Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? 11:27 - Dec 1 with 10524 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ?,

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:31 - Dec 2 with 1598 viewsBryanSwan

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:51 - Dec 2 by Whiterockin

Lose today and the best we can hope for is 19th, it could be 20th or 21st Plymouth and Millwall are both home, yes we would be in a relegation battle with relegation form. I really hope we win today and start to turn this nightmare around because the next two games are probably the best chance we have to kick on.

Looks like it could be on the cards, we really are bloody woeful at the moment.
The worst bit is i actually think we have a half decent side and one that in no way should be flirting with relegation.
Writing might be on walls sooner rather than later for Duff.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:54 - Dec 2 with 1521 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:31 - Dec 2 by BryanSwan

Looks like it could be on the cards, we really are bloody woeful at the moment.
The worst bit is i actually think we have a half decent side and one that in no way should be flirting with relegation.
Writing might be on walls sooner rather than later for Duff.

If we stick ,we are down.
We are utterly hapless and our captain exemplifies it all.
Walking ,strolling through a game passing directly to opposition.
It might be drivel but it’s happening
The team selection was an affront to us all.
Believe it, Weds were winning earlier

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:02 - Dec 2 with 1507 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:54 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

We will score three this half, just you …

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:02 - Dec 2 with 1504 viewscockett_jack

Blame the manager and never the board, it’s the Swansea way. We definitely made the most of the Piroe money didn’t we?
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:05 - Dec 2 with 1500 viewsBryanSwan

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:54 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

Im just waiting for the "who should our next manager be?" thread to pop up.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:13 - Dec 2 with 1480 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:05 - Dec 2 by BryanSwan

Im just waiting for the "who should our next manager be?" thread to pop up.

We all wanted Duff to do well.
This can’t go on
To select Naughton is an insult .
Appalling
Proven by even duff admitting he is useless .

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:31 - Dec 2 with 1401 viewsdantheswansman

I mean i just cannot back this guy, i know for a fact that group of players can be so so much better, skill is not the issue, the issue is he cannot pick a team to save his life, makes stupid subs all the time and doesn't seem to have any tactics whatsoever
There's plenty of time for us to climb but for the life of me i cannot see how we can achieve that under Duff
So i am going to have to say he needs to go and before January so whoever comes in can at least get a few players in he wants
His hapless comments after losing to the scum didn't endear me to him neither
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:41 - Dec 2 with 1372 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:31 - Dec 2 by dantheswansman

I mean i just cannot back this guy, i know for a fact that group of players can be so so much better, skill is not the issue, the issue is he cannot pick a team to save his life, makes stupid subs all the time and doesn't seem to have any tactics whatsoever
There's plenty of time for us to climb but for the life of me i cannot see how we can achieve that under Duff
So i am going to have to say he needs to go and before January so whoever comes in can at least get a few players in he wants

Can we afford to do so though is the question.
Frankly,we can’t afford not to.

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:53 - Dec 2 with 1349 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:41 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

Can we afford to do so though is the question.
Frankly,we can’t afford not to.

After the end of the game today it sounds like he's lost the support of the East stand , with plenty of booing which he clearly heard and on doing so he did a swift about turn back to the changing room.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:56 - Dec 2 with 1316 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:53 - Dec 2 by Boundy

After the end of the game today it sounds like he's lost the support of the East stand , with plenty of booing which he clearly heard and on doing so he did a swift about turn back to the changing room.

It’s not right when a crowd like ours is quiet.it tells much.
Normally we have fire and passion.
Recently,it’s been killed.
It’s why so many have left .
It wouldn’t take that much to get it back.
Diff looks flat

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 1244 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:56 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

It’s not right when a crowd like ours is quiet.it tells much.
Normally we have fire and passion.
Recently,it’s been killed.
It’s why so many have left .
It wouldn’t take that much to get it back.
Diff looks flat

In fairness the North East corner were much more vocal today, not that the team did much to merit it though. Everywhere in the ground there seems a massive amount of despondency and supporters seem resigned to the situation, its not looking good. Supporters seem prepared to just walk away. Time is running out to turn this around.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 19:06 - Dec 2 with 1189 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:48 - Dec 2 by Whiterockin

In fairness the North East corner were much more vocal today, not that the team did much to merit it though. Everywhere in the ground there seems a massive amount of despondency and supporters seem resigned to the situation, its not looking good. Supporters seem prepared to just walk away. Time is running out to turn this around.

Good reply
Nice to read but frankly,the rest of the crowd could help but I accept it’s hard to be enthused with this utter dross .

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:06 - Dec 2 with 1128 viewsQJumpingJack

If Duff wants help/support or advice from the executive team - what can Coleman and Gude offer? How much knowledge do they have English football and the Championship.
Jenkin-Martinez/Brendan felt like a solid tag team. Same goes for David Gill-Sir Alex Ferguson; David Dein-Arsene Wenger. I cannot see what Coleman can offer Duff.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:14 - Dec 2 with 1118 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:14 - Dec 1 by KeithHaynes

Lots of people are getting wiser. And lots of people won’t be there tomorrow.

o wonder if we will fall below the 10233 we had at home this January when folks were getting wiser too our previous manager?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:56 - Dec 2 with 1022 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:14 - Dec 2 by vetchonian

o wonder if we will fall below the 10233 we had at home this January when folks were getting wiser too our previous manager?

It’s not about managers.

