Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman 08:21 - Jan 16 with 6923 viewsPhil

Inherited a club in sound financial position thanks to three decades of hard work by Mssrs Kilpatrick and Morris.

Inherited the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC.

Nearly undid all the good work by under-selling the likes of Will Buckley and failing to offer Dagnall a good enough contract.

Finally put his hand in "his" pocket to buy O'Grady for £100k and was rewarded straight away with a promotion.

Nearly undid all the good work by under-selling Craig Dawson.

Saw the team achieve the joint best ever league position in League One thanks to the continued brilliance of Hillcroft.

Failed to persuade Hillcroft to stay (I'm thinking a contract of £200k-£300k would have seen Hill stay and that would have been better than pouring the money on £2k per week loanees)

Had "unbelievable" applicants for the manager position and instead went for a man 99% of Rochdale fans had never heard of and whose previous duties were nothing more than a bit-part assistant in the Man City youth team.

Sold O'Grady.

Allowed our new manager to bring in a ridiculous number of players including the likes of Benali and Barnes-Homer that just didn't make any sense.

Sacked Eyre and failed to put a new experienced manager in place for four weeks (and counting).

*PLEASE NOTE* - We are expected and required to accept this because we are little old Rochdale and our rightful place is 18th in League 2.

I'm a fan, but that doesn't mean I'd make a good chairman.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:59 - Jan 16 with 1522 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:53 - Jan 16 by TVOS1907

Wasn't ALF sold to pay off a tax bill of some description?

Good job we signed that COG bloke in his place.

And Glenn Murray so the staffs wages would be paid on time?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:01 - Jan 16 with 1515 viewsCedar_Room

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:39 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

What do you expect from the chairman then? That he hasn't done?

I'll start this by saying we are a small club with few resources. I'm not expecting us to compete financially with almost every other club not just in L1 but L2 as well. However, we seemed to have stumbled onto a formula for success, a formula which is pretty much the only way we can expect any sort of sucess at our level: finding young talented players, developing them, selling them for profit. This model has sustained us for the past 5 years. It has also meant that we have sold players just to survive, which has at times damaged us on the field. For example I believe we could have been promoted sooner if players hadn't been sold at the wrong time and for the wrong price. But thats the chairman's call I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. This formula for success seems now to have disappeared. We are relying on loanees and journeymen, none of whom will be able to be sold for profit and thus sustain the club. The chairman needs to have the system in place regardless of who the manager is. Put what resources we have into scouting, and to youth development. Appoint a manager who knows the lower leagues and is able to find young players. Of course I don't think the Hillcroft broken toy model can be easily replicated, in fact I'd be amazed if it ever could their success I believe was largely the result of their own skills, but having success on a limited budget can be done (and success for me would simply be mid-table L1). The chairman then needs to sell players for their true value, at a time convenient to us. Not always possible of course, but how often have we sold a player at a time inconvenient to us (last day of the transfer window) and for below their value (Dawson for anything less than £1 million? ridiculous).
I think the issue surrounding the chairmen comes down to people's expectations, and what they think is possible at the club. I don't claim to know how things work behind the scenes, but can only say as a fan what I think (realistically) can happen. Its possible that none of this is reasonable, that we will forever be a club whose only ambition should be to stay in existence, to scrape by just about keeping our league status. And Dunphy has done all that he reasonably could have done. But if that is the case - whats the point in bothering? Isn't being a fan about dreaming of something more? If there is no prospect of us ever improving, of us ever being more than L2 relegation bets, then thats a pretty depressing place to be.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:07 - Jan 16 with 1500 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:30 - Jan 16 by Cedar_Room

sounds to me like the same excuses made for Eyre "but, but, he's a really nice bloke when you speak to him"
The chairman gets judged by his actions as the chairman, not by words you might speak to him over a pint.
My opinion: he could not possibly have predicted how successful Hillcroft would have been. Like most decisions he has made it was the cheap option, but it just so happened the management team were the best ever seen at the club. That was not down to his judgement - it was pure luck. Hill of course was given a lot of backing - but lest we forget the times he talked about leaving the club because players had been sold from under his feet. There were many a time when I thought that Dunphy was doing his best to stop us having any success - the sale of ALF springs to mind on that front
Yes I know Dunphy is a Dale fan FFS, I know he has kept us in business, and for that I will always be grateful. The question is whether that alone is all we can/should expect from the club?

