Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley 14:06 - Nov 4 with 9172 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 19:59 - Nov 4 with 3081 viewsrochdaleriddler

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 17:59 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Listening to Hill talking on the radio about how pleased he was with the full-backs today and that's how he wants them to play, something that's hasn't been present so far this season, it'd be no surprise to see Ntlhe keep his place.

We could have witnessed the biggest win in our lifetimes today.

Really

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 20:11 - Nov 4 with 3021 viewsBigKindo

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 19:51 - Nov 4 by BigKindo

Was I there?

Or was it Francis?
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 20:53 - Nov 4 with 2910 viewsanimal8

Come on Dale 23 years we won where are you .
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 20:58 - Nov 4 with 2885 viewsBromRaven

Congrats to Rochdale on a convincing win. . Bromley went at their best and the gulf between the clubs showed. Penalty was a soft decision but can see why it was given. And the ref card ? . Definitely the right decision. So it's back to the National League.

But it was s great day for Bromley and their supporters, especially as they are in the highest league they have played in , and Rochdale are the highest league standing ciub played.

It was great to see Mcnulty come over and applaud the Brom supporters.

Good luck in the next round.
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 21:05 - Nov 4 with 2858 viewsnordenblue

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 20:58 - Nov 4 by BromRaven

Congrats to Rochdale on a convincing win. . Bromley went at their best and the gulf between the clubs showed. Penalty was a soft decision but can see why it was given. And the ref card ? . Definitely the right decision. So it's back to the National League.

But it was s great day for Bromley and their supporters, especially as they are in the highest league they have played in , and Rochdale are the highest league standing ciub played.

Not a bad assessment that,just think we were very professional throughout and hassled well, the big difference from where I was sat was the time on the ball we had,compared to you who seemed rushed every time you got the ball in decent areas.
Good luck for the rest of the season
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 21:06]
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 23:29 - Nov 4 with 2595 viewsD_Dale

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 20:58 - Nov 4 by BromRaven

I'd agree about the penalty being a soft one (and I seem to recall something similar earlier this season from the same player) - but I doubt it changed the result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/video

From the point of view of Bromley supporters, it wasn't a good draw, but all credit to the fans who supported their team.
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 00:28 - Nov 5 with 2504 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 19:51 - Nov 4 by BigKindo

Was I there?

I would imagine so.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 08:41 - Nov 5 with 2296 viewsfitzochris

It’s difficult to assess yesterday based on anything other than the game itself, as the opposition was very poor.

Being in the Main Stand, I particularly enjoyed the view of both Kosi’s game in the first half and Rafferty’s in the second. It was jaw dropping how much space they were afforded. Every time we took possession in our own half there was a pass on. It’s only because of absolute gash finishing that we weren’t 4-0 up after 10 minutes.

I honestly expected more from Bromley, but they just didn’t provide a test. The only wobbles for us were of our own making again - a few corners and crosses into the box that weren’t dealt with properly in the first half would have been tucked away by a better side.

It would be ace if our full backs could impact a game like they did yesterday every week, but I think we all know our bread-and-butter opposition wouldn’t allow that kind of freedom.

Still, you can only beat what’s in front of you, as the old adage goes, and we did that. Lillis’ save was class and maintained a clean sheet, so it’s all positive really.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 09:33 - Nov 5 with 2185 viewsColDale

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 08:41 - Nov 5 by fitzochris

It’s difficult to assess yesterday based on anything other than the game itself, as the opposition was very poor.

Being in the Main Stand, I particularly enjoyed the view of both Kosi’s game in the first half and Rafferty’s in the second. It was jaw dropping how much space they were afforded. Every time we took possession in our own half there was a pass on. It’s only because of absolute gash finishing that we weren’t 4-0 up after 10 minutes.

I honestly expected more from Bromley, but they just didn’t provide a test. The only wobbles for us were of our own making again - a few corners and crosses into the box that weren’t dealt with properly in the first half would have been tucked away by a better side.

It would be ace if our full backs could impact a game like they did yesterday every week, but I think we all know our bread-and-butter opposition wouldn’t allow that kind of freedom.

Still, you can only beat what’s in front of you, as the old adage goes, and we did that. Lillis’ save was class and maintained a clean sheet, so it’s all positive really.

