Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 23:54 - Jul 24 with 2723 viewsKerouac

...is a top class footballer who is being scapegoated, sacrificed on the alter of our, frankly, clueless manager.

Yeah, yeah, I know...what does old Kerouac know? He's never managed in the Championship. Right?

Well I know a little bit. My background in football is solid. I have taken crap teams and turned them into good teams...and I have been watching the Swans 25 years.

It is criminal what some are doing to this boy on this forum, it must affect his confidence.
He has consistently been among the top performers in a Swans shirt for 4 seasons now in the Championship;
- the boy works
- the boy has a brain
- the boy has good technique
- the boy can see a pass and play it under pressure at the crucial time
- the boy takes responsibility and often cleans up team mates' mess.
- the boy can also shoot and score...but this aspect of the game is linked to confidence and he is increasingly struggling in this area of his game.

The reason why the ball is moved slow is because of the way the manager sets the team up and the lack of intelligent movement off the ball...quite frankly, a lot of the players around him aren't quite good enough.
I am sure Piroe is grateful to have Grimes in the team though, even though it seems a large chunk of our fans are not.

Get off his back and start holding the manager accountable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Matt Grimes on 10:21 - Jul 25 with 766 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes on 10:17 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

Apparently Parslow,is right on to him regard’s this .

Good, I hope he moves quickly onto the throw ins as we are useless at them. Plus we all know about goal kicks.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Matt Grimes on 10:25 - Jul 25 with 744 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes on 10:21 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

Good, I hope he moves quickly onto the throw ins as we are useless at them. Plus we all know about goal kicks.

I can’t see that changing mate.
I know …

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matt Grimes on 10:35 - Jul 25 with 725 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes on 10:25 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

I can’t see that changing mate.
I know …

We can but hope.

Matt Grimes on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 696 viewsCatullus

Matt Grimes on 02:31 - Jul 25 by Badlands

.is a top class footballer who is being scapegoated, sacrificed on the alter of our, frankly, clueless manager
Not a top class footballer… solid but slow
How is he being made a scapegoat?
Martin has retained him as captain, played him every game and always praised him so to say he is being sacrificed by a clueless manager is just silly.

Not to forget that Grimes was exactlythe same under Cooper. no sucess at set pieces, slow to pass forwards and often way too deep. I guess that was Coopers fault then.

Martin's biggest clueless decision has been sticking with Grimes who clearly doesn't work the way we need him too. Downes looked much better and now we have Joe back.

Maybe the biggest indicator is that when we were happy to sell him and he wanted to leave, absolutely nobody else wanted him so hardly a "top class" footballer"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Matt Grimes on 11:16 - Jul 25 with 690 viewsRichardO

Set pieces need to be a bit proactive if the opposition is in disarray or not switched on, then the players need to be able to make judgement calls for quick set pieces instead of waiting until we are properly organised which usually allows the opposition to set up their defensive shape.
Matt Grimes on 13:06 - Jul 25 with 635 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Matt Grimes is a technically very decent player held back by his one real, but rather large fault- for whatever reason, he cannot or will not use his right foot unless he absolutely has to. I've lost count of the amount of times I have seen our side to side momentum crippled by his lack of confidence to spray a 20 yard ball out the advancing rwb with his right foot.

I like him in our midfield but it's clear for all to see he slows some patterns of play down (side-to side for example). On the other hand, he can speed us up at times with his range of passing.

I know we all joke about his set pieces but they're not awful- all the time. The fact he's still on set pieces most of the time is more of an indictment of us as a team than anything else.
Matt Grimes on 13:14 - Jul 25 with 632 viewsKerouac

We are terrible at set pieces as a team.
You can put a great ball across the box, if nobody is attacking it aggressively or has the ability to direct a header on target, you won't score much.

I'd perhaps consider letting Piroe take direct free-kicks within shooting distance and let Grimes take the crosses and the shots that are better suited to a left-footer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Matt Grimes on 13:20 - Jul 25 with 630 viewsonehunglow

Russ must spend all his time on open play and none of set plays. It is the often less pretty teams that kill us with a simple set play ,after we have had 70% possession which comes to nowt.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 13:30 - Jul 25 with 621 viewskrunchykarrot

Matt Grimes on 13:20 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Russ must spend all his time on open play and none of set plays. It is the often less pretty teams that kill us with a simple set play ,after we have had 70% possession which comes to nowt.

HO OHL, did you think our set up first half v Charlton was worth the experiment. Second half back to normal although Pato was still quiet. We really need to put another yard on and give us the wide option from defensive positions instead of putting us on the hurry up in our own box. This has Grimes running back and blindly turning it around the corner, this will get picked off if we keep on as teams are onto us now. Blacket was a good example.
Matt Grimes on 14:14 - Jul 25 with 587 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes on 13:30 - Jul 25 by krunchykarrot

HO OHL, did you think our set up first half v Charlton was worth the experiment. Second half back to normal although Pato was still quiet. We really need to put another yard on and give us the wide option from defensive positions instead of putting us on the hurry up in our own box. This has Grimes running back and blindly turning it around the corner, this will get picked off if we keep on as teams are onto us now. Blacket was a good example.

Ho.
Im looking forward to the end of season

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes on 14:18 - Jul 25 with 584 viewsmagicdaps10

How about Conegrove on set pieces when he plays?
Seems to have a sweet left foot and judging from the Charlton game, composure is something he also poseses.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Matt Grimes on 15:38 - Jul 25 with 535 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Matt Grimes on 13:14 - Jul 25 by Kerouac

We are terrible at set pieces as a team.
You can put a great ball across the box, if nobody is attacking it aggressively or has the ability to direct a header on target, you won't score much.

I'd perhaps consider letting Piroe take direct free-kicks within shooting distance and let Grimes take the crosses and the shots that are better suited to a left-footer.

Even Manning would be an option he’s got one hell of a strike on him. Or perhaps Naughton who only scores screamers.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Matt Grimes on 16:07 - Jul 25 with 509 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes on 14:14 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Ho.
Im looking forward to the end of season

That still doesn't stop you moaning.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 16:16]

Matt Grimes on 16:34 - Jul 25 with 482 viewsGixerJack

Matt Grimes on 09:36 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Seconded, one swallow does not make a summer.

It made the summer of 1981 for me
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024