Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester really in the sh*t 12:31 - Jan 22 with 9822 viewsJAPRANGERS

Losing 1-0 at Southampton and only 5 points above the drop zone.

Has it ever happened before that a team wins the Premier/First Division one season and gets relegated the next?? What an achievement!

Leicester really in the sh*t on 01:27 - Jan 23 with 2856 viewsBoston

Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:45 - Jan 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Can't see Sunderland staying up this season

CP looking very poor but you never can say they will go down under Sam A but maybe he will go down for the first time

Hull were unlucky today with Arsenal having fergie time 98 min pen, I think they have a chance of staying up

Swansea, before yesterday they were going down 50/50 on them now

Middlesbrough I don't really know another 50/50

Leicester, I thought after they took Man C apart a few weeks ago that they had turned things around, did not play badly against the scum but lost, poor today but still think they are the best of thoses.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 23:52]

Like a few others on here, I thought they'd have problems this year. Can't remember my exact words but had 'em for mid table to struggling. Last season they got lucky. EVERYTHING went their way, wasn't going to happen again.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 10:48 - Jan 23 with 2644 viewsCamberleyR

Leicester really in the sh*t on 22:50 - Jan 22 by GloryHunter

Leeds under Don Revie were also revealed as having bribed their way to the title. After Revie left for the England job they dropped like a stone.

It maybe part of the reason but that great Leeds team had all got old together. By the time Revie left for England, Bremner, Hunter, Giles, Reaney, Madeley, were all over 30, Terry Cooper was finished by injury and Clarke and Lorimer pushing 30. There were few younger players in the team and nobody had really made it from the youth team for years as Revie relied on the players he knew.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 2554 viewsAntti_Heinola

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:43 - Jan 22 by Jamie

Not sure where the surprise is. It was publicly revealed that they were doping last year. The guy providing the drugs even admitted it and threw himself under the bus before the story was quickly swept under the carpet.

Can't have anything damaging the PL reputation after all can we.

Same as Mark Halsey revealing that he had been pressured from above to change decisions and lie in match reports. Made headlines for one day then quickly swept away and ignored.

It's only the French, the Spanish, the Italians and the Germans who are bent.

Not the Premier League. Squeaky clean that.

It would have to have been one hell of a doping programme to make the difference between champions and relegation. That doc was also supposed to have doped Chelsea that season. Didn't quite work out so well for them.

They one for one major reason: Kante.

Bare bones.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:32 - Jan 23 with 2499 viewsElHoop

Leicester really in the sh*t on 20:56 - Jan 22 by CamberleyR

Their season has had similarities with ours in 76/77. I can remember feeling supremely confident prior to the 76/77 season starting and then being brought crashing back to earth by our 4-0 thrashing at home to Everton in the first game of the season. We took ages to recover from that result and only really got safe quite late in the season with a good run of form, however like Leicester we had a good season in European football.

Yes i was thinking the same thing about Leicester. We had a couple of ageing centre backs, who had a great season in 1975/76 but who gradually faded afterwards. It's the same with Leicester. I think that Gerry missed a few games in 1976/77 - he was certainly carrying an injury or two. Leicester have also suffered from losing one of their better players and at the moment have a few away in Africa. I can't see them going down either, but next season they might struggle as you'd think that some have had a taste of the Champions League and wouldn't mind a bit more of it, so they'll lose a few more players.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:44 - Jan 23 with 2466 viewssimmo

They will get knocked out the Champions League and then they will be fine. This slump was pretty inevitable considering certain players performed above themselves and won't be able or motivated to repeat that again, but they've got enough once they re-focus to avoid relegation.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:54 - Jan 23 with 2449 viewsTacticalR

Is it down to a loss of dilly-ding dilly-dong?

Is it time to bring in the monks?

Leicester City's 'good karma': the Buddhist monks behind the Foxes' divine play
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/30/leicester-citys-good-karma-the-buddhi

Air hostess clique

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:12 - Jan 23 with 2420 viewsCamberleyR

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:32 - Jan 23 by ElHoop

Yes i was thinking the same thing about Leicester. We had a couple of ageing centre backs, who had a great season in 1975/76 but who gradually faded afterwards. It's the same with Leicester. I think that Gerry missed a few games in 1976/77 - he was certainly carrying an injury or two. Leicester have also suffered from losing one of their better players and at the moment have a few away in Africa. I can't see them going down either, but next season they might struggle as you'd think that some have had a taste of the Champions League and wouldn't mind a bit more of it, so they'll lose a few more players.

Yes, Gerry had picked up his back injury in June in the first WC qualifier in Finland (which as we now know finished his flourishing England career) and didn't return until mid February. He was a massive miss in the first half of the season. I doubt we'd have emulated what we did in 75/76 but we wouldn't have struggled like we did I don't think. His almost telepathic on pitch relationship with Stan was a crucial part of our play.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:19 - Jan 23 with 2391 views2Thomas2Bowles

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:32 - Jan 23 by ElHoop

Gerry missed most of the season with a back injury, was never the same player, fecked off to CP came back was poor then fecked off to Coventry.

From England Captain to nowhere really.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:33 - Jan 23 with 2360 viewsCamberleyR

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:19 - Jan 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Gerry missed most of the season with a back injury, was never the same player, fecked off to CP came back was poor then fecked off to Coventry.

From England Captain to nowhere really.

The sad thing was, it turns out it was a simple solution to fix the condition he had (a trapped sciatic nerve) after he'd been having cortisone injections and god knows what else to try and cope with it. By then though, it was too late, he was seen as not the player he was and yesterday's man.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 14:20 - Jan 23 with 2294 viewsElHoop

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:33 - Jan 23 by CamberleyR

The sad thing was, it turns out it was a simple solution to fix the condition he had (a trapped sciatic nerve) after he'd been having cortisone injections and god knows what else to try and cope with it. By then though, it was too late, he was seen as not the player he was and yesterday's man.

