Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Sh1t 08:49 - May 5 with 1342 viewsBerber

Last season, Burnley conceded 35 goals, this season, so far, 74.
Sheffield Utd, 39 vs 100
Luton 39 vs 78

This season, Leicester conceded 41 goals, vs 69 last year in the PL
Leeds 43 vs 78
Southampton 63 vs 73.

If we win the playoffs, our defence, which is clearly far inferior to the rubbish one we had in the PL is going to be an excruciating watch. We are in no way prepared for the PL, and under this manager, will never be.
[Post edited 5 May 8:50]
Oh Sh1t on 09:38 - May 5 with 1253 viewsBridders2

Presuming we get £130m if we're promoted, then we must buy a proven £30m defender to partner HB. But crucially we need to spend to get a decent goalkeeper. Hopefully we'll then survive.
Oh Sh1t on 09:43 - May 5 with 1245 viewsBerber

Oh Sh1t on 09:38 - May 5 by Bridders2

Presuming we get £130m if we're promoted, then we must buy a proven £30m defender to partner HB. But crucially we need to spend to get a decent goalkeeper. Hopefully we'll then survive.

Bazunu may not be as bad as some think. The line in front of him is very shakey, and he is under instruction to pass the ball out to players that we know don’t know what to do with it, except pass it back. But we do need another good keeper.
Oh Sh1t on 09:52 - May 5 with 1239 viewsPatfromPoole

Oh Sh1t on 09:43 - May 5 by Berber

Bazunu may not be as bad as some think. The line in front of him is very shakey, and he is under instruction to pass the ball out to players that we know don’t know what to do with it, except pass it back. But we do need another good keeper.

Bazunu simply does not save enough shots.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Oh Sh1t on 10:01 - May 5 with 1227 viewsSouthamptonfan

Oh Sh1t on 09:52 - May 5 by PatfromPoole

Bazunu simply does not save enough shots.

Correct. Mccarthy has been a surprising positive in the last few games. He is better than Bazunu at shot stopping.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Oh Sh1t on 11:13 - May 5 with 1161 viewsGRIM

Oh Sh1t on 10:01 - May 5 by Southamptonfan

Correct. Mccarthy has been a surprising positive in the last few games. He is better than Bazunu at shot stopping.

I think McCarthy has done OK since he has come in.
Considering he hadn't played a first team match this season he's adapted really well.
Our defence has benefited because he's not
as good as Baz with his feet so doesn't take so many risks.
Much less Tippy Tappy in & around our own box. Just hope he keeps it up for Play Off's.
Oh Sh1t on 11:27 - May 5 with 1141 viewsIfonly

I agree with you - if we play the kind of tactics we have done all season. But yesterday we were far more compact, gave them less space and looked less vulnerable. I'm sure RM won't be happy with the possession stats, but f**k that. If we keep this up we will start to look like a side that is worthy of promotion. Then we can worry about the PL next year (hopefully, maybe).
Oh Sh1t on 15:38 - May 5 with 983 viewsBerber

Oh Sh1t on 11:27 - May 5 by Ifonly

I agree with you - if we play the kind of tactics we have done all season. But yesterday we were far more compact, gave them less space and looked less vulnerable. I'm sure RM won't be happy with the possession stats, but f**k that. If we keep this up we will start to look like a side that is worthy of promotion. Then we can worry about the PL next year (hopefully, maybe).

I refer you to my original post.
Oh Sh1t on 23:10 - May 5 with 812 viewscocklebreath

Oh Sh1t on 09:43 - May 5 by Berber

Bazanu is as bad as we think

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh Sh1t on 23:42 - May 5 with 775 viewssaint22

Oh Sh1t on 09:38 - May 5 by Bridders2

We need a new keeper, 2 CBs a RB and a LB, CDM and striker
Oh Sh1t on 10:14 - May 6 with 624 viewsBridders2

Oh Sh1t on 23:42 - May 5 by saint22

We need a new keeper, 2 CBs a RB and a LB, CDM and striker

Agreed. I was referring to forking out a decent wedge on 2 key positions.
Oh Sh1t on 10:54 - May 6 with 598 viewssolent_toffee

Burnley romped the league last season but have been woeful this year (thankfully) and Sheff United have been even worse. Brave, plucky Luton would have been cut adrift if it wasn’t for the points deductions despite the media narrative that they’ve posed a threat and have been unlucky.

The financial restraints placed on all promoted teams has meant that they’ve barely been able to compete.

