Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magic Money Tree Discovered! 15:30 - Jun 26 with 14902 viewseasthertsr

Theresa was wrong during Election Campaign! One billion quid winging it's way to Northern Ireland. See, that tree does exist, you just have to look hard to find it!
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 20:55 - Jun 26 with 1939 viewsessextaxiboy

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:36 - Jun 26 by FDC

I'm not sure where Nick is getting these figures from, but he's pretty trustworthy...

Lets have a chart with the cost of nationalising all the utilities including ongoing pension and maintenance liabilities .

What does "expand pensions" mean and how is it costed here?
Dianne Abbot figures IMO
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 20:56 - Jun 26 with 1938 viewsDannytheR

Let's not make out that allowing ordinary kids to get a university education without incurring huge debt (the system under which most of us grew up) is the same as buying off a tiny group of religious/sectarian MPs so you can personally stay in power.

One billion pounds.

How many of us know people who have had operations cancelled, or have kids sharing text books when a couple of years ago they weren't, and yet evidently we have one billion pounds to spare.

For this.

Ugh. This is all going to come crashing down very, very hard.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 20:56]
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:01 - Jun 26 with 1922 viewsDWQPR

To put some fairness in place here just scroll down a bit on this link to Nigel Dodds, DUP MP speaking in the House today and revealing a few things:

https://order-order.com/

And of course, Corbyn and the Mass-murderer acuser if they managed to cobble together a coalition would not be finding a few extra quid for the Welsh and Scottish nationalists?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:05 - Jun 26 with 1913 viewsessextaxiboy

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 20:56 - Jun 26 by DannytheR

Let's not make out that allowing ordinary kids to get a university education without incurring huge debt (the system under which most of us grew up) is the same as buying off a tiny group of religious/sectarian MPs so you can personally stay in power.

One billion pounds.

How many of us know people who have had operations cancelled, or have kids sharing text books when a couple of years ago they weren't, and yet evidently we have one billion pounds to spare.

For this.

Ugh. This is all going to come crashing down very, very hard.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 20:56]

Buts thats just it , with no student loans Unviversitys will contract with less places available , so the kids that get in will mostly come from familys who can afford private education and extra tuition and can pay towards living costs .It works in reverse ...
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:09 - Jun 26 with 1904 viewsdaveB

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:52 - Jun 26 by BlackCrowe

Not just May.

Jezza did it by offering a £45k bribe to every uni student, existing and forthcoming, and their parents to vote for him. fck knows how the country was going to pay for it.

£45k to walk a few yards and stick a 'X' in a box. I'd do it.

They were going to pay for it with the billion pound found behind the sofa this morning
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:14 - Jun 26 with 1890 viewsessextaxiboy

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:09 - Jun 26 by daveB

They were going to pay for it with the billion pound found behind the sofa this morning

They would have spunked that by now ,its been 2 weeks .They would have just borrowed it .
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:24 - Jun 26 with 1874 viewsWatfordR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:14 - Jun 26 by essextaxiboy

They would have spunked that by now ,its been 2 weeks .They would have just borrowed it .

There goes another credit card....
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:30 - Jun 26 with 1860 viewsDWQPR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:14 - Jun 26 by essextaxiboy

Scrapping tuition fees to reverse a phrase is for the few not the many. By scrapping fees it means that those who are not talented, or interested in going to university will therefore be subsiding those who are able. And it is those who will end up with the much higher earnings potential. Essex is correct in saying that there will be a reduction in university places as the government would only be able to afford a finite amount and these places will be filled with more foreign students not our own. Before tuition fees were introduced the number of students going to university was around 30%, now it is 45%. Tuition fees hasn't stopped people going to university but it will prevent future generations if they are scrapped. And the majority who will make it will be from the better reaches of society.

Saying all this though, after thinking about this issue since the election, I would now scrap tuition fees. But I would replace them with a graduate tax. This means students will leave university debt free, and the word debt is the emotive word here. Especially if you throw £45k in front of it. Switch it to a tax, and offer the same to those who have already graduated with student loans to repay. And from say £20k p.a. They pay an additional 2 to 3% of income tax. So if they are earning £30k per year their additional tax charge is £600 p.a., if they are fortunate to earn £200k p.a. then the tax is £4K p.a. And make this tax payable for say 25 years. So there is no debt, other than a debt to society for your additional learning, and the numbers of students wanting to go to university should not be affected, (although personally I think that too many have been duped into going instead of maybe entering into an apprenticeship).
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 21:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:45 - Jun 26 with 1837 viewseasthertsr

