Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? 11:27 - Dec 1 with 10528 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ?,

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:26 - Dec 4 with 1225 viewsReslovenSwan1

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:44 - Dec 4 by RichardO

I've said Duff needs time but not if the current run of form and style of play which has reverted back to Martin's slow ineffectual keep ball that collapses at the first sign of pressure being applied continues.
We have seen at home at least two games which by any standard of football team in this division we should have won against Watford and Huddersfield.
In the same way as Martin last year Duff had stumbled upon a team that got results but a combination of over thinking the game firstly against Leicester and injuries has led to a string of bad performances, ok we could give Duff some slack given the number of injures we have had this year and he seems to want protect players and not rush them back into the team whether it be youngsters to get their heads right or injured players but we have lost that balance in the middle of the park between attack and defence and where is the solid platform of four at the back which didn't need midfielders to come to the rescue to play a pointless two yard pass.
If you look back over the Championship years we have really
been unable to get the balance right in the middle of the park which has been unable linked the defence and attack making us effective at both at the same time.
Player have come and gone but in the need to balance the books the players who may have aided that balance have come and gone not allowing us to build a viable team,
Must say we do seem to help our managers to go on to bigger things though, come to Swansea and learn your trade.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 12:15]

I thought Guidolin was the sort of boss to stay over his original contract. He had done it all in Italy nd was too old to get poached. Very competent and excelent contacts.

Some people need a house to live in not see it as a method of earning money by speculation. There is not that much money in trading managers. Trading managers that can pick and develop good players is chicken feed. Southampton will not even pay,

Martin ended up taking several key staff from the academy as well. He talked of reducing the doping effects of easy loans.

Is the model of up and coming mangers working since the Jenkinista era?

Clement, Potter, Cooper, Martin, now Duff with a sackful on loans. None leave a legacy so Swansea stagnate getting slightly worse with each change.

Potter left 4 poor players Celina, McKay, Asoro and John

Cooper left an over the hill Bennett on big bucks

Martin at least left Woods and Fisher. Fisher is Ok as a back-up and relatively cheap.

Coleman and Gude are paid to devise a strategy. The first strategy they have flunked is cutting the loan doping. Sold players must be replaced at least like for like by smart recruitment. There is a gaping hole at no 9.

Wise sage since Toshack era

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:58 - Dec 4 with 1198 viewsQJumpingJack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 15:26 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

I thought Guidolin was the sort of boss to stay over his original contract. He had done it all in Italy nd was too old to get poached. Very competent and excelent contacts.

Some people need a house to live in not see it as a method of earning money by speculation. There is not that much money in trading managers. Trading managers that can pick and develop good players is chicken feed. Southampton will not even pay,

Martin ended up taking several key staff from the academy as well. He talked of reducing the doping effects of easy loans.

Clement, Potter, Cooper, Martin, now Duff with a sackful on loans. None leave a legacy so Swansea stagnate getting slightly worse with each change.

Martin at least left Woods and Fisher. Fisher is Ok as a back-up and relatively cheap.

Coleman and Gude are paid to devise a strategy. The first strategy they have flunked is cutting the loan doping. Sold players must be replaced at least like for like by smart recruitment. There is a gaping hole at no 9.

Replacing Guidolin for Bradley was a great move.
From what I read at the time it was NOT a Huw Jenkins appointment. The owners should have listened to our chairman.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:18 - Dec 4 with 1172 viewsRichardO

Not a fan of loans we may get a Guehi and to be fair this year we have Humpreys who seems at ease at this level but they still has to gain experience but we should have balanced the books to live within our means since the loss of revenue from the Premiership days and should be producing our own players to intergrate with the first team squad because in many cases the bargain players we seem to ship in now carry a history of problems and injuries.
Hope Key can shake his which seemed to come from trying too hard to do everything that other players around him are unable to do, similar to Allen.
My comment with regards to the managers using us as a stepping stone was not recommendation as a financial plan.
Quick fixes are not an option now would like to see if a group of youngsters can come to the fore as in the past but that was easier to do in the lower divisions.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:38 - Dec 4 with 1110 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:18 - Dec 4 by RichardO

Not a fan of loans we may get a Guehi and to be fair this year we have Humpreys who seems at ease at this level but they still has to gain experience but we should have balanced the books to live within our means since the loss of revenue from the Premiership days and should be producing our own players to intergrate with the first team squad because in many cases the bargain players we seem to ship in now carry a history of problems and injuries.
Hope Key can shake his which seemed to come from trying too hard to do everything that other players around him are unable to do, similar to Allen.
My comment with regards to the managers using us as a stepping stone was not recommendation as a financial plan.
Quick fixes are not an option now would like to see if a group of youngsters can come to the fore as in the past but that was easier to do in the lower divisions.

