Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing coming up? 15:51 - Jul 22 with 13127 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Signing coming up? on 21:38 - Jul 22 with 1741 viewsJumeirahDale

The marketing team has tried a few different things over the years and our attendances generally fluctuate at the same level. Why not try something new? It is gets people to look up from their phones for five seconds (not drivers hopefully...) then great, well done to them. If it doesn't work then they can try something else next time, can't we? We've hardly mortgaged our future or sold our TV earnings to a loan shark. It's a billboard. Calm the f'k down!
Signing coming up? on 21:48 - Jul 22 with 1680 viewsrod_leach

It's different anyway! I don't mind it, in fact it's growing on me. Worth a try.
Signing coming up? on 21:48 - Jul 22 with 1676 viewsfitzochris

Signing coming up? on 21:34 - Jul 22 by Swissdale

Have I missed something here? Two tweets is hardly a 'marketing campaign', it's a couple of pictures - and the club trying something that no doubt appeals to a younger audience.

Can't wait for the football to start so people don't get so worked up about nothing.

It’s a few billboards too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Signing coming up? on 21:53 - Jul 22 with 1649 viewsJames1980

The initial tweet made it look like a new signing.

Signing coming up? on 22:16 - Jul 22 with 1591 viewskiwidale

Signing coming up? on 21:53 - Jul 22 by James1980

The initial tweet made it look like a new signing.

Its your bloody fault James you've sabotaged the whole campaign.

MASSIVE over reaction.

This is not the time for bickering.

Signing coming up? on 22:21 - Jul 22 with 1575 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Folk complain when the Club does nothing to drum up support.....now they are trying a new angle they get slaughtered on here.

Give em a break......good effort I think

What about a poll?.........over to you James.
Signing coming up? on 22:36 - Jul 22 with 1514 viewskiwidale

I cant believe the overreaction to a very very clever and slick campaign using BBM to launch the new season. There is nothing absolutely nothing to suggest a new signing it seems some people have been very quick to have a go at the club. It might even bring a few extra lasses to the games. He's an handsome chap is our Baz.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 22:40]

Signing coming up? on 22:40 - Jul 22 with 1502 viewsjudd

I'm afraid that it's the nature of the beast. Fans will express opinions on this forum and other social media sites.
I've no problem with the club trying to get more locals into matches. No problem whatsoever, and fully supported the road show efforts this summer to sell season tickets when others thought the club targeted the wrong sites at the wrong time. C'est la vie.
Personally I do not get this particular message but it's not aimed at me so I look forward to the results of this campaign.
I still think it is David Beckham.
I also think that there are many valid points raised on this thread.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Signing coming up? on 22:46 - Jul 22 with 1476 viewskiwidale

Signing coming up? on 22:40 - Jul 22 by judd

I'm afraid that it's the nature of the beast. Fans will express opinions on this forum and other social media sites.
I've no problem with the club trying to get more locals into matches. No problem whatsoever, and fully supported the road show efforts this summer to sell season tickets when others thought the club targeted the wrong sites at the wrong time. C'est la vie.
Personally I do not get this particular message but it's not aimed at me so I look forward to the results of this campaign.
I still think it is David Beckham.
I also think that there are many valid points raised on this thread.

any add campaign is designed to get people talking about the product, if this thread is anything to go off it will be the talk of the town once the billboards go up and we all know it pays to advertise.

or you could do nowt

Signing coming up? on 22:50 - Jul 22 with 1461 viewsjudd

Signing coming up? on 22:46 - Jul 22 by kiwidale

any add campaign is designed to get people talking about the product, if this thread is anything to go off it will be the talk of the town once the billboards go up and we all know it pays to advertise.

or you could do nowt

...or something entirely different.

It won't be the talk of the town, believe me.

Any ad campaign should be about generating sales, not talking.

Let's see the results. I am sure they will be well publicised. And good luck with it all.

Signing coming up? on 22:54 - Jul 22 with 1443 viewsfitzochris

or you could do nowt

This thread is no barometer as we’re all already Dale fans and are all well aware of the product. I doubt it will attract the same scrutiny from the passive public.

As I’ve said, no problem with the strategy but mystified by the execution. Perhaps someone more enlightened will explain it to me and I’ll realise I’ve been a thick kunt.

Signing coming up? on 22:59 - Jul 22 with 1431 viewsjudd

or you could do nowt

In addition,the John Lewis Xmas TV ad is generally viewed as the best advert in any given year.

Sales are shite though.

Years ago there was the Hoover campaign of buy a vac and get a free/cheap flight. Completely fooked the company. £30M additional sales cost £50M to satisfy.

So, talking is not the point of an advert.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 23:03]

Signing coming up? on 23:14 - Jul 22 with 1405 viewskiwidale

Signing coming up? on 22:54 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

This thread is no barometer as we’re all already Dale fans and are all well aware of the product. I doubt it will attract the same scrutiny from the passive public.

As I’ve said, no problem with the strategy but mystified by the execution. Perhaps someone more enlightened will explain it to me and I’ll realise I’ve been a thick kunt.

