Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 24746 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 1695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:53 - Jul 8 by Ranger_Things

Yeah, he's properly on form. Mind you these days he has an unlimited amount of material to work with...
A while back there was a documentary about him that I've been meaning to watch, Sky Arts I think. Have you seen it?

I have not but shall!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:48 - Jul 8 with 1659 viewsDannytheR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 8 by daveB

depends who is on at the end but you'd think Kane, Sterling, Stones, Rice and Mount but if it goes to pens would imagine Grealish, Foden and possibly Trippier will also be on

You're making me feel nervous. Declan Rice has got "last penalty tragically ballooned over the bar, left alone and holding back sobs on the pitch, a terrible shadow falling across the rest of his career" written all over him.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:06 - Jul 8 with 1620 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:35 - Jul 8 by Boston

er…’steaming’ would have been the street technical terminology in my day.

Yeah, probably same for me too actually!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:10 - Jul 8 with 1613 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:48 - Jul 8 by DannytheR

You're making me feel nervous. Declan Rice has got "last penalty tragically ballooned over the bar, left alone and holding back sobs on the pitch, a terrible shadow falling across the rest of his career" written all over him.

After decades of fkin West Ham fans fkin going on about how they fkin won the fking World Cup, if that was to happen we can then eternally remind them how they lost us Euro2020.

But, i’d rather not be in that position in the first place.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:11 - Jul 8 with 1610 viewsEsox_Lucius

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:42 - Jul 8 by Boston

Brian ‘king of the commentators’ Moore, died the same day England defeated Germany 5-1. He was by far and away my favourite football talking head.

It looked uncannily like the London Planetarium according to Nigel Blackwell.

The grass is always greener.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:54 - Jul 8 with 1540 viewsCiderwithRsie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:34 - Jul 8 by BlackCrowe

BBC sells overseas broadcast rights for it's content a small fortune. Content that has been funded for by the licence fee payer, and Beeb keeps the lot.

Good, that's exactly what I want them to do. It keeps the licence fee down (and why the feck should foreigners who haven't bought a licence get free what I'm paying for?)

It's also a case of one of the very few British product makers that is universally respected globally exporting a product and thereby employing British workers.

One of my bugbears is that the Beeb has become a political issue and there is a campaign (led by cr*p, largely foreign-owned newspapers, some of them owned by direct competitors of the BBC) to feck over exports of David Attenborougn and Dr Who because they don't like the way the news is presented, as if the bloody news is what we watch the telly for.

Sadly the've already screwed the thing over so badly that the product is a shadow of what it used to be and much of the "must-watch" TV is now US made.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 21:09 - Jul 8 with 1501 viewsSuperhoops2808

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:20 - Jul 8 by daveB

How's the ITV curse going?

I knew someone would bring it up and no surprises who

But yep, proved wrong tonight but what wasnt is the awful commentators and presenters. BBC for me on Sunday, better all round atmosphere with their team of presenters.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 21:10 - Jul 8 with 1496 viewsBlackCrowe

Only dirt cheap if you watch or listen to a lot.

Which i used to, a lot, but the content has become so banal and lacking edge these days. Watch 6 nations and England in World/Euro cup, Masters and listen to 6Music a bit and Robert Elms on Radio London and that's pretty much it.

So yes it's good value if you're a heavy user but not if you're not. So light users are subsidising heavy users. Streaming subscription options to various verticals (News, Drama, Radio etc) would seem the right way to go.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 21:49 - Jul 8 with 1429 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:05 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

As a teenager, I lived nearby and we regularly walked or sneaked in, maybe a fiver cash, maybe not.

60,000 apparently.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 21:50 - Jul 8 with 1425 viewsGloryHunter

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:03 - Jul 8 by Boston

Dunno about the ‘new Wembley’, but shit loads got in for nothing or a bribe at the old twin towers.

