Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner goes. 18:40 - Oct 21 with 3720 viewsbwildered

Garner departs

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Garner goes. on 18:42 - Oct 21 with 2403 viewswessex_exile

Just seen - squad should hang their heads in shame.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Garner goes. on 18:44 - Oct 21 with 2396 viewsCrashBandicoot

Its both the squads fault and his for not inspiring them. Who could take over next>

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Garner goes. on 18:45 - Oct 21 with 2393 viewsdurham_exile

Mark Hughes' suits will take some financing.

Or Neil Harris' Arran sweaters.

New manager bounce for Tuesday night please.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Garner goes. on 18:52 - Oct 21 with 2387 viewsgerry_us

Garner goes. on 18:45 - Oct 21 by durham_exile

Mark Hughes' suits will take some financing.

Or Neil Harris' Arran sweaters.

New manager bounce for Tuesday night please.

Up the U's

Unless he has a new manager in the back cupboard then a Tuesday bounce back is a bit hopeful.
Perhaps the players will take on the responsibility themselves???
Garner goes. on 18:53 - Oct 21 with 2387 viewsCrashBandicoot

Not convinced with Harris tbh though with the right backing he might do well. Hughes would be an interesting appointment.
I personally would like to see Gary Bowyer appointed as he worked wonders as Dundee manager.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:54]

Garner goes. on 18:57 - Oct 21 with 2371 viewsdurham_exile

What about Paulo Di Canio (serious suggestion).

Certainly flamboyant

Durham_exile

Garner goes. on 18:59 - Oct 21 with 2373 viewsnoah4x4

I wonder who is available at Maldon & Tiptree……..
Garner goes. on 19:05 - Oct 21 with 2361 viewswessex_exile

Garner goes. on 18:59 - Oct 21 by noah4x4

I wonder who is available at Maldon & Tiptree……..

LOL - bit untested at managerial level, but he has been around the place quite a bit. What about McGreal?

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Garner goes. on 19:05 - Oct 21 with 2360 viewsthrillseeker

Get Neil Warnock in
Garner goes. on 19:08 - Oct 21 with 2357 viewsbwildered

Maher, yep Kevin Mayer .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Garner goes. on 19:13 - Oct 21 with 2349 viewsdurham_exile

Simply has to be an external candidate

RC must have someone in mind, he will have been watching this fiasco over the past few weeks.

The squad is far better than the results that BG has produced.

We need someone to bring the confidence back and the desire and motivation to perform as a team that is heading upwards and not this dreadful spiral to relegation.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Garner goes. on 19:26 - Oct 21 with 2331 viewsMoor_Pinot

Garner goes. on 19:13 - Oct 21 by durham_exile

Simply has to be an external candidate

RC must have someone in mind, he will have been watching this fiasco over the past few weeks.

The squad is far better than the results that BG has produced.

We need someone to bring the confidence back and the desire and motivation to perform as a team that is heading upwards and not this dreadful spiral to relegation.

Up the U's

Cowley like it always should have been when he was at Braintree.

Moor Pinot

Garner goes. on 19:52 - Oct 21 with 2295 viewsCrashBandicoot

Garner goes. on 19:05 - Oct 21 by thrillseeker

Get Neil Warnock in

Not with he said about us when we played his Plymouth side in the 95/96 play off semi finals...

Garner goes. on 19:56 - Oct 21 with 2287 viewsthrillseeker

Garner goes. on 19:52 - Oct 21 by CrashBandicoot

Not with he said about us when we played his Plymouth side in the 95/96 play off semi finals...

Was at both games and had no issue with his mind games etc

We need someone who can push players to the max and not let them play without passion

Just as long as it is not Neil Harris
Garner goes. on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 2249 viewsburnsieespana

Had to happen.
A bit inlucky with injuries to the few experienced players but what I would ike to know is, who made the decision to sign all the youngsters like Goodman, Mitchell, etc?
Few decent guys available.
What about Gary Rowett?
Garner goes. on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 2249 viewsCrashBandicoot

Garner goes. on 19:56 - Oct 21 by thrillseeker

Was at both games and had no issue with his mind games etc

We need someone who can push players to the max and not let them play without passion

Just as long as it is not Neil Harris

I think Gary Bowyer should do well if appointed. Cowley, & Eustace could be decent appointments

Garner goes. on 20:38 - Oct 21 with 2245 viewsCrashBandicoot

Garner goes. on 18:57 - Oct 21 by durham_exile

What about Paulo Di Canio (serious suggestion).

Certainly flamboyant

Mr Di Canio has similar political beliefs to Wayne Brown so prob not the best choice, besides he hasn't managed anyone for about 10 years.

Garner goes. on 21:07 - Oct 21 with 2211 viewswessex_exile

Garner goes. on 20:38 - Oct 21 by CrashBandicoot

Mr Di Canio has similar political beliefs to Wayne Brown so prob not the best choice, besides he hasn't managed anyone for about 10 years.

I think Paolo "I'm a fascist not a racist" Di Canio's views would make even Wayne Brown blush. There's a reason he hasn't managed in the last 10 years.

