Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A couple of points 22:02 - May 23 with 6706 viewsSonofNorfolt

My criticism of Warnock is based on a lot of information that I have gleaned from various contacts that I'm not prepared to reveal or divulge further details on. You have to trust me. I've nothing to gain from this.

As for Mackie, I knew that little comment would trigger responses from his followers. I don't dislike him at all, but he is a very limited player, and he hasn't got any tricks.
Does he ever drop his shoulder? Try a step over? Kick the ball with his left?
No, it's head down no nonsense mindless boogie run into the full back and see what happens. Some games he was dreadful, yet this seems to be brushed over because he tries hard and scored two important goals, one thanks to Luis Enrique's abherration and the other mainly down to brilliant work by Traore.
He shows massive heart yet I fear that will not be enough next season.

This is my opinion, and if you don't like it I won't lose any sleep.
A couple of points on 14:24 - May 24 with 1481 viewsreal_loftus

I think Mel's positioning himself as the "Adrian Durham" of Loft For Words.

Nom, nom, nom.

Now, when you've all finished biting, can we get back to a sensible debate, or preferably photos of hot BURDS? Like this one-

ATAF.

A couple of points on 14:34 - May 24 with 1463 viewsloftboy

Regarding Warnock I had several people who have sources in the club ring me up and tell me a few things that Mel is leaning towards, as far as I know none of these people know eachother but all pretty much gave me the same info, again as Mel said he's not going to compromise his source.
As for Mackie I'm going to disagree Mel, every team needs a Mackie type player, 100% commitment and never say die attitude more than makes up for a couple of stepovers.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A couple of points on 14:59 - May 24 with 1428 viewsPhildo

I think he is a player who works hard to improve rather than landing a big pay deal and assuming hes made it and giving up until contract renewal time. For that i love him.

He is my boys favourite player- direct running with pace.And he can finish.
A couple of points on 15:29 - May 24 with 1401 views100percent

A couple of points on 13:32 - May 24 by SonofNorfolt

& the Queen is a slag as well!

Re: POTY. Helguson got my vote, remember him? Much as I was pleased for Hill, who deserved a lot of credit last season too.

Mackie I think works quite well as an impact sub, but is laughably bad sometimes when in from the off.

Ask yourself this with the current squad fully fit, would he make your starting XI?

Reply by all means but don't make it personal unless you know me.
I'm not hard to find, and won't hide behind a computer, and don't dare compare my comments to any from 'Fantasy Island'.

My book is still available

Mel likes prog rock..... pretty much sums up his taste......
A couple of points on 15:52 - May 24 with 1379 viewsHarlesdon

A couple of points on 15:29 - May 24 by 100percent

Mel likes prog rock..... pretty much sums up his taste......

A couple of points on 15:59 - May 24 with 1371 viewsSonofNorfolt

A couple of points on 15:52 - May 24 by Harlesdon

Yea, I prefer people who can play, rather than thinking they can
A couple of points on 17:33 - May 24 with 1314 viewsSuperhoops2808

A couple of points on 14:34 - May 24 by loftboy

Regarding Warnock I had several people who have sources in the club ring me up and tell me a few things that Mel is leaning towards, as far as I know none of these people know eachother but all pretty much gave me the same info, again as Mel said he's not going to compromise his source.
As for Mackie I'm going to disagree Mel, every team needs a Mackie type player, 100% commitment and never say die attitude more than makes up for a couple of stepovers.

So what Rob... He's gone, why do we feel the need to harp on and on about him. I would rather remember the good things about him and move on.

I dont see where the relevance was in what I thought was a good article!!
A couple of points on 17:42 - May 24 with 1306 viewsloftboy

A couple of points on 17:33 - May 24 by Superhoops2808

So what Rob... He's gone, why do we feel the need to harp on and on about him. I would rather remember the good things about him and move on.

I dont see where the relevance was in what I thought was a good article!!