Some are actively going about asking searching questions which are being talked about at the top of the Swansea City food chain. We are being ( again ) taken for mugs. The same tactics that were used against Silver Shield, Mike Lewis and Tony Petty.

They work you know.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:36 - Dec 2 with 972 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:56 - Dec 2 by KeithHaynes

It’s not about managers.

Some are actively going about asking searching questions which are being talked about at the top of the Swansea City food chain. We are being ( again ) taken for mugs. The same tactics that were used against Silver Shield, Mike Lewis and Tony Petty.

They work you know.

About effing time Keith.

Any manager would struggle with this squad.

I watched highlights from the home game v Huddersfield 2 years ago, Jesus h christ what a difference.

We had downes, piroe, ntcham, manning, the pace we played was 100 times faster than we are doing now, nothing to do with duff, its those shysters getting their investment back by selling our best players, buying sh!te and then siphoning, giving jobs for the boys, cutting down on staff at the club and whatever else they do to get their money back.

Unless something is done sooner rather than later we will waving to wrexham as the go past us up the league.

Get out of our club, you effing shysters.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 22:59]
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:52 - Dec 2 with 935 viewsjeza739

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:31 - Dec 2 by dantheswansman

couldn't agree more or put it better myself .
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:44 - Dec 3 with 768 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:36 - Dec 2 by Fireboy2

About effing time Keith.

Any manager would struggle with this squad.

I watched highlights from the home game v Huddersfield 2 years ago, Jesus h christ what a difference.

We had downes, piroe, ntcham, manning, the pace we played was 100 times faster than we are doing now, nothing to do with duff, its those shysters getting their investment back by selling our best players, buying sh!te and then siphoning, giving jobs for the boys, cutting down on staff at the club and whatever else they do to get their money back.

Unless something is done sooner rather than later we will waving to wrexham as the go past us up the league.

Get out of our club, you effing shysters.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 22:59]

I understand where you are coming from with this and see what Keith is talking about BUT things are so different to then...Silver Shiled/9th floor walked away once our fantastic council told them they couldn't develop the commercial units at Morfa so then their interst disappeared and were willing to walk away and Petty only paid a pound .
Americans are tough in business they won't walk away due to boycotts ,marches and ,protests especially when there is a £65m plus investment.
Let's say we run them out of town who is there to replace them? They weren't queuing around the block when we were for sale in the PL which is why the sellouts bit this mobs hands off.
What if they decide to liquidate us.....sell the assets which are the players,and Landore as thats all we have to recover some of their monies and then writing us off as a tax loss.
We were fortunate to have the like of Mel Nurse back then unfortunately there are no locals with the monies to do similar this time.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:46 - Dec 3 with 774 viewslifelong

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:22 - Dec 2 by BryanSwan

He should get the season, provided we are not sucked into the relegation battle.

The way we are playing I would suggest that we’re already in one.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:48 - Dec 3 with 772 viewsBryanSwan

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:46 - Dec 3 by lifelong

The way we are playing I would suggest that we’re already in one.

I thought we were maybe above it, but yesterday proved otherwise.
If we don't get anything from Rotherham he surely will be packing his bags.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:52 - Dec 3 with 757 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:48 - Dec 3 by BryanSwan

I thought we were maybe above it, but yesterday proved otherwise.
If we don't get anything from Rotherham he surely will be packing his bags.

Not surely ,surely.
Can’t afford to ,innit.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:22 - Dec 3 with 715 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:52 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Not surely ,surely.
Can’t afford to ,innit.

Sort out the compo with Southampton for Martin and there is the money to pay off Duff, we can't afford not to do it.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:24 - Dec 3 with 705 viewsWhiterockin

It looks as if posters are starting to change their vote in the poll.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:29 - Dec 3 with 678 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:22 - Dec 3 by Whiterockin

Sort out the compo with Southampton for Martin and there is the money to pay off Duff, we can't afford not to do it.

That ll do.why has this taken so long to sort out ?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:00 - Dec 3 with 653 viewsdobjack2

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:05 - Dec 1 by QJumpingJack

I am not convinced the manager is the issue.

Maybe it is the overall structure at the club.
I think Pep would struggle with the squad we have and the politics off the field,

I think the manager is an issue but is part of a bigger issue created by the owners.

Before the season started I believe that the owners decided to change everything. I think that they saw how Luton got promoted on a shoestring budget and decided that was the way to go. They got in the man they believed was responsible for Luton's transfer policy and I suspect that he influenced the appointment of a manager to play winning football with the type of players he was going to bring in.

Fast forward 19 games and it is becoming clearer that the transfer window was a disaster. In my opinion Yates needs a big man to play off and the one we signed is injury prone and has hardly been seen. We signed 3 more left backs and have had our right back playing there at times with a centre half at right back. I suspect that Patino doesn't fit in with what the manager wants hence he doesn't get game time. I can see him being recalled. We didn't sign the right players and need to rectify that in the next window otherwise we will be in serious trouble.

Our home form is poor and not entertaining. Fans are voting with their feet. We are too easy to play against, slow, lacking confidence and leadership on the pitch. Injuries haven't helped but I suspect that this squad isn't able to play the way that Duff wants. However at times it looks like players don't believe in what Duff wants them to do which is another concern.

I think Duff needs to go as he is not making the team better than the sum of the individual parts. Another manager with a similar philosophy may be able to organise us better but whether Duff goes or not, we need some quality additions in the January window not numbers.

Big decisions coming up for people who don't have any experience of championship level football and are presumably being paid very well for their roles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024