Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A couple of points 22:02 - May 23 with 6558 viewsSonofNorfolt

My criticism of Warnock is based on a lot of information that I have gleaned from various contacts that I'm not prepared to reveal or divulge further details on. You have to trust me. I've nothing to gain from this.

As for Mackie, I knew that little comment would trigger responses from his followers. I don't dislike him at all, but he is a very limited player, and he hasn't got any tricks.
Does he ever drop his shoulder? Try a step over? Kick the ball with his left?
No, it's head down no nonsense mindless boogie run into the full back and see what happens. Some games he was dreadful, yet this seems to be brushed over because he tries hard and scored two important goals, one thanks to Luis Enrique's abherration and the other mainly down to brilliant work by Traore.
He shows massive heart yet I fear that will not be enough next season.

This is my opinion, and if you don't like it I won't lose any sleep.
A couple of points on 22:28 - May 23 with 3795 viewsted_hendrix

I am expecting a better season from JM, I see in him a lot of potential and I thought the way he's played after coming back from a broken leg has been superb.
In addition he's now got the backing of a Premiership management team who are far better than the previous management team and a club that is on a solid foundation.
I'm quite sure our thoroughly professional management team will bring JM to the next level next season.
JM is not devoid of skill, It just needs developing/bringing on.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

A couple of points on 22:39 - May 23 with 3754 viewsJuzzie

Why is it necessary for all players to have 'tricks'? Is this Sky Sports Street Football or something?

One or two maybe but I'm fooking sick of multiple step overs. This is not Lord of the Dance.

I swear Ronaldo would go down half the pitch doing about twenty step overs on the way before leaping in the penalty area like a salmon going back to spawn.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
A couple of points on 22:44 - May 23 with 3728 viewsstansleftfoot

Its all about consistency and choices, JM dosn't have the first and often makes the wrong choice.....but....sometimes he does things which such simple ease that you really reckon he could make it....that he should never touch the ball more than three times in succession, is my view...the longer he's got the ball the greater the odds of cocking it up...i think he is a better taker of chances than a maker...and that not down to JM, its down to his manager and coach.
Love seeing his honesty at QPR and hope he continues to get picked and scores 10-12 goals a season.....stand by Jamie Mackie...he's a fxcking trojan...limited...Jamie Mackie made Arjen Robbin look like a donkey the other night. There's better looking players out there you give you far less return.....
A couple of points on 23:12 - May 23 with 3641 viewsadhoc_qpr

It seems like you are deliberately exaggerating for effect (Mackie's 'followers' etc) but i'll respond anyway.

You say Mackie hasn't got any tricks and he doesn't do step overs - but i've seen him beat players multiple times this season. Isn't that what tricks are supposed to accomplish - beating players to get into space? His runs against Spurs, Swansea away, his goal vs Swansea at home off the top of my head.

Also you dismiss him and say he scored 2 important goals - but he's scored 7 (our 2nd highest scorer) and created 5 (more than Adel). Isn't that what we want from our attacking players - goals and assists?

Finally you dismiss his work rate as 'trying hard' but how many times has his closing down prevented a swift counter attack or won us a corner - again surely worthwhile outcomes?

Not saying he's perfect, (his lack of pace and composure in possession was painfully exposed against Man City for example) but all our players have flaws.

Not sure why people pick on Mackie who makes the most of his abilities when other players have just as many flaws but without his positives (character and end product).
A couple of points on 23:15 - May 23 with 3628 viewsqueensparker

Mackie is a massively limited player, no doubt, but a massively limited player who destroyed Evra and Assou-Ekoto and scored some very important goals. And even within his limitations he must be a bloody nightmare to play against, like some sci-fi monster who never gives up and never dies.

What it comes down to for me is that without him, we'd have been relegated. We'll always owe him that

A couple of points on 23:55 - May 23 with 3547 viewsHollowayRanger

think he scored 8 premiership goals

thats not bad not bad at all AS he played most of season out wide yes there are better players out there but until we have 11 of them i have no problem at all in having this so called limited player who gives 100% week in week out in our side

as for the liverpool goal was he lucky ...yes up to a point but after 90mins or so how many others would have charged after that ball like that and forced an error ,mackie could be our kuyt

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

A couple of points on 23:57 - May 23 with 3545 viewsSharpy

Not read Mel`s piece, but responding to above.Stoke put Huth a CB on him, so he must at least put a element of fear into FB`s with his style of play.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

A couple of points on 23:59 - May 23 with 3543 viewsshrewranger

A couple of points on 23:15 - May 23 by queensparker

Mackie is a massively limited player, no doubt, but a massively limited player who destroyed Evra and Assou-Ekoto and scored some very important goals. And even within his limitations he must be a bloody nightmare to play against, like some sci-fi monster who never gives up and never dies.

What it comes down to for me is that without him, we'd have been relegated. We'll always owe him that

agree 100%
jamie was player of the year for me,a big hearted guy who loves the club and is improving every year.i thought at the start of the season that he wasn't going to hack it at this level,but he's won me over.he will never be the most skilfull player in the world but he will never let this club or its fans down,i think we are lucky to have this guy wearing the shirt.
Login to get fewer ads

A couple of points on 00:01 - May 24 with 3532 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't get it.

Is this thread a response to another thread?