Why do people have an issue with Dale trying to live within their means, save money where possible and spend as little as possible to get the best deal..? Every company in the world of business is trying to do this.

Somehow, as we are fans...we see this as OUR club...and WE have a god-given right to tell people how to spend the cash, even that cash which is not generated by fans but comes directly from the pockets of those in power!

The number of times on this board the club are criticised for doing things 'on the cheap' because they are trying to get the most out of the least spend..?? I'm struggling to think of an example of where this does not happen elsewhere...

Why do big multinationals have their call centres in India or technology centres in the Far East...is this because they are interested in sharing their wealth with those less fortunate..? Or, maybe they're trying to get the largest profit for the cheapest price.

Business acumen should not go out of the window just because this is football....otherwise clubs go into administration.

I'd be interested to know from the big spending messageboard members where the line should be drawn or do the club keep spending until the well runs dry..?

If Keith Hill were only here to witness this....we've moved from Messageboard Managers to Messageboard Chairmen!!

*should note, this is not a direct reply to CedarRoom's specific post as such...more to do with the general populus who have commented recently*
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:07 - Jan 16 with 1498 viewsPhil

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:53 - Jan 16 by TomRAFC

you got it more than a bit wrong

your post is a work of slanderous fiction and i struggle to see how you could post it with such conviction given your obvious lack of knowledge

the man has given his life to the club, brought in hillcroft and gave the club the best seasons in its history

I'm not sure which bit is fiction, perhaps you could let me know.

I object to the small club mentality that we should just accept our current plight without so much as questionning the people ultimately responsible.

I object to some of the ways in which the club I love has been run over the last few years.

How much money did we make from the sales of Holt, Lambert, Murray, ALF, Buckley, O'Grady and Dawson? Were all those absolute necessities to pay the tax bill. If so, then how do we propose to pay the tax bill in the next few years because at the moment we have no saleable assets and dwindling crowds?

It seems as though a lot of people on this forum don't agree with me. I'm ok with that. The problem is that 1500 floating supporters think exactly the same way every time we sell another player and everytime we take the cheap option on a new manager.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:12 - Jan 16 with 1480 viewsBobbyjoe

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:53 - Jan 16 by TomRAFC

you got it more than a bit wrong

your post is a work of slanderous fiction and i struggle to see how you could post it with such conviction given your obvious lack of knowledge

the man has given his life to the club, brought in hillcroft and gave the club the best seasons in its history

Libellous!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:17 - Jan 16 with 1467 viewsBrierls

Mr Dunphy has got things wrong since Hillcroft left, there is absolutely no doubt about that. He'll be feeling that more than anyone. I wonder how much he'd have given for a touch of hindsight on the reign(s) of Eyre and now Beech? I seem to remember a large number on here being pleased with the Eyre appointment, lots of people agreeing with the timing of his sacking, and then widespread approval at Beech taking the reigns.

It's common knowledge that Keith Hill was a pain in the arse to work with, but he had a good relationship with Mr Dunphy. He knew the constraints we as a club work under, and he was happy enough to stay for 4.5 years. That should tell you more than anything about the job Mr Dunphy has done as chairman, striking a balance between financial meltdown and giving a manager the best possible chance of success.

