Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Li’pool 15:58 - May 28 with 14934 viewssoops

Hated them since 1976, all through the 80’s and beyond. Never celebrated a non QPR goal as much as Michael Thomas’s at Anfield in 89.
As for their self-entitled fans.....
However, got a grudging respect for Klopp and quite like Jordan Henderson. Am I mellowing with old age or are they a bit more likeable these days? I think I want them to win tonight and it’s a weird feeling!
Anyone else’s views?
Li’pool on 11:47 - May 30 with 2988 viewsjoe90

Madness how English fans keep getting treated like this. We never do anything wrong, ever. Foreign police should just let us behave exactly as we want and police us as we see fit. We haven’t caused any issues at all since the 80s, none what so ever. Absolute disgrace, Liverpool have called for an investigations as to why the best fans in the world were treated so badly. I’m sure the French police will be taking this very seriously.
Li’pool on 12:14 - May 30 with 2881 viewsPBLOCK

Li’pool on 11:47 - May 30 by joe90

Madness how English fans keep getting treated like this. We never do anything wrong, ever. Foreign police should just let us behave exactly as we want and police us as we see fit. We haven’t caused any issues at all since the 80s, none what so ever. Absolute disgrace, Liverpool have called for an investigations as to why the best fans in the world were treated so badly. I’m sure the French police will be taking this very seriously.

The problem is the minority have spoilt it for the majority

I did a load of England games late 90’s early 2000’s and me and a few mates made the trip out to Charleroi for England V Germany. We’re having a grand old time and then the atmosphere changed the policing got overly physical and it kicked off massively water cannons etc

Up until this the atmosphere had been good we had been chatting with some German lads and were having a good chat about the match having a few beers all good natured stuff and as it should be

Don’t get me wrong England have some absolute weapons supporting them but the reputation built over the years allow police to go way over the top also other fans are quite up for a ruck as it’s the English etc

Never did another England away game since just don’t want or need the aggro I’m there to watch football have a few beers and enjoy it, but the fact you are an England fan means whether you’re well behaved or not you get lumped in with everyone and they feel they can treat you as they wish
Li’pool on 12:27 - May 30 with 2815 viewsstowmarketrange

Li’pool on 12:14 - May 30 by PBLOCK

The problem is the minority have spoilt it for the majority

I did a load of England games late 90’s early 2000’s and me and a few mates made the trip out to Charleroi for England V Germany. We’re having a grand old time and then the atmosphere changed the policing got overly physical and it kicked off massively water cannons etc

Up until this the atmosphere had been good we had been chatting with some German lads and were having a good chat about the match having a few beers all good natured stuff and as it should be

Don’t get me wrong England have some absolute weapons supporting them but the reputation built over the years allow police to go way over the top also other fans are quite up for a ruck as it’s the English etc

Never did another England away game since just don’t want or need the aggro I’m there to watch football have a few beers and enjoy it, but the fact you are an England fan means whether you’re well behaved or not you get lumped in with everyone and they feel they can treat you as they wish

I haven’t been to any England football away games,but I guess it doesn’t take long for a friendly beer to turn into 10 german bombers and no surrender chants from a few knuckleheads.We even had it during the ashes tour 4 years ago.It was mainly expat football fans on the weekend days in Melbourne and Sydney.
And I guess you never know if any of the locals will decide to try and pick a fight with someone just enjoying a quiet beer.
Li’pool on 12:36 - May 30 with 2791 viewscharmr

I was at the Italia 90 World Cup and following England was a pain in the arse. Boorish idiots the majority. Trapped by a fence in the England end as the Italian police wading in with batons at the Egypt game was frightening and set off a change of thinking. Brought tickets for the Cameroon and Germany game off locals, below face value as they couldn’t get rid of them, and sat in the neutral areas.

The mood swings at games changed as the beer buzz diminished and the game and score were not going right. When Cameroon went 2-1 up England fans in their allocated end just started fighting the Italian police. Watching locals in Turin try to pick pocket some West Ham ICF didn’t go done well either. It was just always edgy at the games and the towns and always one moment away from turning nasty. A while ago granted but I fell still pertinent to today.

