Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards 15:55 - Apr 17 with 6178 viewsDALEYCADDERS

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~2738737,00.html
Edwards on 16:08 - Apr 17 with 4907 viewselectricblue

Good lad hope that he plays aswell.
Some light at the end of a long and dark season.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Edwards on 17:25 - Apr 17 with 4759 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Perhaps another missed opportunity.......bringing in the kid earlier might,just might have prevented every team we have played recently, scoring spectacular goals from distance?
Edwards on 18:58 - Apr 17 with 4641 viewsD_Alien

Apart from being prone to injury - which hopefully he's now putting behind him - I can't for the life of me see why anyone would think he's not up to the task of becoming Dale's No. 1

I've yet to see him make a mistake! His taking of the high ball in the first couple of minutes last Saturday was exemplary, a sign of confidence in his ability and it set the tone for the rest of the match.

The international recognition will further boost his confidence. JC need look no further.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Edwards on 19:01 - Apr 17 with 4631 viewsSuddenLad

Edwards on 18:58 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Apart from being prone to injury - which hopefully he's now putting behind him - I can't for the life of me see why anyone would think he's not up to the task of becoming Dale's No. 1

I've yet to see him make a mistake! His taking of the high ball in the first couple of minutes last Saturday was exemplary, a sign of confidence in his ability and it set the tone for the rest of the match.

The international recognition will further boost his confidence. JC need look no further.

I agree. He's earned his chance, fitness permitting.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Edwards on 19:11 - Apr 17 with 4604 viewsolympicdale

He's not really had much opportunities to stake a claim for the number one spot, in recent years, granted he's done okay when put in, i'm not convinced he's the answer to our permanent 'keeper problem. I cant see him wanting to stay to be another understudy though.

Life is a game of fate.

Edwards on 19:34 - Apr 17 with 4556 viewsD_Alien

Edwards on 19:11 - Apr 17 by olympicdale

He's not really had much opportunities to stake a claim for the number one spot, in recent years, granted he's done okay when put in, i'm not convinced he's the answer to our permanent 'keeper problem. I cant see him wanting to stay to be another understudy though.

That's very much the point OD!

If JC doesn't show some faith in him now, he'll become unsettled and it'll undermine his confidence. How are we going to find a permanent keeper with better prospects than Edwards? He's at least as good as most of the loanee keepers we've had, considerably better than some!

People keep expressing doubts about him - but where's the evidence he's not up to it?

Height, handling, shot-stopping, kicking, distribution... what more do people want?

Edwards on 19:37 - Apr 17 with 4545 viewsRalphs12

Congrats too him. Would really like to see him keeping the No.1 spot now.
Edwards on 19:38 - Apr 17 with 4541 viewsolympicdale

Edwards on 19:34 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

If JC doesn't show some faith in him now, he'll become unsettled and it'll undermine his confidence. How are we going to find a permanent keeper with better prospects than Edwards? He's at least as good as most of the loanee keepers we've had, considerably better than some!

People keep expressing doubts about him - but where's the evidence he's not up to it?

Height, handling, shot-stopping, kicking, distribution... what more do people want?

Being how Hilly was with keepers he never seemed comfortable trying him in the first team, always hunted out a loanee instead of giving him a chance.

I'd love for him to be our number one if JC thinks he's good enough, a cameo here and there isnt really enough to judge him, unfortunetly he hasnt had a prolonged run in the side to stake a claim, catch 22 really.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards on 19:40 - Apr 17 with 4534 viewsRalphs12

Edwards on 19:38 - Apr 17 by olympicdale

Being how Hilly was with keepers he never seemed comfortable trying him in the first team, always hunted out a loanee instead of giving him a chance.

I'd love for him to be our number one if JC thinks he's good enough, a cameo here and there isnt really enough to judge him, unfortunetly he hasnt had a prolonged run in the side to stake a claim, catch 22 really.

He also never released him even through the injuries, which could be another look at it.
Edwards on 19:44 - Apr 17 with 4521 viewsolympicdale

Edwards on 19:40 - Apr 17 by Ralphs12

He also never released him even through the injuries, which could be another look at it.

yeah thats true, clearly saw enough in him, but not enough to play him, interesting dilemma.

Life is a game of fate.

Edwards on 20:10 - Apr 17 with 4479 viewsmacro

Edwards on 19:44 - Apr 17 by olympicdale

yeah thats true, clearly saw enough in him, but not enough to play him, interesting dilemma.

cheap
Edwards on 20:15 - Apr 17 with 4464 viewsBartRowou

SQUAD IN FULL

Goalkeepers: Grant Adam (Rangers), Matthew Edwards (Rochdale), Mark Ridgers (Hearts).

