Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? 11:41 - Nov 14 with 8008 viewsSandanista

Islam, Christianity and Judaism have largely the same roots and basis-religions that dictate your choices in life.These religions have caused much conflict and bloodshed, usually between each other or sects of the same religion.

Should all religion be banned and we move forward with humanist and general moral principles? Or should we allow religion if fully tolerant and supportive of others-as some forms of Buddishm and elements of Sikh doctrine. Or should we ban the notion of all 'sky faries'.

Interested to know thoughts.
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:58 - Nov 16 with 1179 viewsmart66

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:28 - Nov 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We do know though. There’s absolutely no evidence of an afterlife and people have tried for millennia to find some.

In fact if there were an afterlife the dead people on the planet would still be around to tell the tale. The fact that the tale has never been told suggests strongly that the dead aren’t around to tell it.

Having no evidence doesn’t mean we know it doesn’t exist - it means we don’t know if it does. It’s a huge difference.

There is no evidence of other life in the vastness of space for example, but would be silly to say that means we know it doesn’t exist. The likelihood (based on sheer probability) is that it probably does and it’s only our lack of ability as humans to find or see it.

I am not saying I believe in an afterlife, I’d probably say I don’t. But I wouldn’t profess to knowing either way with any degree of absolute certainty. Nobody can until the time comes.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 23:39 - Nov 16 with 1156 viewsPawelAbbott

If you look at where religion started with understanding of the seasons, different gods to explain different things etc to what we ended up with, eternal damnation, forgiveness for sins.
Then you can almost see the thousands of years or marketing campaigns.
Follow this, donate your gains to us and you will receive an eternity of wonderous existence.
You don't get a stronger marketing message than that. It's finely tuned over millenia.
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 03:36 - Nov 17 with 1147 viewsfbreath

For a lot of people religion is like a supporters club. Instead of supporting the Swans and singing at the stadium and talking to their friends about the Swans etc. They sing and talk about their religion.

The fact god is involved is just a side show. It gives people something to do and meet up with like minded people.

The people at the top make the money just like every other set up.

There are some extremists but the average Joe is just following the rules. Extreme religions are very controlling using mind controlling techniques. You can see it in the tv evangelist programmes.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 09:37 - Nov 17 with 1118 viewsonehunglow

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 03:36 - Nov 17 by fbreath

For a lot of people religion is like a supporters club. Instead of supporting the Swans and singing at the stadium and talking to their friends about the Swans etc. They sing and talk about their religion.

The fact god is involved is just a side show. It gives people something to do and meet up with like minded people.

The people at the top make the money just like every other set up.

There are some extremists but the average Joe is just following the rules. Extreme religions are very controlling using mind controlling techniques. You can see it in the tv evangelist programmes.

Very good post.
It is fanatical.
It takes over everything and everyone
My father was one for fully 60 years . He got converted at a Billy Graham gig and our lives changed overnight .
All he wanted from the age of 70 was to be at the foot of the Cross with Jesus.
Catholics were basically devils who ,with their obsession with crossing themselves ,took the glory away from Jesus on Calvary .

It turned me off all religion forever

Stay well clear and love one another instead

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 09:49 - Nov 17 with 1120 viewsunion_jack

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 23:39 - Nov 16 by PawelAbbott

If you look at where religion started with understanding of the seasons, different gods to explain different things etc to what we ended up with, eternal damnation, forgiveness for sins.
Then you can almost see the thousands of years or marketing campaigns.
Follow this, donate your gains to us and you will receive an eternity of wonderous existence.
You don't get a stronger marketing message than that. It's finely tuned over millenia.

When religion started there was absolutely zero scientific knowledge to back up day to day ‘miracles’. They used the existence of a higher being to explain why the sun came up every day and crops grew with the rain.it was quite understandable because even today, whether you’re are religious or not and with all the scientific explanations, you still have to wonder how and why we are on this small piece of rock!

Of course, the natural progression would then be to use their belief as a stick to beat people with. If you don’t toe the line the almighty will strike you down. Not so crazy really.

I’m not a bit religious by the way but it doesn’t mean to say I don’t take a step back every now and then and ponder over our existence.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:04 - Nov 17 with 1069 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:58 - Nov 16 by mart66

Having no evidence doesn’t mean we know it doesn’t exist - it means we don’t know if it does. It’s a huge difference.

There is no evidence of other life in the vastness of space for example, but would be silly to say that means we know it doesn’t exist. The likelihood (based on sheer probability) is that it probably does and it’s only our lack of ability as humans to find or see it.