I stayed with Italian friends the whole trip in Sardinia and in Rimini. It was just embarrassing when they asked you about it. In Sardinia a local lorry driver took me to the game. Very little conversation happened as you could imagine apart for his huge admiration for Gascoigne.

A few rangers their, a certain Mr swindles and a pleasure hanging out with father and son Gristwood in Sardinia. We were the QPR fans mentioned in Pete Davis book all played out. Mrs Gristwood also taught me to swim.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 12:55]
Li’pool on 13:31 - May 30 with 2629 viewsflynnbo

Li’pool on 12:36 - May 30 by charmr

I was at the Italia 90 World Cup and following England was a pain in the arse. Boorish idiots the majority. Trapped by a fence in the England end as the Italian police wading in with batons at the Egypt game was frightening and set off a change of thinking. Brought tickets for the Cameroon and Germany game off locals, below face value as they couldn’t get rid of them, and sat in the neutral areas.

The mood swings at games changed as the beer buzz diminished and the game and score were not going right. When Cameroon went 2-1 up England fans in their allocated end just started fighting the Italian police. Watching locals in Turin try to pick pocket some West Ham ICF didn’t go done well either. It was just always edgy at the games and the towns and always one moment away from turning nasty. A while ago granted but I fell still pertinent to today.

I stayed with Italian friends the whole trip in Sardinia and in Rimini. It was just embarrassing when they asked you about it. In Sardinia a local lorry driver took me to the game. Very little conversation happened as you could imagine apart for his huge admiration for Gascoigne.

A few rangers their, a certain Mr swindles and a pleasure hanging out with father and son Gristwood in Sardinia. We were the QPR fans mentioned in Pete Davis book all played out. Mrs Gristwood also taught me to swim.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 12:55]

Adrienne's mum?
Li’pool on 15:59 - May 30 with 2476 viewsthemodfather

a work mate went to paris and was in the ground 2hrs before ko, no issues for him but he said there were many locals in red shirts trying to get in.
we know there were forged tickets, why only at lpool end?
why was it only at one end fans climbed over and were pepper sprayed?? for balance
today sky sports reporters said police were heavy handed, they always keep fans away with pepper sprays and many fans were orderly.
then again look at riots at st etienne relegated last night....easy to blame us or rather lpool but as i said above, why only at one end?
scousers say 13 turnstiles at their end only two in use??
also england fans were attacked from all sides when we played in marseilles
Li’pool on 16:15 - May 30 with 2437 viewsParkRoyalR

Li’pool on 15:06 - May 29 by Clive_Anderson

Just seen that they've got their FA and League cup winners parade today on the anniversary of the Heysel disaster.

Appalling insensitivity by Liverpool FC. Shameless.
Li’pool on 09:34 - May 31 with 2075 viewsKonk

Li’pool on 09:05 - May 29 by stevec

Doesn’t appear to have been the same bad policing and organisational chaos at the Forest end.

Sorry, Madrid end.

The Hillsborough disaster was entirely down to the layout of the Leppings Lane end, and Tottenham had serious issues with the same part of the ground in 1981, with serious injuries and fans having to spill over onto the pitch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-27614689.amp

I went there with Spurs, six months before the disaster and the pen that we were in was so packed that we paid a steward extra to get into the seats. I’d been at games at Highbury and the Lane where my feet hadn’t touched the floor all game or even on the way up the steps from the turnstiles, and never felt scared in the way I did at Hillsborough. You come through the gates and then everyone naturally headed to the tunnel in front of you and the central pens. I didn’t even notice there were other entrances into the side pens.

The end Liverpool were allocated was obviously a critical factor in why 97 Liverpool fans died - if they’d been on the Kop, they’d have been on a wide open Terrace rather than crushed into small pens. I expect you know all that, you just wanted to make a clever dig at Liverpool. Here’s hoping your loved ones are never caught up in a crush like that.

Edit: I’m not saying Liverpool should have been given the Kop btw - just that the layout of the Leppings Lane end was obviously the main factor in the deaths of all those Liverpool fans.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 9:55]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Li’pool on 09:46 - May 31 with 2025 viewsSydneyRs

Li’pool on 09:34 - May 31 by Konk

The Hillsborough disaster was entirely down to the layout of the Leppings Lane end, and Tottenham had serious issues with the same part of the ground in 1981, with serious injuries and fans having to spill over onto the pitch.

