Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food 22:49 - Aug 13 with 14690 views_Windydale

Can someone do a review of any food purchased tomorrow?

Be nice to know if it's fine dining or jailhouse slop. Maybe there's a fans favourite

The local caterers serve up food for the flying house and Baum. I hope it's all a gastronomic goal.

Food on 14:21 - Aug 16 with 4617 viewsBrierls

Food on 14:10 - Aug 16 by AtThePeake

Vegan sausage roll was very good and very filling.

My thoughts and prayers are with the innocent plants and seeds that were massacred to feed your filthy habit.
Food on 14:26 - Aug 16 with 4594 viewsAtThePeake

Food on 14:21 - Aug 16 by Brierls

My thoughts and prayers are with the innocent plants and seeds that were massacred to feed your filthy habit.

I only started all of this to decrease the chances of hearing a certain song directed at me from the Sandy Lane but the plan has clearly failed, so... KFC on the way back from Northampton?

Tangled up in blue.

Food on 12:43 - Aug 18 with 4310 viewsEllDale

Decided to roadtest the kiosk in the Sandy under the new regime last night as I was straight from work.
The soup was really good, thick and wholesome.
The cheese and onion pie was excellent as well. Shame that I'd asked for a steak one and only realised when I'd got to my spot on the terraces and bit into it but it was good and much better than last year's offering.
Food on 12:50 - Aug 18 with 4287 viewsMoonyDale

Food on 12:43 - Aug 18 by EllDale

Decided to roadtest the kiosk in the Sandy under the new regime last night as I was straight from work.
The soup was really good, thick and wholesome.
The cheese and onion pie was excellent as well. Shame that I'd asked for a steak one and only realised when I'd got to my spot on the terraces and bit into it but it was good and much better than last year's offering.

I tried a Wigan kebab, steak pie on thick sliced Tiger bread, it was bloody lovely....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Food on 13:03 - Aug 18 with 4237 viewsBrierls

Food on 14:26 - Aug 16 by AtThePeake

I only started all of this to decrease the chances of hearing a certain song directed at me from the Sandy Lane but the plan has clearly failed, so... KFC on the way back from Northampton?

Kentucky Fried Celery?
Food on 13:15 - Aug 18 with 4204 viewsBrierls

Had a Chicken, Ham & Leek pie last night. Very nice.

Wandered to my spot behind the goal to find one of the other lads chomping down on a Tandoori Chicken kebab which looked and smelled superb. That's next on my hit list.

In the interests of balance, somebody else got a Meat & Potato pie and Crispy Chicken kebab and wasn't as impressed. He thought the pie was meaty but bland and the kebab was mostly bread.

I'm not usually one who dabbles with food inside the ground, so it's probably a good sign it piqued my interest. It looks like there's room for improvement but very encouraging in the main.

(I went back for another Chicken, Ham & Leek pie after half time and missed both goals).
Food on 13:27 - Aug 18 with 4173 viewsSpeedy

Samosa Smash Kebab from the Pearl Street last night was very nice.
Food on 13:33 - Aug 18 with 4160 views_Windydale

I tried the food for the first time and it was the samosa smash.

It was a large wrap with lots veg, samosa filling and spices inside a naan. Very filling. I could have had it spicier as I do like abit of heat and maybe a splash sauce. However that's me and I suppose it might go all over the place if its too moist. All wrapped in a foil baton I liked it.

Great menu and am looking forward to trying something else.
Login to get fewer ads

Food on 13:53 - Aug 18 with 4107 viewsFred_Talbot

Had a tandoori chicken kebab last night
Absolutely brilliant
Best thing I’ve ever eaten at a football ground
…and I’ve been to Kidderminster!

Where's Fred?

Food on 14:07 - Aug 18 with 4066 viewsDorkingDale

Food on 18:21 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

OMG... I was expecting some onions in the link,it looks revolting 🤢

Steer clear Chalky - it's vile.

My Grandma used to cook it in milk every week & I used to have to look at it in the window of the UCP when I was queuing up for the bus home from school.

Yuk...
Food on 14:10 - Aug 18 with 4062 viewsDorkingDale

Food on 18:22 - Aug 15 by blackdogblue

You can’t beat a good bit of Tripe 😀

Step 3 is a dripping butty

My in laws have dripping on toast for breakfast at some point over Christmas - think that's a Serf Lorndorn thing....
Food on 14:12 - Aug 18 with 4055 viewsDorkingDale

Food on 22:30 - Aug 15 by Dalenet

Tripe is green when it is raw. So if it offered to you white or translucent it is indeed boiled. But often people would then cook it in milk and onions to try and put come flavour into it. I used to be given it plain, with vinegar and tomatoes.

After you have tried tripe you need to try elder. The tripe stalls used to sell that too. Think ox tongue - but elder is cows udder. Has a texture of spam. I once asked my boss's wife to try it but only told her what it was after she had swallowed it. She spent time over a bucket and I almost lost my job.

Ugh - the green colour must come from the bile juices in the stomach.
Food on 22:39 - Aug 18 with 3831 viewsDalenet

Food on 13:15 - Aug 18 by Brierls

Had a Chicken, Ham & Leek pie last night. Very nice.