I am not saying I believe in an afterlife, I’d probably say I don’t. But I wouldn’t profess to knowing either way with any degree of absolute certainty. Nobody can until the time comes.

That analogy doesn’t quite work because we already have evidence of life in the universe which is the abundance of it on Earth. So although we’ve never seen evidence of it elsewhere we can confidently hypothesise that if the conditions of Earth are replicated elsewhere then the conditions for life are likely. Of course we don’t currently have the tools to test this hypothesis so we can’t prove or disprove it but we do know that life is possible. It exists.

If there were an afterlife then dinosaur ghosts would be running around all over the place. Worm ghosts, tree ghosts. Or is it only humans that get to exist forever. It’s just a ludicrous concept

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:23 - Nov 17 with 1065 viewsWingstandwood

The in-fighting amongst Christians is farcical, the Presbyterian lot (and others!) are extremely apt at being haters of others that do not belong to the same denomination, despite believing in and worshiping God.

Apparently many Presbyterians think that they are the only one's that represent true Christianity and biblical interpretation. Hence why they were every bit as bad at creating problems and division during the Northern Ireland troubles. Protestant v Catholic =' one as bad as the other!

According to them Northern Ireland's Catholicism is 'idolatry' and sinful, the reason for that is Catholicism's love of statues of Mary and fan-worship of the Pope when he appears at stadiums, the Vatican balcony and going amongst adoring crowds inside his Pope-Mobile.

Jehovah's witnesses are heretics according to some Christians also, because they reject the 'Trinity' i.e. father, son and holy ghost. The trinity means that Jesus is (incarnation) God!

Then there are Mormons who are also deemed heretics because their bible is "The Book Of Mormon".

So folks, please worship and belong to exactly the right camp, because if you do not not? You are going to hell according to a rival lot down the road, whom I guess are not to happy at losing collection plate revenue to rival competition!

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:00 - Nov 17 with 1045 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:04 - Nov 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That analogy doesn’t quite work because we already have evidence of life in the universe which is the abundance of it on Earth. So although we’ve never seen evidence of it elsewhere we can confidently hypothesise that if the conditions of Earth are replicated elsewhere then the conditions for life are likely. Of course we don’t currently have the tools to test this hypothesis so we can’t prove or disprove it but we do know that life is possible. It exists.

If there were an afterlife then dinosaur ghosts would be running around all over the place. Worm ghosts, tree ghosts. Or is it only humans that get to exist forever. It’s just a ludicrous concept

People do claim to have seen animal ghosts though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 10:56 - Nov 18 with 1018 viewsunion_jack

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:04 - Nov 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

You are right, it is ludicrous but you have to admit that there are things that happen that have no normal explanation. Some are hoaxes, but all of them?

People want to believe because it gives them meaning for their existence and hope that they will be reunited with love ones on death.

I’m more worried about bumping into someone I couldn’t stand whilst alive😂

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:22 - Nov 18 with 1011 viewsonehunglow

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:23 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

The in-fighting amongst Christians is farcical, the Presbyterian lot (and others!) are extremely apt at being haters of others that do not belong to the same denomination, despite believing in and worshiping God.

Apparently many Presbyterians think that they are the only one's that represent true Christianity and biblical interpretation. Hence why they were every bit as bad at creating problems and division during the Northern Ireland troubles. Protestant v Catholic =' one as bad as the other!

According to them Northern Ireland's Catholicism is 'idolatry' and sinful, the reason for that is Catholicism's love of statues of Mary and fan-worship of the Pope when he appears at stadiums, the Vatican balcony and going amongst adoring crowds inside his Pope-Mobile.

Jehovah's witnesses are heretics according to some Christians also, because they reject the 'Trinity' i.e. father, son and holy ghost. The trinity means that Jesus is (incarnation) God!

Then there are Mormons who are also deemed heretics because their bible is "The Book Of Mormon".

So folks, please worship and belong to exactly the right camp, because if you do not not? You are going to hell according to a rival lot down the road, whom I guess are not to happy at losing collection plate revenue to rival competition!

Baptists pip for them for this reason alone
Baptism.
Only fully immersing in water is baptism which what John the Baptist did to Jesus.
It is also a fact no Baptist church has crosses,which is defined as idolitry. If you tHen consider C@tholic obsession with the cross and death of Jesus then 6th have the root cause of. The Irish conundrum.

It really is all,about religion and Ireland alone should have seen us learn our lesson by now.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:45 - Nov 18 with 1005 viewsmart66

But we have no evidence of life ‘outside’ earth.

My point being the absence of evidence in either direction, isn’t proof that something doesn’t exist, it’s proof that we don’t know.