Not that the media will ever question this, they will just bask in the hammering that they get from teams with ridiculous amounts more money.
Oh Sh1t on 11:21 - May 6 with 581 viewsgrumpy

Oh Sh1t on 23:10 - May 5 by cocklebreath

Bazanu is as bad as we think

Maybe he should be coached differently.
Oh Sh1t on 11:28 - May 6 with 573 viewsJellybaby

Oh Sh1t on 10:54 - May 6 by solent_toffee

Burnley romped the league last season but have been woeful this year (thankfully) and Sheff United have been even worse. Brave, plucky Luton would have been cut adrift if it wasn’t for the points deductions despite the media narrative that they’ve posed a threat and have been unlucky.

The financial restraints placed on all promoted teams has meant that they’ve barely been able to compete.

Not that the media will ever question this, they will just bask in the hammering that they get from teams with ridiculous amounts more money.

Teams like Saints are in a cleft stick then, destined to be cannon fodder to the Elite teams with unending financial backers if they gain promotion or kept in the containment tank where they can enjoy their football, but with diminishing funds if they don't get promotion meaning they may become a second rate Championship team or worse. Possibly being a yoyo team is the best we can hope for with one bad season, one good season ad infinitum.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Oh Sh1t on 12:17 - May 6 with 547 viewssolent_toffee

Oh Sh1t on 11:28 - May 6 by Jellybaby

Teams like Saints are in a cleft stick then, destined to be cannon fodder to the Elite teams with unending financial backers if they gain promotion or kept in the containment tank where they can enjoy their football, but with diminishing funds if they don't get promotion meaning they may become a second rate Championship team or worse. Possibly being a yoyo team is the best we can hope for with one bad season, one good season ad infinitum.

One of the problems with being a yo-yo club that is the parachute money has changed and it’s no longer as lucrative. 13 clubs are cannon fodder with the snaky six and Newcastle competing in a different league, although the 6 are watching Newcastle like a hawk, the hypocritical scumbags that they are. Even Villa who have done brilliant this season and will have a crack at the trough that is the champions league, will have to sell their best players this summer to balance the PSR.

Ironically it will be one of the six who will pick up their players in the summer. The same with Everton, Branthwaite and Onana will be sold to adhere to PSR probably to the likes of United, Chelsea or City for whom the rules don’t apply.
Oh Sh1t on 12:59 - May 6 with 520 viewsJellybaby

Oh Sh1t on 12:17 - May 6 by solent_toffee

One of the problems with being a yo-yo club that is the parachute money has changed and it’s no longer as lucrative. 13 clubs are cannon fodder with the snaky six and Newcastle competing in a different league, although the 6 are watching Newcastle like a hawk, the hypocritical scumbags that they are. Even Villa who have done brilliant this season and will have a crack at the trough that is the champions league, will have to sell their best players this summer to balance the PSR.

Ironically it will be one of the six who will pick up their players in the summer. The same with Everton, Branthwaite and Onana will be sold to adhere to PSR probably to the likes of United, Chelsea or City for whom the rules don’t apply.

I suppose we could stop with the masquerade of actually playing games and just enter the financial balance sheets instead and do the league tables based on that - it may save a lot of time and anguish!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Oh Sh1t on 13:25 - May 6 with 507 viewsBerber

One of the things that any team getting into the PL has to be able to do is defend well. No matter what style of play, a poor defence will invariably lead to lots of losses. Man U are probably the biggest exception, but it has cost the best part of a billion on attacking players to keep them in the top half.

Promoted teams cannot spend that kind of cash, and if they do, it will come back to bite them in 2-3 seasons, if not sooner. As mentioned, PL clubs will be selling their assets over the summer to avoid sanctions.

Survival will always come on a base of good defending, otherwise you will just get slapped around, with best aspirations to be only a yo-yo club as mentioned.
Oh Sh1t on 13:34 - May 6 with 495 viewssolent_toffee

Oh Sh1t on 12:59 - May 6 by Jellybaby

I suppose we could stop with the masquerade of actually playing games and just enter the financial balance sheets instead and do the league tables based on that - it may save a lot of time and anguish!

Haha, that’s my take on it. I’m waiting for the day when Sky Sports News announce Chelsea’s big summer signing to be a top account to cook their books even more than now.
Oh Sh1t on 16:18 - May 6 with 411 viewsLondonSaint76

Oh Sh1t on 13:34 - May 6 by solent_toffee

Haha, that’s my take on it. I’m waiting for the day when Sky Sports News announce Chelsea’s big summer signing to be a top account to cook their books even more than now.

Rumour has it in these parts that Chelsea are getting Gordon Ramsey in, he’s kept himself fit so he can still play a bit as an impact sub - the added bonus is he can cook the books to a Michelin star standard 😀⚽️

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024