Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greedy Board of Directors 20:14 - Dec 11 with 8134 viewsBorojack

Would you have done the same in their shoes.
And fukced the club Trust and fans over.
Please try and answer honestly.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:18 - Dec 11 with 5208 views34dfgdf54

100% NO.

We have had one win, surely we aren't trying to paper over what is a stitch up of epic proportions by the board? Apologies if this is not your intention.
Greedy Board of Directors on 20:22 - Dec 11 with 5193 viewsmonmouth

No, but I have some self awareness, and I would recognise that I could have done it in a way to have enough money and keep my dignity and reputation intact, and protect the club I love. These f***ers really think everything was all down to them and are like pigs at feed. They repel me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:23 - Dec 11 with 5189 viewsDr_Winston

It's not the sale of the shares that's been the problem IMO. It's the way it was done.

If the sale had been conducted with transparency and without the attempts to get the Trust to sign away their protections then those involved would probably be getting far less stick.

It's impossible to say whether everyone would have acted in a different way to Jenkins, Dineen and co but the majority will hope that they would have.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:24 - Dec 11 with 5187 viewsBorojack

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:18 - Dec 11 by 34dfgdf54

100% NO.

We have had one win, surely we aren't trying to paper over what is a stitch up of epic proportions by the board? Apologies if this is not your intention.

No its not my intention at all.
I think the custodians of our club acted despicably.
But greed corrupts just wondered if anybody would admit too doing the same in their situation.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:24 - Dec 11 with 5182 viewsymaohyd

Yes I would have sold up, but with more class than they have done.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:34 - Dec 11 with 5147 viewsLeonWasGod

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:23 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

It's not the sale of the shares that's been the problem IMO. It's the way it was done.

If the sale had been conducted with transparency and without the attempts to get the Trust to sign away their protections then those involved would probably be getting far less stick.

It's impossible to say whether everyone would have acted in a different way to Jenkins, Dineen and co but the majority will hope that they would have.

Agreed. They were likely to sell and some point, and who could blame them. They did a fantastic job getting us where we are. And they did a good job building the facilities once we reached the PL (I know people acuse them of just trying to increase the value of the club, but it's irrelevant - we had to have our own facilities).

But there's no way they completed due diligence thoroughly on these guys. They sold us a pup ("next level") when in reality they must have known there was no money to takes us to the next level. Levein & Kaplan keep talking about learning from Huw & Dineen ffs! How the eff is that taking is to the next level? These guys are clueless and skint as far as we're concerned.

So they didn't get us a good deal, they lied to us and they deliberately excluded the trust because they got caught out with the first pair of yanks. Tw@ts. Greedy? Aye.
Greedy Board of Directors on 20:40 - Dec 11 with 5119 viewsDr_Winston

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:34 - Dec 11 by LeonWasGod

Agreed. They were likely to sell and some point, and who could blame them. They did a fantastic job getting us where we are. And they did a good job building the facilities once we reached the PL (I know people acuse them of just trying to increase the value of the club, but it's irrelevant - we had to have our own facilities).

But there's no way they completed due diligence thoroughly on these guys. They sold us a pup ("next level") when in reality they must have known there was no money to takes us to the next level. Levein & Kaplan keep talking about learning from Huw & Dineen ffs! How the eff is that taking is to the next level? These guys are clueless and skint as far as we're concerned.

So they didn't get us a good deal, they lied to us and they deliberately excluded the trust because they got caught out with the first pair of yanks. Tw@ts. Greedy? Aye.

Absolutely. The facilities will be about the only decent legacy they have left if we make the drop.

They started shitting themselves that their golden geese were on the way out when we briefly flirted with relegation in 13/14, were no doubt outraged that the Trust basically killed the Noell/Moores deal a year later, and definitely resolved that they were going to get their money from the next mark to cross their path, even if they had to shit on the Trust to do it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:41 - Dec 11 with 5116 viewsSoberBaker

Depends on the previous relationship with the other shareholders.

I've used this analogy before, but it's a little bit like being the landlord of a property and selling from under the nose of your long term lodger.

I suppose it all depends on whether you 'got on' with your lodger over the course of the term and whether your lodger was being a bit difficult when trying to sell at a previous attempt.

AMOW

Login to get fewer ads

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:44 - Dec 11 with 5093 viewsswan65split

If I need the money , then sold yes, but would have done it properly and openly.
Greedy Board of Directors on 20:47 - Dec 11 with 5078 viewsmajorraglan

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:24 - Dec 11 by ymaohyd

Yes I would have sold up, but with more class than they have done.

I would have done something similar to the above, but I would have taken steps to protect the club going forward so it does go through something similar to what Portsmouth have gone through.

If things don't work out, Swansea is a small place and the old board risk the possibility of having to live always looking over their shoulder for fear of some disgruntled fan "having a word in their ear". I am not saying this will happen, but it's a possiblity and every club has its share of "headers" .
Greedy Board of Directors on 20:50 - Dec 11 with 5065 viewslonglostjack

No. A quarter of what they got would have been more than enough. Money can't buy the most important things in life.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:54 - Dec 11 with 5039 viewsDr_Winston

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:47 - Dec 11 by majorraglan

I would have done something similar to the above, but I would have taken steps to protect the club going forward so it does go through something similar to what Portsmouth have gone through.

