Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford United (h) 18:50 - Mar 12 with 16575 viewsBlueDales

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1105540319024685056?ref_src=tws

So, who's at centre back then?
Oxford United (h) on 23:19 - Mar 12 with 3099 viewsoddjob007

Oxford United (h) on 23:16 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

The fact we’re trying to rate passing tonight, on that surface, when the default ball from almost every player was like a shell from an anti-aircraft gun, ends the debate for me.

Don’t recall thinking the same about Rathbone or Hamilton.

Camps has lost it and needs some decent coaching.

[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 23:20]
Oxford United (h) on 23:26 - Mar 12 with 3040 viewsfitzochris

Oxford United (h) on 23:19 - Mar 12 by oddjob007

Don’t recall thinking the same about Rathbone or Hamilton.

Camps has lost it and needs some decent coaching.

[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 23:20]

I simply cannot say that Camps had a shocker. I’ve seen a fair few in my time watching Dale, but not tonight. The game overall was a shocker, granted, but no individual performance.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Oxford United (h) on 23:26 - Mar 12 with 3033 viewsblackdogblue

Who was gifted MoM by the way, missed it as had ears covered 😀

Bet that was a hard choice.. Lonergan for me got the clean sheet, unheard of at the COA..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Oxford United (h) on 23:33 - Mar 12 with 3001 viewsSandyman

Two poor, struggling teams, 3 inept officials. Not the best night out ever.
Credit to Nthle, Lonergan , Ollie and Jim Mc for effort and devotion to the cause. McLaughlin looked decent while he lasted. Bunney did his best and put a couple of delicious crosses in. I'm on the "another Camps shocker" side of the fence. Needs dropping IMHO as he contributes next to nothing.

Has to be said that BBM has an unbeaten record and has gained as many points in 2 games as Hill got in his last 11. Statistics eh?

Dire though it was, and a team selection as confusing as any Hill could contrive, there was some spirit in there and the fans, as best they could under the circumstances, got onside. That is improvement in itself.
Oxford United (h) on 23:38 - Mar 12 with 2977 viewsSandyman

Oxford United (h) on 23:26 - Mar 12 by blackdogblue

Who was gifted MoM by the way, missed it as had ears covered 😀

Bet that was a hard choice.. Lonergan for me got the clean sheet, unheard of at the COA..

Nthle got it. Can't argue with that, although you will
Oxford United (h) on 08:03 - Mar 13 with 2678 viewsReddale

Camps was good in parts but mainly bad. For every goal scoring opportunity he makes for Dale, he balances it with one for the opposition. He's played like that consistently for two years. So yes he didn't have a shocker, in fact his overall poor performance was no shock at all to me.
Oxford United (h) on 09:09 - Mar 13 with 2579 viewstony_roch975

Oxford United (h) on 22:39 - Mar 12 by Andy_TOPO

Not really sure what people are expecting from Camps, he probably made more tackles and interceptions than any other midfielder tonight, he rarely hoofs it, always tries to find a pass and keep possession. He does get caught out dwelling on the ball sometimes, but not that often.

Tonight the only better player was Ntlhe.

and as I've said before Hamilton is no defensive m/f so last night Camps was often on his own - Sat worked cos MJW alongside Camps is more solid( especially with WBs).

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Oxford United (h) on 09:14 - Mar 13 with 2574 viewstony_roch975

Oxford United (h) on 21:52 - Mar 12 by FatBoyCassy

Everything Dale did well went via Inman. The best chance of the night fell to Henderson who dithered and allowed the defender to clear for a corner. Keohane had a reasonable debut. Neither side played like a team looking to seriously avoid relegation.

That's 2 games in a row Hendo has not only missed clear chances, but generally looked less effective (tho playing as lone striker) is tough.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford United (h) on 11:13 - Mar 13 with 2432 viewsDaleiLama

Bit of a feeling of a non-league FA Cup qualifier in difficult conditions last night. Not one for the annals. Felt Camps and Bunney were ok but neither as good as Saturday. Camps a curates egg - sometimes Messi, sometimes Messy, but so were most of the rest of the team. Put a gun to my head and Nthle edged Motm over Lonergan, with Ollie in bronze. Williams and Inman both did lots of running but lack the real star quality. Inman caught in possession way too often but tbf, battled hard and fought to win it back often. Difficult game, difficult conditions and often difficult to watch. If only Inman had got a bit of lift on his shot. A point is a point. It remains to be seen if it will be enough.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oxford United (h) on 11:31 - Mar 13 with 2392 viewsnordenblue

Oxford United (h) on 09:14 - Mar 13 by tony_roch975

That's 2 games in a row Hendo has not only missed clear chances, but generally looked less effective (tho playing as lone striker) is tough.

Coinciding with a baby boy less than 2 weeks old,he might not be having the best of rest at nights at the minute
Oxford United (h) on 12:26 - Mar 13 with 2310 viewsIOMDale

My two pennies' worth:

Thought Camps was far too lackadaisical in the first half, wanting an extra second or two each time which, in conditions like last night, just isn't possible. However, I thought he was excellent in the second half, regularly breaking up Oxford attacks and playing short, simple and incisive passes.

Credit to the whole of the defence; Bunney regularly got forward to support attacks down the left and McLaughlin was everywhere until he had to be removed. He does dive in a lot but his tackling technique is excellent and so he regularly ends up winning the ball. Kgosi & Jim won almost everything in the air and shepherded the defence at set pieces superbly; the immediate improvement in set piece defending does tend to give credence to suggestions that Hill neglected to work on it.

