Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 22:35 - Dec 11 with 12521 viewsstid

On his way back
Tom Carroll on 20:59 - Dec 12 with 2053 viewswaynekerr55

Tom Carroll on 20:49 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

Imagine not stumping up the cash for Joe Allen then a few months later signing a poorer version for similar money !

It's so mad I actually think it may happen !

Carroll is a prospect and nothing more, I would be horrified if we blew 10 m on him .

Nothing should surprise you anymore with regards that total twät Jenkins. The Tutumlu letter showed us that he wasn't the sage that he was painted out to be.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tom Carroll on 21:01 - Dec 12 with 2041 viewsperchrockjack

Just when we need a tough ,hard tackling enforcer in midfield ,along comes Tom.

Pitiful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tom Carroll on 21:17 - Dec 12 with 2001 viewsjasper_T

We need footballers, not thugs.
Tom Carroll on 21:20 - Dec 12 with 1989 viewsharryhpalmer

Tom Carroll on 21:01 - Dec 12 by perchrockjack

Pitiful

there's a rumour kicking around that Hector Herrera, Porto's Mexican international midfielder started following us on Instagram earlier today, but pulled it after the Porto fans went a bit mad.

We were rumoured to have been looking at him last January.

Though in October Man Utd were linked to him.

He sounds exactly what we need. Box to box player. can shoot. and likes to put his foot in.

I'll believe it when I see it, but one can dream.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Tom Carroll on 21:20 - Dec 12 with 1987 viewsNeathJack

Tom Carroll on 21:01 - Dec 12 by perchrockjack

Pitiful

It's not the 70s or 80s any more Perchie.

Carroll is in the Leon/Allen mould, although not at their level. From what I recall of him was good at quickly moving the ball, looking for space and happy to put his foot in. Everything Ki isn't really.

For the right price and not at the expense of defensive strengthening, I'd be happy with him returning.
Tom Carroll on 22:02 - Dec 12 with 1928 viewsicecoldjack

Tom Carroll on 21:20 - Dec 12 by NeathJack

It's not the 70s or 80s any more Perchie.

Carroll is in the Leon/Allen mould, although not at their level. From what I recall of him was good at quickly moving the ball, looking for space and happy to put his foot in. Everything Ki isn't really.

For the right price and not at the expense of defensive strengthening, I'd be happy with him returning.

From what I remember he ended up behind Fulton in the pecking order, he sure isn't 10m quid better than than Fulton , we need players to improve us, Carroll doesn't fit into that category for me at all .
Tom Carroll on 22:08 - Dec 12 with 1907 viewsNeathJack

Tom Carroll on 22:02 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

From what I remember he ended up behind Fulton in the pecking order, he sure isn't 10m quid better than than Fulton , we need players to improve us, Carroll doesn't fit into that category for me at all .

Not sure anyone is suggesting we sign him for £10m.

Your memory is also failing you. Fulton only played in two league games in the time Carroll was here. Carroll also played in both those games.
Tom Carroll on 22:22 - Dec 12 with 1882 viewsicecoldjack

Tom Carroll on 22:08 - Dec 12 by NeathJack

Not sure anyone is suggesting we sign him for £10m.

Your memory is also failing you. Fulton only played in two league games in the time Carroll was here. Carroll also played in both those games.

Well my memory may well be failing but the point is that he was here,did pretty much nothing and went back to spurs where he did pretty much nothing .

Not saying he won't improve but he ain't exactly going to be the answer either.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 22:28 - Dec 12 with 1870 viewsNeathJack

Tom Carroll on 22:22 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

Well my memory may well be failing but the point is that he was here,did pretty much nothing and went back to spurs where he did pretty much nothing .

Not saying he won't improve but he ain't exactly going to be the answer either.

Not suggesting he's an answer to anything, just that he would be a decent signing for the right price, at a good age, and knows how to play football the way we want to play it.
Tom Carroll on 22:56 - Dec 12 with 1825 viewsJJJack

Let's have it right on TC.
Made 18 appearances - of those, we won 11 and drew 2, lost 5. If you take out the Cup games , it reads P13, W8 D2 L3 - 2pts/game in those he appeared.

