Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses 16:18 - May 4 with 5045 viewsbritferry

Two former paratroopers accused of the murder of an Official IRA man in 1972 have been formally acquitted after their trial collapsed.

Joe McCann, 24, was shot in disputed circumstances in Joy Street in the Markets area of Belfast in April 1972.

The court heard he was evading arrest when soldiers opened fire, killing him.

Soldiers A and C, both in their 70s, had pleaded not guilty. The men admitted firing shots but said they had acted lawfully when doing so.

Both soldiers were interviewed by a police legacy unit, the Historical Enquiries Team (HET), in 2010 and it was this evidence that formed a substantial part of the prosecution's case.

Good, should have never have taken place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56942056

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 20:20 - May 5 with 849 viewsKilkennyjack

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:54 - May 5 by Boundy

and if your pov as mine is central you're classed as right wing/ tory or any other title that happens to be fashionable , there's no winners

Hello, Earth calling - you are not central.

You are a working class Tory.
(Do you remember Alf Garnett at all ? - just asking like ...)

None of the opinions you put forward are to the left of the hard Brexiteer little Englanders.

I don't think its for you to judge, so i hope you find this helpful.
Maybe you can change ?

Beware of the Risen People

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 21:49 - May 5 with 819 viewsKeithHaynes

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:13 - May 5 by Nortbankboy

Good post.

This forum has turned into a platform for the right wing bullies.

Look how how long that brexit remoaners thread has gone on.

I must admit I'm getting fed up of it

Can you point to me via a PM where the right wing bullying is taking place, and some threads or posts that reflect that please.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:14 - May 6 with 740 viewsKeithHaynes

Nothing received, I can’t fix what is perceived to be an issue by people making generic statements without a link to issues which I cannot find myself. If anyone else has a particular post, then link it here and I’ll look at it or get the network to.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:42 - May 6 with 719 viewsonehunglow

Clearly,those who aspire to be left cannot accept anything that doesn’t fit what they believe.

Belief in something that is not left does not make you right and anyway,why is left better than right.

Right.?

Seems to me the right post to counter the left who then complain as odd the left when the right do it.

Best bin left and right and get a life.

Be free.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:57 - May 6 with 702 viewsKeithHaynes

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:42 - May 6 by onehunglow

Clearly,those who aspire to be left cannot accept anything that doesn’t fit what they believe.

Belief in something that is not left does not make you right and anyway,why is left better than right.

Right.?

Seems to me the right post to counter the left who then complain as odd the left when the right do it.

Best bin left and right and get a life.

Be free.

I consider myself left in my political opinion.
I take serious issue with anyone who tells me I own a website that they state has right wing bullying on it and then when asked to assist with identifying the issue, doesn’t respond or take any notice.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 17:12 - May 6 with 685 viewsonehunglow

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:57 - May 6 by KeithHaynes

I take serious issue with anyone who tells me I own a website that they state has right wing bullying on it and then when asked to assist with identifying the issue, doesn’t respond or take any notice.

It's obvious you dress to the left and it credits you as my Police career was in times that were hardly conducive to those who were not "right" wing and rather racist to boot.

You know a little about me. Being refered to as an intelligent maverick ,who looks to be both disrespectful to senior ranks and prone to verbosity , is one appraisal I still treasure.

And dont forget I am both right and left in every way

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 17:16 - May 6 with 678 viewsNotLoyal

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:57 - May 6 by KeithHaynes

Let them tell you to your face, and let me be there to see it 😂 There are still a few left on here who can't see the damage they do by making bullshit statements and then not back them up.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 21:37 - May 6 with 641 viewsKilkennyjack

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 17:12 - May 6 by onehunglow

It's obvious you dress to the left and it credits you as my Police career was in times that were hardly conducive to those who were not "right" wing and rather racist to boot.

You know a little about me. Being refered to as an intelligent maverick ,who looks to be both disrespectful to senior ranks and prone to verbosity , is one appraisal I still treasure.

And dont forget I am both right and left in every way

Intelligent maverick ?

What happened Perch ?
[Post edited 6 May 2021 21:37]

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 07:47 - May 7 with 596 viewstrampie

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:14 - May 6 by KeithHaynes

Nothing received, I can’t fix what is perceived to be an issue by people making generic statements without a link to issues which I cannot find myself. If anyone else has a particular post, then link it here and I’ll look at it or get the network to.

Is there a definition for bullying behaviour ? , check out the "the thick Welsh sheep" and "leftie scum" quotes on the Hartlepool thread, on a personal level I have no issue in the slightest with the post or poster but would like to know if that is ok by you, if so does it give the green light for others to post in kind ? posters might have things to say about English people, Jewish people, Irish people, Army types, Royalists etc etc using the same language.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander they say.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 7:52]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 08:23 - May 7 with 578 viewsfelixstowe_jack

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 07:47 - May 7 by trampie

Is there a definition for bullying behaviour ? , check out the "the thick Welsh sheep" and "leftie scum" quotes on the Hartlepool thread, on a personal level I have no issue in the slightest with the post or poster but would like to know if that is ok by you, if so does it give the green light for others to post in kind ? posters might have things to say about English people, Jewish people, Irish people, Army types, Royalists etc etc using the same language.

Not sure why the hartlepool election result is relevant to this post?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 10:22 - May 7 with 548 viewsKeithHaynes

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 07:47 - May 7 by trampie

Press report with an explanation of what the issue is and someone will have a look.
I can’t read every post, nor can anyone else be expected to.

Edit : yes that one post was removed earlier today.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 10:42 - May 7 with 537 views73__73

No British soldier, should end up in court for what happened in NI 🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:16 - May 7 with 518 viewsBoundy

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 10:42 - May 7 by 73__73

No British soldier, should end up in court for what happened in NI 🇬🇧

Sorry I disagree,imo if there's a clear case to answer then yes they should but I also include everyone and anyone regardless of the "side" they stood on

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:31 - May 7 with 512 views73__73

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:16 - May 7 by Boundy

Sorry I disagree,imo if there's a clear case to answer then yes they should but I also include everyone and anyone regardless of the "side" they stood on

Would you also prosecute soldiers who fought in world war 2 ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:53 - May 7 with 501 viewsBoundy

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:31 - May 7 by 73__73

Would you also prosecute soldiers who fought in world war 2 ?

That question is not relevant to this thread , if I may why do you think that they shouldn't ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024