You may be a fan, but one with a limited grasp on reality. It's got nothing to do with being 'little old Rochdale'.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 1445 viewsBobbyjoe

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:01 - Jan 16 by Cedar_Room

I'll start this by saying we are a small club with few resources. I'm not expecting us to compete financially with almost every other club not just in L1 but L2 as well. However, we seemed to have stumbled onto a formula for success, a formula which is pretty much the only way we can expect any sort of sucess at our level: finding young talented players, developing them, selling them for profit. This model has sustained us for the past 5 years. It has also meant that we have sold players just to survive, which has at times damaged us on the field. For example I believe we could have been promoted sooner if players hadn't been sold at the wrong time and for the wrong price. But thats the chairman's call I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. This formula for success seems now to have disappeared. We are relying on loanees and journeymen, none of whom will be able to be sold for profit and thus sustain the club. The chairman needs to have the system in place regardless of who the manager is. Put what resources we have into scouting, and to youth development. Appoint a manager who knows the lower leagues and is able to find young players. Of course I don't think the Hillcroft broken toy model can be easily replicated, in fact I'd be amazed if it ever could their success I believe was largely the result of their own skills, but having success on a limited budget can be done (and success for me would simply be mid-table L1). The chairman then needs to sell players for their true value, at a time convenient to us. Not always possible of course, but how often have we sold a player at a time inconvenient to us (last day of the transfer window) and for below their value (Dawson for anything less than £1 million? ridiculous).
I think the issue surrounding the chairmen comes down to people's expectations, and what they think is possible at the club. I don't claim to know how things work behind the scenes, but can only say as a fan what I think (realistically) can happen. Its possible that none of this is reasonable, that we will forever be a club whose only ambition should be to stay in existence, to scrape by just about keeping our league status. And Dunphy has done all that he reasonably could have done. But if that is the case - whats the point in bothering? Isn't being a fan about dreaming of something more? If there is no prospect of us ever improving, of us ever being more than L2 relegation bets, then thats a pretty depressing place to be.

But this successful policy of selling on talent was entirely down to Hill and Flitcroft. Rochdale AFC just happened to be their employers at the time. Rochdale were Hillcroft, just as United were Busby, Liverpool Shankly and Derby Clough and Taylor. It's as far removed from a "formula" as it's possible to get!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:46 - Jan 16 with 1404 viewsDaley_Lama

"Failed to persuade Hillcroft to stay (I'm thinking a contract of £200k-£300k would have seen Hill stay and that would have been better than pouring the money on £2k per week loanees) "

Nobody will ever know the truth, but I very much doubt that Keith Hill would have stayed for that money, because he appears to be a very ambitious individual who is determined to get to the very top of the football tree.

Barnsley fans are already preparing themselves for his departure, in fact their message board is just like this was during his tenure including....

Taking broken toys and turning them into Championship players
Recruiting from below
Getting rid of 'star' players who don't want to be part of Team Barnsley
Playing as a team, not individuals
Playing with flare, tactics and a no fear attitude
Beating the big boys in the back garden despite having one of the smallest budgets
He might do the impossible and get them promoted, unless he gets poached by one of the big boys before hand.

That says everything about Keith Hill (and Flicker) and nothing about CD, Keith Hill was going, as was Chris O'Grady, whether he liked it or not.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:07 - Jan 16 with 1376 viewsJumeirahDale

What an absolute joke of an OP.

Tell you what Phil, why don't you toddle off and find someone with a more sound financial acumen, who is prepared to put his heart, soul and cash into the club and get a 3,000-strong fanbase team into the third tier after 40 years in the doldrums? Maybe you could pick from that queue of millionaires lining up outside Wilbutts Lane chippy.

"I'm a fan, but that doesn't mean I'd make a good chairman. "

No. You're absolutely right it doesn't. Now off you f*ck.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:21 - Jan 16 with 1346 viewsPhil

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 12:46 - Jan 16 by Daley_Lama

"Failed to persuade Hillcroft to stay (I'm thinking a contract of £200k-£300k would have seen Hill stay and that would have been better than pouring the money on £2k per week loanees) "

Nobody will ever know the truth, but I very much doubt that Keith Hill would have stayed for that money, because he appears to be a very ambitious individual who is determined to get to the very top of the football tree.

