Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New pitch sunday? 10:54 - Dec 16 with 5270 viewsFerryjack123

Anyone else heard this? Gonna be pulled up Sunday and should be all ready by the 29th
New pitch sunday? on 17:29 - Dec 17 with 1707 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New pitch sunday? on 17:19 - Dec 16 by TenbySwan

Playing at the training facility is a no go

There are loads of Uefa regulations that would probably not be met.

Rooms for 4th Official, drug testing. Media etc etc quality of floodlights etc.

This is true.

Real Madrid are doing it but they have everything in place at their training complex to meet regulations.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New pitch sunday? on 19:10 - Dec 17 with 1641 viewsTenbySwan

We could possibly play at Parc Y Scarlets, ( not sure how good that pitch is) or even dare I say it The ******* **** stadium 😁

I'll get my coat 🤣
New pitch sunday? on 20:26 - Dec 17 with 1603 viewsBoundy

New pitch sunday? on 19:10 - Dec 17 by TenbySwan

We could possibly play at Parc Y Scarlets, ( not sure how good that pitch is) or even dare I say it The ******* **** stadium 😁

I'll get my coat 🤣

Well we used to play reserve games there a few years ago so maybe not that daft an idea , now I'll get my coat

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New pitch sunday? on 18:12 - Dec 18 with 1463 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just announced new pitch will be laid will be ready by 30 December our next home game.

Ospreys match v scarlet on boxing day relocated.

Just hope nobody is allowed to train on once it is laid.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

New pitch sunday? on 19:00 - Dec 18 with 1435 viewsLuther27

New pitch sunday? on 18:12 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Just announced new pitch will be laid will be ready by 30 December our next home game.

Ospreys match v scarlet on boxing day relocated.

Just hope nobody is allowed to train on once it is laid.

Wonder where you get a new pitch from this time of year? I take it Amazon are delivering
New pitch sunday? on 19:54 - Dec 18 with 1393 viewsRichardO

On Swans web site
"John Hewitt, managing director of Hewitt Sportsturf, added: “We are delighted to have the opportunity to work with the club again"
Again? Does that mean they are the ones who originally laid the pitch at the Liberty?
New pitch sunday? on 23:22 - Dec 18 with 1337 viewsSlugster664

Ospreys should sue SCFC for what they've had to play on in recent months, absolutely appalling...yanks and the club should be ashamed of themselves.

STID

New pitch sunday? on 01:11 - Dec 19 with 1321 viewsBadlands

New pitch sunday? on 23:22 - Dec 18 by Slugster664

Ospreys should sue SCFC for what they've had to play on in recent months, absolutely appalling...yanks and the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Absolutely ... should never have spent £550,000 renewing it last year.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

New pitch sunday? on 14:16 - Dec 19 with 1252 viewsSlugster664

New pitch sunday? on 01:11 - Dec 19 by Badlands

£550,000? So the owners are not only milking the club, but they're wasting what's left on an inadequate playing surface...are they going to 'redecorate' the outside of the stadium anyone know? It's getting worse by the day...

STID

New pitch sunday? on 14:58 - Dec 19 with 1224 viewsKeithHaynes

Must be some insurance involved.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New pitch sunday? on 17:02 - Dec 19 with 1197 viewsFerryjack123

Thanks God that was the last game on that pitch.. unbelievable state on it but we found a way to win which is pleasing
New pitch sunday? on 23:23 - Dec 19 with 1112 viewsCatullus

New pitch sunday? on 14:58 - Dec 19 by KeithHaynes

Must be some insurance involved.

How did the disease get into the turf? Where did it come from, or has covid mutated to attck football pitches now

Seriously though, if we can get a decent surface back it'll help our style of play and maybe we won't see games like todays for a while. As said though, we found a way to win on a real mess of a pitch. We are far more resilient than last season.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New pitch sunday? on 23:36 - Dec 19 with 1103 viewsDr_Winston

Don't talk twp.

If they hadn't reinvested that much in the pitch and it had ended up in shit state they'd have taken flak for that too.

Something has gone wrong with the playing surface this year. Probably a number of factors including Covid playing havoc with growing/recovery periods. They've taken decisive action to rectify it. You'd have to be a churlish type indeed to find fault with that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New pitch sunday? on 01:00 - Dec 20 with 1065 viewsKeithHaynes

New pitch sunday? on 23:23 - Dec 19 by Catullus

How did the disease get into the turf? Where did it come from, or has covid mutated to attck football pitches now

Seriously though, if we can get a decent surface back it'll help our style of play and maybe we won't see games like todays for a while. As said though, we found a way to win on a real mess of a pitch. We are far more resilient than last season.

Yes, and that is what matters.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New pitch sunday? on 05:49 - Dec 20 with 1036 viewsangryjack

New pitch sunday? on 23:36 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Don't talk twp.

If they hadn't reinvested that much in the pitch and it had ended up in shit state they'd have taken flak for that too.

Something has gone wrong with the playing surface this year. Probably a number of factors including Covid playing havoc with growing/recovery periods. They've taken decisive action to rectify it. You'd have to be a churlish type indeed to find fault with that.

Cheap option I heard just returned instead of using semi synthetic
New pitch sunday? on 08:04 - Dec 20 with 995 views34dfgdf54

New pitch sunday? on 05:49 - Dec 20 by angryjack

Cheap option I heard just returned instead of using semi synthetic

Yep, the old groundsman said on Twitter as much.
New pitch sunday? on 09:47 - Dec 20 with 958 viewsWhiterockin

New pitch sunday? on 14:16 - Dec 19 by Slugster664

£550,000? So the owners are not only milking the club, but they're wasting what's left on an inadequate playing surface...are they going to 'redecorate' the outside of the stadium anyone know? It's getting worse by the day...

The renovation of the stadium externally has been taking place over the last couple of months.
New pitch sunday? on 12:24 - Dec 20 with 888 viewsBadlands

New pitch sunday? on 23:36 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Don't talk twp.

I was being sarcastic.

New pitch sunday? on 12:49 - Dec 20 with 874 viewsBadlands

New pitch sunday? on 14:16 - Dec 19 by Slugster664

Please show me where and how the owners (Americans, individuals and Trust own the shares) are milking the club?
The pitch type is the same as that used in Spurs new ground (Birch connection maybe) and is by no means 'cheap'.
'The entire pitch renovation process — which began shortly after the conclusion of the 2018-19 campaign in May - utilised almost 4,000 tonnes of sand and soil mix while a further 20 million artificial fibres, similar to those used on a 4G pitch, were stitched into the new nylon base layer.
This was installed following the removal of the old grass and surface material.
Then, at the first signs of growth, a new SISGrass system was introduced from the start of July — combining the fibres with traditional grass developed specifically for sports pitches.'
Spurs have a decent video of the laying of their top surface
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/grass-pitch-laid-at-new-stadi
As the company providing the technology don't appear to have had a similar problem elsewhere, my guess is there was / is a grass pathogen in the subsoil / sand layer. If so a new top surface may well end up in the same condition if the base doesn't get some serious anti-bacterial attention.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024