You are assuming the afterlife is a physical manifestation on earth in the same shape and form as the body.

Energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred - if that energy has consciousness, nobody knows. I’d say it’s very unlikely, but I can’t claim to know either way.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:54 - Nov 18 with 1001 viewsWingstandwood

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:22 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Baptists pip for them for this reason alone
Baptism.
Only fully immersing in water is baptism which what John the Baptist did to Jesus.
It is also a fact no Baptist church has crosses,which is defined as idolitry. If you tHen consider C@tholic obsession with the cross and death of Jesus then 6th have the root cause of. The Irish conundrum.

It really is all,about religion and Ireland alone should have seen us learn our lesson by now.

It's crazy how many think "ONLY my type of Christianity and my church" is legitimate and the rest of you are all sinners and heretics. .

It's all a contradiction and utter hypocrisy when they go on about forgiveness and love. There may be a lot of in-fighting in heaven when they get there?

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:50 - Nov 18 with 993 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:00 - Nov 17 by Catullus

People do claim to have seen animal ghosts though.

Mad people no doubt.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:50 - Nov 18 with 990 viewsonehunglow

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:54 - Nov 18 by Wingstandwood

It's crazy how many think "ONLY my type of Christianity and my church" is legitimate and the rest of you are all sinners and heretics. .

It's all a contradiction and utter hypocrisy when they go on about forgiveness and love. There may be a lot of in-fighting in heaven when they get there?

My father used to say….The Bible says ….
Therefore what is read in the Bible is right .
Sadly, the interpretation of the word is fundamental.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:20 - Nov 18 with 983 viewsunion_jack

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:45 - Nov 18 by mart66

But we have no evidence of life ‘outside’ earth.

My point being the absence of evidence in either direction, isn’t proof that something doesn’t exist, it’s proof that we don’t know.

You are assuming the afterlife is a physical manifestation on earth in the same shape and form as the body.

Energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred - if that energy has consciousness, nobody knows. I’d say it’s very unlikely, but I can’t claim to know either way.

If you believe in the concept of an infinite space and universe then statistically the chance of life elsewhere is 100%.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:46 - Nov 18 with 949 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 11:54 - Nov 18 by Wingstandwood

I often wonder how they justify Christianity at all, where did their god suddenly come from because for a very long time it didn't exist where many other gods did.

You may as well believe in the Norse gods or those of the Hittites. They are just as valid as the Christian god, or other religions where Jesus is also a prophet.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:10 - Nov 18 with 920 viewsWingstandwood

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:46 - Nov 18 by Catullus

I often wonder how they justify Christianity at all, where did their god suddenly come from because for a very long time it didn't exist where many other gods did.

You may as well believe in the Norse gods or those of the Hittites. They are just as valid as the Christian god, or other religions where Jesus is also a prophet.

Aye, not many realise that Jesus in the Koran is but Mary's son, and not God's!

Indeed In that book he has only prophet status. I only found that out many years after leaving school. Crazy to think that even when it comes to a central figure like Jesus Christ that some Christian denominations cannot even find agreement about him amongst themselves.....Then the Muslims enter the fray by signing up to make matters even worse.

I only found by reading this topic-thread that Baptists are rather adverse to the cross and crucifixes just like Count Dracula. It's crazy the way that people of religion can argue against each others beliefs!!!! Only God knows who is batting for the right side?

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 17:33 - Nov 19 with 860 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:10 - Nov 18 by Wingstandwood

Aye, not many realise that Jesus in the Koran is but Mary's son, and not God's!

Indeed In that book he has only prophet status. I only found that out many years after leaving school. Crazy to think that even when it comes to a central figure like Jesus Christ that some Christian denominations cannot even find agreement about him amongst themselves.....Then the Muslims enter the fray by signing up to make matters even worse.

I only found by reading this topic-thread that Baptists are rather adverse to the cross and crucifixes just like Count Dracula. It's crazy the way that people of religion can argue against each others beliefs!!!! Only God knows who is batting for the right side?

What if there is a god and he/she/it/they are up there laughing at our stupidity?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 17:45 - Nov 19 with 857 viewsWingstandwood

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 17:33 - Nov 19 by Catullus

What if there is a god and he/she/it/they are up there laughing at our stupidity?

Aye, because at the end of the day, only God can know what interpretation of the Bible is correct and which way to act as a Christian is correct also... Ironically some of these unwitting hateful Christian hypocrites of differing denomination could very well be judged heretics themselves. Because only one denomination/tribe can be correct?