I was sickened recently when I heard on the wireless that the 1966 World Cup Final wasn't full capacity because they were still letting people in for cash at the turnstiles, and it never got full. I was watching it at home on black-and-white TV, in Harrow Weald, a few miles away, aged 13. Whoever knew?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jul 8 with 1389 viewsGloryHunter

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:13 - Jul 8 by slmrstid

Surely to counter this you can say if the BBC didn't sell its content for a small fortune the TV licence would cost more...them selling the content keeps the licence at the, lets face it, dirt cheap price that it is.

I once had an interesting discussion at the gun counter of a sports store in the USA, when I expressed surprise that I would be allowed to buy a hand gun and several boxes of ammunition as long as I could produce a driver's licence. The assistant turned the tables on me by saying, "Hey, you're English, you guys really have to pay for a TV LICENCE?"
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:20 - Jul 8 with 1365 viewsTW_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jul 8 by GloryHunter

I once had an interesting discussion at the gun counter of a sports store in the USA, when I expressed surprise that I would be allowed to buy a hand gun and several boxes of ammunition as long as I could produce a driver's licence. The assistant turned the tables on me by saying, "Hey, you're English, you guys really have to pay for a TV LICENCE?"

It’s funny because I had a very similar conversation the first time I went to the US. I was at an extremely large gun counter at a sports store in Florida. I asked what ID I would need if I wanted to buy a gun. Apparently you had to prove you were a Florida resident and 16 or over. So at 16 I could buy a gun, but not an Ice T album from the record shop next door.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:36 - Jul 8 with 1335 viewsCamberleyR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:06 - Jul 8 by GloryHunter

It took Matterface & Dixon until the 119th minute to realise (or to tell us) that Denmark had been playing since half-time et with only 10 men.

A brilliant take down of Matterface's woeful commentary last night.

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-matterface-tyldesley-off-script-euro-20

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:08 - Jul 8 with 1300 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Southgate isn’t the right man’

‘He doesn’t know what his best team is’

Look at this. Name one manager that has got anywhere near this kind of intelligent use of the ball:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:20 - Jul 8 with 1280 viewsCiderwithRsie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:08 - Jul 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Look at this. Name one manager that has got anywhere near this kind of intelligent use of the ball:

I was "ole"-ing at home for all of that.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:04 - Jul 9 with 1228 viewsjohncharles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:01 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

Yep, but didn't interfere with play, so game doesn't have to be stopped.

The balls were quite close to each other. The referee obviously thought he was following the right one but what about the players ?
I’m not disputing the penalty or the final result but I just can’t believe that, in general, 2 balls moving not so far from each doesn’t interfere with play.

Strong and stable my arse.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:14 - Jul 9 with 1068 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:08 - Jul 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

That sort of stuff (passing and movement) is not down to Southgate.....it is the players.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 7:16]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:21 - Jul 9 with 1066 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:14 - Jul 9 by gazza1

That sort of stuff (passing and movement) is not down to Southgate.....it is the players.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 7:16]

Morning! How do you know he didn’t shout out for that to be done. That’s why they stand on the edge of the technical area.

Come on gazza, swallow your pride and give him some credit. No one will think any worse of you for doing so.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:26 - Jul 9 with 1041 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:21 - Jul 9 by Juzzie

Morning! How do you know he didn’t shout out for that to be done. That’s why they stand on the edge of the technical area.

Come on gazza, swallow your pride and give him some credit. No one will think any worse of you for doing so.

Seriously, do you really think Southgate was much to do with that clip??

It was 100% down to the players and the quality that they have....they made the runs, they made themselves the space, they passed the ball excellently, they used their own brains, they kept the ball.

Nowt to do with Southgate....ffs they are the best players in the world!!!!.....that is why we kept the ball!!! against a 'worn out' Denmark team
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 7:28]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:37 - Jul 9 with 1031 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:26 - Jul 9 by gazza1

Seriously, do you really think Southgate was much to do with that clip??

It was 100% down to the players and the quality that they have....they made the runs, they made themselves the space, they passed the ball excellently, they used their own brains, they kept the ball.

