Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the game be cancelled? 08:04 - Feb 26 with 32870 viewsThe_Knightowl

The weather forecast for London is looking bleaker by the hour. Its not a fully covered roof but if its snowing heavily and the roads , rail etc infrastructure are compromised ccould the game be cancelled?
Could the game be cancelled? on 15:29 - Feb 27 with 4403 viewsDaleiLama

This looks pretty cool!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Could the game be cancelled? on 15:57 - Feb 27 with 4270 viewsBarryStrange

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:50 - Feb 27 by judd

Shandy-drinking lightweights.

Aye. That's how you win tomorrow night - change it from football to a drinking match. No way Jim McNulty can't outdrink Dele Alli.

You'll sh1t em.
Could the game be cancelled? on 16:04 - Feb 27 with 4230 viewsjudd

Could the game be cancelled? on 15:57 - Feb 27 by BarryStrange

Aye. That's how you win tomorrow night - change it from football to a drinking match. No way Jim McNulty can't outdrink Dele Alli.

You'll sh1t em.

Alli gets the wrong impression of the instruction "down in one" tbf.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Could the game be cancelled? on 16:33 - Feb 27 with 4141 viewsburton_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 13:57 - Feb 27 by UnmoderatedCF

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/spurs-v-rochdale-travel-information-270218/

I was supposed to be travelling on Greater Anglia but it looks like their trains might be stopping at 10. I've only recently moved to Essex, has anyone got any suggestions for the best alternative, is there somewhere I can drive to and get a different line into London that I will be able to get back out of?
Could the game be cancelled? on 16:57 - Feb 27 with 4085 viewsShelfsidedave

Could the game be cancelled? on 16:33 - Feb 27 by burton_dale

I was supposed to be travelling on Greater Anglia but it looks like their trains might be stopping at 10. I've only recently moved to Essex, has anyone got any suggestions for the best alternative, is there somewhere I can drive to and get a different line into London that I will be able to get back out of?

Hopefully trains will run a full service but with weather likely to get worse overnight wednesday you could try getting to Welwyn or Hatfield and use great Northern services into Kings Cross / Moorgate. They better be running cos that's how I get home.
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 4033 viewsantmarina

I'm in the same boat travelling in from ipswich.

I'm going to drive to Newbury Park and then get the tube from there. About an hour to Wembley via Liverpool Street.
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:45 - Feb 27 with 3942 viewsJames1980

How likely is it Saturday's game will go ahead?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:01 - Feb 27 with 3885 viewsD_Alien

Could the game be cancelled? on 17:45 - Feb 27 by James1980

How likely is it Saturday's game will go ahead?

I'd say very un...

And despite our congested schedule, it'd be no bad thing imo

Tomorrow night's game will be hugely taxing, both physically and mentally

I doubt the club will make much effort to get Saturday's game on, in subzero temperatures
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 18:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:58 - Feb 27 with 3734 viewsShun

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:01 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

I'd say very un...

And despite our congested schedule, it'd be no bad thing imo

Tomorrow night's game will be hugely taxing, both physically and mentally

I doubt the club will make much effort to get Saturday's game on, in subzero temperatures
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 18:02]

With Plymouth being on a great run there probably couldn't be a worse time to play them either.
Could the game be cancelled? on 22:34 - Feb 27 with 3487 viewsCamdenDale

Have to get a lot worse re-infrastructure and roads to be off. Gonna be freakin cold though...
Could the game be cancelled? on 22:40 - Feb 27 with 3455 viewsHalfManHalfDale

Latest from Greater Anglia is that there will be a normal service tomorrow, but having used the line for the last 16 years Iā€™m still not sure what a normal service is. Trains were running ok tonight though. If not options are to drive to Newbury Park (as already mentioned) or Upminster depending on where you are starting from but both are long hauls across town. Working near Baker St where there have been some snow showers but not really settled so should be ok round stadium, however snow has been very localised.
Could the game be cancelled? on 22:50 - Feb 27 with 3412 viewsmingthemerciless

Just seen the goals from the Wimbledon v Blackburn game on Sky. That pitch looked almost perfect. Cold but no sign of any snow there.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 22:51]
Could the game be cancelled? on 07:54 - Feb 28 with 3124 viewsburton_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 22:40 - Feb 27 by HalfManHalfDale

Latest from Greater Anglia is that there will be a normal service tomorrow, but having used the line for the last 16 years Iā€™m still not sure what a normal service is. Trains were running ok tonight though. If not options are to drive to Newbury Park (as already mentioned) or Upminster depending on where you are starting from but both are long hauls across town. Working near Baker St where there have been some snow showers but not really settled so should be ok round stadium, however snow has been very localised.