I was genuinely serious about McGreal - I always thought his departure in the depths of the pandemic was premature. He's our longest serving manager since Bobby Roberts, and apart from notable exceptions like Parky, Big Roy and Lamberk, still one of our most successful managers of the modern era.

Edit: plus of course he's still local at Ipshit as the U23 coach, so no relocation expenses to worry about.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 21:16]

Up the U's

Garner goes. on 21:19 - Oct 21 with 2189 viewsdurham_exile

Garner goes. on 21:07 - Oct 21 by wessex_exile

I think Paolo "I'm a fascist not a racist" Di Canio's views would make even Wayne Brown blush. There's a reason he hasn't managed in the last 10 years.

I was genuinely serious about McGreal - I always thought his departure in the depths of the pandemic was premature. He's our longest serving manager since Bobby Roberts, and apart from notable exceptions like Parky, Big Roy and Lamberk, still one of our most successful managers of the modern era.

Edit: plus of course he's still local at Ipshit as the U23 coach, so no relocation expenses to worry about.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 21:16]

I suppose we would have to wear Brown Shirts under Paolo.

Still I want a name not a no Hoper or little known individual.

Enough of this struggling and constant threat of relegation.

Durham_exile

Garner goes. on 22:28 - Oct 21 with 2135 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Not the right decision for me. Most of the decent performances we’ve seen over the last few seasons have been under Garner. I’m baffled as to why we don’t have more points. We’ve been the better side on quite a few occasions this season and not won the game. I’m surprised Cowling has acted so quickly this time as the team has shown far more than it did under Ball, Mullins, Brown and Bloomfield. Feels like we’re just repeating the same process season after season. There’s quite a few players that need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Garner goes. on 23:03 - Oct 21 with 2118 viewsCrashBandicoot

Garner goes. on 22:28 - Oct 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Not the right decision for me. Most of the decent performances we’ve seen over the last few seasons have been under Garner. I’m baffled as to why we don’t have more points. We’ve been the better side on quite a few occasions this season and not won the game. I’m surprised Cowling has acted so quickly this time as the team has shown far more than it did under Ball, Mullins, Brown and Bloomfield. Feels like we’re just repeating the same process season after season. There’s quite a few players that need to have a long hard look at themselves.

That is a perfect anecdote of performances improving but results are not. The team is good but disjointed, and BG unfortunately was just not inspiring them enough to the required standard. Also poor signings were made during the summer transfer window and by that I mean more youngsters brought in when we have an academy full of them and not enough experienced players.

Hopefully whoever comes in will make a number of changes , bring better quality in the January transfer window (with Tchamadeu's money) and loan out or move on those not performing.

Garner goes. on 23:31 - Oct 21 with 2090 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Garner goes. on 23:03 - Oct 21 by CrashBandicoot

That is a perfect anecdote of performances improving but results are not. The team is good but disjointed, and BG unfortunately was just not inspiring them enough to the required standard. Also poor signings were made during the summer transfer window and by that I mean more youngsters brought in when we have an academy full of them and not enough experienced players.

Hopefully whoever comes in will make a number of changes , bring better quality in the January transfer window (with Tchamadeu's money) and loan out or move on those not performing.

Who do you feel were the poor signings made in the summer?

Back on the merry-go-round of new manager, new ideas, new players. No wonder our squad is massive. When are we going to look to implement a three or five year plan to once again compete in this division instead of just knee jerk reactions every season?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Garner goes. on 23:45 - Oct 21 with 2080 viewsLeadbelly

Garner goes. on 23:31 - Oct 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Back on the merry-go-round of new manager, new ideas, new players. No wonder our squad is massive. When are we going to look to implement a three or five year plan to once again compete in this division instead of just knee jerk reactions every season?

The chairman has had a plan for several years. If I recall correctly, this plan was purported to be so cunning that no other club had thought of it previously. We are now reaping the rewards of the chairman’s unique strategy. You can all make up your own mind about the wisdom of RC’s plan and where it’s taken the club during his tenure.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Garner goes. on 00:26 - Oct 22 with 2068 viewsCrashBandicoot

Garner goes. on 23:31 - Oct 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Yassine En-Neyah - the player who was signed then shipped out on loan to Maldon & Tiptree, Nice Lawrence is proving injury prone. 4 players to Under 21s instead of pushing academy players. Hopper & Jay should have both been loaned out and 2 decent experienced strikers brought in. Plus we should have brought in another experienced defender and holding midfielder to guide the younger players and loaned a couple more youngsters out.

Garner goes. on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 1967 viewsburnsieespana

Once again the conundrum is, do we go for experience or youth as Manager. Had plenty of the latter in last few seasons but with a young side I feel we should look at one of the experienced Manager's which are available.
You only have to.look how love or hate him Evans has done to name but one.
Whilst sad Garner has gone feel it had to happen as we have been on the road to nowhere apart from towards NL and am.not convinced he knew how to get us moving in the right direction.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 12:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024