Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on today's draw 16:35 - Jan 28 with 1731 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13058803/marti-cifuentes-it-wasnt-our-best

Honest as always but clearly not happy about the way we played.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's draw on 16:41 - Jan 28 with 1661 viewsstainrods_elbow

And nothing to do with him whatsoever apparently, according to the usual suspects here. Apparently, the lack of press, general fearfulness and the inability to change the game during the game is all down to the (admittedly crap) players too. We might have snatched the draw, but hardly deserved it. The result aside, the whole lot of them need to look into a massive mirror together after that.
[Post edited 28 Jan 16:53]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer on today's draw on 18:47 - Jan 28 with 1434 viewsnix

But also the first time I’ve heard him criticise the ref, both with the offside goal and the constant breaks in play with free kicks as we were trying to build momentum.
Gaffer on today's draw on 09:51 - Jan 29 with 1106 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on today's draw on 18:47 - Jan 28 by nix

But also the first time I’ve heard him criticise the ref, both with the offside goal and the constant breaks in play with free kicks as we were trying to build momentum.

I think it is more about him realising that the standards of things here aren't really that great. As Andy Sinton said in his interview, Marti is one of the few that have passed through here recently that he would have wanted to work under. Marti has to take responsibility, he is the coach, but the players simply don't have the mentality a lot of the time. Coaching a better one into them consistently is hard.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's draw on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 1024 viewsRangers67

Gaffer on today's draw on 18:47 - Jan 28 by nix

The ref was diabolical without doubt as said in another thread but the fact that we didn,t even try and change tactics worries me. Also Huddersfield and most other teams we play seem to be much more aware of how to play and influence the referees than us. I think they sussed out pretty quickly that he was awful and there for the influencing and played him brilliantly. We on the other hand did not. With the experienced players we have in the team you would have thought one of the senior pros would have worked him out early.
Gaffer on today's draw on 11:14 - Jan 29 with 981 viewsNorthantsHoop

We have to face facts the bunch of players we have are not Marti's recruits most have been under performing for the last 15 or 16 months and we were lucky to survive last season. The recruits brought in by Ainsworth i.e Cook, Colback and Begovic can't really paper over the cracks that have been seismic in this squad of players since Warburton left and the few that Beale recruited. If we survive this season it will be a miracle, the table does not lie we are in the bottom 3 for a reason, our team is not good enough. I think Marti will turn out good remains to see if he will want to stay to manage a club in League 1.
Gaffer on today's draw on 11:18 - Jan 29 with 966 viewsQPRConor2000

Gaffer on today's draw on 11:14 - Jan 29 by NorthantsHoop

We have to face facts the bunch of players we have are not Marti's recruits most have been under performing for the last 15 or 16 months and we were lucky to survive last season. The recruits brought in by Ainsworth i.e Cook, Colback and Begovic can't really paper over the cracks that have been seismic in this squad of players since Warburton left and the few that Beale recruited. If we survive this season it will be a miracle, the table does not lie we are in the bottom 3 for a reason, our team is not good enough. I think Marti will turn out good remains to see if he will want to stay to manage a club in League 1.

Exactly this, Marti isnt to blame for inheriting this mess.

Id give him a summer to bring his own players in, regardless of whether we are in L1 or the Championship.

If Marti came in during the summer, wed be in the lower end of mid table, which tells you how good he has been.
Gaffer on today's draw on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 921 viewsHayesender

They may not be his players, but he's obviously asked them to play out from the back time after time after time, when it's painstakingly obvious, and quite frankly terrifying to us, that they can't do it. It just invites pressure onto us nearly every time

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gaffer on today's draw on 12:22 - Jan 29 with 857 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on today's draw on 11:18 - Jan 29 by QPRConor2000

Exactly this, Marti isnt to blame for inheriting this mess.

Id give him a summer to bring his own players in, regardless of whether we are in L1 or the Championship.

If Marti came in during the summer, wed be in the lower end of mid table, which tells you how good he has been.

I agree. When Andy Sinton says how good he actually is you have to acknowledge that he's working with a thin squad that lacks mentality and any consistency. It's not new since we got Marti in. It's been there for seasons. We basically need an almost total clear out whatever division we're in and build it with players that care.

Never knowingly right.

Login to get fewer ads

Gaffer on today's draw on 15:36 - Jan 29 with 710 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gaffer on today's draw on 11:03 - Jan 29 by Rangers67

The ref was diabolical without doubt as said in another thread but the fact that we didn,t even try and change tactics worries me. Also Huddersfield and most other teams we play seem to be much more aware of how to play and influence the referees than us. I think they sussed out pretty quickly that he was awful and there for the influencing and played him brilliantly. We on the other hand did not. With the experienced players we have in the team you would have thought one of the senior pros would have worked him out early.

Agreed.

Instead we fouled early and often and bitched to the ref about the obvious decisions, running the risk of alienating him.

As sure as night follows day, he then started giving crap decisions against us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024