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 18:12 - Nov 19 with 851 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 17:45 - Nov 19 by Wingstandwood

Aye, because at the end of the day, only God can know what interpretation of the Bible is correct and which way to act as a Christian is correct also... Ironically some of these unwitting hateful Christian hypocrites of differing denomination could very well be judged heretics themselves. Because only one denomination/tribe can be correct?

I still choose to believe that if there is a god it's mother nature. She provides us with all we need after all.

Our big mistake is always trying to control nature instead of living with it.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:49 - Nov 20 with 809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Doesn’t global capitalism have a far more restrictive impact on a persons choices? And has killed millions surround the globe in the pursuit of greed and nearly destroyed the planet?

And morality and humanism were depicted as the Bolshevik revolution’s answer to religion that slaughtered millions in the name of “equality “.

What’s your view on paganism which definitely believes in pixies of many sorts?

Or esotericism and magic practices? Freemasonry, alchemy and other esoteric movements?

And you are definitely wrong about Islam - it hijacked, plagiarized and misrepresented the Bible (but also mainly in apocryphal stories) in order to gain converts from both Judaism and Christianity and when that failed just murdered their adherents (not to mention the subcontinent which arguably suffered the worst religious genocides the world has ever known).

Your view of religion and spirituality has to seem to me to be prejudiced at best if you’re going to relate Judeo Christianity with “sky pixies”? It would seem do not steal from one another and love one another, don’t kill one another could be good for mankind in general?

I think all the above have their own belief systems but the question really should be - what are the least harmful and most beneficial for the future of mankind?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:02 - Nov 20 with 790 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:49 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Doesn’t global capitalism have a far more restrictive impact on a persons choices? And has killed millions surround the globe in the pursuit of greed and nearly destroyed the planet?

And morality and humanism were depicted as the Bolshevik revolution’s answer to religion that slaughtered millions in the name of “equality “.

Or esotericism and magic practices? Freemasonry, alchemy and other esoteric movements?

And you are definitely wrong about Islam - it hijacked, plagiarized and misrepresented the Bible (but also mainly in apocryphal stories) in order to gain converts from both Judaism and Christianity and when that failed just murdered their adherents (not to mention the subcontinent which arguably suffered the worst religious genocides the world has ever known).

Your view of religion and spirituality has to seem to me to be prejudiced at best if you’re going to relate Judeo Christianity with “sky pixies”? It would seem do not steal from one another and love one another, don’t kill one another could be good for mankind in general?

I think all the above have their own belief systems but the question really should be - what are the least harmful and most beneficial for the future of mankind?

What does global capitalism prevent me from doing?

On the other hand the church used to presecute and murder people who stepped outside its teachings.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:43 - Nov 20 with 779 viewsmart66

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:20 - Nov 18 by union_jack

If you believe in the concept of an infinite space and universe then statistically the chance of life elsewhere is 100%.

That would be the same for religion. If you believe in the concept of religion then there being a God is 100%.

Nobody knows that space is infinite, it’s what we assume to the best of our current abilities (which aren’t very extensive). It’s an unproven theory.

We know so little as a species, to think we do would be a huge error of judgement. So while I have my own assumptions, I will never definitively say something does or doesn’t exist when it’s clearly out of the realms of knowledge for humanity.

Do I think there is a God? Probably not.

Could there be? 25 years ago if someone told you that you would have a device that you could access all of humanities knowledge (phone/Google) at the palm of your hand. You would have laughed at them. We know nothing.

I rule nothing out until I can.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:58 - Nov 20 with 773 viewsmart66

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:49 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Capitalism is the most freeing of financial set ups. You may be getting confused with socialism or communism.

Ask someone in London how free they feel, then ask someone in North Korea or Venezuela.

Capitalism allows the freedom of expression and thought, gives anyone the autonomy to direct their own financial futures and promotes entrepreneurship and innovation which improves the lives of even the poor and raises everyone’s standard of living.

The amount of people against capitalism which have a phone, use social media, enjoy their Starbucks coffee and going out to global food chins etc I always find amusing.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:38 - Nov 27 with 681 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:58 - Nov 20 by mart66

Capitalism is the most freeing of financial set ups. You may be getting confused with socialism or communism.

Ask someone in London how free they feel, then ask someone in North Korea or Venezuela.

Capitalism allows the freedom of expression and thought, gives anyone the autonomy to direct their own financial futures and promotes entrepreneurship and innovation which improves the lives of even the poor and raises everyone’s standard of living.

The amount of people against capitalism which have a phone, use social media, enjoy their Starbucks coffee and going out to global food chins etc I always find amusing.

Venezuela was very happy until their “Maidan”. USA interferes again to asset strip another country.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024