Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** 22:03 - Jul 31 with 19782 viewsModeratorC

And of course, Harrison Ashby.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60572/swans-draw-as-ntch

This post has been edited by an administrator
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 2029 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 09:48 - Aug 6 by RichardO

Our movement in middle of the park wasn't good enough when in possession. We got the ball out wide well and had capable WBs but the needed support was missing from either the forwards not dropping nto the midfield or with the midfielders dropping to deep.
We worked well at times to regain the ball and make the space in the middle but didn't exploit it with better movement off the ball.
Can be hard to sustain control for 90 minutes, teams are quite happy to let you have possession if you can't move it quick enough or be clever enough to use the space that you have created with better movement and ball control.

Hard to open up a in a tight game but have to control the game properly and not let forwards, wingers and defenders get isolated and give forwards and wingers options.

Early days yet but hope Duff gets that central midfield area sorted soon which in my opinion neither Cooper nor Martin did, Cooper didn't have the players and Martin took too long to work it out.
Duff has the players but if Ntcham goes will need to replace him if he is going to be able to give more options.
Thought Cullen give us a different option which was needed by the team, if we hadn't made the stupid error for the goal we could be looking at 3 points instead of 1.

Early days.

If Ntcham had played instead of Patterson it would have been a different game, as you mentioned when Cullen came on we improved.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 10:09 - Aug 6 with 2003 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wow the negativity is amazing, I thought I could be critical. Very early days, no idea yet if that was a decent pt or a poor pt. Positives, no tippy tappying at the back, yes I know their goal came from a bit of a faff at the back, but watching it again Cabango just needs to take a step or 2 towards the ball rather than waiting for it. Looks like a massive upgrade on the keeper and I look forward to watching him play this season. I thought Key did well after a dodgy opening 15mins. Nice to see Abdullah get on and Cullen gave us some energy. I think Jerry Yates will do well for us , looks a bundle of energy and is always lurking around the 6yd box, he was a bit lucky as he appeared to pull out of a challenge a few mins before he scored and the crowd were on his back but swn forgot, think he'll be a huge favorite.
Onto the negatives, we looked off the pace initially and Brum looked far sharper than us, Piroe was a passenger but showed a few glimpses later on, Pato was fairly ineffective, i don't like Cabango in a 3, he's asked to be a ball player, whereas he's more of a stopper, really brave and willingly puts his body on the line. Grimes showed in a glimpse what he is capable of, just wish he'd have a bit more belief in himself, I reckon he could contribute so much more offensively. Grimes back on dead balls is a worry also.
All in all I'm reasonably satisfied but certainly not overjoyed, a definite work in progress, there are some huge games this season, let's get to 10 games and see where we are.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 10:18 - Aug 6 with 1988 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 09:56 - Aug 6 by Whiterockin

If Ntcham had played instead of Patterson it would have been a different game, as you mentioned when Cullen came on we improved.

First half defensive display was good until the stupid mistake, the forward movement was a bit disjointed as would be expected with a number of players playing at a level they are not use too but with obvious skills that can be utilised.
Lack of movement in the midfield area where team understanding is crucial to break up play which we did well but didn't get the team going forward effectively enough.

All teams make defensive mistakes but at least for the most part not compound by a second, you can sometimes get away with a mistake, sometimes not, but we worked hard to get back into the game.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 11:32 - Aug 6 with 1892 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 10:09 - Aug 6 by Treforys_Jack

Wow the negativity is amazing, I thought I could be critical. Very early days, no idea yet if that was a decent pt or a poor pt. Positives, no tippy tappying at the back, yes I know their goal came from a bit of a faff at the back, but watching it again Cabango just needs to take a step or 2 towards the ball rather than waiting for it. Looks like a massive upgrade on the keeper and I look forward to watching him play this season. I thought Key did well after a dodgy opening 15mins. Nice to see Abdullah get on and Cullen gave us some energy. I think Jerry Yates will do well for us , looks a bundle of energy and is always lurking around the 6yd box, he was a bit lucky as he appeared to pull out of a challenge a few mins before he scored and the crowd were on his back but swn forgot, think he'll be a huge favorite.
Onto the negatives, we looked off the pace initially and Brum looked far sharper than us, Piroe was a passenger but showed a few glimpses later on, Pato was fairly ineffective, i don't like Cabango in a 3, he's asked to be a ball player, whereas he's more of a stopper, really brave and willingly puts his body on the line. Grimes showed in a glimpse what he is capable of, just wish he'd have a bit more belief in himself, I reckon he could contribute so much more offensively. Grimes back on dead balls is a worry also.
All in all I'm reasonably satisfied but certainly not overjoyed, a definite work in progress, there are some huge games this season, let's get to 10 games and see where we are.

Great post TJ.

Imo grimes should be further up the pitch where duff wants the ball to be where he will be far more effective, allen needs to play in front of the back 3/4.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 11:56 - Aug 6 with 1838 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 11:32 - Aug 6 by Fireboy2

Great post TJ.

Imo grimes should be further up the pitch where duff wants the ball to be where he will be far more effective, allen needs to play in front of the back 3/4.

Yes. And relieve him of corner kicks.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 12:13 - Aug 6 with 1825 viewsbuilthjack

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 11:56 - Aug 6 by union_jack

Yes. And relieve him of corner kicks.

