Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Closing stands for certain games 14:02 - Oct 24 with 12926 viewsRAFCBLUE

In choosing to close just the Pearl Street, for the home game against Bromley I think we have missed a trick.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/october/fa-cup-bromley_confirmed/

I don't understand why in expecting a crowd of 2,000 and only closing that stand makes sense.

Surely the logical answer was to close both the Pearl Street and the Sandy Lane stand and get all Dale fans either in the Main Stand or the Willbutts?

Since when does it apply that opening 3 stands that will be not full be more cost effective than opening 2 stands that will not be full?

We're told the Willbutts gives the best view in the ground, so why not give opportunity to watch.

The seating pattern of the Pearl Street cand be replicated and spare seats sold as needed. Bromley will only bring say 500 maximum - easily contained in one block of the Willbutts Lane/Pearl Street corner with the turnstiles there.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Closing stands for certain games on 12:23 - Nov 4 with 1635 viewsaleanddale

Closing stands for certain games on 11:01 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

They will have already sold tickets to Bromley fans before announcing Dale fans could go in there. I imagine they are in the corner where away fans usually go.

How many Dale fans are you expecting in Willbutts?

No idea really, couple of hundred maybe.

That makes sense if fans are either side of the half way line... Not like there will be any bother.
Closing stands for certain games on 13:03 - Nov 4 with 1582 viewsTVOS1907

Closing stands for certain games on 12:23 - Nov 4 by aleanddale

No idea really, couple of hundred maybe.

That makes sense if fans are either side of the half way line... Not like there will be any bother.

That's true.

I imagine it will be a bit breezy in there today too, so best get out the hat and scarf and wrap up warm.

#typicalfacupconditions

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Closing stands for certain games on 14:24 - Nov 4 with 1522 viewsBobbyjoe

Closing stands for certain games on 11:01 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

They will have already sold tickets to Bromley fans before announcing Dale fans could go in there. I imagine they are in the corner where away fans usually go.

How many Dale fans are you expecting in Willbutts?

5 of us!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closing stands for certain games on 14:58 - Nov 4 with 1494 views442Dale

The popularity of the Willbutts today illustrates exactly why the club need to review the main stand's "all ticket and buy one at the office" policy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Closing stands for certain games on 15:04 - Nov 4 with 1482 viewsDaleiLama

Closing stands for certain games on 14:58 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

The popularity of the Willbutts today illustrates exactly why the club need to review the main stand's "all ticket and buy one at the office" policy.

Imho, everything about buying a ticket needs to be reviewed. If the club owned the on-line ticket purchasing process and took away the charging system, I'd suggest that most of the ticketing problems would go away?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Closing stands for certain games on 15:32 - Nov 4 with 1449 viewsKenBoon

Closing stands for certain games on 15:04 - Nov 4 by DaleiLama

Imho, everything about buying a ticket needs to be reviewed. If the club owned the on-line ticket purchasing process and took away the charging system, I'd suggest that most of the ticketing problems would go away?

I don't think any club owns their own online ticketing system as most are provided by third-party companies. Whilst they may be charged a processing fee, it will also save costs in the office, in the same way taking card payments pays directly into the bank, so doesn't incur the cost involved in preparing and putting the cash manually into the bank.

Off the pitch we're very old-fashioned. Perhaps cash on the turnstiles works for our regulars but maybe moving into the current millennium with other ways getting into the ground might attract more fans.
Closing stands for certain games on 15:56 - Nov 4 with 1405 viewsBobbyjoe

Just having to buy a ticket at all is a real pain, period!
Closing stands for certain games on 20:13 - Nov 4 with 1296 viewsrochdaleriddler

Closing stands for certain games on 14:58 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Not really, I am a season ticket holder in
Main stand, I picked the wilbutts today for a change of scenery

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024