Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing coming up? 15:51 - Jul 22 with 13510 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Signing coming up? on 19:26 - Jul 22 with 1881 viewsDaleFan7

Looks like an advert for ASBOs...

Who even thought this up!? Even worse, who signed it off!?
Signing coming up? on 19:27 - Jul 22 with 1875 viewsfinberty

It's bad enough being regarded as slow / loser/ tragic for being a Dale fan in the outside world, surrounded as I am by fans of You-nigh-idd and citeh.
It's quite something else for your own club to treat you the same way.
Signing coming up? on 19:30 - Jul 22 with 1859 viewsjudd

It's David Beckham, isn't it?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Signing coming up? on 19:31 - Jul 22 with 1853 viewsDaleyBrent

Can’t believe everyone is making such a fuss of this. I think this is quite a smooth piece of local marketing, it draws some attention, clearly!. Hounding the media team is seriously a bit low....
Signing coming up? on 19:32 - Jul 22 with 1841 viewsJames1980

Signing coming up? on 19:26 - Jul 22 by DaleFan7

Looks like an advert for ASBOs...

Who even thought this up!? Even worse, who signed it off!?

Also considering the 'trouble' last year at this fixture. It really isn't well thought out is it.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Signing coming up? on 19:34 - Jul 22 with 1833 viewsjudd

Signing coming up? on 19:32 - Jul 22 by James1980

Also considering the 'trouble' last year at this fixture. It really isn't well thought out is it.

Out of order - theres no case to answer!!!

Signing coming up? on 19:40 - Jul 22 with 1791 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Signing coming up? on 19:34 - Jul 22 by judd

Out of order - theres no case to answer!!!

In fairness it could have been worse. He does not look a million miles off George Donnelly in that hoody!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Signing coming up? on 19:41 - Jul 22 with 1785 viewsdalefan

Well, I like it, each to there own I guess but it shows we are trying something to connect with new fans and that should be supported.
Login to get fewer ads

Signing coming up? on 19:44 - Jul 22 with 1762 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Signing coming up? on 19:31 - Jul 22 by DaleyBrent

Can’t believe everyone is making such a fuss of this. I think this is quite a smooth piece of local marketing, it draws some attention, clearly!. Hounding the media team is seriously a bit low....

Stewie Day got a hell of a raised profile off various nonsense and talksport.

Can’t recall if that went well or not but someone will no doubt know.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Signing coming up? on 19:48 - Jul 22 with 1732 viewspnc4eva1

Signing coming up? on 18:08 - Jul 22 by SaxonDale

Looks like we’re advertising a night with Clinton Baptiste.

Bury wod vs lucky with Brian Potter

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Signing coming up? on 19:55 - Jul 22 with 1692 viewsVivaDonaldo

Signing coming up? on 19:44 - Jul 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Stewie Day got a hell of a raised profile off various nonsense and talksport.

Can’t recall if that went well or not but someone will no doubt know.

I think we can all throw examples of bad publicity to prove points.

I suppose it depends on which way you want to twist the argument.

You also have to appreciate that the only people that are really annoyed by this on here are current Dale fans who bizarrely, thought were were making a signing.

As someone else pointed out this advertising campaign is trying to drum up interest in the first home fixture for people who dont regularly go. I'd say the billboard gets your attention and it's good that the club are at least trying.
Signing coming up? on 20:07 - Jul 22 with 1651 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Signing coming up? on 19:55 - Jul 22 by VivaDonaldo

I think we can all throw examples of bad publicity to prove points.

I suppose it depends on which way you want to twist the argument.

You also have to appreciate that the only people that are really annoyed by this on here are current Dale fans who bizarrely, thought were were making a signing.

As someone else pointed out this advertising campaign is trying to drum up interest in the first home fixture for people who dont regularly go. I'd say the billboard gets your attention and it's good that the club are at least trying.

Not got an issue at all with trying to raise the clubs profile at all, see my previous posts, but why say it’s a new signing?

Non current fans probably will know nothing until the billboards go up and the current fan base, a small sample so far admittedly, in the majority, think it’s poor.

I stand by it being absolutely stupid at best.

Signing coming up? on 20:16 - Jul 22 with 1626 viewskentishdale

Signing coming up? on 20:07 - Jul 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not got an issue at all with trying to raise the clubs profile at all, see my previous posts, but why say it’s a new signing?