Rathbone has been a huge loss. His running down the channels and beyond the forwards, his tackling and general shadowing of opposition players must make him a nightmare to play against. Hamilton a bit quieter than I've seen him of late - sometimes, you get the feeling he can see passes that team mates have failed to read. Thought Williams and Inman actually had decent games too - both showed that extra burst of pace which created a couple of chances that couldn't be capitalised on. Hendo a tad quiet but given the number of longer passes/lumps forward played, it's to be expected.

A quick mention to Keohane too, who looked very comfortable, combative and busy at right back. Showed plenty of attacking intent too.

Great not to have to mention Lonergan there either; he genuinely didn't have much to do, aside from a decent save from Sinclair towards the end.

Granted, it was a poor game but it's a clean sheet and that's four points from six. Beat Accy on Saturday and we could be outside the bottom four come Saturday evening.

UTDNFS

Oxford United (h) on 12:56 - Mar 13 with 2256 viewsEllDale

By my reckoning we only had three loan players featuring last night.
Has anyone any idea where Holden and Pyke have disappeared to?
The latter would certainly have been a better option than Wilbraham last night.
Oxford United (h) on 13:56 - Mar 13 with 2132 viewsBillyRudd

If Camps did,nt have a poor game last night then I am living in a parallel Universe. On the night, and I stress "on the night", because in times past he has given excellent service, it was a poor performance.Wanting far to much time on the ball he was constantly getting caught in possession. At times he was getting robbed of the ball deep in our half which led to direct threats on our goal. Even in a game with such dire passing, his stood out. Sometimes you just have to play the percentage simple pass and build pressure from there. Inman and Williams are not the greatest at winning and holding balls up so 30 and 40 yard passes to them were pretty pointless even when accurate. To be fair conditions were,nt great for a passing game.
On the plus side, whilst not having Rathbones speed off the mark, he did cover every blade of grass last night. For me he certainly put in a shift but he needs to realise he can,t be a play maker every single time he gets the ball. The younger Camps would also have been far keener to have had shots from outside of the box but I,m guessing thats a legacy of the Hill era. On current form Lg 2 player yes, Lg 1 needs coaching, Championship, not naturally gifted enough against players with even greater pace.
Am sure however that sometime in the future, he will enjoy his football better than he probably is right now. Actually that probably goes for all of us.
Oxford United (h) on 17:29 - Mar 13 with 1885 views1907

As expected, a lot of overreactions on here & on FB.

I thought we looked pretty solid in all honesty & we now appear to go into games with a specific plan.

Last night was all about getting the ball over the top & in behind the Oxford defence. At times this wasn’t aesthetically pleasing, however we probably created just about enough chances to win. Hendo missing the best chance of the evening.

We look much better at the back & who would have thought we would ever have said that with a back 2 of Kgosi & Jim?

Camps will always split opinion but I would say the more disappointing midfielder of the evening was Hamilton who struggled to impact the game throughout.

Keohane made a promising debut & looks like he could be a good acquisition either in L1 or L2 next season.

On the whole I’d say 2 much improved performances. Structure on the pitch & plans to suit the conditions and the opposition. We would have lost both of those games a few weeks ago.
Oxford United (h) on 18:35 - Mar 13 with 1787 viewsShun

Oxford United (h) on 12:56 - Mar 13 by EllDale

I was wondering the same myself. Whether it’s BBM trying to get away from Hill’s penchant for filling the team with loanees and prioritising our own players instead with one eye on the future, I’m not sure. But Holden, Pyke, and Done would’ve been better options than Inman last night, and much better options than Wilbraham.
Oxford United (h) on 19:05 - Mar 13 with 1720 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oxford United (h) on 12:56 - Mar 13 by EllDale

Indeed.....if you need a win you need a goalscorer, surely Pyke was a better option than old man Alby who along with Reece Brown must be the worst of Keith Hills signings?

With Hendo tired out is there no one from the Youth team to play up front.......dsraws is no good!
Oxford United (h) on 19:49 - Mar 13 with 1643 viewsfirgrovedale51

Oxford United (h) on 13:56 - Mar 13 by BillyRudd

If Camps did,nt have a poor game last night then I am living in a parallel Universe. On the night, and I stress "on the night", because in times past he has given excellent service, it was a poor performance.Wanting far to much time on the ball he was constantly getting caught in possession. At times he was getting robbed of the ball deep in our half which led to direct threats on our goal. Even in a game with such dire passing, his stood out. Sometimes you just have to play the percentage simple pass and build pressure from there. Inman and Williams are not the greatest at winning and holding balls up so 30 and 40 yard passes to them were pretty pointless even when accurate. To be fair conditions were,nt great for a passing game.
On the plus side, whilst not having Rathbones speed off the mark, he did cover every blade of grass last night. For me he certainly put in a shift but he needs to realise he can,t be a play maker every single time he gets the ball. The younger Camps would also have been far keener to have had shots from outside of the box but I,m guessing thats a legacy of the Hill era. On current form Lg 2 player yes, Lg 1 needs coaching, Championship, not naturally gifted enough against players with even greater pace.
Am sure however that sometime in the future, he will enjoy his football better than he probably is right now. Actually that probably goes for all of us.

So what is your universe like ?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024