If things don't work out, Swansea is a small place and the old board risk the possibility of having to live always looking over their shoulder for fear of some disgruntled fan "having a word in their ear". I am not saying this will happen, but it's a possiblity and every club has its share of "headers" .

For all the bravado and threats that get issued it's worth remembering that Mike Lewis still lives quite happily and peacefully in the area.

What people threaten they'll do when their blood is up and what they actually do in the cold light of day are two very different things. The sellers will probably fancy their chances of doing the same.

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:54 - Dec 11 with 5038 viewsFireboy

I think all of us would have sold but in the PROPER way to people who would have invested in the future

These poor excuse's for human beings just sold to the highest bidder knowing full well that the yanks don't really give a flying f@ck about the club or the fans
Greedy Board of Directors on 20:58 - Dec 11 with 5021 viewsLeonWasGod

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:40 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely. The facilities will be about the only decent legacy they have left if we make the drop.

They started shitting themselves that their golden geese were on the way out when we briefly flirted with relegation in 13/14, were no doubt outraged that the Trust basically killed the Noell/Moores deal a year later, and definitely resolved that they were going to get their money from the next mark to cross their path, even if they had to shit on the Trust to do it.

We see this the same then. Everything they've done suggests they thought the bubble had burst and they decided to get out asap, tried it once properly and then 2nd time by any means they could to get a deal done.
Greedy Board of Directors on 21:00 - Dec 11 with 4993 viewsdobjack2

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:54 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

For all the bravado and threats that get issued it's worth remembering that Mike Lewis still lives quite happily and peacefully in the area.

What people threaten they'll do when their blood is up and what they actually do in the cold light of day are two very different things. The sellers will probably fancy their chances of doing the same.

It's worth noting that the non director sell outs still wanted to sit in the directors box. Presumably they were concerned about mingling with the fans so they knew how we would feel.

If they can't sit in the directors box the next safest place for them would be the away end.
Greedy Board of Directors on 21:00 - Dec 11 with 4991 viewsawayjack

No. Greed, lies and cutting the fans/ trust out shows their true character.
Greedy Board of Directors on 21:01 - Dec 11 with 4992 viewsDr_Winston

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:58 - Dec 11 by LeonWasGod

We see this the same then. Everything they've done suggests they thought the bubble had burst and they decided to get out asap, tried it once properly and then 2nd time by any means they could to get a deal done.

Completely agree.

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:07 - Dec 11 with 4946 viewsLoyal

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:54 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

The problem with Lewis was he was fking old then, god knows how old the gin head is now.
I know quite a few were put off doing anything fearing he would curl his toes up.

Although he did get a slapping after one game.

In this situation now I think anyone faced with the hate and animosity certain characters are facing at the club today needs to think very carefully about their safety. It makes total sense. I would hope they have taken appropriate advice at least.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:19 - Dec 11 with 4903 viewsDr_Winston

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:07 - Dec 11 by Loyal

The problem with Lewis was he was fking old then, god knows how old the gin head is now.
I know quite a few were put off doing anything fearing he would curl his toes up.

Although he did get a slapping after one game.

In this situation now I think anyone faced with the hate and animosity certain characters are facing at the club today needs to think very carefully about their safety. It makes total sense. I would hope they have taken appropriate advice at least.

Maybe.

There's probably one or two hardcore nutters that will fancy their chances, but most people will pour their bile out online or over pints and leave it at that.

Good odds, especially if you've got a couple of million to spend on security.

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:19 - Dec 11 with 4903 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We should ask ourselves what Mel Nurse would have done.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:29 - Dec 11 with 4865 viewsswancity

It's absolutely a pointless question as no one can say until / unless they were in that situation

But I'm still trying to understand it all. They could have sold with the Trust co operation I'm sure and still pocketed millions. The mere fact that they dismissed the Trust and the Fans from the equation means that they must now take on the chin all of the flak coming their way. The cheating and lies will never be forgotten. Selfish scum.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:31 - Dec 11 with 4857 viewstheloneranger

Greedy Board of Directors on 20:23 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

I think the final stab in the back from the board was when they signed the voting rights from their remaining shares over to the new owners, giving them the 75% majority they needed.
Making the Trust shares almost worthless.

This has always made me think that the Americans didn't have the money to purchase all of the club in the first place, making Huw and Co very nervous and that they come up with this idea to get the sale through!!!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:31 - Dec 11 with 4856 viewsDarran

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:29 - Dec 11 by swancity

It's absolutely a pointless question as no one can say until / unless they were in that situation

But I'm still trying to understand it all. They could have sold with the Trust co operation I'm sure and still pocketed millions. The mere fact that they dismissed the Trust and the Fans from the equation means that they must now take on the chin all of the flak coming their way. The cheating and lies will never be forgotten. Selfish scum.

That's the point you doing cùnt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:34 - Dec 11 with 4840 viewsDr_Winston

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:29 - Dec 11 by swancity

You could have been one of them if you'd actually invested Neddy.

Greedy Board of Directors on 21:38 - Dec 11 with 4820 viewsSwansNZ

They were getting big dividends, great perks, living the dream (so to speak) and also being paid to do so, in most/all cases.

If you were Jenkins getting paid 500K per year why would you? Why did you?
If you were Martin Morgan, who has more than enough for life, why would you? Why did you?
F*ck knows what Dineen was/is on, but it’s far too much.

If you were a true Swans supporter, you could have secured the future of the club and made more than enough to be financially secure for life, even with a partial sale.

So my answer would be NO.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024