I was just pointing out to people who wanted Mel to reveal his source that it's not always diplomatically possible.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

A couple of points on 18:36 - May 24 with 1270 views100percent

A couple of points on 15:59 - May 24 by SonofNorfolt

Yea, I prefer people who can play, rather than thinking they can

yeh.... for hours and hours and hours and hours........
A couple of points on 19:12 - May 24 with 1238 viewsMatch82

A couple of points on 12:55 - May 24 by WestbourneR

So the Wardley comparison has caught on then.

I've said what i've said about Mackie many a time now. He had an excellent impact considering his lack of quality but if we really want to push on then we have to have better than Mackie in our starting eleven.

I guarantee MH will think the same and we won't start the season with Jamie on the pitch.

Saying Mackie is better than Milner or Downing reveals a level of delusion about his ability that I knew was creeping in.

I disagree with the Wardley comparison entirely.

He had one trick, ghosting into the box late a la Tim Cahill and converting the chances. Once the opposition added to their game plan "keep an eye on Wardley's late runs from midfield", he was toast.

Mackie's assets all seem to be based around a physical game, rather than finesse. While you can argue about whether that's more effective than "tricks" it is certainly a damn sight harder to combat and game plan against, so I don't expect him to be "found out" in the same way that Wardley was.
A couple of points on 19:18 - May 24 with 1230 viewsBilly_Kershaw

A couple of points on 23:12 - May 23 by adhoc_qpr

It seems like you are deliberately exaggerating for effect (Mackie's 'followers' etc) but i'll respond anyway.

You say Mackie hasn't got any tricks and he doesn't do step overs - but i've seen him beat players multiple times this season. Isn't that what tricks are supposed to accomplish - beating players to get into space? His runs against Spurs, Swansea away, his goal vs Swansea at home off the top of my head.

Also you dismiss him and say he scored 2 important goals - but he's scored 7 (our 2nd highest scorer) and created 5 (more than Adel). Isn't that what we want from our attacking players - goals and assists?

Finally you dismiss his work rate as 'trying hard' but how many times has his closing down prevented a swift counter attack or won us a corner - again surely worthwhile outcomes?

Not saying he's perfect, (his lack of pace and composure in possession was painfully exposed against Man City for example) but all our players have flaws.

Not sure why people pick on Mackie who makes the most of his abilities when other players have just as many flaws but without his positives (character and end product).

Agreed. It's an interesting comparison between the contrasting styles of Mackie and Taarabt but Mackie wins on assists and goals this season. He scored 7 goals, second only to Heidar and Mackie is not even an out-and-out striker. Some people have described Taarabt as crucial for next season but who would have predicted these stats at the start of the season?

(For the record, I am both a JM and AT fan!)

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

A couple of points on 19:18 - May 24 with 1230 viewssmegma

A couple of points on 14:24 - May 24 by real_loftus

Nom, nom, nom.

Now, when you've all finished biting, can we get back to a sensible debate, or preferably photos of hot BURDS? Like this one-

She has more tricks up her sleeve than Mackie apparently. If you can find her sleeves.
A couple of points on 19:50 - May 24 with 1202 viewsWrittler

A couple of points on 19:12 - May 24 by Match82

I disagree with the Wardley comparison entirely.

He had one trick, ghosting into the box late a la Tim Cahill and converting the chances. Once the opposition added to their game plan "keep an eye on Wardley's late runs from midfield", he was toast.

Mackie's assets all seem to be based around a physical game, rather than finesse. While you can argue about whether that's more effective than "tricks" it is certainly a damn sight harder to combat and game plan against, so I don't expect him to be "found out" in the same way that Wardley was.

Maybe not exactly like Wardley - Tony Scully maybe... Mark my words will get found out next season and will spend the majority of it bench warming - actually think he is a good impact sub with 15 mins to go - start him - no way jose...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
A couple of points on 20:39 - May 24 with 1168 viewswestberksr

A couple of points on 19:50 - May 24 by Writtler

Maybe not exactly like Wardley - Tony Scully maybe... Mark my words will get found out next season and will spend the majority of it bench warming - actually think he is a good impact sub with 15 mins to go - start him - no way jose...

