Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's 16:39 - Nov 3 with 1615 viewsdurham_exile

Very short and sweet tonight.

Stevenage to be annihilated tonight by Super U's 4-0

Team

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Pell Chilvers

Brown

Norris Bohui

Subs:

Folivi Poku Harriott George Sowunmi Senior Scarlett

SB has had a week to mull over his folly to play only one striker against Newport and with the signing of Michael Folivi there is at last competition for places.

SB will play Norris and Bohui from the start with Brown tucked in behind.

Take the game to Stevenage bring Folivi on with 30 minutes to play.

More in depth analysis and consideration ahead of the Marine cup tie. Suffice to say I dont have time for more this evening.

Stop the 4.5.1 and play with two strikers home and away. This league is weaker this season and it is about time that we wised up to that fact.

We have nothing to fear except fear itself.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:42 - Nov 3 with 527 viewswessex_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:41 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Brown hattrick

Beautiful team move - and nothing less than we deserve!

Harriott makes way for Bohui.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:42 - Nov 3 with 527 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:41 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Brown hattrick

Harriott off Bohui on

With 8 mins left

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:42 - Nov 3 with 527 viewsgerry_us

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:41 - Nov 3 by noah4x4

Brown hat-trick.

Was McCauley Bonne v Wealdstone our last?

Was wondering when the last U's hatrick occurred?
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:44 - Nov 3 with 525 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:42 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Harriott off Bohui on

With 8 mins left

Poku off Chilvers on

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:47 - Nov 3 with 517 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:42 - Nov 3 by gerry_us

Was wondering when the last U's hatrick occurred?

Gerry I think it was Guthrie three years ago

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:48 - Nov 3 with 512 viewsnoah4x4

Last league hat trick 2017. Guthrie v Carlisle
Previous 2007 Cureton!
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:48 - Nov 3 with 511 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:47 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Gerry I think it was Guthrie three years ago

Brown off Folivi on with two minutes of Bonne time to play

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:48 - Nov 3 with 511 viewsFruitbat

Brown will deservedly get all the headlines but Stevensons's been excellent.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:53 - Nov 3 with 502 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:48 - Nov 3 by Fruitbat

Stevenson is a classy footballer.

Jevani Brown is now the player that we signed from Cambridge and not the pale imitation that we saw under JM.

A deserved victory tonight by 3-1

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:55 - Nov 3 with 493 viewsburnsieespana

Well done Col U and Brown in particular.
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:57 - Nov 3 with 489 viewswessex_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:53 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Stevenson is a classy footballer.

Jevani Brown is now the player that we signed from Cambridge and not the pale imitation that we saw under JM.

A deserved victory tonight by 3-1

Big shout out to Senior too, thought he's been excellent tonight!

Up the U's

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:57 - Nov 3 with 488 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:48 - Nov 3 by noah4x4

Last league hat trick 2017. Guthrie v Carlisle
Previous 2007 Cureton!

Noah you have forgotten Macca Bonne hattrick against Wealdstone

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:03 - Nov 3 with 482 viewsbwildered

Marine will give us more of a game Saturday .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:03 - Nov 3 with 482 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:57 - Nov 3 by wessex_exile

Big shout out to Senior too, thought he's been excellent tonight!

SB needs to sort out his team for Marine who will offer more threat than a poor Stevenage team.

I'm sorry but 8 mins for Bohui and 2 mins for Folivi is derisory and speaks volumes about SB failure to express the attacking nature of our side.

Jevani Brown was brilliant tonight but just imagine if he had real support from a second striker on a regular basis.

Still three more home win must be the target for the next three games.

Up the U's

Attack attack attack attack attack

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:04 - Nov 3 with 482 viewsnoah4x4

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:57 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Noah you have forgotten Macca Bonne hattrick against Wealdstone

Scroll back to my post at 20:41 Durham.

I forgot how to spell his name, but did recall his hat trick.

Further references are to league hat-tricks.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 21:05]
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:09 - Nov 3 with 478 viewswessex_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:04 - Nov 3 by noah4x4

Macca scored four that day - still a hat-trick though

Up the U's

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:13 - Nov 3 with 472 viewsgerry_us

Substitutions unbelievably stupid.
Bringing on attackers with 5 and 3 minutes to go is a waste of time and effort. Defenders maybe with the state of the play, but attackers need at least 20 minutes even to adjust and contribute.
Come on Mr.Manager...use some sense or are the two young lads being groomed as "new" Macca Bonne's?
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:15 - Nov 3 with 470 viewsdurham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:04 - Nov 3 by noah4x4

Noah I didn't see your message only the Cureton one.

One day SB will play a second or even third striker to allow our poor hattrick record to be further enhanced.

Up the attack minded U's

Durham_exile

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:18 - Nov 3 with 466 viewsthrillseeker

Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 20:48 - Nov 3 by Fruitbat

100% agree with this

Stevenson was brilliant tonight although Jevani was not too shabby.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 21:19]
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 21:55 - Nov 3 with 451 viewsGOSBTS

Brilliant result. Hat trick for Jevani which will give him and the whole team a lot of confidence that they can score goals. Sounds like he and Cohen are a great partnership. Up the U's!
Stevenage to be put to the Sword by Super attacking U's on 22:43 - Nov 3 with 433 viewsTommy888

Having watched most of the league games on iFollow this season what a difference it makes then the opposition do not high press us. Stevenage were very poor but equally in quality were put away by the U's.
Senior, Harriott and Poku had so much more time on the ball tonight and it showed! The patient but not too conservative build up play in midfield developing into slick passing in the attacking third showed what this team can do. Even after giving away a clumsy equaliser there was never any doubt about the result. If only they can do it that second quicker when pressed by better teams like Carlisle and Newport.

From what i have seen, Brown looks a better "lone striker" than Norris, especially when supported by the usual three of Senior, Harriott and Poku who suit Brown in that they are fluid and creative around the box. Would be interesting, for 90 mins, if one of those three were to be replaced with Brown with Norris up top. It might give us better chance of keeping the ball higher up the pitch when Senior/Poku struggle against a physical high press.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024