Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Thread 19:08 - Apr 29 with 34181 viewsToast_R

Might as well take an interest, its actually more interesting this season then previous ones with the emergence of Luton, Coventry and Millwall having a go. No Norwich or any of the other Yo-Yo clubs as yet.
Hoping West Brom don't sneak in as I'm rather looking forward to them going into a financial mess.

Like to see Coventry go up. Unpopular opinion I know but also think it would be good for football if Luton win the ultimate prize and get in the big time with their hammer and nails stadium.
The Play Off Thread on 20:12 - May 29 with 1692 viewsMedwayR

Definite penalty but I think the red card was the correct call. Incredible saves from the Barnsley GK and some great defensive blocks too, harsh to lose it like that.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Play Off Thread on 21:28 - May 29 with 1561 viewsLogman

The Play Off Thread on 17:45 - May 29 by paulparker

Modern football is so corrupt
The little club gets shafted once again

Seems that way, the way they came back from the dead against Peterborough and then had decisions go their way today.
The Play Off Thread on 21:34 - May 29 with 1549 viewsderbyhoop

The Play Off Thread on 19:21 - May 29 by LazyFan

He didn't before, but he is a good player.

I am not so worried about SW, they have an ageing team, and I suspect this will be very much exposed in the Champ, whereas we have seen it is full-on for everyone all the time.

Jack Hunt, 32
Barry Bannan, 33
Lee Gregory, 34

I'm far from convinced SW will have the legs for a 46 game Championship.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Play Off Thread on 22:10 - May 29 with 1469 viewsNorthernr

Be interesting to see how it goes but of the recently promoted cohort, Sunderland used the more lenient FFP situation to put together a young team capable of going into the Championship and performing again with few additions under the less favourable rules. Wigan put together a crusty old team that minced meat in League One but needed major surgery to get it up to Champ standards which they had neither the money nor FFP space to do. Sheff Wed, it looks like a convalescence home. The average age of their team this year is 28.5, it's by far the oldest in League One. I'd be astonished if their wage bill isn't the highest in the league by a distance. They've basically done what they always do: committed wages to people they've heard of to get them through the next six games. They'll now need to do major surgery on a team, while also massively over budget, in harsher FFP circumstances.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Play Off Thread on 22:52 - May 29 with 1348 viewskensalriser

Albert and Stef are available if the Owls are looking to strengthen.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Play Off Thread on 10:18 - May 30 with 1082 viewsTheChef

The Play Off Thread on 20:12 - May 29 by MedwayR

Definite penalty but I think the red card was the correct call. Incredible saves from the Barnsley GK and some great defensive blocks too, harsh to lose it like that.

Yeah he was jumping into the challenge off the ground, so I can see why it was a red.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Play Off Thread on 10:21 - May 30 with 1075 viewsderbyhoop

The Play Off Thread on 22:52 - May 29 by kensalriser

Albert and Stef are available if the Owls are looking to strengthen.

Don't forget Chris Martin

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Play Off Thread on 10:34 - May 30 with 1032 viewsCamberleyR

The Play Off Thread on 21:34 - May 29 by derbyhoop

Jack Hunt, 32
Barry Bannan, 33
Lee Gregory, 34

I'm far from convinced SW will have the legs for a 46 game Championship.

And yet I'm sure I heard in the post-match pundit chat on Sky either McAnuff or Morrison say that they will be challenging for promotion!
Deluded.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

The Play Off Thread on 11:36 - May 30 with 931 viewsactonman

Got a feeling their owner is going to sp()nk money all and sundry to challenge another promotion push … how that plays out is anybodys guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024