Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 31369 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 14:48 - Jan 6 with 2084 viewsRangersw12

Ramsey returns on 14:46 - Jan 6 by Northernr

From Phildo's post further up...

Today's times says the club had him on a three year contract that allowed them to demote him back to the academy if the manager post did not go well and this was what they did in November. He took advice from the LMA who told him he had no legal option for unfair dismissal so has returned for the time being while he seeks another managers position elsewhere.

Nice one

Think he will be here a while as can't see him getting a managers role !

Shame the club haven't said anything about Steve Gallen
Ramsey returns on 14:55 - Jan 6 with 2062 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 14:34 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Take your point about the manager not picking the youth players. You're scraping the barrel with that list mind - Lee Barnard That's like your persistent claim we should be appointing Jackie McNamara as our new manager.

Anyway, like I say, if The Times is right, he'll be on his way soon enough. Looks like a ruse to avoid a pay off going on our FFP record when you read it like that.

Lee Barnard still played in the 1st team , you said no one had come from the days of Ledley King I gave you a few players who had played for Spurs 1st team after coming through the youth , they may not have been the best but they still came through,

as for Jackie McNamara he was on a list of managers I gave who should have replaced Ramsey , I also put on that list JFH, Warburton, Clough , Robinson, Rowett, Cotterill, and a few others , what's your point ?
maybe I should have gone hysterical over the appointment of Kevin Blackwell like you did , you know the coach who came in and worked on our defence , the same defence that was conceding left , right and centre under Ramsey , the defence he coached to keep clean sheets and look an organised unit , you were persistent in having a pop at him were you not
see the game is about opinions

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 14:59 - Jan 6 with 2047 viewsQPR_Jim

Ramsey returns on 14:20 - Jan 6 by paulparker

I bang on as people are using it as an example of what Ramsey has done before
im coming back with a counter argument
read the thread

I have read the thread, as painful as it is to read such childish rubbish from some posters, I've read the whole thing. I appreciate that you are at least presenting a case, your own thoughts but to me your counter argument is flawed. Youth team results don't equate to development more so at international level but the fact the FA appoint him does show he's a respected coach.
Ramsey returns on 15:03 - Jan 6 with 2036 viewspaulparker

Today's times says the club had him on a three year contract that allowed them to demote him back to the academy if the manager post did not go well and this was what they did in November. He took advice from the LMA who told him he had no legal option for unfair dismissal so has returned for the time being while he seeks another managers position elsewhere.

So basically he is coming back with his tail between his legs
he tried to get advice from the LMA to possibly take legal action against the club even though he was useless at his job
the last couple of months he has probably been on garden leave while he awaits others
none have come which is why he is back here doing a job he doesn't want
how is this brilliant news for our academy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 15:04 - Jan 6 with 2029 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 14:34 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Take your point about the manager not picking the youth players. You're scraping the barrel with that list mind - Lee Barnard That's like your persistent claim we should be appointing Jackie McNamara as our new manager.

Anyway, like I say, if The Times is right, he'll be on his way soon enough. Looks like a ruse to avoid a pay off going on our FFP record when you read it like that.

whats the times article clive? It's behind a paywall so haven't read it
Ramsey returns on 15:05 - Jan 6 with 2025 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 14:48 - Jan 6 by Rangersw12

Nice one

Think he will be here a while as can't see him getting a managers role !

Shame the club haven't said anything about Steve Gallen

doubt they can say anything about Steve Gallen same as with Ramsey until they either give him a new job or let him go
Ramsey returns on 15:05 - Jan 6 with 2024 viewsJonDoeman

Don't like the sound of that .

It Is What It Is !!

Ramsey returns on 15:07 - Jan 6 with 2003 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 14:59 - Jan 6 by QPR_Jim

I have read the thread, as painful as it is to read such childish rubbish from some posters, I've read the whole thing. I appreciate that you are at least presenting a case, your own thoughts but to me your counter argument is flawed. Youth team results don't equate to development more so at international level but the fact the FA appoint him does show he's a respected coach.

