Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets game 11:49 - Jan 17 with 26031 viewsonedalefan

Called off due to snow making the surrounding area unsafe and taking conditions of people travelling into account.Says that the pitch is rated 50/50 to play but would take time to move the snow. Would suggest they were still thinking of playing even after yesterday.
Hornets game on 11:53 - Jan 17 with 14711 viewsmacro

They were confident they would play today I'm told.
Hornets game on 12:15 - Jan 17 with 14654 viewsSandyman

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/News/Article/43577
Hornets game on 12:26 - Jan 17 with 14609 views442Dale

Hornets game on 12:15 - Jan 17 by Sandyman

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/News/Article/43577

Capital letters for the trophy they're playing for.

And 'early'.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets game on 12:45 - Jan 17 with 14551 viewsrobbowood

Hornets game on 11:53 - Jan 17 by macro

They were confident they would play today I'm told.

and no doubt would have done if there wasn't snow on the covers
Hornets game on 14:22 - Jan 17 with 14357 viewsYorkshire_Dale

My initial thoughts were that Hornets have a half decent Website there.......and some top Sponsors?

Not too bad for amateurs.
Hornets game on 14:51 - Jan 17 with 14305 views49thseason

Hornets game on 14:22 - Jan 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

My initial thoughts were that Hornets have a half decent Website there.......and some top Sponsors?

Not too bad for amateurs.

It is a professionally built website, unfortunately, whoever writes the content needs an editor.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 14:55]
Hornets game on 15:26 - Jan 17 with 14235 viewsSuddenLad

Hornets game on 14:51 - Jan 17 by 49thseason

It is a professionally built website, unfortunately, whoever writes the content needs an editor.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 14:55]

and a dictionary......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hornets game on 15:46 - Jan 17 with 14187 viewsmingthemerciless

There was absolutely no chance of that game going on. You know it and I know it.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets game on 15:53 - Jan 17 with 14172 viewsscooby

i was in around the ground most of this morning, saw no one at the club between 9-11. Not anyone even went there to check...

Obviously I'm talking cars, someone could have walked and i wouldn't have seen them.
Hornets game on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 14137 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets game on 15:46 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

There was absolutely no chance of that game going on. You know it and I know it.

Why, are you the groundsman?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets game on 16:53 - Jan 17 with 14037 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game on 16:05 - Jan 17 by TVOS1907

Why, are you the groundsman?

How smart do you have to be ? If you have eyes that see that should be enough.
Hornets game on 17:11 - Jan 17 with 13980 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets game on 16:53 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

Probably as smart as the groundsman who stated last Sunday morning that the pitch wasn't fit.........
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 17:13]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hornets game on 17:18 - Jan 17 with 13942 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets game on 16:53 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

What if I'm Mr Magoo?

Hornets game on 17:31 - Jan 17 with 13905 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game on 17:18 - Jan 17 by TVOS1907

What if I'm Mr Magoo?

That would explain a lot.
Hornets game on 17:34 - Jan 17 with 13887 views442Dale

Hornets game on 17:31 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

What would you like to change going forward?

Surely Dale sorting he stadium with Hornets as tenants is the best option?

Hornets game on 17:42 - Jan 17 with 13863 views1mark1

Hornets game on 17:34 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

Pay per play has to be the best option, with the landlord saying when a game is allowed to be played, and understanding that certain unimportant games like friendles cannot be played in certain circumstances.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hornets game on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 13849 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game on 17:34 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

That's the conclusion the Hornets board and shareholders came to over a year ago. I wasn't at that meeting but I would have probably voted for the deal at the time. The disdain Hornets are treated with doesn't fill me with too much confidence for the future of the deal at the moment.
Hornets game on 17:45 - Jan 17 with 13847 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets game on 17:31 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

Aye.

At around 5pm last Saturday I could see there perhaps shouldn't be another game on the pitch less than 24 hours later.

Hornets game on 17:47 - Jan 17 with 13837 views442Dale

Hornets game on 17:44 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

That's the conclusion the Hornets board and shareholders came to over a year ago. I wasn't at that meeting but I would have probably voted for the deal at the time. The disdain Hornets are treated with doesn't fill me with too much confidence for the future of the deal at the moment.

What disdain?

This is a fans' forum. What has this got to do with the deal proposed?

Hornets game on 17:48 - Jan 17 with 13833 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game on 17:42 - Jan 17 by 1mark1

Pay per play has to be the best option, with the landlord saying when a game is allowed to be played, and understanding that certain unimportant games like friendles cannot be played in certain circumstances.

I have grave doubts wether a deal of that sort would have been voted for. I wouldn't have voted for such a deal. You can't run a club were a third party with a vested interests tells you wether you can play or not.
Hornets game on 17:54 - Jan 17 with 13806 views442Dale

Hornets game on 17:48 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

I have grave doubts wether a deal of that sort would have been voted for. I wouldn't have voted for such a deal. You can't run a club were a third party with a vested interests tells you wether you can play or not.

Nobody is saying that will happen, but what's so unacceptable about it and what other options would be open to Hornets?

Hornets game on 18:00 - Jan 17 with 13783 views1mark1

Hornets game on 17:48 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

The interest of the state of the pitch would have to be taken into consideration. For example, if by delaying a friendly game by a couple of days to allow work on the pitch between two games, might be better for all parties.

Could Hornets switched the game around to play at Salford with the arrangement they still get some of the takings, and if so under pay per play, they could offset any potential losses, or indeed potentially make more money holding at Salford. Same with the Oldham game, maybe they could have hosted the Law cup match and do a deal, and under pay for play Hornets might be better off.

I have no idea if pay per play has been agreed as the way forward in the stadium deal being worked on, but I would have thought that would be the best option for all concerned, plus a rent on any offices they use at Spotland paid monthly by Standing Order.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hornets game on 18:02 - Jan 17 with 13780 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game on 17:54 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

Nobody is saying that will happen, but what's so unacceptable about it and what other options would be open to Hornets?

Like I said earlier, any club needs to be able to run it's affairs without undue interference from outside agencies that may or may not have that club'b best interests at heart.

Regarding the disdain, well you only have to read through this thread and other threads like it. A significant faction of the people posting here would like nothing more than Hornets cease to exist.
Hornets game on 18:10 - Jan 17 with 13756 views442Dale

Hornets game on 18:02 - Jan 17 by mingthemerciless

Like I said earlier, any club needs to be able to run it's affairs without undue interference from outside agencies that may or may not have that club'b best interests at heart.

Regarding the disdain, well you only have to read through this thread and other threads like it. A significant faction of the people posting here would like nothing more than Hornets cease to exist.

But the disdain shown by some supporters has nothing to do with any deal. Why would it affect it?

If Dale can sort the Stadium Company and Hornets get to remain at Spotland, that's got to be of benefit to everyone.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 18:11]

Hornets game on 19:05 - Jan 17 with 14110 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game on 18:10 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

But the disdain shown by some supporters has nothing to do with any deal. Why would it affect it?

If Dale can sort the Stadium Company and Hornets get to remain at Spotland, that's got to be of benefit to everyone.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 18:11]

That's the plan. Let's see what happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024