Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 14:10 - Dec 12 with 21201 viewsburnsieespana

Allegedly we have made a bid for Crawley's y Tom Nichols according to the Cumberland News.
Anybody any idea how many loan players will return to parent clubs in January?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 14:13]
Transfer window on 15:39 - Dec 12 with 6889 viewsRSCOSWORTH

If they're not called Tom or Luke are we not interested?

Listed as a midfielder on Soccerbase. Most of his goals were scored over five years ago, should fit right in.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=59408

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer window on 15:41 - Dec 12 with 6889 viewswessex_exile

Only two I think - Charlie Owens and Matty Longstaff? Cameron Coxe is due to return from Boreham Wood too.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer window on 16:53 - Dec 28 with 6485 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64109595

Signed for Gillingham. Not sure we've missed out on much there.

Transfer window on 22:06 - Dec 28 with 6438 viewsdurham_exile

Nichols was one of our targets and a bid of £60k had been made.

Disappointing that he has signed for Gillingham.

An earlier target signed for Wimbledon - Hudlin who after being red carded is now free to play against us on Thursday after his appeal was successful.

Has our bid to sign Appiah been successful I wonder.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 6320 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Coxe makes permanent move to Boreham Wood

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/december/cameron-coxe/

Bloomfield is obviously not a fan.

Transfer window on 13:35 - Dec 30 with 6310 viewsburnsieespana

Transfer window on 13:10 - Dec 30 by RSCOSWORTH

Coxe makes permanent move to Boreham Wood

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/december/cameron-coxe/

Bloomfield is obviously not a fan.

We got a few for him! Suppose we got back what we paid Solihull.
Shows intent I hope of what is going to happen
Who would you all ship out so long as a replacement came in?
Personally would seriously think about Chambers and Smith as seem to be at fault for most of the goals coceeded or am I being harsh?
Transfer window on 12:39 - Dec 31 with 6162 viewsburnsieespana

Lubala loan cut short and returning to Blackpool.
Transfer window on 17:49 - Dec 31 with 6110 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 12:39 - Dec 31 by burnsieespana

Lubala loan cut short and returning to Blackpool.

We seem to sign a lot of loanees but rarely do any of them perform for us, assuming they even get on the pitch. If they’re not better than what we have, why bother? Use our own academy players instead. Pi55 poor recruitment, just for a change.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 12:09 - Jan 1 with 6027 viewsbwildered

If you were a loan club, unlikely to shift a player to the L2 basement dogfight, unless he is contract expires come season end and you want him off the training ground, so you can progress your next batch.

However saw the Youth team cup defeat other week, let’s not go their just yet !!!

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Transfer window on 21:14 - Jan 1 with 5946 viewsburnsieespana

Conor Wood signed on loan from Leyton Orient.
26 years old so right age but do wonder why as am sure youngsters coming through the Academy are more likely to give 100% as have grown up with the club.
We need a striker more than anything.
Transfer window on 22:05 - Jan 1 with 5927 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer window on 21:14 - Jan 1 by burnsieespana

Conor Wood signed on loan from Leyton Orient.
26 years old so right age but do wonder why as am sure youngsters coming through the Academy are more likely to give 100% as have grown up with the club.
We need a striker more than anything.

Lots of experience in League 2. Seems a decent signing to me.

Wood becomes the U's first signing of the January transfer window, having signed on loan until the end of the season, (subject to the usual paperwork being ratified by the relevent bodies).

The twenty six year old left back came up through the ranks at Leicester City, before signing for Bradford City in the summer of 2018.

After appearing more than 100 times for the Bantams during his three seasons there, he moved to the capital to sign for Leyton Orient.

He was a regular in the side during the 21/22 season, but has found it hard to pin down a starting place in the league leaders' eleven this time round.

mfb

Transfer window on 22:30 - Jan 1 with 5923 viewsmfb_cufc

Arthur Read on his way to us.

Stevenage have accepted an offer for midfielder Arthur Read from fellow League Two side Colchester United for an undisclosed fee, sources have informed The Real EFL.

Read joined The Boro permanently in July 2021 on a free transfer from Brentford, however, the midfielder had previously had a loan spell during the 20/21 season. Overall former Luton Town player amassed 83 appearances over his two-and-a-half-year spell at the club. However this season under Steve Evans he has struggled for game time, having only started six times in the league, coming on off the bench five times and being left on the bench in ten games. The player is understood to be keen on the move with the promise of more game time throughout the rest of the season.

Colchester are looking for reinforcements this January, having missed out on the purchase of Crawley Town’s Tom Nichols to Gillingham. The U’s currently sit in 21st, dangerously close to Rochdale occupying the final relegation spot just three points below. Stevenage on the other hand sit in second place hunting down leaders Leyton Orient.

Our View

Arthur Read, as I suspect many players to be doing this window has been assessing his options as game time has not materialised as they expected. You cannot fault Steve Evans though as he is managing to defy pundits’ pre-season predictions and compete for promotion to League One.

mfb

Transfer window on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 5878 viewsRSCOSWORTH

So we’re recruiting two players that have barely played this season and the last time they did play regularly was for teams towards the bottom of League Two? They should fit right in!