Barnsley fans are already preparing themselves for his departure, in fact their message board is just like this was during his tenure including....

Taking broken toys and turning them into Championship players
Recruiting from below
Getting rid of 'star' players who don't want to be part of Team Barnsley
Playing as a team, not individuals
Playing with flare, tactics and a no fear attitude
Beating the big boys in the back garden despite having one of the smallest budgets
He might do the impossible and get them promoted, unless he gets poached by one of the big boys before hand.

That says everything about Keith Hill (and Flicker) and nothing about CD, Keith Hill was going, as was Chris O'Grady, whether he liked it or not.

We'll never know, but if you think back to last summer Rochdale had just finished 9th in L1 and Barnsley were second relegation favourites from the Championship. Also their manager had just resigned due to the lack of money available. Was Barnsley that much of an attractive proposition that no amount of wages at Rochdale would have persuaded Hill to stay? Personally I don't think so. Also it must have been in Hill's mind, confident though he was, that his job was safe at Rochdale but at Barnsley he could be sacked after three months.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:24 - Jan 16 with 1334 viewsPhil

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:07 - Jan 16 by JumeirahDale

What an absolute joke of an OP.

Tell you what Phil, why don't you toddle off and find someone with a more sound financial acumen, who is prepared to put his heart, soul and cash into the club and get a 3,000-strong fanbase team into the third tier after 40 years in the doldrums? Maybe you could pick from that queue of millionaires lining up outside Wilbutts Lane chippy.

"I'm a fan, but that doesn't mean I'd make a good chairman. "

No. You're absolutely right it doesn't. Now off you f*ck.

Sorry, I don't know any millionaires. Does that mean I can't question the people in charge of the club?

I don't know anyone who would make a better prime minister but I can still disagree with a lot of what David Cameron does.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:25 - Jan 16 with 1328 viewsDaley_Lama

I'd say "yes" it was myself.

As was Sheffield United.

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:32 - Jan 16 with 1294 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:24 - Jan 16 by Phil

Sorry, I don't know any millionaires. Does that mean I can't question the people in charge of the club?

I don't know anyone who would make a better prime minister but I can still disagree with a lot of what David Cameron does.

Where is the question in your original post..? You didn't question anything/anyone but chose to come out with random statements!

You've been shown up to be factually incorrect here Phil, so if you're going to turn your hand to politics and questioning the Prime Minister you might want to invest your time looking for factual information rather than heresay and conjecture.

I am confident your posting will be equally as well received in the political forums...
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:36 - Jan 16 with 1281 viewsJumeirahDale

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 13:24 - Jan 16 by Phil

You can question whoever you want pal, but try (a) getting your facts straight and (b) providing a balanced argument rather than a nonsensical rant full of misinformation, half-truths and irrelevance. Fortunately the vast majority of Dale fans are intelligent enough to see your post for exactly what it was.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 14:05 - Jan 16 with 1228 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Has anyone considered the possibility that Hillcroft might just have been lucky? If you toss a coin a thousand times, you'll get a few runs of heads or tails. Dawson and O'Grady were excellent signings, no doubt. One untested youngster with The Right Stuff(TM) and one serial underachiever with an apparently bad attitude. Looking further back we have signings like Murray, Perkins, Wiseman, Tom Kennedy and so on.

But it was also Hillcroft who signed Prendergast, McArdle, D'Laryea, Thorpe, Toner, Keltie, Shaw, McEvilly, Elding, Redshaw, Flynn, Arthur. He also nearly let Wiseman go for nothing until Ramsden got his head turned by the Bantams.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and pretend that Keith is some kind of transfer-wizard who never made a mistake. While I do think the recruitment by Eyre was poor, Hilly dropped his fair share of clangers as well. I think Trotman could (and probably should) have had just as big of an impact as Dawson had at Dale and the signings of Tutte and Grimes should have been two of the best of recent seasons.

I think the secret is simply that Steve Eyre didn't know how to win football matches...and that's the secret of the whole damn business!

