Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses 16:18 - May 4 with 5046 viewsbritferry

Two former paratroopers accused of the murder of an Official IRA man in 1972 have been formally acquitted after their trial collapsed.

Joe McCann, 24, was shot in disputed circumstances in Joy Street in the Markets area of Belfast in April 1972.

The court heard he was evading arrest when soldiers opened fire, killing him.

Soldiers A and C, both in their 70s, had pleaded not guilty. The men admitted firing shots but said they had acted lawfully when doing so.

Both soldiers were interviewed by a police legacy unit, the Historical Enquiries Team (HET), in 2010 and it was this evidence that formed a substantial part of the prosecution's case.

Good, should have never have taken place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56942056

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 09:32 - May 5 with 959 viewsBoundy

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 09:23 - May 5 by onehunglow

Let's be honest shall we.

Had these been two IRA killers freed,there would have been celebrations,interviews with Channel 4,BBC special "innocent IRA men set free-Police cover up",Corbyn asking questions in the house and of course compensation paid. And not forgetting Mike Mansfield,champion of human rights of just about anyone.

These two just seem to have walked away in dignity.

McCan's family need to reflect on the bodies lying all over Ireland -down to their Da.

And my own people supported this piece of filth-still do,even though plenty of our Boys were blown to pieces there.

You ever collected body part Killy?.Stinks mun.

Listening to radio 4 this morning I had the misfortune to listen to Mary Lou McDonald, President of Sinn Fein, saying that the collapse of the trial doesn't mean such cases shouldn't be pursued in future."It has been disgraceful the wish of the British system and government to afford an amnesty to their troops" She obviously overlooked the fact that many convicted murderers were released as part of the peace process . What a country some lovely people, the nicest you'd meet but then you have the likes of Mary Lou McDonald and her ilk.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 09:50 - May 5 with 938 viewsYrAlarch

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 21:06 - May 4 by majorraglan

Sometimes referred to as knowledge cause corruption.

The troubles blighted the lives of many, nationalist, loyalist, innocent civilians and military families all suffered. I sincerely hope the dark days don't return.

Hope you don't mind me correcting you but the term is 'noble cause corruption'. Often used in connection with police officers ensuring that evidence against felons they believed guilty was watertight as it were.
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 10:18 - May 5 with 926 viewsKeithHaynes

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 09:32 - May 5 by Boundy

Listening to radio 4 this morning I had the misfortune to listen to Mary Lou McDonald, President of Sinn Fein, saying that the collapse of the trial doesn't mean such cases shouldn't be pursued in future."It has been disgraceful the wish of the British system and government to afford an amnesty to their troops" She obviously overlooked the fact that many convicted murderers were released as part of the peace process . What a country some lovely people, the nicest you'd meet but then you have the likes of Mary Lou McDonald and her ilk.

Then all cases must be pursued, not just the military.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 11:04 - May 5 with 897 viewsBoundy

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 10:18 - May 5 by KeithHaynes

Then all cases must be pursued, not just the military.

I totally agree , when you consider more than 300,000 soldiers served out there ,mostly under extreme pressure and stress then imo the vast majority acted with a great deal of professionalism. We weren't prepared for the early years and formal training was late in the offing . It was my second tour before we had access to intensified training in a controlled environment . Yet again the military were the buffer between many different factions and I include the state.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:21 - May 5 with 857 viewsKilkennyjack

Had these been two IRA killers freed,there would have been celebrations,interviews with Channel 4,BBC special "innocent IRA men set free-Police cover up",Corbyn asking questions in the house and of course compensation paid. And not forgetting Mike Mansfield,champion of human rights of just about anyone.

McCan's family need to reflect on the bodies lying all over Ireland -down to their Da.

And my own people supported this piece of filth-still do,even though plenty of our Boys were blown to pieces there.

I cant be both 16 and responsible for all IRA activity in the 1970s.

You need to seek medical help.

To ask a poster on a football site about picking up body parts shows you need prompt assistance from health professionals.

Did you have a bang on the head from a miner or two back in the day ?

I suggest you log iff until they sign you off.
Otherwise you will get banned again.

Beware of the Risen People

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:35 - May 5 with 851 viewsfelixstowe_jack

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:21 - May 5 by Kilkennyjack

I cant be both 16 and responsible for all IRA activity in the 1970s.

You need to seek medical help.