I went there with Spurs, six months before the disaster and the pen that we were in was so packed that we paid a steward extra to get into the seats. I’d been at games at Highbury and the Lane where my feet hadn’t touched the floor all game or even on the way up the steps from the turnstiles, and never felt scared in the way I did at Hillsborough. You come through the gates and then everyone naturally headed to the tunnel in front of you and the central pens. I didn’t even notice there were other entrances into the side pens.

The end Liverpool were allocated was obviously a critical factor in why 97 Liverpool fans died - if they’d been on the Kop, they’d have been on a wide open Terrace rather than crushed into small pens. I expect you know all that, you just wanted to make a clever dig at Liverpool. Here’s hoping your loved ones are never caught up in a crush like that.

Edit: I’m not saying Liverpool should have been given the Kop btw - just that the layout of the Leppings Lane end was obviously the main factor in the deaths of all those Liverpool fans.

I went to Hillsborough the year before the disaster. Same FA cup semi, same two teams. I was in the Kop end which is where the Forest fans were as I went with a good mate who is a Forest fan.

Got off the train at Sheffield and there were buses there to take us to the ground. Having a ticket for the Forest end I was on a bus with a load of them. Usual pre match mood, singing, bit of drunkenness but no bother.

We got to the ground in plenty of time but for some unknown reason they kept us on the buses for ages. People started to get frustrated. A couple of guys who had obviously had a few pints urinated on the aisle.

When they eventually let us off it was nearly kickoff time, hence a rush for the gates. Inside it was absolutely rammed and did not feel safe at all. I was on one of the crush barriers and, despite supporting Forest, spent the whole first half hoping they wouldn't score as the resulting surge could have been really dangerous.

At half time, people moved around a bit so after that it was ok. This confirmed it was not overcrowding that caused the crush, but the poor handling of getting people into the ground safely.

Football fans are going to be boisterous and maybe have a few beers in them arriving for big games. With proper organisation this doesn't need to be a big problem. What shocked me about the Champs League final, the Europa final and last year's Euro final is how poorly these things are still done at times despite knowing what the consequences can be.
Li’pool on 09:49 - May 31 with 2012 viewsrobith

I will add - I was at the Ireland France game in the 6 Nations at the Stade de France, and the exact same thing happened. They randomly shut all the gates on one side. As the stadium is completely ringed in it quickly developed into a multi thousand crush in which I ended up having a panic attack, took a lot of the edge off the game for me. But I thought at the time, imagine if that had been a football match. Thought it was an isolated incident but there's clearly a systemic issue there
Li’pool on 10:11 - May 31 with 1946 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@SydneyR’s

“With proper organisation this doesn't need to be a big problem“

Absolutely spot on. Is it perhaps a symptom of living in a world where nobody takes responsibility and are rewarded for failure? You get the wrong people making the decisions who will never admit to mistakes, so will never learn.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Li’pool on 10:31 - May 31 with 1910 viewsCamberleyR

Li’pool on 09:34 - May 31 by Konk

EDIT: Just noticed Sydney's post above.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 10:34]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Li’pool on 10:34 - May 31 with 1896 viewsstowmarketrange

Li’pool on 09:49 - May 31 by robith

I will add - I was at the Ireland France game in the 6 Nations at the Stade de France, and the exact same thing happened. They randomly shut all the gates on one side. As the stadium is completely ringed in it quickly developed into a multi thousand crush in which I ended up having a panic attack, took a lot of the edge off the game for me. But I thought at the time, imagine if that had been a football match. Thought it was an isolated incident but there's clearly a systemic issue there

It happened at the England 6 nations game too.Luckily we got in just in time for the ko.But I wish now I’d still been stuck outside and missed the defeat.
Li’pool on 12:24 - Jun 3 with 1476 viewsLadbrokeR

Some horrendous treatment of law abiding fans and the French authorities should be held to account. Honestly can’t stand Liverpool what was it that was said recently tone it down you’re a very good domestic cup team.
Li’pool on 09:33 - Jun 4 with 1269 viewsMrSheen

The embedded video in this report is shocking.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61685718
“Don’t go to the Olympics”.
Li’pool on 09:39 - Jun 4 with 1255 viewsdistortR

Li’pool on 09:33 - Jun 4 by MrSheen

The embedded video in this report is shocking.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61685718
“Don’t go to the Olympics”.