Dawson was never going to command a big fee and Buckley was always going to be a risk for a higher-division buyer. I'd argue the same about Alfie and Daggers for that matter. The fact we can't offer big wages and long contracts will always count against us.

The board can do nothing about this. If we had a source of reliable income (gates, commercial, merchandise or a nice Sheik or two) we could tie players to longer-term contracts, offer them more money and pump up their value. If we'd had Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, he'd have been sold 18-24 months earler and would have gone for maybe £200k+addons. Because Southampton could offer him £15k a week, they kept him and developed him for 2 additional years and banked £12mil.

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 14:41 - Jan 16 with 1061 viewsDaley_Lama

" I think Trotman could (and probably should) have had just as big of an impact as Dawson had at Dale and the signings of Tutte and Grimes should have been two of the best of recent seasons."

Trotmann? Nope, don't agree. Some players who are initially thought of as being ace end up slipping down to find their level. Trotmann is one, only his level is below L1. Dawson is upwardly mobile.

Tutte: Average midfielder at best for me, I far prefer JK

Grimes: Good signing on a free, however sticking him as the lone front man and hoofing it to him was the tactics of a manager without much of a clue.

At least 'lucky' Keith Hill signed one of your rubbish players in Thorpe for us to hoof it up too, perhaps his luck was something more to do with having a clue what he was doing.

Your list of flops at Spotland is rather harsh as well for me, ok the likes of Keltie, Toner, Rory Mc, Prendhegast etc etc etc didn't all go on to command transfer fees as bigger clubs came calling, but they all did their bit for the improvement of the team as a whole, compared to some previous donkeys we've had, your list is like the Spanish World Cup winning team.

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 15:02 - Jan 16 with 1024 viewsSaxonDale

Prendergast, McArdle, Thorpe, Toner,Flynn,McEvilly- All did a good job for Rochdale, despite their limited ability, thanks mainly to the way Hillcroft got them playing.

The thing Hillcroft did is they made the bad players seem a lot better than they were by playing to their strengths while also finding a large amount of good players. It's interesting really that the likes of Perkins, Done, Dagnall, TK, O'Grady, Dawson have all made it to championship level while the likes of Muirhead,Whaley, D'Laryea are non-league. However at some point they were all a part of a succesful Rochdale.

As for Ramsden Hill only offered him a new contract ahead of Wiseman due to his ability of playing Centre Half as well as right back. Something which due to a limited budget he was forced to do.

If Hillcroft had a much higher budget than their time at Rochdale perhaps we'd have been talking about the signings of Rhodes, Fielding, Madine or Josh Thompson as further Hillcroft signings who'd made us money. I honestly can't think of a single Hillcroft player who they released out of choice and who went on to become a better player.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 15:02 - Jan 16 with 1024 viewsmexmike

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:03 - Jan 16 by judd

He did allow the dug outs to be swapped around.

Completely fooked the feng shui of the club up it has.

Just saying.

Hmmmm ive always thought the dug out swap was a major part to play in our current plight, glad its not just me who thinks that.
Swap it back and i'll guarantee Beech will have us in the Premiership next season !!! Somehow, prob best if you don't ask me how.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 15:09 - Jan 16 with 1015 viewsBobbyjoe

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 14:05 - Jan 16 by Doolan_Is_God

Has anyone considered the possibility that Hillcroft might just have been lucky? If you toss a coin a thousand times, you'll get a few runs of heads or tails. Dawson and O'Grady were excellent signings, no doubt. One untested youngster with The Right Stuff(TM) and one serial underachiever with an apparently bad attitude. Looking further back we have signings like Murray, Perkins, Wiseman, Tom Kennedy and so on.

