Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? 13:40 - Jan 25 with 39006 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/59431/ethan-brierley-sheffi

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 3114 viewsAtThePeake

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:49 - Feb 3 by Shun

Alan Nixon reporting that the fee for Brierley was just £80k. Flabbergasting if true. He also says the breakdown in that deal meant we couldn’t sign Linney, who has now just signed for Altrincham.

Alan Nixon's reporting is about as reliable as James Ball's first touch.

Tangled up in blue.

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 3107 viewsFrog

Reads to me like we can't afford to spend £10k on a player. Life in non league is going to be tough.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 3094 viewsIOMDale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:15 - Feb 3 by AtThePeake

Alan Nixon's reporting is about as reliable as James Ball's first touch.

This, plus he has the cheek to charge for it. I sincerely hope a zero is missing off that reported figure, mind.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:18 - Feb 3 with 3079 viewsDaleiLama

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:15 - Feb 3 by PeteZoo

Broughton said something along the lines of "a club like Rochdale needs every penny it can get", and "we owe it to a valued member of the Football League to give you the money".

Don't shoot the messenger! It's worth pointing out that he is a DoF at a football club with £200m+ of debt.

Right now, I'm embarrassed to be a Rovers fan. Sorry you're having to deal with us!

If the fee really is £80k, no wonder Broughton claims the sale is still on and will happen over the summer.

I know where his great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather is buried too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:28 - Feb 3 with 2998 viewskel

If 80k is true they’ve not even used lube.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:32 - Feb 3 with 2959 viewsgolfaduffy

it goes from bad to worse,.

Big questions to answer at the forum now. Why was Brierley on trial at a club under an embargo for a day longer than necessary? why was he not brought back earlier (soon as the embargo hit) and why are we prepared to sell suvh an exiting prospect for peanuts. £80k is a ninsult to everyone who collected money , bought shares and generally worked there socks off to save the club from shysters only a year ago. Lord knows what Cloughies executors think now.

Nixon is usually accurate, so there needs to be a damn good reason for accepting such a low offer.

The Board are not covering themselves with glory here. But;

The cost of the Bottom era and the failed MH takeover is far greater than we could have thought of at the time. They are still hurting us now.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:34 - Feb 3 with 2942 viewsfitzochris

I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt here and assume Nixon has got this figure wrong (Ian Evatt being interviewed for the managers job, anyone?).

However, this is the void I spoke of. The club has allowed others to fill it and now supporters don’t know what to think about any of it, which is tarnishing the reputation.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:36 - Feb 3 with 2924 viewsDaleiLama

Welcome to the RAFC forum

[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 14:38]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:43 - Feb 3 with 2875 viewsChaffRAFC

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:32 - Feb 3 by golfaduffy

it goes from bad to worse,.

Big questions to answer at the forum now. Why was Brierley on trial at a club under an embargo for a day longer than necessary? why was he not brought back earlier (soon as the embargo hit) and why are we prepared to sell suvh an exiting prospect for peanuts. £80k is a ninsult to everyone who collected money , bought shares and generally worked there socks off to save the club from shysters only a year ago. Lord knows what Cloughies executors think now.

Nixon is usually accurate, so there needs to be a damn good reason for accepting such a low offer.

The Board are not covering themselves with glory here. But;

The cost of the Bottom era and the failed MH takeover is far greater than we could have thought of at the time. They are still hurting us now.

Your last line has just made me wonder what the reaction would be had the previous board accepted that kind of bid for Brierley.

And now I feel physically sick.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:44 - Feb 3 with 2867 viewsJames1980

Wasn't there talk of us selling Morley for a bargain price?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:46 - Feb 3 with 2830 viewsD_Alien

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:44 - Feb 3 by James1980

Wasn't there talk of us selling Morley for a bargain price?

There's only two players i can think of that we haven't undersold since i started supporting:

Luke Matheson & George Donnelly

I think we got £400k for Matty Done from memory, which wasn't bad but the timing was atrocious

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:15 - Feb 3 with 2689 viewsJames1980

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:46 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

There's only two players i can think of that we haven't undersold since i started supporting:

Luke Matheson & George Donnelly

I think we got £400k for Matty Done from memory, which wasn't bad but the timing was atrocious

It is a shame that has appeared to continue though.
Although there is always the add ons
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 15:16]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:44 - Feb 3 with 2568 viewsgolfaduffy

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:43 - Feb 3 by ChaffRAFC

Your last line has just made me wonder what the reaction would be had the previous board accepted that kind of bid for Brierley.

