Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! 11:06 - Aug 9 with 9571 viewsYorkshire_Dale

With money being tight as per usual I am hoping we can get a decent run in the cups this year.......traditionally we usually do ok in at least one!

It would be an ideal opportunity to put last Saturdays shocker to bed and get on track as soon as possible. Start by leaving McNulty a day off. Then hopefully if Bonsey is fit his replacement alone will give us the edge.

I don't think Robbie will be doing this "free hit" jobby.

Get stuck in.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:29 - Aug 9 with 2169 views442Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:23 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Or just weighing up the risks faced if you actually require a needless vaccine for some, like most the nation choose not to bother with a flu jab annually, because they don't need it, its a choice based on your specific circumstances, or at least it should be.....

Has it been identified who it’s a “needless vaccine” for?

If it’s been established that it could help prevent serious illness and the effects of long covid, would the Newcastle players who suffered the impact of the latter have possibly returned to action quicker had a vaccine been available last year?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12169435/newcastle-duo-jamaal-lasc

And yes, totally agree it should be an individual’s own choice. But this is in the context of the discussion around how it could benefit football players, not about the outside world. If it is ‘needless’ for players, surely that would have come out by now?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 20:32]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:37 - Aug 9 with 2141 viewsTVOS1907

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:15 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Nowt to do with you if I have or haven't really, very similar to me knowing about your medical preferences.

It's brilliant how anyone who's had a jab is viewed like some life saver yet others who choose not to are viewed as "wrong". They've done a belting job the good old media of ours, scaring everyone shitless

I've had both jabs and at no point has anyone I'm close to (or associated with) viewed me as some sort of "life saver", so I'm struggling a bit with your post.

In fact, come to think of it, I don't know of anyone who's been double-jabbed being viewed as a life-saver.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:40 - Aug 9 with 2124 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:29 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

Has it been identified who it’s a “needless vaccine” for?

If it’s been established that it could help prevent serious illness and the effects of long covid, would the Newcastle players who suffered the impact of the latter have possibly returned to action quicker had a vaccine been available last year?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12169435/newcastle-duo-jamaal-lasc

And yes, totally agree it should be an individual’s own choice. But this is in the context of the discussion around how it could benefit football players, not about the outside world. If it is ‘needless’ for players, surely that would have come out by now?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 20:32]

It's needless for the tens of thousands who have had covid with absolutely zero symptoms and required a test to know they've even had it such was the ferocity, or even the tens of thousands who have had it and felt a bit rough for a few days, very similar to a common cold.

The reality is most folk don't get a choice if it's needed or not, such is the hysteria thats been whipped up that surrounds anyone that opts not to have a vaccine.

Again if its about purely about reducing any risks of possible needless time out of football the flu vaccine must be administered to every single footballer and back room staff annually, we both know that's not the case 442
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:48 - Aug 9 with 2102 views442Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:40 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

It's needless for the tens of thousands who have had covid with absolutely zero symptoms and required a test to know they've even had it such was the ferocity, or even the tens of thousands who have had it and felt a bit rough for a few days, very similar to a common cold.

The reality is most folk don't get a choice if it's needed or not, such is the hysteria thats been whipped up that surrounds anyone that opts not to have a vaccine.

Again if its about purely about reducing any risks of possible needless time out of football the flu vaccine must be administered to every single footballer and back room staff annually, we both know that's not the case 442

How many players who suffered from flu were like Saint-Maximin and 'not been able to do anything for six weeks'?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-covid-19-

If there’s info available on that and whether or not some clubs do suggest players take precautions to avoid flu, it’d be interesting to read.

Actually, it’s not about comparing with flu vaccines. I’m missing my own point made previously, it’s about utilising ANY suggested health related precautions that may help eg diet etc. Apologies for going off track.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 20:50]

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 2097 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:37 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

I've had both jabs and at no point has anyone I'm close to (or associated with) viewed me as some sort of "life saver", so I'm struggling a bit with your post.

In fact, come to think of it, I don't know of anyone who's been double-jabbed being viewed as a life-saver.

Its all over the media TVOS, its embarrassingly slanted and massively contradictory, like the belter of a "covid passport" to travel.

So you can now "safely" sit next to everyone else on a plane having been vaccinated yet can still both pass and catch the virus to every single person sat on the plane, the exact same scenario whether you have/not been vaccinated....absolutely brilliant idea.

The key to getting out of all this nonsense is the testing, yet we all know that's about as accurate as a Michael Simpkins through ball.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:52 - Aug 9 with 2084 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:48 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

How many players who suffered from flu were like Saint-Maximin and 'not been able to do anything for six weeks'?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-covid-19-

If there’s info available on that and whether or not some clubs do suggest players take precautions to avoid flu, it’d be interesting to read.

