Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? 21:42 - Dec 29 with 4315 viewsblackdogblue

Simple question.. not a James poll 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 2965 viewsforeverhopefulDale

I would keep him as coach or assistant to a new manager.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 2947 viewsJames1980

I was tempted, but didn't want to be accused of being devisive.

It would say back BBM rather than sack him

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 22:13 - Dec 29 with 2877 views_Windydale

Neither.

I would prefer to keep BBM, he's having a tough season and don't think any other Manager could galvanise our squad with the current luck we are having, and resources we have available
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 22:16 - Dec 29 with 2867 views49thseason

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 22:13 - Dec 29 by _Windydale

Neither.

I would prefer to keep BBM, he's having a tough season and don't think any other Manager could galvanise our squad with the current luck we are having, and resources we have available

No point unless there is money to spend, there probably isnt so we must carry on as is.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 01:27 - Dec 30 with 2682 viewsDaleyBrent

Neither. Keep BBM.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 2400 viewsAndy_TOPO

Simples, keep BBM, hope our luck on the injury front improves
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:38 - Dec 30 with 2374 viewsfitzochris

Let’s remember BBM was just as resolute as the CEO on the matter of going into the season with a small squad and using youth players. Whether that was genuine belief or toeing the party line is irrelevant as they are both equally bad points of mitigation.

He would’ve known that injuries, suspensions and inexperience were key risks of this strategy and been confident of managing them as they arose.

I’m always prepared to cut the manager of our club a lot of slack, given the inherent challenges that come with managing it, but I’m losing confidence with each passing game given what I’m seeing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:50 - Dec 30 with 2358 viewsboromat

BBM has fully built into how we operate on a shoestring and bring on and sell youngsters. He knows the club inside out and it'd be difficult to find a replacement.

I also think with the luck we've had with injuries being outside of the relegation zone is the best we could hope for. And as it stands that's where we are. At the moment there's only one real relegation place to be decided which gives us plenty of opportunity to stay up. If we get players back fit I think we'll be fine. I heard McNulty is due back mid Jan which will be a key one!

January is going to be interesting as we will likely see offers come in for players. And we will most likely honour some of our commitments to allow players to move on to bigger things. I'd expect reinforcements in the way of loanees to happen again. Hopefully we get the quality needed. But with our back room staff including BBM, Ellis and the new Scottish GK coach I'm sure we have some good connections to get in what we need.

So no panicking here. BBM to stay!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:51 - Dec 30 with 2356 viewsDaleFan7

Klopp couldn't get this squad of players consistently scoring goals. It isn't good enough.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:54 - Dec 30 with 2343 viewsfitzochris

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:50 - Dec 30 by boromat

BBM has fully built into how we operate on a shoestring and bring on and sell youngsters. He knows the club inside out and it'd be difficult to find a replacement.

I also think with the luck we've had with injuries being outside of the relegation zone is the best we could hope for. And as it stands that's where we are. At the moment there's only one real relegation place to be decided which gives us plenty of opportunity to stay up. If we get players back fit I think we'll be fine. I heard McNulty is due back mid Jan which will be a key one!

January is going to be interesting as we will likely see offers come in for players. And we will most likely honour some of our commitments to allow players to move on to bigger things. I'd expect reinforcements in the way of loanees to happen again. Hopefully we get the quality needed. But with our back room staff including BBM, Ellis and the new Scottish GK coach I'm sure we have some good connections to get in what we need.

So no panicking here. BBM to stay!

The new Scottish GK coach is leaving us in a week or so and the rest of your hopes are pinned on contradictory points.

You’re citing the return of McNulty as a major boost. No harm to McNulty, but even last season you would have been laughed off this forum for that. That in itself is an indictment of how far we have fallen off the pace of this division.

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:56 - Dec 30 with 2337 viewsboromat

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:54 - Dec 30 by fitzochris

The new Scottish GK coach is leaving us in a week or so and the rest of your hopes are pinned on contradictory points.

You’re citing the return of McNulty as a major boost. No harm to McNulty, but even last season you would have been laughed off this forum for that. That in itself is an indictment of how far we have fallen off the pace of this division.

McNulty was brilliant at the start of the season and hopefully he picks up where he left off.

What's going on with the GK coach then?

And my points about what could happen in Jan I see as a positive it'll release some wage budget and bring in some money to freshen things up.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 12:58]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:56 - Dec 30 with 2332 viewsfitzochris

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:56 - Dec 30 by boromat

McNulty was brilliant at the start of the season and hopefully he picks up where he left off.

What's going on with the GK coach then?

And my points about what could happen in Jan I see as a positive it'll release some wage budget and bring in some money to freshen things up.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 12:58]

He was solid.

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:02 - Dec 30 with 2306 viewselectricblue

As i said before the club cannot keep sacking and bringing in a new manager its unaffordable.....

Nobody can look ahead to season and guess that 8 or 9 players will be injured for a certain length of time...
BBM as been extremely unlucky in that department..

Dale may have earmed about £550k in cup revenue this season and that may be ear marked for next season...

