Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne brown 17:43 - Sep 18 with 8330 viewsburnsieespana

Has been sacked short time ago!
Wayne brown on 17:47 - Sep 18 with 4245 viewsmfb_cufc

Brilliant news.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/september/club-statement---wayne-brown/

mfb

Wayne brown on 17:51 - Sep 18 with 4230 viewsnoah4x4

Humes Out!
Wayne brown on 17:59 - Sep 18 with 4222 viewsburnsieespana

Wayne brown on 17:51 - Sep 18 by noah4x4

Humes Out!

Humes will never go, sadly.
Wayne brown on 18:03 - Sep 18 with 4210 viewsLeadbelly

Relieved of his role as first team coach rather than sacked. As we’ve seen several times in the past few years, Cowling prefers to “recycle” those relieved of their role rather than sack them. It will be no surprise if Brown joins the recruitment team and we have another internal appointment as first team coach. “We go again” as someone once said.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Wayne brown on 18:17 - Sep 18 with 4187 viewsburnsieespana

Orient have shown what can happen with the right Manager selected.
Reality is any Manager available had already been sacked by somebody else!
Wayne brown on 19:14 - Sep 18 with 4145 viewsgerry_us

We can only hope with Brown gone that the Boss will look for a recognised manager outside of the "clan". Only in this way will we get new ideas of how to operate what is a pretty good squad, but latterly poorly managed.
Let us all hopefully hear positive news in the coming days that will set us on the right track for three points Saturday.
Wayne brown on 20:15 - Sep 18 with 4099 viewsdurham_exile

What an absolute shambles.
Brown had to go and also Humes but Humes is safer than the Bank of England.

I dislike Everton but I watched their post match celebrations and it was superb. Great emotion players joining in with selfies and so on.

That feeling is what we have lost at Colchester.

The squad we have is good enough for top seven and yet we continually struggle it is embarrassing.

Up the U's

The only way is up.

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 20:26 - Sep 18 with 4090 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62949869

Spot on assessment from the BBC

Login to get fewer ads

Wayne brown on 20:31 - Sep 18 with 4088 viewsthrillseeker

I expect Cole Skuse or Luke Chambers to be appointed next manager.

I hope I am wrong and am really hoping it is an outside appointment
Wayne brown on 20:43 - Sep 18 with 4078 viewswessex_exile

The best football managers in the world all have to start somewhere. I would prefer new blood coming in, someone with a proven track record, but most (maybe all?) of the good ones will already be in employment elsewhere. As the elder statesman of the squad, I would like to think Skuse would have the immediate support of the dressing room, and it's been a while since we had a player-manager (Big Roy the last one?), so we could do worse. Still though, a massive gamble by Robbie on an untried manager, and with our very existence as a league side the stake.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wayne brown on 21:21 - Sep 18 with 4053 viewsthrillseeker

Wayne brown on 20:43 - Sep 18 by wessex_exile

The best football managers in the world all have to start somewhere. I would prefer new blood coming in, someone with a proven track record, but most (maybe all?) of the good ones will already be in employment elsewhere. As the elder statesman of the squad, I would like to think Skuse would have the immediate support of the dressing room, and it's been a while since we had a player-manager (Big Roy the last one?), so we could do worse. Still though, a massive gamble by Robbie on an untried manager, and with our very existence as a league side the stake.

Totally disagree - the current set up and staff/ players associated with it are part of the problem.

We need someone from outside with no connection to the club who is NOT associated with the failings over the last 10 years.

Happy to take a punt on a first time manager if not connected to club.
Wayne brown on 21:27 - Sep 18 with 4048 viewsFruitbat

Wayne brown on 20:43 - Sep 18 by wessex_exile

Burley, I think, was the last player-manager we had. Played 7 games.

I have a vague recollection that Parky did actually register as a player in his first season in charge but didn't play any games. Wouldn't swear to it though.
Wayne brown on 22:09 - Sep 18 with 4028 viewswessex_exile

Wayne brown on 21:21 - Sep 18 by thrillseeker

Totally disagree - the current set up and staff/ players associated with it are part of the problem.

