Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman 08:21 - Jan 16 with 6925 viewsPhil

Inherited a club in sound financial position thanks to three decades of hard work by Mssrs Kilpatrick and Morris.

Inherited the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC.

Nearly undid all the good work by under-selling the likes of Will Buckley and failing to offer Dagnall a good enough contract.

Finally put his hand in "his" pocket to buy O'Grady for £100k and was rewarded straight away with a promotion.

Nearly undid all the good work by under-selling Craig Dawson.

Saw the team achieve the joint best ever league position in League One thanks to the continued brilliance of Hillcroft.

Failed to persuade Hillcroft to stay (I'm thinking a contract of £200k-£300k would have seen Hill stay and that would have been better than pouring the money on £2k per week loanees)

Had "unbelievable" applicants for the manager position and instead went for a man 99% of Rochdale fans had never heard of and whose previous duties were nothing more than a bit-part assistant in the Man City youth team.

Sold O'Grady.

Allowed our new manager to bring in a ridiculous number of players including the likes of Benali and Barnes-Homer that just didn't make any sense.

Sacked Eyre and failed to put a new experienced manager in place for four weeks (and counting).

*PLEASE NOTE* - We are expected and required to accept this because we are little old Rochdale and our rightful place is 18th in League 2.

I'm a fan, but that doesn't mean I'd make a good chairman.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 938 viewsNorthernSou1

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 17:46 - Jan 16 by Phil

Does anyone want to counter my OP by listing some of the good things Dunphy has done since he became Chairman?

Surely if you all think so highly of Dunphy he deserves defending on this public forum.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Here's something I'd like to know Phillip!

What the Fu*k have you done that gives you the right to point the finger at a man that has given so much to this football club and acted with the upmost integrity throughout his time as chairman.

You clearly have no idea how this football club is run, it's evident through you flawed inaccurate post's.

Phillip your a clueless idiot!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 19:59 - Jan 16 with 920 viewsSuddenLad

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 19:21 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

According to AK at the fans forum, it's now £100k to become a director, then a minimum of £30k year on year

And to think, there's a thread on here headed "The Chairman dropped Us In It"

You fookin bastards, you need dropping in a pile of manure

*Edit: and people wonder why I sometimes get angry

I love this club as much as the next man, but not ever in a million years would I want the responsibility of being the Chairman - even if I had the bank balance to facilitate it.

I take my hat off to the Chairman and his board of Directors for the very difficult job they do, under very trying financial and economic circumstances.

Apart from anything else, our Chairman is as much a Dale fan as any of us, so he will be feeling the disappointment of our current plight at least as much as, and possibly more than most of us.

Some of the utter sh!te spouted on here about him (and the board) is uncalled for at best, and in some cases, downright disgraceful, but we have to bear in mind that we have more than our share of 'interlopers' coming onto this board simply to inflame the situation and arouse passions with the sole purpose of provoking arguments. Sometimes they even manage it !!. Some 'posts' should be treated with suspicion.

All true Dale fans know full well the role Chris Dunphy has played in the success of this club, and long may he continue in his role.

I don't envy him, nor do I pretend to know better. Like him, I'm a Dale supporter and I want the best for the club.

Now get off his back.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 20:01 - Jan 16 with 917 viewsBrierls

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 19:59 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

I love this club as much as the next man, but not ever in a million years would I want the responsibility of being the Chairman - even if I had the bank balance to facilitate it.

I take my hat off to the Chairman and his board of Directors for the very difficult job they do, under very trying financial and economic circumstances.

Apart from anything else, our Chairman is as much a Dale fan as any of us, so he will be feeling the disappointment of our current plight at least as much as, and possibly more than most of us.

Some of the utter sh!te spouted on here about him (and the board) is uncalled for at best, and in some cases, downright disgraceful, but we have to bear in mind that we have more than our share of 'interlopers' coming onto this board simply to inflame the situation and arouse passions with the sole purpose of provoking arguments. Sometimes they even manage it !!. Some 'posts' should be treated with suspicion.

All true Dale fans know full well the role Chris Dunphy has played in the success of this club, and long may he continue in his role.

I don't envy him, nor do I pretend to know better. Like him, I'm a Dale supporter and I want the best for the club.

Now get off his back.

Fookin great post!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 20:11 - Jan 16 with 891 viewssince1907

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 20:01 - Jan 16 by Brierls

Fookin great post!

agreed.............. though I do feel that the board has failed badly this season in terms of making cash available for permanent signings.
I suppose in retrospect they have been proved wise not to give real money to Eyre but FFS we now need to invest in quality players if we are to have a hope of avoiding the trap door.
Cheap loan options and free agents will NOT turn things around.
Without putting the club at risk financially we have to spend in this window be it with Beechy or with A N OTHER (as long as its not Ince!) and theres been plenty of it coming in by our standards over the last 12 months!
If we dont we will go down and then could struggle like Stockport last season and Dog & Duck this.
Its a hard line to walk but the board cannot stand limply by and let the excellent progress of the last few years dissipate limply.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 20:13 - Jan 16 with 889 viewsRAFCBLUE

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 19:51 - Jan 16 by NorthernSou1

Here's something I'd like to know Phillip!

What the Fu*k have you done that gives you the right to point the finger at a man that has given so much to this football club and acted with the upmost integrity throughout his time as chairman.

You clearly have no idea how this football club is run, it's evident through you flawed inaccurate post's.

Phillip your a clueless idiot!

Doesn't he have a right to an opinion though?

Mid-appraisal period at work I started thinking about how Dunphy has handled the last six months.

Dignified at the departure of Hillcroft (despite the circumstances), dogmatic in his pursuit of Hill's successor and now desperate in how we handle a managerial vacancy with an imperfect squad and a transfer window that has 14 days to run.

