Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? 13:40 - Jan 25 with 37996 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/59431/ethan-brierley-sheffi

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:04 - Feb 3 with 3311 views442Dale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:52 - Feb 3 by kel

If it’s correct who I’ve heard is leaking info then they are being very hypocritical given they preach to others about doing it. We’re getting more shambolic by the day and it’s awful watching it unravel.

Cannot believe this is still happening. It’s crazy it hasn’t been addressed under various regimes.

We’re not talking journalists getting stuff via agents but rumours that bounce around town and various fans.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:30 - Feb 3 with 3171 viewsHullDale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:53 - Feb 3 by judd

So Blackburns Director of Football, who took FULL responsibility for the failure is lying?

I blame the Trust newsletter.

If it was down to Brierley, his representatives or lawyer, fair play to the Blackburn DoF for coming out and taking the heat off.

Obviously they have reasons for doing so, but protecting a young lad from the media storm is to be applauded.

You'd also think one of the lawyers, agents, representatives or admin staff would've picked up on it before it was sent - if its true of course.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:36 - Feb 3 with 3150 viewsjudd

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:30 - Feb 3 by HullDale

If it was down to Brierley, his representatives or lawyer, fair play to the Blackburn DoF for coming out and taking the heat off.

Obviously they have reasons for doing so, but protecting a young lad from the media storm is to be applauded.

You'd also think one of the lawyers, agents, representatives or admin staff would've picked up on it before it was sent - if its true of course.

I couldnt give a flying fook if Ethan coloured the relevant forms in with wax crayons.

The Blackburn Director of football has taken responsibility.

Dale.clearly submitted paperwork in good time.

Blackburn fooked up.

That should be the end of it.

Why we need a burning pitch fork mob mentality lynching because Alan.Nixon continues to peddle deliberately fed misinformation is beyond me.

SACK THE SCOREBOARD
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 20:27]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:47 - Feb 3 with 3089 viewsSheffield_dale

In relation to the 80k, just watched the video from the Blackburn recruitment guy. I don't think he/the club would risk reputational damage admitting a failed transfer of just 80k. He seemed spooked that Sheff U had him on trial so surely the last minute offer would have been appealing.

Also... Am I correct in remembering Charman went back to Fylde for 50k? SURELY the board, manager, finance and all advisors can see that a +30k increase from Charman dramatically undervalues Ethan. Add to that the last minute nature of the deal and I can only predict 80k isn't the full picture.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 19:59]
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:48 - Feb 3 with 3079 views442Dale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:36 - Feb 3 by judd

I couldnt give a flying fook if Ethan coloured the relevant forms in with wax crayons.

The Blackburn Director of football has taken responsibility.

Dale.clearly submitted paperwork in good time.

Blackburn fooked up.

That should be the end of it.

Why we need a burning pitch fork mob mentality lynching because Alan.Nixon continues to peddle deliberately fed misinformation is beyond me.

SACK THE SCOREBOARD
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 20:27]

It’s back to that argument about whether the EFL should have allowed it being a few seconds late or whatever. No, they shouldn’t. Blackburn didn’t get it done in time, they’re not expecting to win an appeal, not sure what else really matters. Certainly not any silly little remarks about boxes being ticked or mixed, it’s irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. In this case, sh/t happens.

Sometimes trying to pin blame only serves to making everything else look like a whinge too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 20:24 - Feb 3 with 2903 viewsjudd

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:48 - Feb 3 by 442Dale

It’s back to that argument about whether the EFL should have allowed it being a few seconds late or whatever. No, they shouldn’t. Blackburn didn’t get it done in time, they’re not expecting to win an appeal, not sure what else really matters. Certainly not any silly little remarks about boxes being ticked or mixed, it’s irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. In this case, sh/t happens.

Sometimes trying to pin blame only serves to making everything else look like a whinge too.

It suits the warped agenda of some on here and Twitter. The more sensational the negativity, the better.

It's highly likely that Ethan and his family read this board. As fans.