We need someone from outside with no connection to the club who is NOT associated with the failings over the last 10 years.

Happy to take a punt on a first time manager if not connected to club.

I don't actually think we disagree TS - like I said, I'd prefer new blood for the manager, just I don't think Skuse is 'tainted' with the internal appointment badge right now. Fiscally, it makes sense, a kind of two for the price of one option, but as an untried managerial appointment, it would be a massive gamble. It might work, but if it doesn't, doom (and Scumend) await. I'd rather we didn't risk it if I'm honest, but it might work? Whatever Robbie decides, I suspect it'll be before next Saturday, so the new manager whoever they may be at least has the best chance of a new manager 'bounce' against one of the few teams actually below us right now.

Up the U's

Wayne brown on 22:17 - Sep 18 with 4024 viewswessex_exile

Wayne brown on 21:27 - Sep 18 by Fruitbat

Burley, I think, was the last player-manager we had. Played 7 games.

I have a vague recollection that Parky did actually register as a player in his first season in charge but didn't play any games. Wouldn't swear to it though.

Forgot about Burley, but I think you're right about Parky, he was registered as a player in his early days here, but unless he turned out in a minor competition, I don't think he ever played for the U's?

Up the U's

Wayne brown on 23:44 - Sep 18 with 3970 viewsdurham_exile

Alan Hunter played for the U's and also managed the club
I well remember walking to the ground and met a dozen or so supporters who had travelled from Northern Ireland to watch Hunter play.

I fully support the desire to bring fresh blood in the form of an outside appointment.

Problem is I don't know who.

Would a former big name come to the club someone with the ability to get the best out of our squad and play some attacking football.

We have had over 13 years of decline it is simply not good enough.

Will we get someone new before the weekend it's a big ask or will JD get a temporary caretaker role.

One thing is sure the merry go round of one manager a year must stop and we need expertise to take the club forward.

We have the squad that I believe can achieve promotion we just need the man to lead the team with desire ability craft and football expertise.

Our club deserves better than the dross that has been served up for years.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 00:44 - Sep 19 with 3959 viewsghughes11

Next Manager Odds:

Paul Tisdale 4/1
Kenny Jackett 4/1
David Artell 4/1
John McGreal 6/1
Joe Dunne 6/1
Graham Alexander 8/1
Jobi McAnuff 12/1
Darren Ferguson 12/1
Jonathan Woodgate 12/1
Marc Bircham 12/1
Phil Brown 14/1
Robbie Simpson 14/1
Mike Williamson 16/1
Daryl McMahon 16/1
Nathan Rooney 20/1
Aidy Boothroyd 20/1
Chis Hughton 20/1
Nigel Adkins 20/1
Michael Jolley 20/1
Robbie Fowler 25/1
Paul Hartley 25/1
Sol Campbell 25/1

My money is on the Tea Lady but with odds of 1/100 I'm not due to quit my job and retire anytime soon!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Wayne brown on 09:45 - Sep 19 with 3869 viewsRokerite

Wayne brown on 00:44 - Sep 19 by ghughes11

Next Manager Odds:

Paul Tisdale 4/1
Kenny Jackett 4/1
David Artell 4/1
John McGreal 6/1
Joe Dunne 6/1
Graham Alexander 8/1
Jobi McAnuff 12/1
Darren Ferguson 12/1
Jonathan Woodgate 12/1
Marc Bircham 12/1
Phil Brown 14/1
Robbie Simpson 14/1
Mike Williamson 16/1
Daryl McMahon 16/1
Nathan Rooney 20/1
Aidy Boothroyd 20/1
Chis Hughton 20/1
Nigel Adkins 20/1
Michael Jolley 20/1
Robbie Fowler 25/1
Paul Hartley 25/1
Sol Campbell 25/1

My money is on the Tea Lady but with odds of 1/100 I'm not due to quit my job and retire anytime soon!