Sorry reading through this thread I have no idea what Labours policy on Tution Fees has to do with the topic in hand. That was part of it's manifesto that was put to the public to support or not. Before polling day there was a clear message from Mrs. May that coalitions/deals would lead unequivocally to 'chaos'. Also we were told constantly that money doesn't grow on trees and that there wasn't any even to give to special cases, like Nurses for example. A few weeks later one billion plus is found to prop up a coalition agreement with the DUP. I can't really see how anyone can defend that as anything other than gross hypocrisy.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:55 - Jun 26 with 1812 viewsDWQPR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:45 - Jun 26 by easthertsr

Sorry reading through this thread I have no idea what Labours policy on Tution Fees has to do with the topic in hand. That was part of it's manifesto that was put to the public to support or not. Before polling day there was a clear message from Mrs. May that coalitions/deals would lead unequivocally to 'chaos'. Also we were told constantly that money doesn't grow on trees and that there wasn't any even to give to special cases, like Nurses for example. A few weeks later one billion plus is found to prop up a coalition agreement with the DUP. I can't really see how anyone can defend that as anything other than gross hypocrisy.

Because all politicians from all persuasions are hypocrites?

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:59 - Jun 26 with 1808 viewsessextaxiboy

I disagree , 2T2B said "so its ok to buy votes now" referring to parliamentary seats no doubt ,but anyone who doubts that the tuition fee bribe was anything less than "buying votes" should look at the sharp rise in young turnout in University towns . Some are now boasting that they managed to vote twice ....
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 1805 viewsLblock

Well I think he could be a good signing, slightly over priced, but old fashioned values and hopefully will add a bit of grit, bite and determination in a take no prisoners way in the middle.
We've been missing that for years and I've no idea if he could be the "leader" we've been missing and banging on about for simply ages.

Ah, football, so glad it's back and we're re-shaping the squad
(Albeit on freebies)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 22:04 - Jun 26 with 1805 viewsdaveB

exactly, May has to be one of the worst prime ministers we've ever had. Years of closing hospitals, cuts to the police, fire services nhs and benefits then she finds at least a billion to pay for the extra votes in parliament that she had for nothing before she called the fecking election.

After all the cuts and brexit how anyone can still vote and support them is beyond me. We have 9 of the poorest regions in europe in the uk and they all voted tory, turkeys voting for christmas
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 22:39 - Jun 26 with 1769 viewsHarbour

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 22:04 - Jun 26 by daveB

exactly, May has to be one of the worst prime ministers we've ever had. Years of closing hospitals, cuts to the police, fire services nhs and benefits then she finds at least a billion to pay for the extra votes in parliament that she had for nothing before she called the fecking election.

After all the cuts and brexit how anyone can still vote and support them is beyond me. We have 9 of the poorest regions in europe in the uk and they all voted tory, turkeys voting for christmas

I agree people believe what they read in the daily fail and the sun. .may is a dead duck pm only time before she and the tories are found out and kicked out
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 23:46 - Jun 26 with 1720 viewsWatfordR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 22:39 - Jun 26 by Harbour

I agree people believe what they read in the daily fail and the sun. .may is a dead duck pm only time before she and the tories are found out and kicked out

It's a lame duck PM, a lame duck government, a lame duck opposition, every single one of them incapable of taking the decisions needed to run the country and its economy properly.

Every one of them thinking they can keep spending money they don't have, and leave it to someone to deal with the catastrophic financial mess once they've retired, when they can throw their hands up and say "nothing to do with me guv".

And we're all encouraging this nonsense by suggesting that one party or other, one leader or other, will make a difference. Not a hope.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 00:29 - Jun 27 with 1696 viewsBrightonhoop

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:30 - Jun 26 by DWQPR

Scrapping tuition fees to reverse a phrase is for the few not the many. By scrapping fees it means that those who are not talented, or interested in going to university will therefore be subsiding those who are able. And it is those who will end up with the much higher earnings potential. Essex is correct in saying that there will be a reduction in university places as the government would only be able to afford a finite amount and these places will be filled with more foreign students not our own. Before tuition fees were introduced the number of students going to university was around 30%, now it is 45%. Tuition fees hasn't stopped people going to university but it will prevent future generations if they are scrapped. And the majority who will make it will be from the better reaches of society.

Saying all this though, after thinking about this issue since the election, I would now scrap tuition fees. But I would replace them with a graduate tax. This means students will leave university debt free, and the word debt is the emotive word here. Especially if you throw £45k in front of it. Switch it to a tax, and offer the same to those who have already graduated with student loans to repay. And from say £20k p.a. They pay an additional 2 to 3% of income tax. So if they are earning £30k per year their additional tax charge is £600 p.a., if they are fortunate to earn £200k p.a. then the tax is £4K p.a. And make this tax payable for say 25 years. So there is no debt, other than a debt to society for your additional learning, and the numbers of students wanting to go to university should not be affected, (although personally I think that too many have been duped into going instead of maybe entering into an apprenticeship).
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 21:32]

You forget UK degrees are shyte and worthless in the wider world and all our talent leaves consequently.