Nowt to do with Southgate....ffs they are the best players in the world!!!!.....that is why we kept the ball!!! against a 'worn out' Denmark team
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 7:28]

100%? You know that for an absolute fact do you? Do you have connections with the England management team. You’re just guessing and making plausible conjecture etc and presenting it as ‘fact’.

How do you know that sort of stuff isn’t discussed in training, during briefings and so on. They’ll be going through scenarios and all sorts of things.
I’m sure players are able to think for themselves on the pitch but it will be as a result of the huge preparation work that goes on.

You just cannot give him any credit can you. So entrenched in your beliefs you cannot, or will nor, budge. It’s no shame you know to say otherwise, it can actually be quite cathartic.

However, I’m sure you be all over here if we lose bemoaning how he isn’t the right person, despite getting us to two semi’s and a final in just a few years, without suggesting who is currently better.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:58 - Jul 9 with 1004 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:37 - Jul 9 by Juzzie

100%? You know that for an absolute fact do you? Do you have connections with the England management team. You’re just guessing and making plausible conjecture etc and presenting it as ‘fact’.

How do you know that sort of stuff isn’t discussed in training, during briefings and so on. They’ll be going through scenarios and all sorts of things.
I’m sure players are able to think for themselves on the pitch but it will be as a result of the huge preparation work that goes on.

You just cannot give him any credit can you. So entrenched in your beliefs you cannot, or will nor, budge. It’s no shame you know to say otherwise, it can actually be quite cathartic.

However, I’m sure you be all over here if we lose bemoaning how he isn’t the right person, despite getting us to two semi’s and a final in just a few years, without suggesting who is currently better.

It obviously isn't fact......however talk to anyone involved with football and they would tell you the reason how and why they kept the ball so well and it would not be that Southgate told Trippier to run here and pass it there, etc, etc, etc - the players will make those decisions and not your beloved Southgate. As I said they are top world class players who will do that just like you do things automatically in your job of work or having a piss when you get up in the morning!!!

As for Southgate......I am not a fan (not saying that he has not done good things because he has) and I want England to win 100% on Sunday and it is pretty silly of you to think that I would want anything else.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 8:01]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:00 - Jul 9 with 1002 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:21 - Jul 9 by Juzzie

I was against Southgate being appointed

I gave him endless w@nker signs in Vilnius after a drab 1-0 (5th minute penalty) win against Lithuania when he came to applaud us.

I hated the cult which formed around him in Russia for what was, if we're being honest, an uninspiring run against poor teams.

I wanted him to be offered a top job in the Premier League so we wouldn't have to put up with him for any longer.

I was wrong...

There you go, it's easy!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:04 - Jul 9 with 978 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:00 - Jul 9 by 80s_Boy

I was against Southgate being appointed

I gave him endless w@nker signs in Vilnius after a drab 1-0 (5th minute penalty) win against Lithuania when he came to applaud us.

I hated the cult which formed around him in Russia for what was, if we're being honest, an uninspiring run against poor teams.

I wanted him to be offered a top job in the Premier League so we wouldn't have to put up with him for any longer.

I was wrong...

There you go, it's easy!

Sad you needed to behave like that against Southgate, very sad - he was/is doing his best!!!

What top English Premier club would offer him a job??? There have been a few vacancies over the past couple of years.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:12 - Jul 9 with 965 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:04 - Jul 9 by gazza1

Sad you needed to behave like that against Southgate, very sad - he was/is doing his best!!!

What top English Premier club would offer him a job??? There have been a few vacancies over the past couple of years.

Trust me, if you had spent the time and money I had going to Lithuania to watch that you'd have given him the same signs!

It was honestly a key moment in the build up to my decision to stop going to England away games 😂
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:30 - Jul 9 with 924 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

entrenched
/ɪnˈtrɛn(t)ʃt,ɛnˈtrɛn(t)ʃt/

adjective

(of an attitude, habit, or belief) firmly established and difficult or unlikely to change; ingrained.

"For fear of losing face to strangers on the internet, gazza’s anti Southgate stance was so entrenched he seriously had the front to flaunt it two days before England’s first final in 55 years"
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 8:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024