Last season, in Prem apps for Spurs (mainly as sub) he made 20 apps (W14 D3 L3). Title winning form. Then got injured in march and didn't play during Spurs implosion in April/early May. In all he played 30 times and scored 3 goals for Spurs last season.

Does anyone see a pattern in the above ? Oh and for good measure England U21s won the Euros in 2014/15 and he played in that tournament.

Either he's a rather "lucky mascot" as his teams seem to have a habit of winning games he plays in . Or maybe, just possibly, the lad is a rather useful player (and Joe Allen is EXACTLY the player to consider here ) and he simply isn't getting a fair crack of the whip?

I'll admit that putting stats about appearances v. results can be misleading but there comes a point where people ought to take some notice of these. Is it simply the case that he gets overlooked? I'd suggest therein lies the comparison with Joey Allen, who, Liverpool fans only belatedly realised, had this strange happy knack of "appearing" in games in which they won. Funny that.......
Tom Carroll on 23:07 - Dec 12 with 1798 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tom Carroll on 22:56 - Dec 12 by JJJack

Let's have it right on TC.
Made 18 appearances - of those, we won 11 and drew 2, lost 5. If you take out the Cup games , it reads P13, W8 D2 L3 - 2pts/game in those he appeared.

Last season, in Prem apps for Spurs (mainly as sub) he made 20 apps (W14 D3 L3). Title winning form. Then got injured in march and didn't play during Spurs implosion in April/early May. In all he played 30 times and scored 3 goals for Spurs last season.

Does anyone see a pattern in the above ? Oh and for good measure England U21s won the Euros in 2014/15 and he played in that tournament.

Either he's a rather "lucky mascot" as his teams seem to have a habit of winning games he plays in . Or maybe, just possibly, the lad is a rather useful player (and Joe Allen is EXACTLY the player to consider here ) and he simply isn't getting a fair crack of the whip?

I'll admit that putting stats about appearances v. results can be misleading but there comes a point where people ought to take some notice of these. Is it simply the case that he gets overlooked? I'd suggest therein lies the comparison with Joey Allen, who, Liverpool fans only belatedly realised, had this strange happy knack of "appearing" in games in which they won. Funny that.......

He definitely came of age last season and seems very much in the Joe Allen mould. A loan would suit us down to the ground.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tom Carroll on 23:10 - Dec 12 with 1795 viewsJJJack

Tom Carroll on 23:07 - Dec 12 by Brynmill_Jack

He definitely came of age last season and seems very much in the Joe Allen mould. A loan would suit us down to the ground.

I agree. If he sell Ki and get him for less than we sell Ki I'd be happy with that as an alternative.
Tom Carroll on 23:16 - Dec 12 with 1787 viewsFireboy

I'd have him back

He's the natural successor to king leon

And as a few have mentioned not only did he played well in his few appearances when he was on loan with us he seems to have matured by the evidence of last season
Tom Carroll on 23:32 - Dec 12 with 1760 viewsmajorraglan

Tom Carroll on 21:20 - Dec 12 by harryhpalmer

there's a rumour kicking around that Hector Herrera, Porto's Mexican international midfielder started following us on Instagram earlier today, but pulled it after the Porto fans went a bit mad.

We were rumoured to have been looking at him last January.

Though in October Man Utd were linked to him.

He sounds exactly what we need. Box to box player. can shoot. and likes to put his foot in.

I'll believe it when I see it, but one can dream.

He's got a value of £13m on that Transfermarkt site, Carrol's is much lower.