Yes your right Youth team results are not the be all & end all but if you take the time he had as the under 20's at the Youth World cup we didn't even score a goal, that's not progress is it ? and that was against Cameroon, Usa & Japan
ive yet to be convinced this guy is the coach that this MB make him out to be
especially has it now seems he is basically being forced back here

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns on 15:11 - Jan 6 with 1982 viewsJamie

Ramsey returns on 14:31 - Jan 6 by RangersDave

So if I've read that correct.....

He contacted the LMA to enquire about an 'unfair dismissal' claim?

And we want that sort back in our club?

Are we as a club that stupid?

He hasn't come back as he never left.

Sounds like he was given the Xmas period off to sort his head out and now has to report back to work as he has a contract here.

At the risk of PPs head exploding, I would imagine that we would want decent compensation as well if we were to let him go and take up a role at the FA, especially after Dyke yesterday mouthed off about how the FA is the richest in the world.
Ramsey returns on 15:20 - Jan 6 with 1950 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey returns on 14:55 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Lee Barnard still played in the 1st team , you said no one had come from the days of Ledley King I gave you a few players who had played for Spurs 1st team after coming through the youth , they may not have been the best but they still came through,

as for Jackie McNamara he was on a list of managers I gave who should have replaced Ramsey , I also put on that list JFH, Warburton, Clough , Robinson, Rowett, Cotterill, and a few others , what's your point ?
maybe I should have gone hysterical over the appointment of Kevin Blackwell like you did , you know the coach who came in and worked on our defence , the same defence that was conceding left , right and centre under Ramsey , the defence he coached to keep clean sheets and look an organised unit , you were persistent in having a pop at him were you not
see the game is about opinions

Well we've had at least that many who've come through and played one or two games, the odd League Cup match, which is what most on your list there did at Spurs. Harriman, Doughty, Andrade, St Aimee etc. Anyway, like I say, respect your point about managers needing to pick them.

On McNamara, my point is more intrigue than anything - I could never understand why he so steadfastly appeared on your list every time. Took Dundee Utd to dead last with the division''s fourth biggest budget and got the sack, now taking York City to dead last in League Two via some monumental thrashings. Brought his wonderful, progressive Dundee Utd side down here and lost to Chris Ramsey's QPR. I just didn't see how you could pelt Ramsey so hard while praising somebody failing elsewhere. Genuine intrigue.

On Blackwell, I'm not sure somebody who goes on about Ramsey as much as you do can really accuse anybody else of being hysterical but fair enough. I hate him. I've always hated him. He's a footballing dinosaur. Serial failure, while playing awful football. You talk about Ramsey only having one job this and can't get work elsewhere that - Blackwell hasn't worked at all since being sacked two years ago. By Bury.

Any defence will look better if you remove all the strikers from the team and park six midfielders in front of it, and as I've said elsewhere that Neil Warnock spell was nowhere near as brilliant as some make out. Four dire matches, a 0-0 draw at home to lowly Preston were we didn't have a shot on target, a loss at Boro playing no strikers, a 0-0 draw at Reading but for the goalkeeper and a 1-0 win at home to Leeds (who'd lost to Rotherham the week before) with Austin on the pitch. All while playing dreadful, dreary, dull football. "There aren't many goals in this team, we know that," said Warnock. Funny, the anti-Christ managed to make the same group of players the top scorers in the division.