That is an uninspiring list. My choice, and I realise I'll be ridiculed for it, would be Sol Campbell. He's had two managerial posts and had the financial rug pulled from under his feet at both. At Macclesfield he succeeded despite this but at Southend it proved too big an obstacle to overcome. Their subsequent accelerated slide has shown how deep the malaise was there. If he succeeds with you, which I believe he would, I'd imagine it would be particularly galling for fans of The Shrimpers. If not Campbell I'd go for David Artell.
Wayne brown on 10:11 - Sep 19 with 3853 viewsdurham_exile

A very interesting list

I would favour either Kenny Jacket ot Darren Ferguson.

But will they come.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 10:20 - Sep 19 with 3850 viewsburnsieespana

Can't see Darren Ferguson coming but he might see it as a stepping stone as he knows fair bit about our youth set up anymore than I can see John McG returning.
For me Kenny Jackett
After Tisdale's poor performance last season
am not convinced as his record since leaving Exeter not the best
See Bothroyd on the list as well so do wonder how this sort of list is drawn up!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 10:31]
Wayne brown on 10:26 - Sep 19 with 3844 viewsFruitbat

Wayne brown on 10:11 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

A very interesting list

I would favour either Kenny Jacket ot Darren Ferguson.

But will they come.

Up the U's

I'd take Ferguson. He has a track record of playing effective football and getting his side promoted (although he then usually gets them relegated again).

Artell did very good things at Crewe initially, with young players and no budget. It rather fell apart after they got promoted though.

Doubt very much we could afford Adkins or Hughton.

And a hard no to McGreal. There's a lot of revisionist history about him. Just because his successors have been worse doesn't make him good.

It won't be any of them of course.
Wayne brown on 10:31 - Sep 19 with 3838 viewsRokerite

Wayne brown on 10:20 - Sep 19 by burnsieespana

Can't see Darren Ferguson coming but he might see it as a stepping stone as he knows fair bit about our youth set up anymore than I can see John McG returning.
For me Kenny Jackett
After Tisdale's poor performance last season
am not convinced as his record since leaving Exeter not the best
See Bothroyd on the list as well so do wonder how this sort of list is drawn up!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 10:31]

I agree with you regarding Tisdale but would put Jackett in the same bracket. His latter time at Pompey was unimpressive and his last job at Orient was a dismal failure.
Wayne brown on 10:41 - Sep 19 with 3833 viewsthrillseeker

Wayne brown on 00:44 - Sep 19 by ghughes11

Next Manager Odds:

Paul Tisdale 4/1
Kenny Jackett 4/1
David Artell 4/1
John McGreal 6/1
Joe Dunne 6/1
Graham Alexander 8/1
Jobi McAnuff 12/1
Darren Ferguson 12/1
Jonathan Woodgate 12/1
Marc Bircham 12/1
Phil Brown 14/1
Robbie Simpson 14/1
Mike Williamson 16/1
Daryl McMahon 16/1
Nathan Rooney 20/1
Aidy Boothroyd 20/1
Chis Hughton 20/1
Nigel Adkins 20/1
Michael Jolley 20/1
Robbie Fowler 25/1
Paul Hartley 25/1
Sol Campbell 25/1

An uninspiring list but sadly at this moment we are an uninspiring club.

Aidy Boothroyd

Paul Hartley - hasn't he just been discarded by Hartlepool?

I am in shock Cole Skuse & Luke Chambers are not listed - definitely don't want them though.
Wayne brown on 10:54 - Sep 19 with 3820 viewsLeadbelly

If it’s not another internal appointment (99%) it will be whomever is prepared to show due deference to the DoF (1%).

Wayne brown on 11:45 - Sep 19 with 3798 viewsbwildered

Let’s not forget WB, TWICE, helped oversee our League status when required, and also was in charge in our first victory in 70 years at the home of the Tractorboys.
I do however think he has a vital role to play within the club by returning to Maldon and Tiptree and oversee progressing the club ( up two levels ) so that our academy players have a easier route to first team, which at present is lacking, due to many being outsourced to others.

The Chairman must rest the predicament of another internal appointment and employ someone with greater experience than those within the structure in the club, which we all know has been a catalogue of failure and negativity, which has given only consistency in a steady progression of our final league placements in the wrong direction over many a season.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Wayne brown on 19:43 - Sep 19 with 3647 viewsLeadbelly

Luke Garrard from Boreham Wood now 2/1 in the betting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024