Mackie's good and if you don't like Warnock that's cool but if you're not prepared to say why, don't bother starting a thread. It makes no sense.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

A couple of points on 00:06 - May 24 with 3521 viewskensalriser

I didn't think Mackie could cut in the Premier but I'm happy to say I got it wrong. Forget his weaknesses, we all know what they are, but what about his lesser discussed strengths? He has a real striker's instinct for getting into the box and either shooting or setting up others, and no little composure when doing so. That's why he got the goals against Liverpool and City, among others.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A couple of points on 00:36 - May 24 with 3502 viewsKiwi76

A couple of points on 22:44 - May 23 by stansleftfoot

Its all about consistency and choices, JM dosn't have the first and often makes the wrong choice.....but....sometimes he does things which such simple ease that you really reckon he could make it....that he should never touch the ball more than three times in succession, is my view...the longer he's got the ball the greater the odds of cocking it up...i think he is a better taker of chances than a maker...and that not down to JM, its down to his manager and coach.
Love seeing his honesty at QPR and hope he continues to get picked and scores 10-12 goals a season.....stand by Jamie Mackie...he's a fxcking trojan...limited...Jamie Mackie made Arjen Robbin look like a donkey the other night. There's better looking players out there you give you far less return.....

Agree with that Stan + finally caught up with the podcast this week and after hearing him I'll back him to continue to improve.
Going to be difficult for him if we do sign someone like Moses/Jarvis as can't see him knocking Cisse/Zamora out as straight out forward.
Some composed finishing and 100% effort will keep him involved though even if making impact from the bench.
Top man!
A couple of points on 01:06 - May 24 with 3479 viewsozexile

A couple of points on 00:36 - May 24 by Kiwi76

Agree with that Stan + finally caught up with the podcast this week and after hearing him I'll back him to continue to improve.
Going to be difficult for him if we do sign someone like Moses/Jarvis as can't see him knocking Cisse/Zamora out as straight out forward.
Some composed finishing and 100% effort will keep him involved though even if making impact from the bench.
Top man!

Let's not forget mackies contribution against Blackburn away. He came on run his heart out and claimed 2 goals. Putting our so called superstars to shame. We list the game but he represented every fan out there you could see the passion running through his blood! Top man.
A couple of points on 02:28 - May 24 with 3439 viewsFearless

Mel,

You're digging a hole

I for one felt we were better in our championship winning seaason that after Mackie was injured we replaced him with Routledge.

But... His return from injury has been sublime in the premier and he is absolutely key in us still being there

As others have said, more worthy players get less stick

I love his attitude, I appreciate his limitations, but above all else.. I'm glad he's ours

A couple of points on 03:58 - May 24 with 3412 viewsSydneyRs

Jeez, some people are hard to please.

The Liverpool goal. First he was there, second he had the composure to finish it where many other would not have. Without that goal we would have been relegated.

Same at City, that goal could have been the difference before Stoke scored and we put the cue on the rack after their game finished. Again when presented with the chance, one of very few in that game, he buried it. One of the great QPR moments.

If everyone in the squad made the most of his abilities in the way Mackie does we would not have been sweating on the final day. Give the guy a break, he's done superbly.
A couple of points on 05:44 - May 24 with 3377 viewsHayesender

Here's a simple question.

Would any of you swap Mackie for £20 million Stuart Downing?

I certainly wouldn't, not in a million years

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A couple of points on 07:33 - May 24 with 3308 viewsSKABOUR

A couple of points on 05:44 - May 24 by Hayesender

Here's a simple question.

Would any of you swap Mackie for £20 million Stuart Downing?

I certainly wouldn't, not in a million years

Agreed. Also think he's better than Milner too!
A couple of points on 07:54 - May 24 with 3262 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On the Mackie front, I don't think anyone would argue that he's our most talented player, but I think he's worth one of the twenty-five slots. I think he brings energy, and eye for goal and (not to be under-estimated) an excellent attitude to the dressing room and training ground. We desperately need players with good attitude and leadership within the club, a core of players who embody professionalism and a serious work ethic, who will pass it on to current and incoming players.

Every club needs that as a an absolute basic, and we haven't had enough of it of late. Derry, Hill and Mackie are therefore indispensable at Loftus Road right now, I would suggest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A couple of points on 08:05 - May 24 with 3237 viewsHoopstar

Scored as many as Hoilett who everyone has been drooled over. Very different players with different degrees of natural ability for sure but a similar end product which is what counts.
A couple of points on 08:08 - May 24 with 3218 viewsSKABOUR

You stand alone SonofNorfolt.

A couple of points on 08:12 - May 24 with 3212 viewsconnell10

ive been reading through theses posts and the word that keeps coming up is mackie isnt the most " skillful" of players! well ive watched every team in the prem at rangers this season and i think there are a lot of players who aint that "skillful" plying their trade in the prem! the bloke does what he,s asked to do and gives 100%, you cant ask for anymore than that and to call him a no trick pony is just being a bit daft really!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

A couple of points on 08:19 - May 24 with 3196 viewsWrittler

A couple of points on 08:08 - May 24 by SKABOUR

You stand alone SonofNorfolt.

Not alone - for Mackie read Wardley - will get found out next season
A couple of points on 08:28 - May 24 with 3171 viewsJamie

A couple of points on 08:19 - May 24 by Writtler

Best sell him to Everton then and let Moyesie get found out.
A couple of points on 08:32 - May 24 with 3157 viewsSKABOUR

Wardley??? If you say so.

Mackie was Plymouths best player in the championship. One of your best players before he broke his leg last year and has now stepped up to the Premiership.

Even if he doesnt do well next season, comparing him to wardley is a p***take.
A couple of points on 08:42 - May 24 with 3132 viewssmegma

Mel , you don't have to justify your comments to anyone on here. I don't agree with all you said, as I commented in the article , but it was a good article with some salient points. Its your opinion and as the saying goes 'you pay your money' and all that.
Or as some Scouse beat combo would have it ' when you gonna learn, that it takes all sorts, don't you think life will be a little drab , if we had the same thoughts ? '

(your starter for 10 : name tha tune/band)
A couple of points on 08:53 - May 24 with 3118 viewsjonno

Laughable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024