Ramsey returns on 15:22 - Jan 6 with 1950 viewsthemodfather

les can bring paul hart in too!
what are qpr doing?mwill chelsea appoint jose back? no

ramsey failed to motivate the shower he had, took us down, results were poor, he was sacked and then les mentions racism??? or some bow locks like it....now he's back, so will he motivate em this time?? i doubt it....and a promotion too!
i am thinking les can go back to his beloved spurs asap...my thoughts.
Ramsey returns on 15:26 - Jan 6 with 1923 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 14:59 - Jan 6 by QPR_Jim

its a bleedin football message board not a forum on governing dynamics at MIT. No need to whip on the billowing white chemise and imbibe opium to post Byron style is there?
if people want to be childish let them, lifes grim enough out there in the grey skies of January. I swear this forums turning into the Labour shadow cabinet.

youre right though Jim , its more painful than root canal work performed with neolithic tools on here sometimes.

People that you find childish and painful just stick on ignore, works a charm for me.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 15:30]

A Number One.

Ramsey returns on 15:41 - Jan 6 with 1885 viewsPunteR

Ramsey returns on 12:58 - Jan 6 by QPunkR

'kin hell man, we get it. He's done something personal to you. Look, he was at Spurs for a decade. If he'd had 10 different jobs at 10 different clubs during that time would that make him more acceptable to you?
Like I've said previously, he was a disaster as a manager but does that mean he'd be a disaster in any other profession? Should he be allowed to ever work again?

I dont think he was a disaster as a manager either. Like Clive says ,we were top goal scorers and in and around the playoffs.
Without wanting to retread old arguments about Ramsey's time here i still feel it was the wrong time to sack him. We are basically going to finish off the season as we would if Ramsey was still head coach. It should never have been about promotion this season. Ramseys role was to steady the ship,start again. The club have made a right mess of this season.
I'm glad Ramsey is still here in some capacity,i just hope he still has the same motivation to do well for us.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey returns on 15:45 - Jan 6 with 1865 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ramsey returns on 14:31 - Jan 6 by RangersDave

So if I've read that correct.....

He contacted the LMA to enquire about an 'unfair dismissal' claim?

And we want that sort back in our club?

Are we as a club that stupid?

Stop with the "we"
Yes they are

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ramsey returns on 15:45 - Jan 6 with 1864 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 15:20 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Well we've had at least that many who've come through and played one or two games, the odd League Cup match, which is what most on your list there did at Spurs. Harriman, Doughty, Andrade, St Aimee etc. Anyway, like I say, respect your point about managers needing to pick them.

On McNamara, my point is more intrigue than anything - I could never understand why he so steadfastly appeared on your list every time. Took Dundee Utd to dead last with the division''s fourth biggest budget and got the sack, now taking York City to dead last in League Two via some monumental thrashings. Brought his wonderful, progressive Dundee Utd side down here and lost to Chris Ramsey's QPR. I just didn't see how you could pelt Ramsey so hard while praising somebody failing elsewhere. Genuine intrigue.

On Blackwell, I'm not sure somebody who goes on about Ramsey as much as you do can really accuse anybody else of being hysterical but fair enough. I hate him. I've always hated him. He's a footballing dinosaur. Serial failure, while playing awful football. You talk about Ramsey only having one job this and can't get work elsewhere that - Blackwell hasn't worked at all since being sacked two years ago. By Bury.

Any defence will look better if you remove all the strikers from the team and park six midfielders in front of it, and as I've said elsewhere that Neil Warnock spell was nowhere near as brilliant as some make out. Four dire matches, a 0-0 draw at home to lowly Preston were we didn't have a shot on target, a loss at Boro playing no strikers, a 0-0 draw at Reading but for the goalkeeper and a 1-0 win at home to Leeds (who'd lost to Rotherham the week before) with Austin on the pitch. All while playing dreadful, dreary, dull football. "There aren't many goals in this team, we know that," said Warnock. Funny, the anti-Christ managed to make the same group of players the top scorers in the division.