Non current fans probably will know nothing until the billboards go up and the current fan base, a small sample so far admittedly, in the majority, think it’s poor.

when/where did they say it was a new signing?
Signing coming up? on 20:17 - Jul 22 with 1623 viewsVivaDonaldo

What made you think it was a signing? Isn't a signing usually Incoming or ✍👀
Signing coming up? on 20:19 - Jul 22 with 1614 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 19:31 - Jul 22 by DaleyBrent

Probably just a low news day...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing coming up? on 20:29 - Jul 22 with 1563 viewstodmordendale

Is that the new Mullet
Signing coming up? on 20:32 - Jul 22 with 1543 viewsTVOS1907

Only James1980 mentioned it was a new signing, which he has since realised was an error on his part.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Signing coming up? on 20:47 - Jul 22 with 1490 viewsThacks_Rabbits

In fairness it says nothing at all about anything other than BBM pictured in a hoody, so I accept that but still think it’s lousy.

How about..... MEN and Rochdale Online

“Despite a number of clubs in the north west area currently having high profile financial issues and expected to start the season with points deductions, Rochdale have staged an ambitious marketing campaign with billboards placed in prominent area’s of the town in order to raise the profile of the club.

For years Rochdale have run on a stable footing, with little more that survival being their aim, however with ambitious young manager Brian Barry Murphy, and a stable footing for years in league 1, marketing manager x confirmed that substantial funds had been set aside in order to raise the profile of the club.

We are a community club who need our community to support us, and in turn we will do all we can to entertain and give back to our community. It’s not just about football, but also about forming Alliances and giving something long term to the town of Rochdale and the people here.”

I am by no means a journalist, my punctuation is appalling and I can’t spell, but how would what I cobbled together in 15 minutes watching Corrie be worse? Get the press involved and make it a big deal!!!!

Signing coming up? on 20:52 - Jul 22 with 1463 viewsDaleyBrent

Signing coming up? on 20:47 - Jul 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

In fairness it says nothing at all about anything other than BBM pictured in a hoody, so I accept that but still think it’s lousy.

“Despite a number of clubs in the north west area currently having high profile financial issues and expected to start the season with points deductions, Rochdale have staged an ambitious marketing campaign with billboards placed in prominent area’s of the town in order to raise the profile of the club.

For years Rochdale have run on a stable footing, with little more that survival being their aim, however with ambitious young manager Brian Barry Murphy, and a stable footing for years in league 1, marketing manager x confirmed that substantial funds had been set aside in order to raise the profile of the club.

We are a community club who need our community to support us, and in turn we will do all we can to entertain and give back to our community. It’s not just about football, but also about forming Alliances and giving something long term to the town of Rochdale and the people here.”

I am by no means a journalist, my punctuation is appalling and I can’t spell, but how would what I cobbled together in 15 minutes watching Corrie be worse? Get the press involved and make it a big deal!!!!

This is brilliant!
Signing coming up? on 21:01 - Jul 22 with 1416 viewsfitzochris

Signing coming up? on 20:47 - Jul 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Its a case of medium, though. ABC figures for the Rochdale Observer in 2018 show a readership of just over 3,000, which is piss poor. And, unfortunately, no one beyond local media would give two fooks about a story like that.

So, I’m not faulting the club’s strategy, just the execution. Making BBM look like a hoodlum makes no sense whatsoever.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Signing coming up? on 21:08 - Jul 22 with 1387 viewsKenBoon

Sickening 🙄
Signing coming up? on 21:08 - Jul 22 with 1387 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Signing coming up? on 21:01 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

Its a case of medium, though. ABC figures for the Rochdale Observer in 2018 show a readership of just over 3,000, which is piss poor. And, unfortunately, no one beyond local media would give two fooks about a story like that.

So, I’m not faulting the club’s strategy, just the execution. Making BBM look like a hoodlum makes no sense whatsoever.

I agree totally fitz, nobody really cares outside of the town, but if we got 1% of the observer readers to turn up, even occasionally, it’s something, with no cost.

As you state the execution is shockingly bad but the idea is good.

Signing coming up? on 21:10 - Jul 22 with 1373 viewsjudd

At least we're not hosting England v Sweeden

Signing coming up? on 21:34 - Jul 22 with 1278 viewsSwissdale

Have I missed something here? Two tweets is hardly a 'marketing campaign', it's a couple of pictures - and the club trying something that no doubt appeals to a younger audience.

Can't wait for the football to start so people don't get so worked up about nothing.
Signing coming up? on 21:37 - Jul 22 with 1263 viewsKenBoon

Signing coming up? on 21:34 - Jul 22 by Swissdale

Have I missed something here? Two tweets is hardly a 'marketing campaign', it's a couple of pictures - and the club trying something that no doubt appeals to a younger audience.

Can't wait for the football to start so people don't get so worked up about nothing.

Astonishing isn't it. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't. It'd be perfect if they put that banner on the next fixture board and left it there for the season.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 21:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024