To be fair this thread went down a blind alley when the OP mentioned "Signing coming up" the reaction was a mix of disappointment and annoyance when the penny dropped. The billboards will raise the profile of the club along with awareness from people, not necessarily fans, will notice them. Isnt that a good thing?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 23:23]

Signing coming up? on 23:20 - Jul 22 with 1398 viewsJames1980

Signing coming up? on 23:14 - Jul 22 by kiwidale

To be fair this thread went down a blind alley when the OP mentioned "Signing coming up" the reaction was a mix of disappointment and annoyance when the penny dropped. The billboards will raise the profile of the club along with awareness from people, not necessarily fans, will notice them. Isnt that a good thing?

In my defence I did put a question mark

Signing coming up? on 23:22 - Jul 22 with 1390 viewsjudd

Only if it gets people through the gates every home league game.

It's a bastard of a task to grow home attendances, especially on the back of the last 2 appalling campaigns, and now we have variable pricing and categorised games for the occasional fan.

In addition to the billboard campaign there is also a radio ad campaign. Not sure of the number of listeners or if there is an ABC type measurement, but I respect this particular attempt.

Signing coming up? on 23:27 - Jul 22 with 1380 viewskiwidale

Signing coming up? on 23:20 - Jul 22 by James1980

In my defence I did put a question mark

You could cause trouble in an empty house.

Signing coming up? on 23:48 - Jul 22 with 1338 viewsShun

Signing coming up? on 21:34 - Jul 22 by Swissdale

Have I missed something here? Two tweets is hardly a 'marketing campaign', it's a couple of pictures - and the club trying something that no doubt appeals to a younger audience.

Can't wait for the football to start so people don't get so worked up about nothing.

To be fair, the original tweet featuring a caption of nothing but ⏳👀 (the latter being one that always accompanies tweets about new signings) made it seem like a new signing, especially when accompanied by a hooded figure (I had no idea who it was at first).

I don’t think anyone’s really that exasperated by this, it just seemed a frankly bizarre way to advertise an, erm, advertising campaign.
Signing coming up? on 00:02 - Jul 23 with 1318 viewsD_Alien

So, an attractive fixture is coming up and someone who doesn't usually turn up thinks they'll give it a go, having seen the billboards

The split second they realise how much more they'd have to pay to get into the ground than they would've last season, the thought will be dismissed

Pstttt! If you want to get people to buy summat, don't impose a swingeing price increase...

Or am i missing something here?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing coming up? on 01:40 - Jul 23 with 1257 viewskiwidale

Signing coming up? on 00:02 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

So, an attractive fixture is coming up and someone who doesn't usually turn up thinks they'll give it a go, having seen the billboards

The split second they realise how much more they'd have to pay to get into the ground than they would've last season, the thought will be dismissed

Pstttt! If you want to get people to buy summat, don't impose a swingeing price increase...

Or am i missing something here?

You are right on this one. Having sold over 2500 season tickets presumably to the die hard support the only extra gate income will come from away fans and the floating home supporter. Pricing match day tickets with some matches at an extra premium is short sighted and frankly bizarre, more of an incentive not to attend than attend.

Signing coming up? on 04:37 - Jul 23 with 1225 viewsfrenzied

I hear there’s gonna be a huge BBM blimp floating over Rochdale today..they just need more hot air in order to inflate it..this forum board has had plenty recently me thinks!!
Signing coming up? on 05:59 - Jul 23 with 1184 viewsfitzochris

I at no stage thought this was a signing. Nor am I annoyed or disappointed. I’m merely passing comment on my observation of the poster/billboard itself. That’s what this forum is for, is it not? To discuss all things Rochdale AFC?

If the billboards get more people to attend than they cost then it’s a winner, eh?

As I’ve said, a few times on this thread now, the strategy isn’t flawed.

However, the Twitter element of this ‘campaign’ has annoyed people, as the ‘unveiling’ did look a little like a new signing announcement and I can understand why more than a few people thought that.

People are getting frustrated. The general feeling, quite rightly in my opinion, is that the squad still lacks depth and they’re wanting to see new bodies in so we don’t go through a third successive season of struggle from the first whistle.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 6:10]

Signing coming up? on 06:22 - Jul 23 with 1161 viewsBazzanne

It seems that Dale fans on this forum are supremely qualified to get their panties in a twist about nothing. FGS see it for what it is. You moan when the club does nothing and you still moan when they try to do something a little different.
Signing coming up? on 06:38 - Jul 23 with 1143 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 06:22 - Jul 23 by Bazzanne

It seems that Dale fans on this forum are supremely qualified to get their panties in a twist about nothing. FGS see it for what it is. You moan when the club does nothing and you still moan when they try to do something a little different.

But do you agree that splashing out on an advertising campaign after imposing a 35% increase in match day prices is a useful strategy, or not?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing coming up? on 06:50 - Jul 23 with 1122 viewsfitzochris

Signing coming up? on 06:38 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

But do you agree that splashing out on an advertising campaign after imposing a 35% increase in match day prices is a useful strategy, or not?

I add at this point that when I say the strategy isn’t flawed, I don’t refer to this, by the way. I mean opting to advertise the club via billboards, social media and radio rather than in a little-read newspaper is a sound strategy.

The match day pricing just doesn’t, er, add up.

Signing coming up? on 06:51 - Jul 23 with 1120 viewsfitzochris

Signing coming up? on 06:22 - Jul 23 by Bazzanne

It’s not just on this forum.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024