Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obesity 11:25 - Dec 11 with 14077 viewsexiled_dictator

a very sensitive subject, not something to be laughed at, but definitely something to be addressed on a national scale.
and as someone who was probably obese and has worked very hard to reduce the medical effects of obesity, i can understand the worldly temptations and peer pressure that is out there.

H O W E V E R . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i have an issue with dame sally davies, england's chief medical officer.
in her opinion, obesity is as big a threat as terrorism.
really?
wtf is this woman smoking, and does she get it on nhs prescription?

i am really struggling to envision a situation where an overweight female gets onto a crowded train and explodes killing tens of innocent passengers a la mr creosote. or walks down the road so recklessly that she manages to run over and kill several pedestrians.

i do understand that obesity is very real and can really affect a person and their family, but comparing it to a terrorist attack on the streets of london is just a joke. p45 time, me thinks.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Obesity on 11:34 - Dec 11 with 8110 viewstoboboly

Obesity will kill more people and cost more money than terrorism. Probably what she means.

Gotta say I think people need to stop burying their head in the sand, tax crappy food to the sky and tell people who are fat that they are and it isn't fcuking glandular. NHS is on it's arse cos of fat people.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Obesity on 11:42 - Dec 11 with 8088 viewsActonOccident

Maybe she could have framed it a bit better, but obesity will waste much more of my taxes and kill far more people than a handful of Islamist lunatics in the UK.

The NHS was set up when wartime rationing was still in place. Among all the other expensive medical advancements it has had to deal with since then, structurally It's not best placed to deal with a porky one who can't lay off the jelly tots.
Obesity on 11:52 - Dec 11 with 8048 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

More people, by a massive margin, have died and will die from obesity than terrorism so I agree with her totally.

EDIT

Sorry just realised everyone else has already said this,
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 11:54]
Obesity on 11:59 - Dec 11 with 8024 viewsessextaxiboy

IMO there should be a health insurance element to cover certain conditions such as obesity . Then premiums would be set taking account of lifestyle and risk . I personally would also charge for a GP appointment payable via NI contributions so exempting the disabled the old and the young .
Obesity on 11:59 - Dec 11 with 8025 viewsClive_Anderson

I really don't understand how people let themselves get absolutely massive. I would have thought they would start to decide to eat a bit less when they hit 20 stone, but apparently not.

I suppose the government could start taxing sugar and stuff and ban high fructose corn syrup. Shouldn't really be the government's job, but if they are going to have to deal with all these fatties then maybe they should force them to eat a bit healthier.

No idea what it has to do with terrorism though, I suppose the medical industry sees all the money going into anti-terror stuff and wants a piece of the action.
Obesity on 12:05 - Dec 11 with 7996 viewsozexile

I think its a lack of education. When I speak to people about weight loss and I ask them to tell me what they've been eating I'm amazed at things they think are healthy. A mate is on 2 x bottles of coke a day. His breakfast is 2 x croissants. He was shocked when I told him to change it.
Supermarkets in oz are terrible. Every week crisps,chocolate and sugary drinks are on special while blueberries are $6 a punnet.
Obesity on 12:06 - Dec 11 with 7995 viewsSimonJames

And the biggest threat of all...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Obesity on 12:12 - Dec 11 with 7977 viewsClive_Anderson

Obesity on 12:05 - Dec 11 by ozexile

I think its a lack of education. When I speak to people about weight loss and I ask them to tell me what they've been eating I'm amazed at things they think are healthy. A mate is on 2 x bottles of coke a day. His breakfast is 2 x croissants. He was shocked when I told him to change it.
Supermarkets in oz are terrible. Every week crisps,chocolate and sugary drinks are on special while blueberries are $6 a punnet.

How is it possible people don't know that sugary crap and junk food isn't good for you? The government ran that 5-a-day campaign for about a decade and all this stuff is taught in schools and none of it seems to make any difference, kids are fatter than ever.

People go through their entire lives without bothering to learn the basics of nutrition that could be learned in 10 minutes. Completely baffling.
Login to get fewer ads

Obesity on 12:13 - Dec 11 with 7977 viewsPommyhoop

Obesity on 11:59 - Dec 11 by Clive_Anderson

I really don't understand how people let themselves get absolutely massive. I would have thought they would start to decide to eat a bit less when they hit 20 stone, but apparently not.

I suppose the government could start taxing sugar and stuff and ban high fructose corn syrup. Shouldn't really be the government's job, but if they are going to have to deal with all these fatties then maybe they should force them to eat a bit healthier.