The £100k to be a director plus £30k a year comment puzzles me. If true it makes us sound like a closed shop, closed to new blood and crucially new ideas unless you can put up lots of cash.

Are our directors really pumping £30k of cash contribution of their after tax income each season? I'd wager not, more likely the commitment to director loans, itself a commitment but not the same thing. The latest accounts for example don't indicate these significant donations referred to - unless of course I'm missing something.

Face facts, there is more wrong than right at the moment. Yes there is rightly a gratititde but I can name three or four "fans" I know who would improve the board structure, some of whom run much bigger and better companies than RAFC. Why should the financial dowry stop you contributing non-financially?

Not all Dunphy's fault of course, but he's the captain of the ship and sadly will be presiding over a relegation in fourteen weeks unless a minor miracle occurs.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 20:22 - Jan 16 with 868 viewsfitzochris

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 20:13 - Jan 16 by RAFCBLUE

Doesn't he have a right to an opinion though?

Mid-appraisal period at work I started thinking about how Dunphy has handled the last six months.

Dignified at the departure of Hillcroft (despite the circumstances), dogmatic in his pursuit of Hill's successor and now desperate in how we handle a managerial vacancy with an imperfect squad and a transfer window that has 14 days to run.

The £100k to be a director plus £30k a year comment puzzles me. If true it makes us sound like a closed shop, closed to new blood and crucially new ideas unless you can put up lots of cash.

Are our directors really pumping £30k of cash contribution of their after tax income each season? I'd wager not, more likely the commitment to director loans, itself a commitment but not the same thing. The latest accounts for example don't indicate these significant donations referred to - unless of course I'm missing something.

Face facts, there is more wrong than right at the moment. Yes there is rightly a gratititde but I can name three or four "fans" I know who would improve the board structure, some of whom run much bigger and better companies than RAFC. Why should the financial dowry stop you contributing non-financially?

Not all Dunphy's fault of course, but he's the captain of the ship and sadly will be presiding over a relegation in fourteen weeks unless a minor miracle occurs.

Don't know where you've sprung from lad, but you speak the most sense I've heard in an age on here.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 22:22 - Jan 16 with 785 viewsPhil

I didn't plan on personally upsetting anyone but judging by the various replies it looks like I have. I'm sure the friends and family of Dunphy will be delighted to know just how many supporters he has.

Every time a player is sold, or a cheap option is taken, or someone complains about the training ground, or the ticket office, or the commercial activities, surely all that ultimately falls on the board of directors to resolve.

To accept everything that the directors decide just because "who else would do the job" is to perpetuate the Little Rochdale myth that Hill was so determined to erase. If our rightful place is 18th in L2 then perhaps it would have been better if we'd just stayed there. Or, as someone else put it better than I can, if that's all we can aim for then why bother.

I say again, perhaps the most important aspect of all this, is that while 20 people on here disagree with me, 1500 others are staying at home.

I suspect my username is now poison on here so this will be my last post. I'm an outspoken individual who will say face-to-face what I've already written, I have loved the club for decades and will continue to do so, but I cannot accept some of the decisions which have been made over the years and which continue to be made now. Hopefully in the years to come I will be proved very very wrong.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 23:54 - Jan 16 with 742 viewsNorthernSou1

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 22:22 - Jan 16 by Phil

I didn't plan on personally upsetting anyone but judging by the various replies it looks like I have. I'm sure the friends and family of Dunphy will be delighted to know just how many supporters he has.

Every time a player is sold, or a cheap option is taken, or someone complains about the training ground, or the ticket office, or the commercial activities, surely all that ultimately falls on the board of directors to resolve.

To accept everything that the directors decide just because "who else would do the job" is to perpetuate the Little Rochdale myth that Hill was so determined to erase. If our rightful place is 18th in L2 then perhaps it would have been better if we'd just stayed there. Or, as someone else put it better than I can, if that's all we can aim for then why bother.

I say again, perhaps the most important aspect of all this, is that while 20 people on here disagree with me, 1500 others are staying at home.

I suspect my username is now poison on here so this will be my last post. I'm an outspoken individual who will say face-to-face what I've already written, I have loved the club for decades and will continue to do so, but I cannot accept some of the decisions which have been made over the years and which continue to be made now. Hopefully in the years to come I will be proved very very wrong.

Phil you've already been proved wrong

The utter nonsense you have written is a total disgrace.

What you need to do, after taking a long hard look at yourself, is take your head out the clouds and appreciate what our loyal, genuine, passionate and most of all successful chairman has done in support of this club for many years, and long may it continue

Login to get fewer ads

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 00:20 - Jan 17 with 720 viewspl56

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 22:22 - Jan 16 by Phil

Whilst I think you were over the top in your original post , I would , along with the previous two posters , acknowledge absolutely your right to an opinion .

I like many others , welcomed the Eyre appointment as a "breath of fresh air" , and like the Board , I was proved wrong . Its easy for me as asupporter , but the buck , as in any business , has to stop with the Board when wrong decisions are taken at the top that adversely impact on the club . I also think the Board were slow to stop the sanctioning of Eyre's recruitment policy , which has now left us , at this critical stage of the season , with a hopelessly unbalanced squad . The Board presumably authorised the expenditure involved , which I guess , in our terms was not insubstantial , and , in my view should have called a stop sooner .

All that is not to detract from the superb job the Board have done over the last few years , but the last six months are a disaster in the making , and they have to take their share of responsibility . With the good times comes praise ; with the bad times criticism . and I would not argue with that . However I am equally convinced , as others have posted , they will be hurting as much as anyone and working hard to put things right . It is at that point I believe unqualified criticism is wholly negative and unwarrented .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024