I don't think that he was as good after the injury - maybe playing through it did more damage, I don't know, but he seemed more injury prone as well. It wasn't just him though, England lost a lot of players through injury at around that time - good players. Bell, Beattie, Todd, McFarland, Cooper and probably more that i can't think of right now.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 2199 viewsJamie

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:18 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

It would have to have been one hell of a doping programme to make the difference between champions and relegation. That doc was also supposed to have doped Chelsea that season. Didn't quite work out so well for them.

They one for one major reason: Kante.

Per Opta, they went from the team that ran the least distance in 15-16, to the team that ran the furthest in 16-17.

Once UKADA set up base at their training ground over the summer, they've fallen away again.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:47 - Jan 23 with 2092 viewsBoston

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:33 - Jan 23 by CamberleyR

I've mentioned this elsewhere ....was working for a Dr Seo on Preston Rd, Wembley. Putting a roof on the doc's surgery when I turned around and there was Gerry Francis getting out of a car on the street. He looked in pain, the bloke with him was very careful helping, walked like a cripple up to the door, where I was waiting to greet him and despite his obvious discomfort (at meeting me!), was very gracious and polite. Seo was a Chinese Acupuncturist, had no idea who Mr Francis was but I do believe he was able to provide some relief as he appeared much more chirpy on his way out.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:49]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 17:20 - Feb 5 with 1894 views2Thomas2Bowles

All bets are off on them staying up

Being battered by Man U at home

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Leicester really in the sh*t on 17:30 - Feb 5 with 1847 viewsTGRRRSSS

Perfect storm really.

Firstly Champions sees them a focus in a way they've never had before.
Secondly many players got big rewards new cars, big wage increases p[arties Vardy and his film etc.

Kante going, a huge part of it not just in himself but also maybe how he inspired others.
Vardy off the boil, now 30 odd but alsdo had success beyiond belief he cannot or doesnt seem to be able to raise himself, he's probably had his finest hour ever and he cannot reproduce it.
Schemeichal injured for a large portion of the season, who I think was a very key person last season.

The law changes making defending tougher so the rumours go.

Steve Walsh left, backroom arguments starting to emerge with Ranieri losing the dressing room.

CRuciallly the Ulloa thing coming out the other week where some people were rewarded, ohers (such as Ulloa I presume) were not, when this happens as we know from no so long ago, this causes divisions us and them, things fester and .......... voila.

Could go down others got a bit of a run going, only Palace are worse at the moment.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 17:31 - Feb 5 with 1843 viewseasthertsr

Those three relegation places are wide open. Only an idiot would say any of those bottom six are safe or certainties! Looks like an any two of five job on the final day!
Leicester really in the sh*t on 17:51 - Feb 5 with 3283 viewsTacticalR

So does this mean dilly-ding is not going to replace tiki-taka as the new footballing philosophy?

Air hostess clique

Leicester really in the sh*t on 22:23 - Feb 5 with 3152 viewsDesertBoot

The commentators said the League Champions relegated the following season has happened just once before.
Manchester City eighty years ago.
The atmosphere today suggested Leicester fans have accepted they'll be relegated.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 22:33]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:38 - Feb 5 with 3096 viewsN12Hoop

I'd swap places with Leicester any day. Give me a Premier League title in return for a spell in the lower leagues and I'd bite your arm off.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 00:37 - Feb 6 with 3068 viewsSydneyRs

Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:38 - Feb 5 by N12Hoop

I'd swap places with Leicester any day. Give me a Premier League title in return for a spell in the lower leagues and I'd bite your arm off.

This. Outside a handful of teams, nobody else has a realistic chance of doing what Leicester did. Therefore does it really matter if you are in the prem or not?
Leicester really in the sh*t on 02:06 - Feb 6 with 3032 viewsFredManRave

Agree with this, obviously. What they did will never be repeated. It was a once in a lifetime experience. And despite what may or may not happen to them (fwiw, I don't think they'll get relegated) nobaody can take away from them their Premier League title. What a story that was!

Similarly, all Brentford fans would bite our arms off to have at least won the Championship and been promoted to the Premier League inspite of what we've been through since. Wouldn't they?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 11:07 - Feb 6 with 2913 viewshoof_hearted

yeah, but still...
Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:17 - Feb 6 with 2805 viewsBluce_Ree

Too right.

If you think about football as a competitive thing, we lost. We lost when Chelsea won the Champions League having won everything else already. Winning the league would be one big step towards redressing the balance.

Of course, the stain can never be cleaned until Chelsea fold. And the last descendant of the last Chelsea fan dies.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 2767 viewswalshy15a

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:17 - Feb 6 by Bluce_Ree

Too right.

If you think about football as a competitive thing, we lost. We lost when Chelsea won the Champions League having won everything else already. Winning the league would be one big step towards redressing the balance.

Of course, the stain can never be cleaned until Chelsea fold. And the last descendant of the last Chelsea fan dies.

I agree with a few other posters ,amongst other things since they sold Kante to the scum, Leicester have suffered and he`s one of the reasons they are top of the premiership.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 14:42 - Feb 6 with 2703 viewsAntti_Heinola

Leicester really in the sh*t on 14:06 - Feb 6 by walshy15a

I agree with a few other posters ,amongst other things since they sold Kante to the scum, Leicester have suffered and he`s one of the reasons they are top of the premiership.

Indeed, what would Arsenal be doing now if they'd signed Kante?

Bare bones.

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:12 - Feb 7 with 2533 viewsTGRRRSSS

He isn't Wenger's kind of player so he would never have signed him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024