Boris should be asking the French interior minister to resign, using all his moral authority.

What a parade of shit.
Li’pool on 11:09 - Jun 4 with 1171 viewsNortholt_Rs

Not just Liverpool fans:

https://www.skysports.com/share/12626891

And problems last night for the France v Denmark game….
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 11:12]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Li’pool on 12:16 - Jun 4 with 1086 viewsKonk

Li’pool on 11:09 - Jun 4 by Northolt_Rs

Not just Liverpool fans:

https://www.skysports.com/share/12626891

And problems last night for the France v Denmark game….
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 11:12]

So, two posters from this board have first hand experience of organisational/design issues with the Stade de France whilst watching the rugby, and we have footage and official accounts showing locals trying to force their way into Liverpool sections of the ground, leading to gates being shut. Real Madrid and Liverpool both demanding apologies from the French authorities for the chaos around the game, a couple of coppers already sanctioned for inappropriate use of pepper spray whilst people were queuing to get in 2-3 hours before kick-off etc. Now a French govt inquiry to go with the UEFA one. Accounts from a local MP and the regional Mayor, amongst others, of them climbing fences because of crushing owing to gates being shut and fans being forcibly funnelled towards the wrong sector of the ground, where they were being turned-away due to having tickets for another sector. Hence a lot of people bunking over fences to get in the right holding area. Lots of reporting showing ticket holders complaining to the police about this at least a couple of hours before kick-off.

The policing/disorganisation of this event has become a major political issue, which suggests the French recognise it wasn’t simply a case of Scousers trying to bunk in to the game.

I know it would be shame for some, but maybe it wasn’t all Liverpool’s fault, after all?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Li’pool on 12:31 - Jun 4 with 1060 viewsQPunkR

Li’pool on 12:16 - Jun 4 by Konk

So, two posters from this board have first hand experience of organisational/design issues with the Stade de France whilst watching the rugby, and we have footage and official accounts showing locals trying to force their way into Liverpool sections of the ground, leading to gates being shut. Real Madrid and Liverpool both demanding apologies from the French authorities for the chaos around the game, a couple of coppers already sanctioned for inappropriate use of pepper spray whilst people were queuing to get in 2-3 hours before kick-off etc. Now a French govt inquiry to go with the UEFA one. Accounts from a local MP and the regional Mayor, amongst others, of them climbing fences because of crushing owing to gates being shut and fans being forcibly funnelled towards the wrong sector of the ground, where they were being turned-away due to having tickets for another sector. Hence a lot of people bunking over fences to get in the right holding area. Lots of reporting showing ticket holders complaining to the police about this at least a couple of hours before kick-off.

The policing/disorganisation of this event has become a major political issue, which suggests the French recognise it wasn’t simply a case of Scousers trying to bunk in to the game.

I know it would be shame for some, but maybe it wasn’t all Liverpool’s fault, after all?

Lots of different parties at fault for the debacle. There were definitely some Liverpool and Madrid fans jibbing in, but by far the greatest number were local youths. Gangs and gangs of em taking turns to rush turnstiles, having mates allowing them in or just plain scaling the fences - as well as attacking and mugging fans of both teams for hours after the game.
Added to the policing was atrocious before, during and after.

Reasons there weren’t similar scenes at the Madrid end of the ground were that they were directed to come from a different station entirely and the police didn’t close 80% of the entry gates at their end or kettle them alongside a motorway

QPR - "shit but local"

Li’pool on 12:45 - Jun 4 with 1041 viewsNorthernr

If you turn up to a game 2 hours before it starts with a valid ticket and you don’t make the kick off then that’s on the venue, and the police, and it’s fcking disgraceful. It’s not typical Liverpool, typical United, typical England or anything else. It’s fcking disgraceful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024