To ask a poster on a football site about picking up body parts shows you need prompt assistance from health professionals.

Did you have a bang on the head from a miner or two back in the day ?

I suggest you log iff until they sign you off.
Otherwise you will get banned again.

Why should anyone be banned for telling a few home truths?
He did not post on a football forum this is the non football forum after all you post non football political rubbish all the time.

Yet again you suggest that anyone who disagrees with your views needs medical help.

Fortunately we live in a democracy which gives everyone the right of free speech.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:37 - May 5 with 837 viewstrampie

: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:49 - May 5 with 823 viewsonehunglow

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:35 - May 5 by felixstowe_jack

Why should anyone be banned for telling a few home truths?
He did not post on a football forum this is the non football forum after all you post non football political rubbish all the time.

Yet again you suggest that anyone who disagrees with your views needs medical help.

Fortunately we live in a democracy which gives everyone the right of free speech.

It is selective free speech Felix,rather like the vote.

Tramps and Killy cannot accept Welsh people have the right to vote Conservative ,if they so wish.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:54 - May 5 with 820 viewsKeithHaynes

Please remember that dialogue is what this forum is about not random allegations of one side being scum or the other. If you can’t discuss this topic, stay off it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 12:55 - May 5 with 809 viewstrampie

People can vote for who they like Perch.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:37 - May 5 with 779 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Lead witches are very hard to find in fairness.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:57 - May 5 with 760 viewstrampie

You can see why 'Professor' left this site because of right wing disingenuous bias and untruths.

Army types have to meet civilian and military standards and obey rules of engagement, the last I seen (very recently) over 5 times the amount of 'terrorists' were been taken on through the courts than army people for possible historical crimes during the troubles.
People (often right wingers) don't want 'terrorists' let off therefore they know and accept they can't have soldiers let off either, I think under the Good Friday Agreement it was only people that were done for crimes that were let out (as they were found guilty and done their time/done some time for their crimes) they did not want people yet to be done to totally get away with their crimes and I think that is still the official line.

The right wing have taken over this site (considering Wales traditionally leans the other way it's very sad to see), there is no understanding of why things are done or should be done a certain way, the state prosecution service, police, UK Government and MOD are the ones behind putting these trials on, they are or at least have been seen as biased against those that identify as Irish Catholics in the North of Ireland in the past, yet right wing English based posters (yes it often seems to be English based Welsh posters) think there is a conspiracy against the right wing, the right wing are in charge not just in this country but across the World, the paymasters of organisations like the judiciary, police, military are typically right wing, people are brainwashed into thinking that the 'imaginary' left are somehow pulling the strings when the left is lost and powerless it's just any criticism of right wing bodies immediately results in those people doing the criticism as them being part of some 'imaginary' left wing conspiracy.

The left has lost and right has won and the right is all powerful, yet what is left of the left get blamed for everything, interestingly the left these days is not made up of mass unionised Labour or the poor masses, what little of the left wing that is left are often educated, middle class professionals, that the rich sneer at and the lower classes sneer at, how the World has changed and not for the better either as regards the 'West'.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 15:39 - May 5 with 720 viewsKeithHaynes

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:57 - May 5 by trampie

You can see why 'Professor' left this site because of right wing disingenuous bias and untruths.

Army types have to meet civilian and military standards and obey rules of engagement, the last I seen (very recently) over 5 times the amount of 'terrorists' were been taken on through the courts than army people for possible historical crimes during the troubles.
People (often right wingers) don't want 'terrorists' let off therefore they know and accept they can't have soldiers let off either, I think under the Good Friday Agreement it was only people that were done for crimes that were let out (as they were found guilty and done their time/done some time for their crimes) they did not want people yet to be done to totally get away with their crimes and I think that is still the official line.

The right wing have taken over this site (considering Wales traditionally leans the other way it's very sad to see), there is no understanding of why things are done or should be done a certain way, the state prosecution service, police, UK Government and MOD are the ones behind putting these trials on, they are or at least have been seen as biased against those that identify as Irish Catholics in the North of Ireland in the past, yet right wing English based posters (yes it often seems to be English based Welsh posters) think there is a conspiracy against the right wing, the right wing are in charge not just in this country but across the World, the paymasters of organisations like the judiciary, police, military are typically right wing, people are brainwashed into thinking that the 'imaginary' left are somehow pulling the strings when the left is lost and powerless it's just any criticism of right wing bodies immediately results in those people doing the criticism as them being part of some 'imaginary' left wing conspiracy.