Wandered to my spot behind the goal to find one of the other lads chomping down on a Tandoori Chicken kebab which looked and smelled superb. That's next on my hit list.

In the interests of balance, somebody else got a Meat & Potato pie and Crispy Chicken kebab and wasn't as impressed. He thought the pie was meaty but bland and the kebab was mostly bread.

I'm not usually one who dabbles with food inside the ground, so it's probably a good sign it piqued my interest. It looks like there's room for improvement but very encouraging in the main.

(I went back for another Chicken, Ham & Leek pie after half time and missed both goals).

Consensus view around me is that the meat and potato pies aren't great. Nobody has yet tried the steak ones as there were none left
Food on 06:32 - Aug 19 with 3720 viewsBlueMessiah

Food on 13:53 - Aug 18 by Fred_Talbot

Had a tandoori chicken kebab last night
Absolutely brilliant
Best thing I’ve ever eaten at a football ground
…and I’ve been to Kidderminster!

Can only agree, absolutely top drawer!

Poll: Do I Know You?

Food on 23:31 - Aug 27 with 3430 views_Windydale

There were big 40 feet queues in the main stand for food, so words got around that the scran is alreet.

Favourites seemed to be the kebabs as they sold out at 7.40pm. I want to try one of these.

Tried the Chicken and leek and would say I'd give it a 9/10. lots of real chicken, leeks (not that synthetic cube reclaimed meat crap) and great tasting, right texture too, not runny. I'd buy them from the supermarket.

Being a greedy tvvat i got two pies. Tried the meat and tatty pie too. It's alright though it was a bit boring like a graham barrow game, to be honest. Not enough football for me, not enough seasoning and meat. The crust was alright though and again it was pretty firm but there is plenty of other choice.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 22:07]
Food on 23:45 - Aug 27 with 3386 viewsSandyman

Getting addicted to the chicken, leek and ham - they are top drawer pies. Can't comment on the others because the CL&H drags me in every time.
Food on 17:01 - Aug 30 with 2870 viewsDalliance

Had one of the crispy chicken kebabs as well, agree mostly naan bread so didn't enjoy it that much.

Held together well though and didn't end up with sauce dribbling down my coat sleeve.
Food on 18:10 - Aug 30 with 2803 viewsoddjob007

Went to the kiosk in the main stand on around 35 mins.

Only had the samosa smash kebab, a couple of Chicken Balti Pies, a single Steak pie and a stack of cheese and onion.

Went for the chicken balti, eatable but fairly bland and lukewarm. Didn’t upset my gut which was a bonus!

Will give them benefit of the doubt on the availability and choice given it was a Friday night game (I never usually eat at the games!) but the potential choice bodes well and seems like a smart move from the club!
Food on 00:30 - Aug 31 with 2576 viewslyberoc

I had the meat and potato pie , and as others have said it was a little bland and boring, the pastry had a peculiar taste to it too. I was rather pleased it was quite small , it saved me from throwing half of it away . Looking forward to trying the kebabs though , if I can get there before they sell out
Food on 07:29 - Aug 31 with 2508 viewsDaveButt

Food on 18:10 - Aug 30 by oddjob007

Only had the samosa smash kebab, a couple of Chicken Balti Pies, a single Steak pie and a stack of cheese and onion.

Went for the chicken balti, eatable but fairly bland and lukewarm. Didn’t upset my gut which was a bonus!

Will give them benefit of the doubt on the availability and choice given it was a Friday night game (I never usually eat at the games!) but the potential choice bodes well and seems like a smart move from the club!

Bloody hell oddjob you greedy git you must have been starving.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 7:30]
Food on 09:02 - Aug 31 with 2437 viewsboromat

I'm hooked on the chicken ham and leek pie. Bit have also tried the chicken tandoori kebab which was excellent. As others have said its a naan wrap so a lot of bread but they aren't dry so works. The only issue I had was it was messy so be prepared, and if anyone comes up with a good way of eating them please let us all know

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Food on 11:04 - Aug 31 with 2358 views1949er

Food on 09:02 - Aug 31 by boromat

I'm hooked on the chicken ham and leek pie. Bit have also tried the chicken tandoori kebab which was excellent. As others have said its a naan wrap so a lot of bread but they aren't dry so works. The only issue I had was it was messy so be prepared, and if anyone comes up with a good way of eating them please let us all know

I asked my grandad why do pies have a hole in the top. He said so people from wigan can pick up 5 at a time!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Food on 21:35 - Aug 31 with 2147 viewsSandyman

Tried a cheese and onion pie tonight. Again, very tasty and will order one again. As several have said, not hot temperature wise, but Gregg's have made £millions from "they're just warm, love" pasties so it does work. Better than one pie I got at Millmoor years ago at half time. Nearly got 3rd degree burns off it - just about edible at full time. Best Dale catering in years IMHO.
Food on 20:47 - Sep 11 with 1548 viewsJames1980

Sampled the kiosk offering for the first time this afternoon. Had the chicken tandoori wrap which was very tasty decent amount of chicken, good flavour, naan was nice and light and fluffy. Ordered a bottle of coke as well and the lass who served me said that it wasn't very cold which I thought was excellent customer service.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024