I agree. It would be false to judge much on yesterday. For as good as Kosi was (he could have had a hat trick), I'm equally convinced that Bunney would have had just as effective a game had he played.

Bromley seemed to turn up to enjoy the day, and as if it was their manager just sent them out to play their normal way. I'd have thought the message would have been to keep it tight and be very happy to head back to Bromley for a replay, but it was so open, we looked like scoring every time we went in their half - and all this with our main striker on the day hardly threatening at all.

That said, it was a very enjoyable afternoon with some great individual performances.
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 10:12 - Nov 5 with 2118 viewsmacro

I’d like to see Nthle start in the next league game, I think Bunney has been poor recently with his crossing and and set pieces particularly poor. Yes the opposition yesterday were poor but both full backs did was required.
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 10:17 - Nov 5 with 2104 viewsD_Alien

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 09:33 - Nov 5 by ColDale

I agree. It would be false to judge much on yesterday. For as good as Kosi was (he could have had a hat trick), I'm equally convinced that Bunney would have had just as effective a game had he played.

Bromley seemed to turn up to enjoy the day, and as if it was their manager just sent them out to play their normal way. I'd have thought the message would have been to keep it tight and be very happy to head back to Bromley for a replay, but it was so open, we looked like scoring every time we went in their half - and all this with our main striker on the day hardly threatening at all.

That said, it was a very enjoyable afternoon with some great individual performances.

It's an interesting one, about Bromley's game plan

If we were to draw Utd or City away in a cup tie, would we just go to OT or the Etihad to sit back for 90 minutes, and probably concede eventually? We'd try to keep it tight to begin with, just as we'd do for difficult league fixtures, but (I hope) we'd also want to show we could play football, and to do that we'd have to take some risks

My take on yesterday is that our fast-paced interchanges simply took them beyond their capabilities to cope early doors, plus we negated any extra effort on their part with similar energy. The same has happened to us, against Stoke in the cup a couple of years ago, and we should simply praise the quality of our football, freed from the demands of gaining points. It looked like our lads really enjoyed it, and no disgrace to Bromley or their fans at all

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 10:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 10:23 - Nov 5 with 2091 viewsfitzochris

And, as a result, I would have expected a very similar appraisal of the context of that game from Stoke fans.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 10:24]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 19:56 - Nov 5 with 1814 viewsfermin

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 10:17 - Nov 5 by D_Alien

It's an interesting one, about Bromley's game plan

If we were to draw Utd or City away in a cup tie, would we just go to OT or the Etihad to sit back for 90 minutes, and probably concede eventually? We'd try to keep it tight to begin with, just as we'd do for difficult league fixtures, but (I hope) we'd also want to show we could play football, and to do that we'd have to take some risks

My take on yesterday is that our fast-paced interchanges simply took them beyond their capabilities to cope early doors, plus we negated any extra effort on their part with similar energy. The same has happened to us, against Stoke in the cup a couple of years ago, and we should simply praise the quality of our football, freed from the demands of gaining points. It looked like our lads really enjoyed it, and no disgrace to Bromley or their fans at all

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 10:20]

The match was surprisingly easy for us and the amount of time and space given to us was amazing. As a result, and this is being picky after a 4-0 win, it was disappointing that we did not score more, especially as one of our goals was a soft penalty and another came from a punt downfield. It didn't matter yesterday but it does in League games when we do not have so many opportunities to create chances.

I agree that Ntlhe played well but he had very little opposition on the day. Also, although he kept going right to the end, his body language suggested he was tired out after about 70 minutes. League opposition would have exploited this, but Bromley gave him plenty of space and time to recover.
FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 22:51 - Nov 7 with 1543 viewsUSADale

FA Cup Match Thread: Bromley on 17:48 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

The most annoying thing about the third goal was two miserable old sods in the Sandy berating Lillis after his clearance with "What the bloody hell's that?"

The ball was in the net three seconds later.

I had a last minute quick visit back to Rochdale this weekend so caught the game and was also in the Sandy. I heard the exact same thing a few seconds prior to the goal. I said to my brother in law nothing has changed in 25 years, same old buggers stood in the Sandy complaining like when they actually had something to complain about..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024