The left has lost and right has won and the right is all powerful, yet what is left of the left get blamed for everything, interestingly the left these days is not made up of mass unionised Labour or the poor masses, what little of the left wing that is left are often educated, middle class professionals, that the rich sneer at and the lower classes sneer at, how the World has changed and not for the better either as regards the 'West'.

Neither left nor right have “taken over “ this site.
The inability to debate has always been on very forum. That’s what has taken over.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 15:43 - May 5 with 718 viewsYrAlarch

Just out of interest OHL, and a serious question. Have you ever collected body parts and in what circumstances?
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 15:58 - May 5 with 696 viewstrampie

The question is why did people do such things, what caused them to do such things ?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 16:09]

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:11 - May 5 with 685 viewsKilkennyjack

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 15:58 - May 5 by trampie

The question is why did people do such things, what caused them to do such things ?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 16:09]

Exactly.

The logical counter argument is plainly absurd.
That people born in one place are somehow born ‘bad’, but people born in a different place are somehow born ‘good’.

Its simpler of course, but of no value.
Causation is the only way to learn, understand, and make progress.
You ALWAYS end up talking anyway to end conflict.

20 years of peace in the north of Ireland remains our biggest achievement since the end of the second world war. 🕊

Beware of the Risen People

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:15 - May 5 with 678 viewstrampie

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:11 - May 5 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

The logical counter argument is plainly absurd.
That people born in one place are somehow born ‘bad’, but people born in a different place are somehow born ‘good’.

Its simpler of course, but of no value.
Causation is the only way to learn, understand, and make progress.
You ALWAYS end up talking anyway to end conflict.

20 years of peace in the north of Ireland remains our biggest achievement since the end of the second world war. 🕊

Exactly

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:42 - May 5 with 670 viewsonehunglow

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 15:43 - May 5 by YrAlarch

Just out of interest OHL, and a serious question. Have you ever collected body parts and in what circumstances?

Mr Moan
I'm afraid I am rather disinclined to elaborate as to what my service entailed just as you refuse to state how you earned a living but suffice to say I know very well the full extent of the stench of violent death .It's like suicide scenes which are and should remain well away from the gaze of the punters on here many of whom detest the Police to the core.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 18:05 - May 5 with 639 viewsYrAlarch

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 16:42 - May 5 by onehunglow

Mr Moan
I'm afraid I am rather disinclined to elaborate as to what my service entailed just as you refuse to state how you earned a living but suffice to say I know very well the full extent of the stench of violent death .It's like suicide scenes which are and should remain well away from the gaze of the punters on here many of whom detest the Police to the core.

Ok fair enough. I only asked because you brought up the subject of body parts. I should only emphasise to you that I do not detest the police, as you seem to think.
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:13 - May 5 with 604 viewsNortbankboy

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 13:57 - May 5 by trampie

Good post.

This forum has turned into a platform for the right wing bullies.

Look how how long that brexit remoaners thread has gone on.

I must admit I'm getting fed up of it
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:20 - May 5 with 602 viewsonehunglow

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 18:05 - May 5 by YrAlarch

Ok fair enough. I only asked because you brought up the subject of body parts. I should only emphasise to you that I do not detest the police, as you seem to think.

If you do,then fine,if you don't ,that's fine too

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:21 - May 5 with 601 viewsFireboy2

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:13 - May 5 by Nortbankboy

Good post.

I agree, you try to debate against anything right or right leaning and you get labelled a leftie, it's a joke, that's why i don't bother putting my opinion across anymore.
NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:54 - May 5 with 584 viewsBoundy

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:21 - May 5 by Fireboy2

I agree, you try to debate against anything right or right leaning and you get labelled a leftie, it's a joke, that's why i don't bother putting my opinion across anymore.

and if your pov as mine is central you're classed as right wing/ tory or any other title that happens to be fashionable , there's no winners

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:58 - May 5 with 574 viewstrampie

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:13 - May 5 by Nortbankboy

Good post.

I agree with you on all counts.

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 20:01 - May 5 with 608 viewstrampie

NI - Trial of two soldiers collapses on 19:21 - May 5 by Fireboy2

I know, it's not a good experience, I have spoken to people that have told me that it puts them off from posting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024