Always respect what you say, you have good knowledge of the game. However, I’ve differing views on Humphreys. He’s a liability at times imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:58 - Dec 4 with 1091 viewsReslovenSwan1

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:38 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Always respect what you say, you have good knowledge of the game. However, I’ve differing views on Humphreys. He’s a liability at times imo.

Loans to Swansea are all first teamers keeping the local prospects out, Swansea loan players out on loan at a lower level are used as squad bench warmers. The academy seems to be getting great results but who is coming through this year.?

Only Azeem has seen action.

Wise sage since Toshack era

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:16 - Dec 4 with 1070 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 17:38 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Happy to have differing opinions but the reason Humpreys is being loaned out is for him to gain in experience, will he make mistakes, yes as did Guehi and that was why I preferred Pedersen alongside him as he seems to have experience on his side to help the shape at the back, is Pedersen a bit slow maybe but from what I've seen seems to make the right descions on how to mark a winger, other people's views may differ as I haven't seen a lot of Pederen.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:31 - Dec 4 with 1043 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:16 - Dec 4 by RichardO

Happy to have differing opinions but the reason Humpreys is being loaned out is for him to gain in experience, will he make mistakes, yes as did Guehi and that was why I preferred Pedersen alongside him as he seems to have experience on his side to help the shape at the back, is Pedersen a bit slow maybe but from what I've seen seems to make the right descions on how to mark a winger, other people's views may differ as I haven't seen a lot of Pederen.

Yes, we are being used for them to gain experience. It’s just I don’t see him being at ease at this level which you believe. He’s very naïve at times and prone to too many errors.
I’m with Res on this. If we are going to put inexperienced players in th3 let them be our own.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:35 - Dec 4 with 1022 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:31 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Yes, we are being used for them to gain experience. It’s just I don’t see him being at ease at this level which you believe. He’s very naïve at times and prone to too many errors.
I’m with Res on this. If we are going to put inexperienced players in th3 let them be our own.

I think we would be in the mire without Rushworth gaining experience with us. Personally I hope we get a second season.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:38 - Dec 4 with 1003 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:35 - Dec 4 by Whiterockin

I think we would be in the mire without Rushworth gaining experience with us. Personally I hope we get a second season.

Absolutely. I’m not saying we shouldn’t have loans, I’m saying we should only use them when we don’t have anything equal or better.

By the way, he was on the same train back from Paddington as me today along with Cabango, Naughton and Cullen.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:03 - Dec 4 with 951 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:31 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Think they "Wood" if he hadn't been injured
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:13 - Dec 4 with 935 viewsQJumpingJack

RM is very keen to sign Nathan Wood. Lets see what happens in January.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:44 - Dec 4 with 908 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:38 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Absolutely. I’m not saying we shouldn’t have loans, I’m saying we should only use them when we don’t have anything equal or better.

By the way, he was on the same train back from Paddington as me today along with Cabango, Naughton and Cullen.

Always recruit better than what you have.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:02 - Dec 4 with 889 viewsvetchonian

He is history

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 861 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:02 - Dec 4 by vetchonian

He is history

Wonder if they have a plan and someone else in mind?
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:27 - Dec 4 with 851 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 21:26 - Dec 4 by RichardO

Wonder if they have a plan and someone else in mind?

if I were a betting man I'd follow Bananarama

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 23:23 - Dec 4 with 754 viewsBoundy

Too soon or not at least someone made a decision but stability of the Club is sorely needed and does this mean another pay off in doing reducing our chances of improving the playing squad next month

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 00:00 - Dec 5 with 729 viewsPlankton

Yes
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:47 - Dec 5 with 620 viewsangryjack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 18:38 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Players had weekend in London after sat game..duff gave them 2 days off,after that performance should been up and down constitution hill sunday morning..
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:18 - Dec 5 with 558 viewsjack247

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 23:23 - Dec 4 by Boundy

Too soon or not at least someone made a decision but stability of the Club is sorely needed and does this mean another pay off in doing reducing our chances of improving the playing squad next month

Yes, probably. But I honestly believe the squad is better than it’s looked for most of this season. Get them playing to their potential and get a few back from injury and we may not be as desperate to strengthen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024