Defenders: Paul Hanlon (Hibernian), Ryan Jack (Aberdeen), Ross Perry (Rangers), Clark Robertson (Aberdeen), Lewis Toshney (Celtic), Danny Wilson (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Scott Allan (West Bromwich Albion), Stuart Armstrong (Dundee United), Liam Kelly (Kilmarnock), Rhys McCabe (Rangers), Dylan McGeouch (Celtic), Kenny McLean (St Mirren), Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday), David Wotherspoon (Hibernian).

Forwards: Islam Feruz (Chelsea), Alex MacDonald (Burnley), Gary Mackay-Steven (Dundee United), Michael O'Halloran (Bolton), Johnny Russell (Dundee United).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Edwards on 20:17 - Apr 17 with 4458 viewsSuddenLad

Edwards on 20:15 - Apr 17 by BartRowou

SQUAD IN FULL

Goalkeepers: Grant Adam (Rangers), Matthew Edwards (Rochdale), Mark Ridgers (Hearts).

Defenders: Paul Hanlon (Hibernian), Ryan Jack (Aberdeen), Ross Perry (Rangers), Clark Robertson (Aberdeen), Lewis Toshney (Celtic), Danny Wilson (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Scott Allan (West Bromwich Albion), Stuart Armstrong (Dundee United), Liam Kelly (Kilmarnock), Rhys McCabe (Rangers), Dylan McGeouch (Celtic), Kenny McLean (St Mirren), Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday), David Wotherspoon (Hibernian).

Forwards: Islam Feruz (Chelsea), Alex MacDonald (Burnley), Gary Mackay-Steven (Dundee United), Michael O'Halloran (Bolton), Johnny Russell (Dundee United).

I wonder if Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday) is 'son of Carlton'. Anyone know ?

Edwards on 20:18 - Apr 17 with 4453 viewsTimmyC

Edwards on 20:10 - Apr 17 by macro

cheap

Hill saw his potential. He signed him at 18 or 19? Not many 18, 19 year old keepers get many chances at that age. If he wasnt good enough am sure Hill could have found plenty of cheap options. Good luck to him, 21 now. I thought he proved Saturday and what i have seen of him before he has something!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Edwards on 20:35 - Apr 17 with 4414 viewsTVOS1907

Edwards on 20:17 - Apr 17 by SuddenLad

I wonder if Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday) is 'son of Carlton'. Anyone know ?

Just Googled him and it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, which you'd think it would be.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Edwards on 20:41 - Apr 17 with 4398 viewsRAFCBLUE

Edwards on 20:35 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Just Googled him and it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, which you'd think it would be.

http://www.beswickssports.com/sport-news/view/article345.htm

More than a slight resemblance.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Edwards on 20:45 - Apr 17 with 4385 viewsTVOS1907

Edwards on 20:41 - Apr 17 by RAFCBLUE

http://www.beswickssports.com/sport-news/view/article345.htm

More than a slight resemblance.

Thought that myself - unless he's too embarrassed to mention it!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Edwards on 22:54 - Apr 17 with 4285 viewsDale_Iain

I quite like Edwards myself. He's always looked competent when he's played, and more importantly he's always looked confident. I'd be happy for him to be given a chance as No.1 next season. And congratulations to him for having a Scottish gran.
Edwards on 23:11 - Apr 17 with 4265 viewsThreeLions

He must be shit if hes playing for the skirt wearers
Edwards on 23:14 - Apr 17 with 4263 viewsD_Alien

Edwards on 23:11 - Apr 17 by ThreeLions

He must be shit if hes playing for the skirt wearers

Wearing a skirt is becoming a tradition with Dale keepers, didn't you know?

Edwards on 23:19 - Apr 17 with 4254 viewsThreeLions

Edwards on 23:14 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Wearing a skirt is becoming a tradition with Dale keepers, didn't you know?

Aye ive seen Gilks walking through Royton in his latest tartan skirt
Edwards on 23:47 - Apr 17 with 4230 viewspl56

Edwards on 19:34 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Agreed !

Whenever I've seen him in the reserves , youth team , or friendlies , he's always seemed vocal , confident , commanding and agile ... what more do you want from a keeper ?
Edwards on 07:19 - Apr 18 with 4181 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Edwards on 20:35 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

'son of Patsy' I believe :-)
Edwards on 09:35 - Apr 18 with 4114 viewsSuddenLad

Edwards on 07:19 - Apr 18 by Albert_Whitehurst

'son of Patsy' I believe :-)

or Roger, maybe ?

Edwards on 12:42 - Apr 18 with 4040 viewsPDIDDY

Edwards on 20:17 - Apr 17 by SuddenLad

or patsy

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024