Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Done to Dale 12:18 - May 9 with 11441 viewsburyblade

Matty Done is coming back to youse.
Done to Dale on 12:20 - May 9 with 8391 viewsrkershaw

Youse...???...Is that the river that runs through York??
Done to Dale on 12:24 - May 9 with 8375 viewsD_Alien

His Wiki page has already been edited to that effect...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Done to Dale on 12:43 - May 9 with 8250 viewsDaley_Lama

There is a fake OfficiaIIyDale (two capital i's not lower case L's) propagating this 'news' once more

Believe it when it is confirmed, take rumours with a ton of salt is my view.

buryblade Is your source any of: Sheff United Forums? Facebook? Twitter?
[Post edited 9 May 2017 12:47]

Poll: DF in or out

Done to Dale on 12:44 - May 9 with 8243 viewsBrierls

I did something like this on the bury MB when I knew we were signing Jon Shaw (at the time it was regarded as a good signing!), and not bury.

So with that in mind, I'll believe it when I see it. Done would be a great signing. A great bit of business too. If he does return, I suspect any fee will be the final installment of what is owed on his transfer to Sheffield United.
Done to Dale on 12:59 - May 9 with 8118 viewsmoth5368

That would be good news, however I'm not going to get excited until I see Dale (or Done)announce it.
Done to Dale on 13:16 - May 9 with 8025 viewsToffeemanc

For the attention of the OP

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Done to Dale on 14:37 - May 9 with 7734 viewsShun

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/matt-done-signs-for-rochdale.55213

"Was speaking to a Rochdale fan in the boozer in Rochdale. Forget the name of it. The one on the corner that was rammed upstairs. He knew his dad and said that it was already a done deal so it's been on the cards for a while."

Doesn't mean much, I know, but it's boring if we don't speculate.
Done to Dale on 15:58 - May 9 with 7495 viewsSaxonDale

Might be me being stupid here but will we face much serious competition for him? Or put bluntly- If he doesn't sign for us, who would he sign for? He had a great few months (2 years ago now) but his time at Sheff Utd could easily be seen by some as a failure. Whilst I know that there are probably 22 clubs in League 1 alone who could offer a deal better than us I wonder how many of them:
A) Would be interested in Done
B) Suit Done's location (He seems very settled up north- remember him saying that when moving to Sheff Utd.)
C) Done could trust to get the best out of him.
I know that Done will probably have been on treble the wages at Sheff Utd but I can't see any club offering anywhere near that now and he's definitely one of those that could go under the radar from other clubs. Seems strange typing this but would almost be more surprised to see NML in a Dale shirt come August than Done.
Login to get fewer ads

Done to Dale on 16:14 - May 9 with 7413 viewsClivert

Quote from BuryBlade on the bucket's forum 'he'd be a good cheap signing'.

Keith Hill said that Sheffield Utd trebled Done's wages when they signed him from us, unless he dramatically reduced his wages how would he been a cheap signing for Rochdale or bury? Surely bury couldn't afford those sort of wages could they??
Done to Dale on 16:25 - May 9 with 7362 viewsSuddenLad

Done to Dale on 16:14 - May 9 by Clivert

Keith Hill said that Sheffield Utd trebled Done's wages when they signed him from us, unless he dramatically reduced his wages how would he been a cheap signing for Rochdale or bury? Surely bury couldn't afford those sort of wages could they??

Given their track record, nothing would surprise me. Vaughan and Pope were rumoured to be collecting over £7k a week between them.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Done to Dale on 16:31 - May 9 with 7331 viewsdingdangblue

Done to Dale on 15:58 - May 9 by SaxonDale

Might be me being stupid here but will we face much serious competition for him? Or put bluntly- If he doesn't sign for us, who would he sign for? He had a great few months (2 years ago now) but his time at Sheff Utd could easily be seen by some as a failure. Whilst I know that there are probably 22 clubs in League 1 alone who could offer a deal better than us I wonder how many of them:
A) Would be interested in Done
B) Suit Done's location (He seems very settled up north- remember him saying that when moving to Sheff Utd.)
C) Done could trust to get the best out of him.
I know that Done will probably have been on treble the wages at Sheff Utd but I can't see any club offering anywhere near that now and he's definitely one of those that could go under the radar from other clubs. Seems strange typing this but would almost be more surprised to see NML in a Dale shirt come August than Done.