And now I feel physically sick.

Chaff.. I don't think any previous board would have acepted £80k for our most saleable asset. It must have cost us more than this to bring him through the youth set up.

I can only hope the figure is woefully wrong, otherwise, my growing concerns for the new board are growing quickly. And my concerns for the future of the club are multiplying fast.

Hope the board are prepared for some tough questions Tuesday because this smacks of desperation.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 2544 viewsKnavesmireBob

I buzz off seeing great leadership in sport. There's been loads of examples lately - Wiegman with the lionesses. McCullum/Stokes with the cricket. Been really enjoying listening to Borthwick/Sinfield this week and Twickenham will be bouncing again on Saturday as a result.

Looks like events and fortune might have transpired which gives us the chance to see 3 months of Brierley and Adshead in the middle of the park trying their hearts out to get us out of this mess. At our level and given what we've had to endure in recent years that feels almost like our own version of Xavi and Iniesta. It really, really excites me. As does seeing Rhys back and one or two of the other new signings. I haven't felt like this for a very long time.

But then I listen to a 13 minute interview with the manager and I feel deflated again. I see arms folded with jaded body language and not a hint of a smile. References to targets we didn't get. Should and could about games that have passed. A request for the fans to get behind the team but without the same acknowledgement of personal responsibility that I've been listening to all week from Borthwick and Sinfield. I still really like Jim but I want to see the Bentley of early September back.

And then you come on here and see a figure for Brierley which might prove to be nonsense but if it isn't missing a zero then we might as well all pack up and go home.

We have an absolutely golden opportunity now this transfer window has passed to completely reset the narrative and try to do something incredible, with two of our own young lads in the middle of proceedings leading that charge. A media department's content creation dream. All that takes is leadership. The fans will be up for that if you Jim and you Simon can take us on that journey. Please don't let this slip by.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:47 - Feb 3 with 2518 viewsrichfoad32

What happens if Brierley gets injured playing for Dale and has to miss a significant chunk of time, is the deal still guaranteed? (worst case scenario I know, just confused as to who he actually belongs to now)
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:28 - Feb 3 with 2317 viewselectricblue

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:16 - Feb 3 by Frog

Reads to me like we can't afford to spend £10k on a player. Life in non league is going to be tough.

Dale paid a fee for Mullarkey...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:37 - Feb 3 with 2264 viewsEllDale

And allegedly outbid Grimsby for his services.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:53 - Feb 3 with 2190 viewsrkershaw

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:37 - Feb 3 by EllDale

And allegedly outbid Grimsby for his services.

Possibly with monies that WERE coming our way until 'Brierleygate' landed .....hence Sinclair possibly being used as a make shift weight in the deal and possibly Linney (a rumoured target ) moving to Alty 60 hours (and 7 secs) after the transfer deadline ...in an attempt to appease Alty in some way....possibly??!!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 16:55]
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:14 - Feb 3 with 2100 viewsfourfourtwo

"The club understand the frustration of supporters in the lack of clarity around the transfer, but hope they understand we could not comment until the EFL confirmed their decision on the application, and further discussions had taken place with Rovers."

Blackburn released a statement nearly 24 hours in advance of this. Then released a video interview explaining the situation, all before we released a statement that confirms everything that we've heard & nothing new to be honest.

That is the main frustration of supporters.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 1863 viewsThreeLions

Whoever is leaking info out of the club leaked that Ethan was on the verge of being sold for £3million. Don't know how true that is but seems more realistic
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:27 - Feb 3 with 1841 viewsBrierls

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:21 - Feb 3 by ThreeLions

Whoever is leaking info out of the club leaked that Ethan was on the verge of being sold for £3million. Don't know how true that is but seems more realistic

I’m not sure a figure of £3 Million is at all realistic.

In fact, it’s a figure I jokingly quoted on a WhatsApp group. If I’m a source then we’re more fooked than I thought.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:28 - Feb 3 with 1833 viewsSheffield_dale

😅 I wish
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:41 - Feb 3 with 1780 viewsHullDale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:52 - Feb 3 with 1718 viewskel

If it’s correct who I’ve heard is leaking info then they are being very hypocritical given they preach to others about doing it. We’re getting more shambolic by the day and it’s awful watching it unravel.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:53 - Feb 3 with 1719 viewsjudd

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:41 - Feb 3 by HullDale

So Blackburns Director of Football, who took FULL responsibility for the failure is lying?

I blame the Trust newsletter.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024