Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Android phone - recommendations? 15:24 - Apr 14 with 3924 viewsTheChef

Looking for a new phone as my current one is on its last legs. This is my 2nd HTC but it just hasn't performed as well as the 1st one I had - battery life is a dead loss!

Currently considering Sony Xperia Z5 Compact or Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

Any recommendations appreciated!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 15:24]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Android phone - recommendations? on 15:26 - Apr 14 with 3910 viewskingsburyR

Samsung Galaxy S7 if I were you.

Have only used Samsungs for years!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

New Android phone - recommendations? on 15:30 - Apr 14 with 3903 viewsTheChef

New Android phone - recommendations? on 15:26 - Apr 14 by kingsburyR

Heh - I was going to mention in the OP that I had a Galaxy SII, and that put me off Samsung for life!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Android phone - recommendations? on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 3888 viewsFDC

I'm on the Galaxy Note 4. It's the shit. Big, HD screen so great for watching films and streaming football. And I do actually use the S-pen for making notes etc. It integrates with desktop Evernote very nicely.

Some people are put off by its size, but I'll never go back to a smaller screen.
New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:01 - Apr 14 with 3856 viewsdanehoop

Buy the iPhone. 😉

Failing that the Sony Xperia z3 compact is a great machine. Which magazine have just recommended the Google nexus 5x is good value with good battery life, good processor and good camera.

Never knowingly understood

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:09 - Apr 14 with 3841 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Don't get a Sony! Dreadful screens, dreadful software and over-priced.

The OnePlus X is a mighty phone at less than £200

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:19 - Apr 14 with 3825 viewsFDC

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:01 - Apr 14 by danehoop

Buy the iPhone. 😉

Failing that the Sony Xperia z3 compact is a great machine. Which magazine have just recommended the Google nexus 5x is good value with good battery life, good processor and good camera.

iPhones are awful . Way overpriced, and not compatible with anything other than other iDross.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 16:19]
New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:25 - Apr 14 with 3816 viewsToast_R

New Android phone - recommendations? on 15:38 - Apr 14 by FDC

I'm on the Galaxy Note 4. It's the shit. Big, HD screen so great for watching films and streaming football. And I do actually use the S-pen for making notes etc. It integrates with desktop Evernote very nicely.

Some people are put off by its size, but I'll never go back to a smaller screen.

Second this, I'm on the Glalaxy S5 at the moment which has been good but showing it's age a bit now. Note is defo my next phone, had a good play around with my mates and like it.

HTC pretty good to use but the two I've had (Desire and One) both developed the same weak Wi-Fi signal pickup fault which is well known apparently. Had to be within 5 metres of the modem to get wi-fi unless you squeeze the top right corner go the phone. Ridiculous.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 16:26]
New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:33 - Apr 14 with 3796 viewsFDC

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:25 - Apr 14 by Toast_R

Second this, I'm on the Glalaxy S5 at the moment which has been good but showing it's age a bit now. Note is defo my next phone, had a good play around with my mates and like it.

HTC pretty good to use but the two I've had (Desire and One) both developed the same weak Wi-Fi signal pickup fault which is well known apparently. Had to be within 5 metres of the modem to get wi-fi unless you squeeze the top right corner go the phone. Ridiculous.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 16:26]

And you can use the Gear VR for a very low cost virtual reality experience
Login to get fewer ads

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:34 - Apr 14 with 3793 viewsSimonJames

My father just bought a Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen. Excellent value for money.

100% of people who drink water will die.

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:36 - Apr 14 with 3788 viewsdanehoop

The OnePlus2 is also now out and meant to be a really good phone. But few issues around screen scratching apparently.

Never knowingly understood

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:36 - Apr 14 with 3789 viewsMetallica_Hoop

After suffering a Window's phone I got the last Galaxy 6

PURE BLISS.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:44 - Apr 14 with 3771 viewsSaycey

If money is no object, Samsung S7 is where it's at. Glorious, powerful, sexy phones. Even an S6 will do a super job.

If money is an object, the OnePlus Two at £249 is a pretty good package. Dual sim too.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 16:57]
New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:50 - Apr 14 with 3761 viewsYorkRanger

New Android phone - recommendations? on 15:26 - Apr 14 by kingsburyR

Got a Galaxy S6. Really good phone and some good deals about given the S7 is now released.
New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:59 - Apr 14 with 3742 viewsTacticalR

New Android phone - recommendations? on 16:34 - Apr 14 by SimonJames

My father just bought a Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen. Excellent value for money.

Yes, good value if money is an issue...

I've got a Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen, bought in 2014 for about £110. It's SIM-free so not tied to any provider. I wanted something cheap so it didn't matter if I dropped it or lost it (it's lasted fine and I've dropped it in the street a few times).

I use it to listen to podcasts, but I would say it's too small to watch movies on. It all depends what you need it for.

Air hostess clique

New Android phone - recommendations? on 17:02 - Apr 14 with 3735 viewsGloucs_R

Get a SIM only package and then buy a wileyfox - https://www.wileyfox.com/

The CEO is ex GM of Motorola, he is also a friend of mine. They've been winning awards all year and are British.

The O/S is a form of Android called Cyanogen, its got some really cool features like tells you who is calling, even if you haven't got them in your address book. Also flags up spam callers to you.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1403938/wileyfox-swift-review

I have had the swift model for 6 months and love it.

Geek review over.

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Android phone - recommendations? on 19:58 - Apr 14 with 3637 viewsRSoul

I know that Samsung are probably the best, just can't buy one(scum connection). Is anyone else, as petty as me?
New Android phone - recommendations? on 20:18 - Apr 14 with 3612 viewsE17hoop

The new HTC M10 is awesome.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

New Android phone - recommendations? on 21:42 - Apr 14 with 3549 viewswestberksr

New Android phone - recommendations? on 17:02 - Apr 14 by Gloucs_R

The CEO is ex GM of Motorola, he is also a friend of mine. They've been winning awards all year and are British.

The O/S is a form of Android called Cyanogen, its got some really cool features like tells you who is calling, even if you haven't got them in your address book. Also flags up spam callers to you.

Geek review over.

I've got one of these too, bargain
New Android phone - recommendations? on 22:12 - Apr 14 with 3511 viewsted_hendrix

Whatever happened to those big red telephone boxes? you never see them any-more.

Press button A

Whatever happened to pease pudding too?

Hello

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New Android phone - recommendations? on 22:17 - Apr 14 with 3506 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Value for money wise you cant beat the Asus Zenphone 2. I bought my one here in NZ for about $420 (200 quid) and it's basically the same as a galaxy S5. amazing phone

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

New Android phone - recommendations? on 00:13 - Apr 15 with 3452 viewsBenny_the_Ball

New Android phone - recommendations? on 17:02 - Apr 14 by Gloucs_R

Geek review over.

Decent spec for the price. I've always liked Cyanogen mods.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024