Actually, it’s not about comparing with flu vaccines. I’m missing my own point made previously, it’s about utilising ANY suggested health related precautions that may help eg diet etc. Apologies for going off track.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 20:50]

Compare it to the percentage of players that have caught it and we'll discuss it in more detail, you keep bringing up literally one case out of how many footballers is there professionally.... many many of them have caught it too along the way.

Edit.... no need to apologise
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 20:53]
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:53 - Aug 9 with 2076 viewsTVOS1907

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:49 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Its all over the media TVOS, its embarrassingly slanted and massively contradictory, like the belter of a "covid passport" to travel.

So you can now "safely" sit next to everyone else on a plane having been vaccinated yet can still both pass and catch the virus to every single person sat on the plane, the exact same scenario whether you have/not been vaccinated....absolutely brilliant idea.

The key to getting out of all this nonsense is the testing, yet we all know that's about as accurate as a Michael Simpkins through ball.

I'm sure most people can make up their own minds, regardless of what the media say. I know I can.

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 21:03 - Aug 9 with 2055 views442Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:52 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Compare it to the percentage of players that have caught it and we'll discuss it in more detail, you keep bringing up literally one case out of how many footballers is there professionally.... many many of them have caught it too along the way.

Edit.... no need to apologise
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 20:53]

I don’t keep bringing it up, it was because I searched ‘Newcastle long Covid’ as remembered it happening there.

Another quick search:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12178106/frank-lampard-explains-ch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57925785

https://theathletic.com/2332022/2021/01/20/football-covid-career-premier-league-

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/3/3/22292213/athletes-covid-recovery-stories-j

Of course the percentage could be very small of those who contracted it, and that’s the point. If a vaccine reduces the chances of the above cases, those are the margins clubs look at. Just like diets/warm-ups etc etc.

There may be more stories, that was on page one of the search, but going to watch the rest of Only Connect now.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 2023 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:53 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

I'm sure most people can make up their own minds, regardless of what the media say. I know I can.

Good man, me too
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 21:52 - Aug 9 with 1954 viewstony_roch975

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 21:10 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Good man, me too

of course you can but there are consequences of your choices - one of which may be to curtail some of your freedoms; just as the wearing of seat belts is an infringement of personal freedom, but our community has decided to firmly encourage such behaviour and therefore to penalise those that make a different choice; aren't you open to the very criticism you level against those who've been vaccinated - you appear to be claiming you are one of the few to see the emperor isn't wearing any clothes and that your rights are paramount; but you live in a society (your choice) and therefore whilst you may aspire to certain rights you also have obligations to that society.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:10 - Aug 9 with 1898 viewsD_Alien

Anyone would think, reading some of the posts in this thread, that the link between being infected with Covid, rates of hospitalisation and subsequent mortality haven't been almost completely broken by the vaccine

Of course, some vaccinated people will still end up in hospital, and of course, many unvaccinated people won't; but the sheer weight of numbers is overwhelming in terms of the benefits of vaccination both at individual and societal level

Should footballers be required to accept the Covid jabs? No - we live in a free society (in the broadly accepted definition of the term). Should they have sanctions applied if through their reluctance to be vaccinated (other than for medical reasons) their employer is damaged through postponement with resulting financial loss? Absolutely

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:28 - Aug 9 with 1832 viewsR17ALE

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:49 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

I guess you weren't at York years ago when two wonderful Simpkins assists led to 2 goals in a fantastic Dale away win. During the petrol strike. Think Townson scored.

He was shite though!

TVOS will provide details!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:34 - Aug 9 with 1807 viewsTVOS1907

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:28 - Aug 9 by R17ALE

I guess you weren't at York years ago when two wonderful Simpkins assists led to 2 goals in a fantastic Dale away win. During the petrol strike. Think Townson scored.

He was shite though!

It wasn't during the petrol strike. That was a midweek game three years previous.

This is the game in question:

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:34 - Aug 9 with 1807 viewsShun

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:10 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

Anyone would think, reading some of the posts in this thread, that the link between being infected with Covid, rates of hospitalisation and subsequent mortality haven't been almost completely broken by the vaccine

Of course, some vaccinated people will still end up in hospital, and of course, many unvaccinated people won't; but the sheer weight of numbers is overwhelming in terms of the benefits of vaccination both at individual and societal level

Should footballers be required to accept the Covid jabs? No - we live in a free society (in the broadly accepted definition of the term). Should they have sanctions applied if through their reluctance to be vaccinated (other than for medical reasons) their employer is damaged through postponement with resulting financial loss? Absolutely

Absolutely, DA.