But it was also Hillcroft who signed Prendergast, McArdle, D'Laryea, Thorpe, Toner, Keltie, Shaw, McEvilly, Elding, Redshaw, Flynn, Arthur. He also nearly let Wiseman go for nothing until Ramsden got his head turned by the Bantams.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and pretend that Keith is some kind of transfer-wizard who never made a mistake. While I do think the recruitment by Eyre was poor, Hilly dropped his fair share of clangers as well. I think Trotman could (and probably should) have had just as big of an impact as Dawson had at Dale and the signings of Tutte and Grimes should have been two of the best of recent seasons.

I think the secret is simply that Steve Eyre didn't know how to win football matches...and that's the secret of the whole damn business!

Dawson was never going to command a big fee and Buckley was always going to be a risk for a higher-division buyer. I'd argue the same about Alfie and Daggers for that matter. The fact we can't offer big wages and long contracts will always count against us.

The board can do nothing about this. If we had a source of reliable income (gates, commercial, merchandise or a nice Sheik or two) we could tie players to longer-term contracts, offer them more money and pump up their value. If we'd had Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, he'd have been sold 18-24 months earler and would have gone for maybe £200k+addons. Because Southampton could offer him £15k a week, they kept him and developed him for 2 additional years and banked £12mil.

Looks a pretty tidy list to me. I think you're wrong on this, DiG! Hill and Flitcroft's achievement at Dale cannot be overstated. What's worse is that they continue to cast a massive shadow, which has already clouded rational thinking about the future.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 987 viewsDale_Iain

Just in response to the criticism for selling the likes of Alfie, Buckley etc at bad times for us, firstly those deals not only kept us financially stable but also earned us money further down the line due to the clauses we negotiated.

Secondly I give you the examples of TK and Dagnall, who were both kept on til the end of the season, knowing full well that we'd receive no money for them when we could have got decent money for them in January. We did this to give ourselves the best possible chance of getting promoted. We may not be in League One now if Dunphy and whoever else was involved decided to take the money.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 919 viewsPhil

Does anyone want to counter my OP by listing some of the good things Dunphy has done since he became Chairman?

Surely if you all think so highly of Dunphy he deserves defending on this public forum.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 17:50 - Jan 16 with 909 viewsD_Alien

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 17:46 - Jan 16 by Phil

Does anyone want to counter my OP by listing some of the good things Dunphy has done since he became Chairman?

Surely if you all think so highly of Dunphy he deserves defending on this public forum.

1. Ensured we have a football league club to support by setting out the principles he and the board apply when directing the finances of the club

For points 2 - 1002, read the above

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 18:18 - Jan 16 with 879 viewsAZURE

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 17:46 - Jan 16 by Phil

Phil, your original post is probably the most ill-informed, inaccurate, insulting, risible post I have ever read on this board.... and that's saying something!!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 18:45 - Jan 16 with 848 viewsArthurDaley

Who would ever want to become a director/ chairman of Rochdale football club.
Its a good job people like Chris Dunphy do. From a kid standing on the Sandy Lane to chairman, that takes some doing. I would like to know how many other chairman/directors have done the same thing.
I would like to know how much money CD has put into this club. A few years ago someone told me at the start of the season the directors each put in £20,000 .
God only knows how much they have to put in now to keep this club afloat.

A bit to add about Andy Kelly, he paid for the gym in the Willbutts stand.

A large VAT Dave

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 19:21 - Jan 16 with 818 viewsD_Alien

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 18:45 - Jan 16 by ArthurDaley

Who would ever want to become a director/ chairman of Rochdale football club.
Its a good job people like Chris Dunphy do. From a kid standing on the Sandy Lane to chairman, that takes some doing. I would like to know how many other chairman/directors have done the same thing.
I would like to know how much money CD has put into this club. A few years ago someone told me at the start of the season the directors each put in £20,000 .
God only knows how much they have to put in now to keep this club afloat.

A bit to add about Andy Kelly, he paid for the gym in the Willbutts stand.

According to AK at the fans forum, it's now £100k to become a director, then a minimum of £30k year on year

And to think, there's a thread on here headed "The Chairman dropped Us In It"

You fookin bastards, you need dropping in a pile of manure

*Edit: and people wonder why I sometimes get angry

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024