No idea what it has to do with terrorism though, I suppose the medical industry sees all the money going into anti-terror stuff and wants a piece of the action.

Harsh !
It is catch 22 for a lot of poor folk..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Obesity on 12:17 - Dec 11 with 7962 viewsSuffolk

The terrorist threat is growing and so are their capabilities. I believe that in our lifetime we will see an attack on the western world by a few that will kill thousands if not tens of thousands and have a devastating impact on the world economy. To speak of about obesity in the same context is a p*ss take.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 12:18]
Obesity on 12:17 - Dec 11 with 7955 viewsozexile

Obesity on 12:12 - Dec 11 by Clive_Anderson

How is it possible people don't know that sugary crap and junk food isn't good for you? The government ran that 5-a-day campaign for about a decade and all this stuff is taught in schools and none of it seems to make any difference, kids are fatter than ever.

People go through their entire lives without bothering to learn the basics of nutrition that could be learned in 10 minutes. Completely baffling.

Baffles me.
Obesity on 12:22 - Dec 11 with 7934 viewsClive_Anderson

Obesity on 12:13 - Dec 11 by Pommyhoop

Harsh !
It is catch 22 for a lot of poor folk..

Is it though? When I lost my job a few years ago I used to feed myself on £12 a week. Just got whatever meat was on offer and had potatoes and veg with it. Fruit for dessert. It was the healthiest I'd been in years.

Apparently the UK had the best diet during rationing after the war when no one could afford or get any processed food or sugar.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 12:23]
Obesity on 12:27 - Dec 11 with 7910 viewsexiled_dictator

i seem to remmedber a telly programme where jamie oliver went around schools trying to introduce more nutritional and less fatty and salty foods.
teachers were complaining that they could tell exactly what their students had ingested for breakfast or lunch as a direct relationship to their behaviour in class.
when the children went home and told their parents and families, there was outrage and protests at the changes. there was even that famous scene where parents went to local chip shop and newsagents and fed their children at lunch hour through the school fence.
this fat mother wearing a pink tracksuit with 'babe' on her arse said her poor 15 stone teenager would come home starving. she even referred to the new conditions as a concentration camp.

if you are going to tackle obesity, then you have to start in the home and educate parents.
but, as mentioned, its the supermarkets that are the biggest problems. cheap sugary fatty foods will always be cheaper that good for you fruit and vegetables, but i don't understand why the supermarkets take this course. sugary fizzy pop drinks are the worst. i cannot stop kids coming in my newsagents, buying 1.5 litre bottles of coke or fanta, then consuming the whole contacts with a mars bar and family packet of crisps as a breakfast, then go to school. i shudder to think how they will behave in class having consumed that first thing in the morning.

it's about education.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Obesity on 12:34 - Dec 11 with 7890 viewsDWQPR

Eating the wrong foods is another addiction. People love eating chocolate, cakes (except Bakewell Tarts), crisps, burgers, sweets and fizzy drinks because they are designed to taste good to the masses. They make people feel better, like cigarettes, alcohol and yet many people still smoke despite the well published dangers with smoking, many drink to excess and know they are killing themselves. Fact is that many humans cannot control their addictions and whatever the cost, whatever the taxes they will continue to eat the wrong things in excess and will never lose weight.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Obesity on 12:38 - Dec 11 with 7880 viewsPommyhoop

Obesity on 12:22 - Dec 11 by Clive_Anderson

Is it though? When I lost my job a few years ago I used to feed myself on £12 a week. Just got whatever meat was on offer and had potatoes and veg with it. Fruit for dessert. It was the healthiest I'd been in years.

Apparently the UK had the best diet during rationing after the war when no one could afford or get any processed food or sugar.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 12:23]

I was kidding Clive. I'm with you all the way. It's not just the intake of food thats f'cking up our kids ,its the sedentary lifestyle they lead. Smart phones instead of the red public phone at the end of the estate that hardly ever worked.
Back when we were kids everyone knew that the fat kids were either very greedy or very lazy or both. There were no bullshite excuses about big bones or dodgy glands. Sure .there were some unfortunates who had genuine problems but nothing like now.
I remember once we were hanging about round the shops and a fat kid we knew bought a couple pounds of plums ( yeah I know that's pretty healthy but hold on) . we were like ''Gissa plumb Steve ,go on''.He was ''Nah, leave it out this is my dinner ,my Mum and Dad are out.''
A couple of seconds later a maternal voice drifted down from the middle flats of the tower block . Steven , Steven , come up now Luv your teas ready. Perfect timing. He waddled off .
But like I say , he was in a minority .
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 12:56]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Obesity on 12:44 - Dec 11 with 7855 viewsrrrspricey

Obesity on 11:59 - Dec 11 by essextaxiboy

IMO there should be a health insurance element to cover certain conditions such as obesity . Then premiums would be set taking account of lifestyle and risk . I personally would also charge for a GP appointment payable via NI contributions so exempting the disabled the old and the young .