That Spurs list wasn't a bumper crop of kids I admit that , but apart from Man utds in 92 there really hasn't been a group of youngsters who went on to play for the 1st team for a prolonged period, Everton & Southampton maybe being the exceptions
that's modern football the last 20 years, you can have all the best kids in the world but unless you play them they will never develop

as for McNamara I was very impressed with his Dundee Utd team, he brought through some excellent youngsters like Robertson, Gauld, Johnny Russell, Gary Mckay-Steven, Stuart Armstrong, Ciftci, his team were very entertaining and going on to good things until all of those players were sold , its a tough league Scotland when you have no money and your best players are sold , at that point QPR were looking to "start afresh"
we were talking about youth players, scouting from Scotland and other such places
we were talking about going back to the QPR way , IMHO he would have been a good contender to consider , fair play to him to going to York and trying to resurrect his career

I only go on about Ramsey as QPR fans keep telling me on this MB about how great a coach he is, I don't see it and no one has come on here and told me any different
the football under him was Dire bar a few games
as for Blackwell it was a small term measure to help NW , imho he done more work with our defence in a month than Ramsey did in 9
its easy to say we only beat this team and we only drew that game, but didn't Ramsey have gimmes like Forest, Blackburn, Cardiff at home we also conceded 3 against a poor Bolton team and nearly gave the game away against Rotherham
if playing with no strikers and shoring up the defence was that easy why didn't Ramsey do it ? the points NW got maybe the ones that keep us up this year the way it is going
it wasn't pretty but we were conceding nearly 3 a game , i
we now have the farcical re appointment of a coach who doesn't want to be here, who messed up the main job and who tried to seek advice about claiming for unfair dismissal

Ramsey returns on 15:48 - Jan 6 with 1849 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 15:22 - Jan 6 by themodfather

les can bring paul hart in too!
what are qpr doing?mwill chelsea appoint jose back? no

ramsey failed to motivate the shower he had, took us down, results were poor, he was sacked and then les mentions racism??? or some bow locks like it....now he's back, so will he motivate em this time?? i doubt it....and a promotion too!
i am thinking les can go back to his beloved spurs asap...my thoughts.

Chelsea did bring Jose back

How has Ramsey got a promotion and when did Les mention racism?

The minute Ferdinand gets hounded out, which he will do, we can go back to moaning we have no football people at board level
Ramsey returns on 15:50 - Jan 6 with 1831 viewsDiscodroids

All we need now is an alien Conspiracy and a probe up our arseholes and this thread will have the lot.

A Number One.

Ramsey returns on 15:56 - Jan 6 with 1809 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey returns on 15:45 - Jan 6 by paulparker

That Spurs list wasn't a bumper crop of kids I admit that , but apart from Man utds in 92 there really hasn't been a group of youngsters who went on to play for the 1st team for a prolonged period, Everton & Southampton maybe being the exceptions
that's modern football the last 20 years, you can have all the best kids in the world but unless you play them they will never develop

as for McNamara I was very impressed with his Dundee Utd team, he brought through some excellent youngsters like Robertson, Gauld, Johnny Russell, Gary Mckay-Steven, Stuart Armstrong, Ciftci, his team were very entertaining and going on to good things until all of those players were sold , its a tough league Scotland when you have no money and your best players are sold , at that point QPR were looking to "start afresh"
we were talking about youth players, scouting from Scotland and other such places
we were talking about going back to the QPR way , IMHO he would have been a good contender to consider , fair play to him to going to York and trying to resurrect his career

I only go on about Ramsey as QPR fans keep telling me on this MB about how great a coach he is, I don't see it and no one has come on here and told me any different
the football under him was Dire bar a few games
as for Blackwell it was a small term measure to help NW , imho he done more work with our defence in a month than Ramsey did in 9
its easy to say we only beat this team and we only drew that game, but didn't Ramsey have gimmes like Forest, Blackburn, Cardiff at home we also conceded 3 against a poor Bolton team and nearly gave the game away against Rotherham
if playing with no strikers and shoring up the defence was that easy why didn't Ramsey do it ? the points NW got maybe the ones that keep us up this year the way it is going
it wasn't pretty but we were conceding nearly 3 a game , i
we now have the farcical re appointment of a coach who doesn't want to be here, who messed up the main job and who tried to seek advice about claiming for unfair dismissal

I'll stop after this as we waste too much of each other's time but...