He must take good corners in training as every Manager seems to pick him to take them.
But he fluffs them in games.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 13:37 - Aug 6 with 1718 viewsRichardO

Nice to see both Keys and Ashby as the holding defenders at our corners, negating much of the break away threat with their pace.. Think we got caught at least once when Grimes was taking a free kick just inside their half but it looks as if Duff is oicking up the details which took too long for other managers to pick up on.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 14:23 - Aug 6 with 1654 viewsTenbySwan

I wouldnt blame the keeper for their goal, the throw should have gone up the line
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 14:34 - Aug 6 with 1626 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 14:23 - Aug 6 by TenbySwan

I wouldnt blame the keeper for their goal, the throw should have gone up the line

Cabango shouted for the ball as well and when it was played to him he waited tprather than move back to take it. He was much more at fault.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 14:35 - Aug 6 with 1628 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 14:23 - Aug 6 by TenbySwan

Yes their press was too tight for the throw in to go to the keeper although cabango should have been more awake and gone to the ball rather than waiting for it.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 18:00 - Aug 6 with 1453 viewssw02sea

I didn’t see the referee Implement the new rule, of treatment for an injured player off the pitch once yesterday.
The only player treated off the pitch was the one that was tackled into touch,by I think Darling. How that didn’t incur a yellow is anyone’s guess.
Great old school tackle though! 😆

Treatment of players
 :

Players who require assessment on the pitch for a potential injury will now receive treatment off the field of play , apart from certain circumstances as laid out in Law 5 of the Laws of the Game:
• A goalkeeper is injured.
• A goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention.
• Players from the same team have collided and need attention.
• A severe injury has occurred.
• A player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g., reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly.
• A penalty has been awarded and the injured player will be the
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 18:05 - Aug 6 with 1436 viewsshingle

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 10:09 - Aug 6 by Treforys_Jack

Or a case of wow the positivity is amazing.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 18:26 - Aug 6 with 1384 viewsTreforys_Jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 18:05 - Aug 6 by shingle

Or a case of wow the positivity is amazing.

All about opinions Shingle.
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 20:00 - Aug 6 with 1277 viewsBadlands

Early days with many new faces and new style.
Let's be honest, though, if Fisher had dropped Cabango in it (Ben could have done better but there was no call from the keeper but then 7 touches and Ashby nowhere near!) sections of the crowd would be calling for his blood.
Cabango ball stopper rather than ball player! One of our highest pass success rates last season with more first or second touch passes than anyone else. The problem is we have no effective midfield.
No tippy tappy … well less. But also we have to go back to late Feb (Martin poody time) to find a game we had fewer attempts on target.
What was interesting yesterday was as soon as we stopped the hit and hope balls a lot of the crowd started moaning and jeering. Today Arsenal and Man City fans applauded possession and passing and moving the ball around the pitch.
I am concerned we will end up with a side that is playing 'up and at 'em' but not as well as other teams just as monk took us away from our unique style in favour of a typically English approach … other teams had better players doing the same thing only better. And, football playing teams found we had no bite.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 1178 viewsFlashberryjack

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 23:37 - Aug 5 by controversial_jack

He was awful!

Fulton was just as bad.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 06:55 - Aug 7 with 1035 viewsRichardO

If we get a half decent left sided player in or even from the u21s and we play Ashby on the righ,t given Keys skill sets would he possibly be a ready made replacement for Ntcham instead of using Paterson, would always pick Ollie Cooper over Paterson in the starting line up anyway and as we saw with Cullen coming on made Paterson roll redundant.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 8:37]
⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 08:14 - Aug 7 with 1006 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Correct why do the outfield players insist on throwing the ball to the goal keeper when there are opponents near. A ball up the touch line is always a better option.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 11:41 - Aug 7 with 885 viewsBadlands

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 08:14 - Aug 7 by felixstowe_jack

Correct why do the outfield players insist on throwing the ball to the goal keeper when there are opponents near. A ball up the touch line is always a better option.

To keep possession and reset.
Our outfield players don’t do well in keeping the ball at the best of times but Birmingham were pressing close so it was the obvious action.
There was no pressure on the keeper until he switched foot, Cabango could have done better but the pass was under hit giving their attacker time to press, also I don’t see anyone calling to him, Ashby didn’t turn up until the ball was in the net.
Definitely Rushworth's fault which he acknowledged straight away.
It happens. But as I commented elsewhere, if that had been Fisher he would have been lambasted for Martinball tippy tappy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 17:01 - Aug 7 with 712 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Swansea City v Birmingham City : Matchday Thread Report ** on 11:41 - Aug 7 by Badlands

To keep possession and reset.
Our outfield players don’t do well in keeping the ball at the best of times but Birmingham were pressing close so it was the obvious action.
There was no pressure on the keeper until he switched foot, Cabango could have done better but the pass was under hit giving their attacker time to press, also I don’t see anyone calling to him, Ashby didn’t turn up until the ball was in the net.
Definitely Rushworth's fault which he acknowledged straight away.
It happens. But as I commented elsewhere, if that had been Fisher he would have been lambasted for Martinball tippy tappy.

Fisher was pick up on a good number of errors and given a fair shout when he played well even by the by people who obviously had enough of him, Benda looked a better goal keeper and so does Duff's first choice for the game, who played well in general and dealt with long range shorts a lot more effectively than Fisher.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 17:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024