Thanks for the advice, starting form near Chelmsford. Woken up to about 4 inches of snow and it's still snowing so not looking promising for trains or driving!
Could the game be cancelled? on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 2898 viewsUnmoderatedCF

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/spurs-v-rochdale-travel-information-270218/
Could the game be cancelled? on 09:30 - Feb 28 with 2891 viewschalkyncfc

Its been snowing here but its not really settled so traveling through the East Midlands shouldn't be a problem
Could the game be cancelled? on 10:18 - Feb 28 with 2700 viewsSheffdale

Could the game be cancelled? on 09:28 - Feb 28 by UnmoderatedCF

We're travelling in from Richmond this evening and looking at options. Train and tube probably. Pavements round here compacted and a bit tricky. If we choose an Uber, how close to the ground would it be allowed?. I see the Spurs site strongly advises against driving but that is presumably because of parking restrictions. Advice from friendly locals welcome.
Could the game be cancelled? on 10:45 - Feb 28 with 2568 viewsShelfsidedave

No reason for the game to be cancelled unless the area round the stadium is deemed unsafe which is unlikely at Wembley. Whether they would cancel it because there are no trains remains to be seen. Due to Last nights snow in and around London I would not be surprised if there are very few trains out of London after 10:00pm. A lot will depend on how much more, if any we get later in the day.

More, possibly heavy, showers are predicted during the day. Quite a few Tube lines are open to the elements as well and it's not so much the snow that affects them, but the temperatures which freeze up points etc leading to problems. Temperatures are not predicted to rise above freezing so getting home could be fun this evening.

To all of you making the journey - enjoy the day, stay safe (and you will probably get to understand why most of us hate Wembley and can't wait to get back to White Hart Lane)
Could the game be cancelled? on 11:01 - Feb 28 with 2494 viewsDaleView

Could the game be cancelled? on 17:17 - Feb 27 by antmarina

I'm in the same boat travelling in from ipswich.

I'm going to drive to Newbury Park and then get the tube from there. About an hour to Wembley via Liverpool Street.

It's probably a sensible suggestion to travel from Ipswich on a boat. No delays forecast on the river Thames as far as I am aware.
Could the game be cancelled? on 11:05 - Feb 28 with 2475 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Could the game be cancelled? on 10:18 - Feb 28 by Sheffdale

We're travelling in from Richmond this evening and looking at options. Train and tube probably. Pavements round here compacted and a bit tricky. If we choose an Uber, how close to the ground would it be allowed?. I see the Spurs site strongly advises against driving but that is presumably because of parking restrictions. Advice from friendly locals welcome.

You can get pretty close in an Uber - close to the ground not only close to a near-death experience ;-)

Get them to drop you off in Engineers Way (close to Rutherford Way junction). It is literally (& in this instance i actually mean literally) in the shadow of the ground (basically under Wembley Way) & a 2 min walk.
Could the game be cancelled? on 11:12 - Feb 28 with 2447 viewsSheffdale

Could the game be cancelled? on 11:05 - Feb 28 by UnmoderatedCF

You can get pretty close in an Uber - close to the ground not only close to a near-death experience ;-)

Get them to drop you off in Engineers Way (close to Rutherford Way junction). It is literally (& in this instance i actually mean literally) in the shadow of the ground (basically under Wembley Way) & a 2 min walk.

Thanks for the advice - very helpful.
Could the game be cancelled? on 11:23 - Feb 28 with 2385 viewsDorkingDale

Don't take any notice of TFL - their site is always useless for suggested routes. I was going to go into Waterloo & catch the Jubilee line, but I followed a hunch & discovered that it's much quicker to get off at Clapham Junction and pick up the Overground via Willesden to Wembley Central (less than 40 mins). Will also be less congested than the tube getting home. Oh and The Green Man is conveniently situated half way between the station and the stadium......
Could the game be cancelled? on 11:37 - Feb 28 with 2340 viewsInPeace

Currently snowing very, very hard in Central London. Blizzard coming down sideways in the Liverpool Street area! Given there's already a lot of snow on the ground from overnight, this will be settling too.

The game has to be in doubt as it stands. I'm sure the pitch will be ok, but surrounding areas and transport will be a major issue.

If it goes ahead, we can expect a record low attendance for the new Wembley. I'll be surprised if more than 10,000 Spurs fans turn up.
Could the game be cancelled? on 11:43 - Feb 28 with 2302 viewsStudiousDale

I would be wary of the overground being cancelled
Could the game be cancelled? on 13:37 - Feb 28 with 2023 viewsDorislove

Any Dale fans getting there early can you please help clear the pitch .
Could the game be cancelled? on 13:38 - Feb 28 with 2021 viewsSheffdale

Dale have retweeted Wembley's tweet to say game on. To the relief of those already on the M6 or similar. In London already and borrowing my son's ski gear!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024