Personally, I would have preferred to have spent £10m on JA, but it is what it is. Signing a tidy player on loan with the option of a permanent deal is to my mind the way forward.
Tom Carroll on 23:36 - Dec 12 with 1756 viewsjasper_T

Tom Carroll on 22:02 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

Fulton only played when Carrol was injured, in the Dec/Jan period where Ki went off to the Asia Cup.
Tom Carroll on 23:38 - Dec 12 with 1749 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tom Carroll on 23:16 - Dec 12 by Fireboy

I'd have him back

He's the natural successor to king leon

And as a few have mentioned not only did he played well in his few appearances when he was on loan with us he seems to have matured by the evidence of last season

Allen wasn't Leon's successor and neither would Carroll be. Differet types of players altogether. Although I'm beginning to think that an adequate or genuine Leon replacement is getting as rare as Hens' teeth

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tom Carroll on 06:39 - Dec 13 with 1669 viewsTheFranchise

Tom Carroll on 23:38 - Dec 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Allen wasn't Leon's successor and neither would Carroll be. Differet types of players altogether. Although I'm beginning to think that an adequate or genuine Leon replacement is getting as rare as Hens' teeth

We live in a world where we can see a whole load of players on tv or the internet. I think I've only seen another player that plays like Leon does for us and he played for Barca.

I'd be visiting their academy if I was a scout, find one of their youngsters and get him ready.
Tom Carroll on 07:42 - Dec 13 with 1623 viewsThornburyswan

Tom Carroll on 23:10 - Dec 12 by JJJack

I agree. If he sell Ki and get him for less than we sell Ki I'd be happy with that as an alternative.

Nail & head come to mind. This.
Tom Carroll on 11:07 - Dec 13 with 1528 viewsandypitt56

We are in desperate need for a player who can carry the ball other than Leon. Ki was doing that but he is massively out of form. TC would be a great addition in my opinion. He might not be as defensive minded as Leon but with Fulton proving he can do that side of things it could be a good partnership for the future. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we could ever sign a player that is a direct replacement for Leon, but perhaps if we had Fulton and Carrol both of them equals a Leon. I think its seriously showing what a special player we have had all these years!
Tom Carroll on 11:18 - Dec 13 with 1502 views34dfgdf54

Tom Carroll on 23:38 - Dec 12 by Brynmill_Jack

I honestly believe if we had signed Joey Allen, we would be alot further up the table. Would compliment us perfectly and players such as Siggy would have had more license to get the job done in the final third.

Disgraceful decision by the board born out of pure greed.
Tom Carroll on 11:24 - Dec 13 with 1484 viewsdameedna

If we want him and he wants to come I would be happy.
Loan sounds most likely.
Tom Carroll on 11:30 - Dec 13 with 1476 viewscockneyswan

One thing, hopefully he won't get homesick 😂. In all honesty I remember him as a really useful midfield player and was sorry to see him leave. I was also very impressed when watching him play for the England U 23s he was bossing the game. If he's back to his best at today's prices £10m is not excessive he has great potential.
Tom Carroll on 15:21 - Dec 13 with 1373 viewsandypitt56

Bob on TC

He (Carroll) is someone everyone knows, a good footballer and is someone who has been discussed. Every player on the table gets looked at in comparison to others, guys who bring different pluses. Tom is technically sharp, a good passer, those are qualities a team can use, we have to look at how those attributes compare with other players who crop up.

Looks like we are looking at him.
Tom Carroll on 16:05 - Dec 13 with 1317 viewsyescomeon

Tom Carroll on 23:10 - Dec 12 by JJJack

To be fair I'd be happy if we sold Ki and paid that money and maybe £1-2m more on top.

Upthecity!

Tom Carroll on 16:50 - Dec 13 with 1251 viewsBanosswan

Tom Carroll on 15:21 - Dec 13 by andypitt56

Bob on TC

He (Carroll) is someone everyone knows, a good footballer and is someone who has been discussed. Every player on the table gets looked at in comparison to others, guys who bring different pluses. Tom is technically sharp, a good passer, those are qualities a team can use, we have to look at how those attributes compare with other players who crop up.

Looks like we are looking at him.

Bob's currently looking up his forty yard dash time, 220lb bench reps and vertical jump numbers.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 17:18]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024