Nordenblue, you’ve been treading into tinfoil hat territory at times during this pandemic, but your posts tonight are showing an alarming lack of knowledge, born I suspect from viewing algorithms-calculated social media posts that pander to your preexisting biases.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:56 - Aug 9 with 1726 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:34 - Aug 9 by Shun

Absolutely, DA.

Nordenblue, you’ve been treading into tinfoil hat territory at times during this pandemic, but your posts tonight are showing an alarming lack of knowledge, born I suspect from viewing algorithms-calculated social media posts that pander to your preexisting biases.

Really, or maybe I've just questioned some of the absolute contradictory nonsense while the rest of the folk just lap it all up it seems, while sat at home shaking like a shitting dog frightened to leave their homes.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:59 - Aug 9 with 1717 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 11:53 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

You going, YD?

apparently not, just got the message.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 23:09 - Aug 9 with 1687 viewsTVOS1907

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:59 - Aug 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

apparently not, just got the message.

So you were going?

R17 was looking forward to meeting you.

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 23:10 - Aug 9 with 1684 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 21:52 - Aug 9 by tony_roch975

of course you can but there are consequences of your choices - one of which may be to curtail some of your freedoms; just as the wearing of seat belts is an infringement of personal freedom, but our community has decided to firmly encourage such behaviour and therefore to penalise those that make a different choice; aren't you open to the very criticism you level against those who've been vaccinated - you appear to be claiming you are one of the few to see the emperor isn't wearing any clothes and that your rights are paramount; but you live in a society (your choice) and therefore whilst you may aspire to certain rights you also have obligations to that society.

Wearing a seat belt is a safety feature, it stops you being thrown from a vehicle should a serious accident occur, not an infringement of personal freedom one bit, im not one of the few to question things.

You're assuming I've not been vaccinated,dont make assumptions. I'm not claiming my rights are paramount, I'm saying EVERYONES should be.

Where do we stop with it all,should primary school children not be vaccinated, what about new borns surely they must need it too, should we ban children from flights then if you need a "vaccine passport"to travel?
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 23:13 - Aug 9 with 1679 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:28 - Aug 9 by R17ALE

He was shite though!

Yes I was there both them games, I just think I'm possibly scarred from the other shite I witnessed far too often
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 23:37 - Aug 9 with 1626 viewsD_Alien

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:56 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Really, or maybe I've just questioned some of the absolute contradictory nonsense while the rest of the folk just lap it all up it seems, while sat at home shaking like a shitting dog frightened to leave their homes.

I think you may be referring to many of those who were at Harrogate, and/or will be at the COA next Saturday

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 23:39 - Aug 9 with 1615 viewsShun

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 22:56 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Who’s frightened though? I’ve happily had both my jabs, wore a mask throughout the pandemic, washed my hands often, and I haven’t been frightened at all.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 06:28 - Aug 10 with 1436 viewsJames1980

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law
'You can be fined up to £500 if you don’t wear a seat belt when you’re supposed to.'

TW car crash safety adverts
Seat belts don't just protect the wearer!

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 08:40 - Aug 10 with 1347 viewsD_Alien

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 06:28 - Aug 10 by James1980

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law
'You can be fined up to £500 if you don’t wear a seat belt when you’re supposed to.'

TW car crash safety adverts
Seat belts don't just protect the wearer!

As you rightly highlight James, seatbelts aren't just needed to "stop YOU from being thrown out of a car"

The rest of us folk are, in the main, capable of making informed decisions about our own safety and that of others. Who, or what, will protect us from the ignorant though?

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 09:41 - Aug 10 with 1260 viewsZac_B

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:39 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Exactly, (not aimed at you 442) but the way everyone's queueing up like lemmings for a jab is absolutely amazing to watch, it's like a badge of honour for some to plaster all over social media, you've even got the beauties having had covid and not been rough at all yet still happy to be double jabbed, they've not looked into how the immune system generally works then.

That badge of honour appears to work both ways, with people keen to plaster their anti-vax views all over social media and football forums.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 1218 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 09:41 - Aug 10 by Zac_B

That badge of honour appears to work both ways, with people keen to plaster their anti-vax views all over social media and football forums.

It's amazing that anyone who questions things is automatically in the "anti vax" camp....I've had plenty of vaccines over the years and even a couple pretty recently too, how does that fit in with your pigeonholing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024