Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) 11:10 - May 10 with 11974 viewsessextaxiboy

CPS says No

Another theory for the election shot dead .......

Only file still open is the one where Farage lost ...............

[Post edited 10 May 2017 11:13]
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:13 - May 10 with 1938 viewsQPR_Jim

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 12:09 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/25/labour-fined-20000-for-undeclar

[Post edited 10 May 2017 12:11]

To be fair I think the spending on Ed's stone should have been declared by the Tories as it certainly helped them more than Labour.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:28 - May 10 with 1911 viewsHunterhoop

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:02 - May 10 by FDC

You've got to give it to ETB, when he backs someone he really backs someone.

Indeed. It's quite endearing in some way. I know that will sound patronising, but it's not intended to be.

I genuinely do think Essex comes across as a decent, reasonable and likeable bloke. I certainly don't think he's thoughtless or uncaring. But, you're right, when he backs someone he REALLY backs them. If I remember correctly, he was the last man standing defending 'Arry. I fear a repeat when it comes to the Conservatives in 2-3 years time.

If anything I just think it's a little naïvity. He comes across like he wants to believe the best in people at the helm ('Arry/May), and refute any suggestions that their morals, motivations and principles are anything but sound, like his, because his are sound, and he has reached a similar conclusion/view/opinion. Again, not patronising, just how it comes across.

It's genuinely a good life outlook to have, certainly better than perpetual cynicism, but I just think it's hugely misguided with May and this Conservative govt, as I did with 'Arry.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:33 - May 10 with 1891 viewsTrance_Trousers

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 12:58 - May 10 by Brightonhoop

None of your business.

Just as i thought.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:36 - May 10 with 1883 viewsTacticalR

On a side note should this be illegal? The fundamental law of our society is that any commodity should be sold to the highest bidder, so why should politics be any different? Surely we should have the best politicians that money can buy?

Air hostess clique

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:36 - May 10 with 1885 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:02 - May 10 by FDC

You've got to give it to ETB, when he backs someone he really backs someone.

Well I gave it a rest on the politics for a couple of weeks while we flirted with the drop although it did tickle me when you (whose posts I respect and always read properly btw) posted a link to The Mail front page and a few replied so it kept getting repeated .

If I had done that I would have been ripped up for a*rse paper .
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:47 - May 10 with 1869 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:28 - May 10 by Hunterhoop

Indeed. It's quite endearing in some way. I know that will sound patronising, but it's not intended to be.

I genuinely do think Essex comes across as a decent, reasonable and likeable bloke. I certainly don't think he's thoughtless or uncaring. But, you're right, when he backs someone he REALLY backs them. If I remember correctly, he was the last man standing defending 'Arry. I fear a repeat when it comes to the Conservatives in 2-3 years time.

If anything I just think it's a little naïvity. He comes across like he wants to believe the best in people at the helm ('Arry/May), and refute any suggestions that their morals, motivations and principles are anything but sound, like his, because his are sound, and he has reached a similar conclusion/view/opinion. Again, not patronising, just how it comes across.

It's genuinely a good life outlook to have, certainly better than perpetual cynicism, but I just think it's hugely misguided with May and this Conservative govt, as I did with 'Arry.

Thanks , I can live with all of that . At least its clear I am not a rascist bigot

I truly dont think a big majority is the worst thing . She was hamstrung by the old manifesto and the small majority

She can raise taxes or NI to spend more as she tried to do in the budget .

She can tell the hard Brexiteers in her own party to do one so she can reach a compromise with the EU.

She is even getting through to Wales and Scotland .

I am with her .. as per

cheers
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:47 - May 10 with 1869 viewsJigsore

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:36 - May 10 by TacticalR

On a side note should this be illegal? The fundamental law of our society is that any commodity should be sold to the highest bidder, so why should politics be any different? Surely we should have the best politicians that money can buy?

no we have the politcians that best money can buy.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 14:22 - May 10 with 1810 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:47 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

Thanks , I can live with all of that . At least its clear I am not a rascist bigot

I truly dont think a big majority is the worst thing . She was hamstrung by the old manifesto and the small majority

She can tell the hard Brexiteers in her own party to do one so she can reach a compromise with the EU.