"apart from Man utds in 92 there really hasn't been a group of youngsters who went on to play for the 1st team for a prolonged period, Everton & Southampton maybe being the exceptions." And now Spurs, with a crop Ramsey coached.

"its a tough league Scotland when you have no money"
McNamara had the fourth biggest budget in the SPL.

"if playing with no strikers and shoring up the defence was that easy why didn't Ramsey do it ?"

Because it would have meant we stopped scoring, and therefore stopped winning even occasionally, which is exactly what has happened.
Ramsey returns on 16:00 - Jan 6 with 1784 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsey returns on 15:50 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

All we need now is an alien Conspiracy and a probe up our arseholes and this thread will have the lot.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey returns on 16:01 - Jan 6 with 1773 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 16:00 - Jan 6 by Pommyhoop

A Number One.

Ramsey returns on 16:05 - Jan 6 with 1758 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 15:56 - Jan 6 by Northernr

I'll stop after this as we waste too much of each other's time but...

"apart from Man utds in 92 there really hasn't been a group of youngsters who went on to play for the 1st team for a prolonged period, Everton & Southampton maybe being the exceptions." And now Spurs, with a crop Ramsey coached.

"its a tough league Scotland when you have no money"
McNamara had the fourth biggest budget in the SPL.

"if playing with no strikers and shoring up the defence was that easy why didn't Ramsey do it ?"

Because it would have meant we stopped scoring, and therefore stopped winning even occasionally, which is exactly what has happened.

Spurs are playing Kane, Rose & Mason that 3 players,

if you sell 5 or 6 of your best players without re investing you tend to struggle

we Won 2 games out of the Four with Warnock conceding 1 goal , how is that not winning games

Ramsey returns on 16:09 - Jan 6 with 1743 viewsQPR_Jim

Ramsey returns on 15:26 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

its a bleedin football message board not a forum on governing dynamics at MIT. No need to whip on the billowing white chemise and imbibe opium to post Byron style is there?
if people want to be childish let them, lifes grim enough out there in the grey skies of January. I swear this forums turning into the Labour shadow cabinet.

youre right though Jim , its more painful than root canal work performed with neolithic tools on here sometimes.

People that you find childish and painful just stick on ignore, works a charm for me.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 15:30]

I'm sure there's some middle ground where we can reasonably expect to discuss QPR in a rational way.
Ramsey returns on 16:19 - Jan 6 with 1718 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 16:09 - Jan 6 by QPR_Jim

I'm sure there's some middle ground where we can reasonably expect to discuss QPR in a rational way.

Im sure there is.

Having explained my position on Ramsey in detail more time than there has been ' 'whats your favourite kfc krushem ?' threads, the time for Venn diagrams and Complicated algorithims has long since passed .Time to take the piss I feel.

There is certainly something about Ramsey that brings out childishness(in my case), and such sickening self righteousness and high minded Piety among some LFW posters, in equal measure, that it would make Stephen Fry violently vomit into his 17th century crushed velvet curtains when not tied around the neck of his young husband in search of hypoxia nirvana.

Goodbye, Mr chips.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 16:28]

A Number One.

Ramsey returns on 16:45 - Jan 6 with 1666 viewssimmo

Ramsey returns on 16:01 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

That Napoleon Dynamite GIF is amazing

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey returns on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 1660 viewsTheBlob

Ramsey returns on 13:56 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Such a nice number they hadn't brought a single kid through to the first team since Ledley King before he got there.

Anyway, judging by The Times piece, he won't be around long anyway, which is fairly farcical.

Ah yes,the queue of potential suitors is now into the Goldhawk Road as we speak.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024