A £30,000 debt for a worthless bit of paper the rest of the world sneers at. i'm doing DeMontrfort coats and tails at £10,000 50% off two.

Pound is on parity to the dreaded Euro. So Brexit is going really well. National currency sunk by 30% in 12 months so far and will on this trajectory be sucking c0ck by xmas. Utter idiotic self inflicted disaster. Say hello to 1970's inflation. Mortgage payments and rents going very north in 2018.

Well done.

From liveable to disaster in 12 months.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 01:54 - Jun 27 with 1676 viewsHitch

'power corrupts' hanging on to it only intensifies said trait.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 06:06 - Jun 27 with 1637 viewsDWQPR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 00:29 - Jun 27 by Brightonhoop

You forget UK degrees are shyte and worthless in the wider world and all our talent leaves consequently.

A £30,000 debt for a worthless bit of paper the rest of the world sneers at. i'm doing DeMontrfort coats and tails at £10,000 50% off two.

Pound is on parity to the dreaded Euro. So Brexit is going really well. National currency sunk by 30% in 12 months so far and will on this trajectory be sucking c0ck by xmas. Utter idiotic self inflicted disaster. Say hello to 1970's inflation. Mortgage payments and rents going very north in 2018.

Well done.

Where the fùck do you exchange your currency Jim? Sterling 30% off since Brexit, on parity with the €? Last time I looked, yesterday evening then parity equals €1.14 to £1.

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 06:14 - Jun 27 with 1635 viewsdistortR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 06:06 - Jun 27 by DWQPR

Where the fùck do you exchange your currency Jim? Sterling 30% off since Brexit, on parity with the €? Last time I looked, yesterday evening then parity equals €1.14 to £1.

ssshhhh, I've got a nice little earner going on here!
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 07:05 - Jun 27 with 1622 viewseasthertsr

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 21:59 - Jun 26 by essextaxiboy

I disagree , 2T2B said "so its ok to buy votes now" referring to parliamentary seats no doubt ,but anyone who doubts that the tuition fee bribe was anything less than "buying votes" should look at the sharp rise in young turnout in University towns . Some are now boasting that they managed to vote twice ....

Sorry, I'm being very patient here but manifesto proposals are not bribes! When the Tory Party says vote for us and pay less tax, is that a 'bribe'?. When it proposes low corporation tax levels and receives huge donations from the multi-nationals, is that a 'bribe'? No they are measures put forward to attract voters to support policies that reflect the views of that party. The post-war Labour party has had a long commitment to supporting the state education system, only lessened by the Blair administration that introduced tution fees. What May has done is a cynical, squalid manoeuvre to cling to power. There was no mention of increasing funding for Northern Ireland in her manifesto, it has only happened to save her own neck. Desperate and pathetic, she hangs on, a hugely diminished figure, while the whole country suffers.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 07:12 - Jun 27 with 1618 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 06:06 - Jun 27 by DWQPR

Perhaps he needs to do one of our "worthless" degrees in order to find his way to a better exchange rate !
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 07:19 - Jun 27 with 1610 viewsessextaxiboy

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 07:05 - Jun 27 by easthertsr

Sorry, I'm being very patient here but manifesto proposals are not bribes! When the Tory Party says vote for us and pay less tax, is that a 'bribe'?. When it proposes low corporation tax levels and receives huge donations from the multi-nationals, is that a 'bribe'? No they are measures put forward to attract voters to support policies that reflect the views of that party. The post-war Labour party has had a long commitment to supporting the state education system, only lessened by the Blair administration that introduced tution fees. What May has done is a cynical, squalid manoeuvre to cling to power. There was no mention of increasing funding for Northern Ireland in her manifesto, it has only happened to save her own neck. Desperate and pathetic, she hangs on, a hugely diminished figure, while the whole country suffers.

They are bribes , all of it from all parties . "We can make your life better if you vote for us " and most people (not all) will go for what is best for them and their families .
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 07:27 - Jun 27 with 1607 viewsessextaxiboy

Well done.

If Uk degrees are shyte why do thousands of overseas students arrive here every year to study for one ?
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 08:06 - Jun 27 with 1569 views2Thomas2Bowles

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 07:19 - Jun 27 by essextaxiboy

They are bribes , all of it from all parties . "We can make your life better if you vote for us " and most people (not all) will go for what is best for them and their families .

It's a bit strange that only a week or so ago you were saying the Tories were "no longer your party" after they started to deal with the DUP and here you are defending them.

I thought you were made of sterner stuff and morals hmmm
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 8:08]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 08:08 - Jun 27 with 1560 viewsizlingtonhoop

Well done.

"You forget UK degrees are shyte and worthless in the wider world and all our talent leaves consequently."

Can you not see the inherent contradiction in that statement?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024