So for now the board should keep BBM but they have to back him with regards to players this January either loanees or signing or a mix.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:02 - Dec 30 with 2302 views49thseason

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 12:56 - Dec 30 by fitzochris

He was solid.

McNulty and briliant are two words that have never been used in the same sentence before.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:05 - Dec 30 with 2293 viewsfitzochris

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:02 - Dec 30 by electricblue

As i said before the club cannot keep sacking and bringing in a new manager its unaffordable.....

Nobody can look ahead to season and guess that 8 or 9 players will be injured for a certain length of time...
BBM as been extremely unlucky in that department..

Dale may have earmed about £550k in cup revenue this season and that may be ear marked for next season...

So for now the board should keep BBM but they have to back him with regards to players this January either loanees or signing or a mix.....

The financials suggest relegation would be more costly to the club than changing the manager. I stress that is not what I’m advocating at this stage, btw.

And I’m sorry, if you’re going into the season with a small squad, you absolutely have to consider injuries and suspensions counting against you, even in extremes.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 13:32]

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:05 - Dec 30 with 2288 viewsfitzochris

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:02 - Dec 30 by 49thseason

McNulty and briliant are two words that have never been used in the same sentence before.

Hence why I said he was solid.

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:15 - Dec 30 with 2251 viewsChaffRAFC

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:02 - Dec 30 by 49thseason

And yet we now miss him like the deserts miss the rain!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:20 - Dec 30 with 2224 viewsTVOS1907

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:15 - Dec 30 by ChaffRAFC

And yet we now miss him like the deserts miss the rain!

At the moment, our defence is everything but the McNulty...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 30 with 2136 views49thseason

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 13:05 - Dec 30 by fitzochris

Hence why I said he was solid.

OK solid and error prone at key moments. We have had worse but there are many better
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 14:28]
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 14:29 - Dec 30 with 2120 viewsParkinsGimp

Never really taken to BBM as a player or coach etc. Did ok last season but his recruitment this season shows a lack of awareness of the level we need to compete at . He seems tactically inept and I'm sorry to say but apart from the Utd game the standard of football has been appauling. To keep picking the likes of MJW and the absolutely useless Andrew is crass stupidity. I know we are paper thin but surely there are better loanees out there except Pyke ( why on earth he brought him back) .
I think the board messed up with keeping him in the summer.
Perhaps we should just accept being meek old Rochdale and accept we are punching above our weight etc ...( I hate that approach from Dale fans, we are in league 1 on merit, dont accept anything less, lets at least go down with a fight) .
There is no fight in this team , we are toothless up front , uncreative in midfield and prone to far too many errors at the back.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 14:46 - Dec 30 with 2083 viewsChaffRAFC

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 14:29 - Dec 30 by ParkinsGimp

Never really taken to BBM as a player or coach etc. Did ok last season but his recruitment this season shows a lack of awareness of the level we need to compete at . He seems tactically inept and I'm sorry to say but apart from the Utd game the standard of football has been appauling. To keep picking the likes of MJW and the absolutely useless Andrew is crass stupidity. I know we are paper thin but surely there are better loanees out there except Pyke ( why on earth he brought him back) .
Perhaps we should just accept being meek old Rochdale and accept we are punching above our weight etc ...( I hate that approach from Dale fans, we are in league 1 on merit, dont accept anything less, lets at least go down with a fight) .
There is no fight in this team , we are toothless up front , uncreative in midfield and prone to far too many errors at the back.

Keep picking Andrew? He's started maybe one game this season in the league and that was a desperation move down at Wimbledon when we had no recognised centre back as McNulty was injured before the game.

The rest of his appearances are 15 minutes here and there.

I agree with the picking of MJ being a mistake. Ryan is twice the player he is and when Rathbone and Morley are fully fit, MJ shouldn't be in the side.

I also agree there are better loan options than Pyke but his other signings have been good.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 14:56 - Dec 30 with 2054 viewstodmordendale

The fight is being taken out by poor tactics from BBM. Two poor defensive midfielders looking to pass sideways or back to a defence who piss about passing across the penalty box. Midfielders left to wait until the opposition closes them down and target men played wide and our ever best striker coming back to midfield.
Shades of Hill.
And we’ve got .. Calvin Andrews.
Cannon, Jamie Allen, Danny Adshead all let go for a few measly quid. They were there to build round. Not Done, MJ, Ryan etc.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 16:17 - Dec 30 with 1948 viewsTVOS1907

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 14:29 - Dec 30 by ParkinsGimp

To be fair, you’ve never taken to any of our management or players.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 17:46 - Dec 30 with 1830 viewsjonahwhereru

Neither.

As I said on another thread I prefer spending money on the playing squad rather than paying of managers. That is part of the reasons recruitment was so thin this year.
BBM has not improved us much from the time of KH’s departure. But we were getting absolutely battered week in week out. Our goal difference was the worst in the football league at one point. So given the lack of funds, and accepting he was not ruthless enough with th realised least, he deserves to still be in charge.
BBM Out or bring in a new Manager & keep him as a coach? on 17:54 - Dec 30 with 1802 viewsRochdale_ger

Who would you bring in? We have no money if everything said by the board or by some on here is correct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024