I am with her .. as per

cheers

I like you too but your politics are shite.. just saying
[Post edited 10 May 2017 14:52]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 14:34 - May 10 with 1777 viewsHunterhoop

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 13:47 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

I am with her .. as per

cheers

And that is absolutely the best possible outcome of a big Tory victory.

I just think it's a rose tinted outlook. If it comes to pass, I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say "fair enough. That could have been a lot worse. Fair play to May". I just don't think it will, not unless Philip Hammond has a huge say in what happens.

Firstly, as Home Secretary May decimated the Police Force and Border Agency. She can talk about "JAMs" all she wants, she is not a believer in a big state sector, or much investment in the state sector at all! At best she is a countryside parish styled One Nation Tory. But even One Nation Tories, still see the world through a "behave, work hard, and you'll be fine" lens, where, if you are struggling "it's probably your fault/it's for the greater good".

Secondly, I know someone who's worked pretty closely with her. She is simply not this caring, "mother" type. She holds zero regards for civil liberties. "The People" are not important to her. Law, order, control are. Civil Liberties are even a consideration for her let alone a priority. She is the archetypal "if you've nothing to hide, you shouldn't be scared of the govt knowing everything about you and your life". In terms or power and control she is into "big govt" with all power and control resting with the government.

Thirdly, as Home Secretary she wanted to read every report, make every decision, micro manager everything. Couple this disregard for civil liberties with her strong "micro manager" streak, and you have an issue. It doesn't take much to work out what that issue could be.

If you have someone who wants a strong, authoritarian govt, and then the same person also wanting to control every decision and action taken in govt....you're walking towards a dictator/tyrant. An elected one, yes. A polite, calm, considered one. One who's the daughter of a vicar, and a lovely wife, and whatever else the media want to tell us, but nevertheless, you have someone who could be willing to ride roughshod over Parliament and our democratic institutions and our legislative checks and balances. And she has the mainstream media's backing, many of which are owned by fully fledged right wingers, who admit their allegiance.

So, all of that worries me, and makes me think your rose tinted outlook won't happen.

In addition, her disinclination to engage with the electorate, media or parliament since she took the job, and during this election, is further evidence, in my opinion, that she firmly believes what she thinks is best/right, and it'll all be a lot easier for her to do as SHE pleases, once she gets a bigger majority. She's not acting in the country's best interests - that involves have a transparent democracy, civil liberties, human rights, an effective parliamentary opposition, an independent media, CPS, etc - She's acting purely in her own best interest. This snap election is entirely designed to strengthen her hand, personally....not the country's. If you believe it's the latter, you're being extremely naïve, in my opinion.

All things considered, I don't trust her at all. I don't think she's acting in the country's best interest, and I don't think she'll act in your or my best interests in the years to come.

We shall see....

With Labour's incompetence and appalling leadership, populated with those who have held questionable political positions and said pretty despicable things and/or are complete morons, coupled with the fact the majority of the UK won't vote Lib Dem, in spite of being social liberals and passionate believers in Democracy, I can't see anything but a landslide Tory win.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 14:34 - May 10 with 1773 viewsjohncharles

This fraud case is very like the John Terry racial abuse saga. There isn't the evidence to convict in a court of law but the rules were clearly broken. The FA stepped in because Terry had broken THEIR rules. The Electoral Commission should now step in and order a re-run at the the seats involved.

Strong and stable my arse.

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:17 - May 10 with 1742 viewsToast_R

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 14:34 - May 10 by johncharles

This fraud case is very like the John Terry racial abuse saga. There isn't the evidence to convict in a court of law but the rules were clearly broken. The FA stepped in because Terry had broken THEIR rules. The Electoral Commission should now step in and order a re-run at the the seats involved.

I don't thin they should re-run it at all, the candidate who finished second should surely win the seat by default?

I'd go one step further then that too and ban the Tories from entering candidates for those constituencies for the next 2 general elections. See how they like those apples.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:38 - May 10 with 1726 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:17 - May 10 by Toast_R

I don't thin they should re-run it at all, the candidate who finished second should surely win the seat by default?

I'd go one step further then that too and ban the Tories from entering candidates for those constituencies for the next 2 general elections. See how they like those apples.

