Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Wales away game 13:33 - Apr 13 with 1630 viewsbuilthjack

England away 1977. A bus was going from I think it was Llanidloes?
My Dad and a few mates booked on it, as well as a few sons.
We left early morning, it was an evening games, and got home about 7 next morning.
2 days off school for us. But I do remember my Dad going straight to work once we got back.
Great result, lots of Welsh fans there. Leighton James.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

First Wales away game on 15:26 - Apr 13 with 1591 viewsJBT95

England 1 - 0 Wales

Wembley, September 2011.
First Wales away game on 15:43 - Apr 13 with 1584 viewsswancity

Germany 4 Wales 1 Euros
1991 Nuremberg

A certain Ryan Giggs debut off the bench for Wales

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

First Wales away game on 06:59 - Apr 14 with 1502 views1983

Slovakia 2 Wales 5 2007

Weird game Wales scoring for fun. Cardiff fans tried bullying us in Bratislava and didn't like the response

First Wales away game on 21:43 - Apr 14 with 1430 viewscentrestandswan

England 0-0 at Wembley , May 1971 British Home Championship . Only two of us mixed in with the England fans who were mostly made up of screaming school kids. Not much of a game but we didn't get hammered .On the Saturday after saw England beat Scotland 3-1 .

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

First Wales away game on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 1428 viewsmajorraglan

Denmark away 1987, game was played in Copenhagen.

We drove all the way to Denmark from Port Talbot to Copenhagen via cross channel ferry and then up through Holland and Germany. We had thought about going on the Harwich to Esbjerg ferry, but had second thoughts on account of the price and the prospect of 24 hours on a boat with a load Cardiff fans. Lost the game, but was a great adventure.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 23:19]
First Wales away game on 13:44 - Apr 15 with 1368 viewsturkontour

Belgium away March 1991

Still following them
First Wales away game on 15:16 - Apr 15 with 1349 viewsNotLoyal

Lost 7-0 in Holland. Went with a few others, usual nonsense in the ground. The night it dawned on me those idiots down the road were a complete fantasy.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

First Wales away game on 23:52 - Apr 15 with 1293 viewsmajorraglan

First Wales away game on 13:44 - Apr 15 by turkontour

Belgium away March 1991

Still following them

Pretty sure I was at this game too, was it a draw at the Anderlecht Stadium?

One of my worst experiences watching Wales. Group of us travelled staying in a cheap hotel in Ostend. We were all friends from school or had grown up together, some supported the Swans, a couple supported Cardiff, a couple liked Leeds, and some were only interested in Wales. Our group got on well and we had a laugh, but wherever we went we had the “Who do you support?” line from the Neanderthal “Wales” fans who were clearly intent on aggro (mostly Cardiff it must be said); it got so bad we actually left Ostend and the hotel we’d paid for and went elsewhere. On top of that our van got smashed up in Brussels after the game. Drove all the way back with a polythene instead of glass windows. Good job we took a Collision Damage Waiver out on the mini bus before we went!!!! A combination of work, wife, kids and that experience put me off following Wales away for many years.

Highlights of the trip were discovering Cherry flavoured beer and getting a draw with Dean Saunders scoring, still didn’t qualify though.
Login to get fewer ads

First Wales away game on 00:09 - Apr 16 with 1282 viewsbuilthjack

First Wales away game on 23:52 - Apr 15 by majorraglan

Pretty sure I was at this game too, was it a draw at the Anderlecht Stadium?

One of my worst experiences watching Wales. Group of us travelled staying in a cheap hotel in Ostend. We were all friends from school or had grown up together, some supported the Swans, a couple supported Cardiff, a couple liked Leeds, and some were only interested in Wales. Our group got on well and we had a laugh, but wherever we went we had the “Who do you support?” line from the Neanderthal “Wales” fans who were clearly intent on aggro (mostly Cardiff it must be said); it got so bad we actually left Ostend and the hotel we’d paid for and went elsewhere. On top of that our van got smashed up in Brussels after the game. Drove all the way back with a polythene instead of glass windows. Good job we took a Collision Damage Waiver out on the mini bus before we went!!!! A combination of work, wife, kids and that experience put me off following Wales away for many years.

Highlights of the trip were discovering Cherry flavoured beer and getting a draw with Dean Saunders scoring, still didn’t qualify though.

Following Wales away these days is a very different experience to years ago.
The large majority get on well. You will always get the odd asshole, but they soon get put back in their box.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

First Wales away game on 12:50 - Apr 16 with 1224 viewsturkontour

I certainly experienced some interesting moments following Wales in the early 90's.

However, I'm pleased to say how things have changed and how I have been part of this through the GOL Charity, Dragon Has Landed fanzine and the Welsh Supporters football team.
First Wales away game on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 1188 viewsSTID2017

Never seen Wales play away.
Unless Cardiff and Wrexham counts ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024