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 21:11 - Feb 3 with 2760 viewsSheffield_dale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 20:24 - Feb 3 by judd

It suits the warped agenda of some on here and Twitter. The more sensational the negativity, the better.

It's highly likely that Ethan and his family read this board. As fans.

I hope they do. I've rarely seen a negative word said about him here. He's an incredible player and will we very much welcomed back and sorely missed in the summer.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 21:13]
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 2653 viewsThreeLions

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:27 - Feb 3 by Brierls

I’m not sure a figure of £3 Million is at all realistic.

In fact, it’s a figure I jokingly quoted on a WhatsApp group. If I’m a source then we’re more fooked than I thought.

Could very well be your quote that has been misinterpreted I don't really know tbh. I'm not particularly bothered about getting info on stuff like that but it still lands in my lap so to speak.
Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 21:46 - Feb 3 with 2619 viewsFrog

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:28 - Feb 3 by electricblue

Dale paid a fee for Mullarkey...

But couldn't afford another £10k? I guess the board just don't have enough money to plough into keeping us up.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 22:05 - Feb 3 with 2545 viewsjudd

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 21:46 - Feb 3 by Frog

But couldn't afford another £10k? I guess the board just don't have enough money to plough into keeping us up.

Plus wages.

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 08:27 - Feb 4 with 2153 viewsfourfourtwo

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:21 - Feb 3 by ThreeLions

Whoever is leaking info out of the club leaked that Ethan was on the verge of being sold for £3million. Don't know how true that is but seems more realistic

Utter nonsense.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 1674 viewsrkershaw

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 08:27 - Feb 4 by fourfourtwo

Utter nonsense.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1165454339?-1906:1007
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 00:22 - Feb 5 with 1506 viewsShun

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 21:28 - Feb 4 by rkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1165454339?-1906:1007

‘A small transfer fee’ but one that would be ‘significant to the League Two side.’ I don’t think Blackburn would see either of £3m or £80k as matching both of those statements.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 00:38 - Feb 5 with 1495 viewsThreeLions

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 00:22 - Feb 5 by Shun

‘A small transfer fee’ but one that would be ‘significant to the League Two side.’ I don’t think Blackburn would see either of £3m or £80k as matching both of those statements.

It's already been clarified that £3million was just Chinese whispers so no need to reference it really.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 00:59 - Feb 5 with 1469 viewsShun

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 00:38 - Feb 5 by ThreeLions

It's already been clarified that £3million was just Chinese whispers so no need to reference it really.

Calm down 3L.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:48 - Feb 5 with 1169 viewsjonahwhereru

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:46 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

There's only two players i can think of that we haven't undersold since i started supporting:

Luke Matheson & George Donnelly

I think we got £400k for Matty Done from memory, which wasn't bad but the timing was atrocious

At the time of the Matheson deal there were many on this site saying the fee heavily undervalued him, and the board got plenty of stick. Many supports loose perspective at the prospect of loosing players that are cutting it for the club.
The accounts will eventually tell us how much any Brierley deal is worth and the next few years will tell use if that was value or not. Personally I never expected that any club would part with more than 300k for Ethan given our bargaining position and his very limited experience. In sport the most expensive and overrated commodity is potential. It is massively overpriced.
With all these undisclosed deals it is so difficult to work out what was and wasn’t a fair price for both parties. But you are right the Done deal was fair to all.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:01 - Feb 5 with 1123 viewsfrenzied

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:48 - Feb 5 by jonahwhereru

At the time of the Matheson deal there were many on this site saying the fee heavily undervalued him, and the board got plenty of stick. Many supports loose perspective at the prospect of loosing players that are cutting it for the club.
The accounts will eventually tell us how much any Brierley deal is worth and the next few years will tell use if that was value or not. Personally I never expected that any club would part with more than 300k for Ethan given our bargaining position and his very limited experience. In sport the most expensive and overrated commodity is potential. It is massively overpriced.
With all these undisclosed deals it is so difficult to work out what was and wasn’t a fair price for both parties. But you are right the Done deal was fair to all.

Spot on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024