Wouldnt they just stand as Independents and vote with them if elected ?
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:56 - May 10 with 1706 viewsToast_R

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:38 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

Wouldnt they just stand as Independents and vote with them if elected ?

I'd find it highly unlikely that they'd get elected as independents and if they did, it's still seats deducted from the Tory majority.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:59 - May 10 with 1699 viewsQPR_John

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:17 - May 10 by Toast_R

Are you suggesting people wanting to vote Conservative in those constituencies are disenfranchised.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 16:40 - May 10 with 1667 viewsToast_R

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:59 - May 10 by QPR_John

Are you suggesting people wanting to vote Conservative in those constituencies are disenfranchised.

No because they still have the right to vote albeit just not for a conservative candidate and the reason for that it because the party they voted for broke the rules and cheated. There has to be an incentive to run a fair campaign which is the foundation of a democratic society.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 16:48 - May 10 with 1655 viewsDorse

'National Outcry As Shock Report Finds Politicians Are Cunce'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 16:55 - May 10 with 1644 viewsFDC

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 16:48 - May 10 by Dorse

'National Outcry As Shock Report Finds Politicians Are Cunce'.

I see George Osborne and the sub-Standard have gone with:

CLEARED: TORIES IN ELECTION PROBE

Not really what happened, is it.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 18:51 - May 10 with 1584 viewsQPR_John

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 16:40 - May 10 by Toast_R

No because they still have the right to vote albeit just not for a conservative candidate and the reason for that it because the party they voted for broke the rules and cheated. There has to be an incentive to run a fair campaign which is the foundation of a democratic society.

But not the right to vote for the party they want. Surely banning a party from fielding a candidate is a precedent nobody wants. In reality you are punishing voters because of the crimes of the party they voted for
[Post edited 10 May 2017 18:57]
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 18:58 - May 10 with 1573 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 18:51 - May 10 by QPR_John

But not the right to vote for the party they want. Surely banning a party from fielding a candidate is a precedent nobody wants. In reality you are punishing voters because of the crimes of the party they voted for
[Post edited 10 May 2017 18:57]

Lots of people won't be able to vote for the party they want for all sorts of reasons.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 19:01 - May 10 with 1572 viewsQPR_John

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 18:58 - May 10 by Watford_Ranger

Lots of people won't be able to vote for the party they want for all sorts of reasons.

Point well made but in this instance we are talking about the state banning a party from fielding a candidate. As I said it could set a dangerous precedent
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 19:11 - May 10 with 1567 viewsWatford_Ranger

I reluctantly accept it would be unfair this time, much as I dislike this Tory mob. If rules are set out and the punishment is clear for breaking them, I don't think anyone can have any complaints in future.

I can't help but feel if this was Labour, much more would be made of it in the press. Perhaps just my cynicism.
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 19:37 - May 10 with 1554 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 19:11 - May 10 by Watford_Ranger

I reluctantly accept it would be unfair this time, much as I dislike this Tory mob. If rules are set out and the punishment is clear for breaking them, I don't think anyone can have any complaints in future.

I can't help but feel if this was Labour, much more would be made of it in the press. Perhaps just my cynicism.

The BBC would have a field day. half hour bulletins, panorama the lot

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 20:05 - May 10 with 1532 viewsMrSheen

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 19:37 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The BBC would have a field day. half hour bulletins, panorama the lot

This was only a few months ago, no half-hour bulletins, panorama, etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/25/labour-fined-20000-for-undeclar
Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 20:16 - May 10 with 1518 viewsjohncharles

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 15:59 - May 10 by QPR_John

Are you saying that nothing should come of this ? The rules were broken, money changed hands. What do you think should be done ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 20:22 - May 10 with 1514 viewsQPR_John

Tory Electoral fraud (n/t) on 20:16 - May 10 by johncharles

Are you saying that nothing should come of this ? The rules were broken, money changed hands. What do you think should be done ?

If you had read the other posts you will see I did not mention any particular party apart from the first post. It was the principle I was commenting on and in no way did I say there should be no punishment for the guilty party but I queried punishing the voters.

What do you think should happen as seemingly no crime has been committed. By all means tightened the rules for the future but accept people who have looked at this more closely than you or I have decided against taking action. Unless you are saying there has been a conspiracy.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 21:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024