Not really work the risk for insurance companies. I work for a major PMI provider and we’ve considered such “bolt-ons” however, obesity would never be one. The only people who would take out an obesity module would be those on their way to obesity anyway and would therefore be very unlikely to be accepted.

Can’t really see most people who are healthy or a little overweight taking out insurance against becoming obese.

As others have said it’s baffling how people get the size they do. I’ve gotten up to just over 15 stone a couple of times before (I’m 6’) looked at myself and thought “you fat fcuker” then done something about it, How people can’t do something positive when the get to 20, 25, 30 stone in beyond me.
Obesity on 12:57 - Dec 11 with 7828 viewsCamberleyR

The supermarkets do have a lot to answer for. A couple of weeks ago whilst doing the weekly shop noticed a "meal deal" offer. The deal was a frozen pizza, a bag of frozen chips and a small tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream for 3 quid. Unbelievable.

Always the same, always see the fizzy drinks, chocolate bars and other unhealthy shit on offer.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 13:13]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Obesity on 13:12 - Dec 11 with 7788 viewshoof_hearted

From the Independent reporting a study by the National Centre for Health Statistics at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention in Maryland, US:-

Mild obesity (those with a BMI between 30 and 34.9) brings a 5 per cent lower premature death rate, according to the study. Although this was not statistically significant, it suggests there is no increased risk of premature death attached to that weight range.

So enjoy your short lives you skinny, patronising, soon to die b@stards
Obesity on 13:26 - Dec 11 with 7749 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Obesity on 12:57 - Dec 11 by CamberleyR

The supermarkets do have a lot to answer for. A couple of weeks ago whilst doing the weekly shop noticed a "meal deal" offer. The deal was a frozen pizza, a bag of frozen chips and a small tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream for 3 quid. Unbelievable.

Always the same, always see the fizzy drinks, chocolate bars and other unhealthy shit on offer.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 13:13]

That word Chav again. I hate it. As bad as N igger or P aki in my opinion.

It's not just a working class problem.

EDIT I noticed you removed it. Well done.

[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 13:27]
Obesity on 13:28 - Dec 11 with 7743 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Obesity on 14:19 - Dec 11 with 7682 viewsClive_Anderson

"That word Chav again. I hate it. As bad as N igger or P aki in my opinion. "

So "Chav" is out these days? Didn't know that.

What is the approved replacement word?
Obesity on 14:23 - Dec 11 with 7671 viewstoboboly

Obesity on 14:19 - Dec 11 by Clive_Anderson

"That word Chav again. I hate it. As bad as N igger or P aki in my opinion. "

So "Chav" is out these days? Didn't know that.

What is the approved replacement word?

"Person of less than desirable morals and social etiquette"

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Obesity on 14:29 - Dec 11 with 7659 viewsBluce_Ree

Chav is what it is.

If I see some grubby as f**k fat mess walking out of Greggs with a sausage roll shoved in her fat toddler's face who she's screaming at and a boyfriend in a shitty Liverpool FC football top and shitty grey trackie bottoms and they weigh a combined 50 stone and are covered in more shitty ink than they've ever actually read in a book then I'm thinking she's a f**king chav piece of sh*t.

It doesn't have the same resonance as 'n1gger' or 'p@ki' at all which is why it isn't swear-filtered.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Obesity on 14:30 - Dec 11 with 7650 viewsessextaxiboy

Obesity on 13:26 - Dec 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

What on earth is wrong with Chav ?

The fact that you typed it but felt that you had to break up the other two shows that .

This word police stuff really does water down real genuine nasty prejudice .

What word would you have us use Baz ?
Obesity on 14:30 - Dec 11 with 7649 viewsTheBlob

Obesity on 13:26 - Dec 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who died and made you king?
Anything else you'd like to object to Your Highness?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024