He's played 35 games (starts and sub appearances) for them this season and they've been promoted to the Championship. Yes it's not Billy Sharp we are talking about but he's played his part - I wouldn't describe him as a failure.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:19 - May 9 with 7151 viewsSaxonDale

Done to Dale on 16:31 - May 9 by dingdangblue

He's played 35 games (starts and sub appearances) for them this season and they've been promoted to the Championship. Yes it's not Billy Sharp we are talking about but he's played his part - I wouldn't describe him as a failure.

Done to Dale on 17:23 - May 9 with 7125 viewsmacro

Done to Dale on 16:14 - May 9 by Clivert

He’s a year of his deal remaining at Sheff Utd and transfer listed

Only options would be - Dale have him on a years loan and a deal is done with a percentage of wages.

Done negotiates pay off with Blades and then isn’t greedy (or his agent isn’t greedy)

This is a signing I’ll believe when I see it.
Done to Dale on 17:27 - May 9 with 7104 viewsMasher

Done to Dale on 16:31 - May 9 by dingdangblue

Most of the Blades fans i know seem to like him and his work ethic and wish him all the best if the transfer rumour turns out to be true

Up The Dale!!

Done to Dale on 17:33 - May 9 with 7070 viewsTipperaryDale

Heard a rumour to this effect around the time of the Oldham away game. Doesn't surprise me at all, and it won't surprise me when we sell him again sometime in the near future. He's like a boomerang.
Done to Dale on 17:41 - May 9 with 7022 viewsColDale

I miss the days of http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/
Done to Dale on 17:44 - May 9 with 7003 viewsShun

I miss the days of a player filling up his car at Sudden Tesco petrol station being the only trusted source that he was signing for us.
Done to Dale on 17:50 - May 9 with 6969 viewsSuddenLad

Done to Dale on 17:44 - May 9 by Shun

I miss the days of a player filling up his car at Sudden Tesco petrol station being the only trusted source that he was signing for us.

I think Roberto Di Matteo was the last petrol addict to be seen at Tesco....... perhaps we should keep an eye at Morrisons or Asda instead.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Done to Dale on 18:40 - May 9 with 6790 views49thseason

I wonder if they still owe us some money for him. if so it would be a sensible move on their part to have the debt, or part of it, written off in lieu of a transfer fee.
Done to Dale on 18:50 - May 9 with 6741 viewsdingdangblue

Done to Dale on 18:40 - May 9 by 49thseason

I wonder if they still owe us some money for him. if so it would be a sensible move on their part to have the debt, or part of it, written off in lieu of a transfer fee.

Promotion bonus too! Nah you're ok - we'll call it quits and just have him back

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Done to Dale on 22:29 - May 9 with 6123 viewsoddjob007

Done to Dale on 13:28 - May 10 with 5608 viewsChaffRAFC

Done to Dale on 22:29 - May 9 by oddjob007

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Done to Dale on 13:53 - May 10 with 5530 viewsShun

One thing I will be excited about if this comes true is that in his last spell here he and Henderson formed one of the best partnerships I've ever seen at Dale.
Done to Dale on 16:40 - May 10 with 5246 viewsAtThePeake

Done to Dale on 13:53 - May 10 by Shun

One thing I will be excited about if this comes true is that in his last spell here he and Henderson formed one of the best partnerships I've ever seen at Dale.

Wasn't there an interview with Hendo where he said something along the line of "we're best mates off the pitch but I hate him on it"?

Hendo used to get so frustrated with Done's runs to the point where it was almost funny seeing Hendo stare him out, but the fact is he was only frustrated because he knew that when things were clicking the pair of them were very difficult to handle.

Would love to see Matty Done back in a Dale shirt, a front three of Done, Hendo and Davies would be very dangerous.

Tangled up in blue.

Done to Dale on 17:38 - May 10 with 5069 viewsColDale

Any money owed to us might not work to our advantage. When clubs transfer list players these days, its usually to get them off the wage bill because they're no longer part of their plans, and a transfer fee isn't always needed. Given we are owed cash by them, they'll be keen to use that as part of a deal to take him back to Spotland, whilst they might not be seeking a fee off any other club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024