Tony Scully; you've got to be kidding?

this was a season in the prem we are talking about; not just one great goal at Oxford's shithole of a ground in a 4-1 defeat. Some players have succeeded in the prem for years without a bag of tricks like ronaldo; it isn't a prerequisite for success. I hope the player himself doesn't read this pile of smelly stuff.

at least Wardley scored a few despite being shite.

For the past 2 seasons Mackie has probably been the most effective finisher of all our players bar Cisse for his shot ratio; that is a trick in itself.
A couple of points on 20:42 - May 24 with 1165 viewsWrittler

A couple of points on 20:39 - May 24 by westberksr

Tony Scully; you've got to be kidding?

this was a season in the prem we are talking about; not just one great goal at Oxford's shithole of a ground in a 4-1 defeat. Some players have succeeded in the prem for years without a bag of tricks like ronaldo; it isn't a prerequisite for success. I hope the player himself doesn't read this pile of smelly stuff.

at least Wardley scored a few despite being shite.

For the past 2 seasons Mackie has probably been the most effective finisher of all our players bar Cisse for his shot ratio; that is a trick in itself.

Not even remotely kidding - all pace a bit of bluster which works for a season - let's see next year.
A couple of points on 21:55 - May 24 with 1135 viewsTGRRRSSS

A couple of points on 14:24 - May 24 by real_loftus

Nom, nom, nom.

Would like one of those

ATAF
A couple of points on 22:55 - May 24 with 1106 viewsgigiisourgod

A couple of points on 17:42 - May 24 by loftboy

I was just pointing out to people who wanted Mel to reveal his source that it's not always diplomatically possible.

It is not so much revealing sources, it is just do not say anything about it. To someone who has no idea (me) what these reasons are about Warnock it is just pointless to write 'I know this, but I cannot tell you'. The only people that means something to is the people that actually know what your talking about.

Surely nobody would deny Colin done a remarkable job for us and has contributed far more than Barton to our football club?

Now, I know he is part of our past, unlike Barton but I would far rather read an evaluative piece on Warnock's contribution than one on Barton.

For what it is worth Mel I thought it was a decent article, bringing some interesting views on Barton, although I disagree with your conclusions and most of your views but fair enough.

Re your facts on Warnock thought you highlighted his three major failings Barton (c), Hill bombed and selling Kaspars correctly. But there was also many strokes of genius in his reign. How many managers, would have got a team led by big Pat (shudder) to win at Goddison?
A couple of points on 08:57 - May 25 with 1043 viewsaussiehoop

For what it's worth i enjoyed reading the article and agreed with most of it.

The thing we all need to appreciate is that someone has generally gone out of their way to write something in their spare time for this forum. It's all well and good berating the writer but until we've all written an opinion piece it would probably wouldn't hurt to temper some of our replies.

As far as Jamie Mackie goes I've lost count the amount of times I've watched rangers this season and yelled "for f*ck sake Mackie" as he ran down another blind alley with his eyes glued to the ground. But almost every game he's made me eat my words with either a goal, or an above and beyond effort. He's certainly one of our most limited players but he makes up for it with grit and determination. He seems to have the same "don't give a f*ck attitude" that Gorkks used to have, albeit without the constant head wounds. Will i be getting his name on the back of my shirt? no. If i was Hughes would i start him next season? no (love him as an impact sub). Do I love the bloke? Too f*cking right. He's a legend.
A couple of points on 09:11 - May 25 with 1035 viewsdanehoop

A couple of points on 08:42 - May 24 by smegma

Mel , you don't have to justify your comments to anyone on here. I don't agree with all you said, as I commented in the article , but it was a good article with some salient points. Its your opinion and as the saying goes 'you pay your money' and all that.
Or as some Scouse beat combo would have it ' when you gonna learn, that it takes all sorts, don't you think life will be a little drab , if we had the same thoughts ? '

(your starter for 10 : name tha tune/band)

"Fine Time" by Cast.

Top tune indeed, not quite sure that they ever reached the highs of The La's, but put out some fine songs none the less.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024