Transfer window on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 5830 viewsdurham_exile

Our next target is altogether the business.

Striker on loan from Mansfield to Walsall Danny Johnson seems to be the answer to some of our goalscoring problems.

Proficient at this level he would seem to be ideal if we can persuade parent club that he should make the move to Colchester.

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 5706 viewsburnsieespana

Rather rambling comments from MB in today's Gazette about having a large squad, been hard to keep people happy, four departures allows us to do something in the transfer window so effectively he will be back to a squad of the same size unless he knows others are leaving.
I accept incoming signings might improve the overall quality which hopefully is the case.
Transfer window on 10:57 - Jan 3 with 5694 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 13:49 - Jan 2 by durham_exile

Our next target is altogether the business.

Striker on loan from Mansfield to Walsall Danny Johnson seems to be the answer to some of our goalscoring problems.

Proficient at this level he would seem to be ideal if we can persuade parent club that he should make the move to Colchester.

This guy looks like he could be a decent signing. Pretty much a goal every other game for his whole career. Not the youngest but we need to focus on this season right now and then worry about next season in June.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=78589

He's spent most of his career in the North or Scotland so relocation might be the biggest sticking point here.

Transfer window on 15:27 - Jan 3 with 5634 viewsburnsieespana

Although another ex ITFC player Conor Wickham is a free agent as contract at FGR ended. Scored 9 in 20 starts this season and the sort of goal scoring we can only dream about.
Thoughts?
Transfer window on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 5629 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 15:27 - Jan 3 by burnsieespana

Although another ex ITFC player Conor Wickham is a free agent as contract at FGR ended. Scored 9 in 20 starts this season and the sort of goal scoring we can only dream about.
Thoughts?

Burnsie I know that beggars can't be choosers but I am not keen on Wickham.

I have seen him play and always thought he laboured.
Never made it at a higher level and whilst 9 in 20 is a good return I would rather we sign Danny Johnson if possible.

I am also impressed by Jaydon Fevrier.

Essentially a striker to score 15 second half of the season goals would do nicely.

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 20:03 - Jan 3 with 5497 viewsthrillseeker

Arthur Read - now confirmed
Transfer window on 20:22 - Jan 3 with 5489 viewsthrillseeker

Transfer window on 10:11 - Jan 2 by RSCOSWORTH

So we’re recruiting two players that have barely played this season and the last time they did play regularly was for teams towards the bottom of League Two? They should fit right in!

RSC - I have to agree with you.

The 2 signings of Conor Wood & Arthur Read do not inspire me. Plucked from League Two rivals who obviously deem them not good enough.

Hoping to be proved wrong and both signings settle in quick and improve team, Maybe they just need a change of scenery like a certain Jamie Cureton did. I just hope they don't turn out like a Dan Holman
Transfer window on 10:15 - Jan 4 with 5385 viewsburnsieespana

Seen elsewhere a rumour we paid a 5 figure fee for Arthur Reed do welcome Arthur and we badly need some inspiration.
Oh how badly we need a goal scorer.
Mention of Cureton TS reminds me how doubtful we were of his original signing languishing as he was in Swindon reserves.
Transfer window on 11:00 - Jan 4 with 5373 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 20:22 - Jan 3 by thrillseeker

RSC - I have to agree with you.

The 2 signings of Conor Wood & Arthur Read do not inspire me. Plucked from League Two rivals who obviously deem them not good enough.

Hoping to be proved wrong and both signings settle in quick and improve team, Maybe they just need a change of scenery like a certain Jamie Cureton did. I just hope they don't turn out like a Dan Holman

It's a sad state of affairs when we're having to pick up players deemed not good enough for Orient and Stevenage. I remember when we used to get Arsenal's cast off's!

It certainly feels like it's been a while since we've had a really successful signing, loan or otherwise.

Transfer window on 11:10 - Jan 4 with 5372 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 10:15 - Jan 4 by burnsieespana

Seen elsewhere a rumour we paid a 5 figure fee for Arthur Reed do welcome Arthur and we badly need some inspiration.
Oh how badly we need a goal scorer.
Mention of Cureton TS reminds me how doubtful we were of his original signing languishing as he was in Swindon reserves.

Seems like a lot of money for a player from a fellow League Two club with less than 50 league starts to his name at 23. I'm not even sure what type of midfielder he is. Not a goalscoring one it would appear from his stats.

I think the difference with Cureton was that he'd scored goals his whole career and it was only at Swindon that it didn't go well. It was a bit of a gamble at the time but not a massive one and it turned out to be a very successful one.

Transfer window on 17:21 - Jan 4 with 5286 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Fiacre Kelleher joins from Bradford City.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/fiacre-kelleher/

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=87311

Got a fair amount of experience...in the National League!

Transfer window on 17:35 - Jan 4 with 5280 viewsthrillseeker

Transfer window on 17:21 - Jan 4 by RSCOSWORTH

Fiacre Kelleher joins from Bradford City.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/fiacre-kelleher/

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=87311

Got a fair amount of experience...in the National League!

Who?

I don't recognise the name and I can't recall seeing him play against us.

Not inspired again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024