Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night 08:55 - Oct 4 with 1099 viewsCharlie1

Took an age to get in. Although now I wish it took 90 mins!

4 turnstiles is ridic. Why don't they open the lower loft turnstiles (they did a few seasons back) and allow people to walk upstairs? It's crazy, stupid and to be honest, dangerous.

2:59 baby!

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:00 - Oct 4 with 1089 viewsHayesender

It was ridiculous the other night. I got there at 7.40, and got to my seat just as west ham went 1-0 up

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:02 - Oct 4 with 1084 viewsCharlie1

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:00 - Oct 4 by Hayesender

It was ridiculous the other night. I got there at 7.40, and got to my seat just as west ham went 1-0 up

Snap

I had to double check. It started bad and well, carried on downhill!

Borderline on safe on Monday.

And the amount of (non Korean as well) 'fans' going to the wrong turnstiles...

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:21 - Oct 4 with 1058 viewssmegma

The hand held scanner at the 2nd turnstile (from left) wasn't working. A supervisor came along with another one and I was told to join the queue then the bloke behind the jump told me the computer was rebooting and would take a few minutes, so i rejoined my original queue. I got there at 7.50 and saw the kick off.
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:29 - Oct 4 with 1042 viewsCharlie1

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:21 - Oct 4 by smegma

The hand held scanner at the 2nd turnstile (from left) wasn't working. A supervisor came along with another one and I was told to join the queue then the bloke behind the jump told me the computer was rebooting and would take a few minutes, so i rejoined my original queue. I got there at 7.50 and saw the kick off.

The computer don't work. How typical of Rangers!

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:33 - Oct 4 with 1030 viewsHunterhoop

That Upper loft entrance has ben like that for all of last season and this season since they stopped allowing entrance via the Lower Loft turnstiles on Loftus Rd.

It's mad. If you get there with 15minutes or less to the start, you will almost certainly miss kick off. Not to mention the design, which is effectively a large concrete funnel, can't possibly be considered safe.

We have a huge 6 person wide staircase from the lower loft up to the upper loft and extra turnstiles at the lower loft entrance (for fewer fans) but we choose to sen the 2,000 fans sitting in the upper loft through 4 turnstiles. It's insane.

I sit in P block and I have to walk all the way past the Lower loft turnstiles round to SA road and then walk all the way back along the gangway to Pu. Yet, after the game, we can just head down the stairs and out.
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:38 - Oct 4 with 1015 viewsElHoop

Was a shambles for the Reading game too. I rang up a few days before to move my seats to another (better) part of the UL and they did it on the phone and never said anything about collecting tickets so I presented the season tickets at the turnstile, after forming part of a decent queue and then was told the ticket had been cancelled and to go to the box office where there was a queue of people with the same problem and then I had wait for them to go and get the paper tickets from the collection booth and in the end I missed the first ten minutes and was pissed off and I just knew that we'd bloody lose after that fiasco.
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:12 - Oct 4 with 970 viewsCharlie1

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 09:33 - Oct 4 by Hunterhoop

That Upper loft entrance has ben like that for all of last season and this season since they stopped allowing entrance via the Lower Loft turnstiles on Loftus Rd.

It's mad. If you get there with 15minutes or less to the start, you will almost certainly miss kick off. Not to mention the design, which is effectively a large concrete funnel, can't possibly be considered safe.

We have a huge 6 person wide staircase from the lower loft up to the upper loft and extra turnstiles at the lower loft entrance (for fewer fans) but we choose to sen the 2,000 fans sitting in the upper loft through 4 turnstiles. It's insane.

I sit in P block and I have to walk all the way past the Lower loft turnstiles round to SA road and then walk all the way back along the gangway to Pu. Yet, after the game, we can just head down the stairs and out.

+1 Hunter

We never had this problem in League one!

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:23 - Oct 4 with 955 viewsA40Bosh

Has anyone tweeted uncle Tony about all this.

He needs to be told.

If he is not told then he can not resolve the situation.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:39 - Oct 4 with 936 viewslondonscottish

I agree - it's getting ridiculous. I've got tickets in the upper Loft and it's been bad over the last couple of years. For the West Ham game it was the worst it's ever been. I got there just after half past and got to my seat about one minute into the game.

It's a horrible experience - I remember getting kettled in there before the Cardiff game a couple of season's ago with my six year old lad. Not pleasant. And as a result of the (interminable) wait I missed seeing my mate's boy coming on as mascot.

Surely they can revert to using the other turnstiles too.

It's surely a big safety risk, no?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:49 - Oct 4 with 922 viewsW7Ranger

"4 turnstiles is ridic."

ridic?????????????
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:57 - Oct 4 with 912 viewslondonscottish

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:49 - Oct 4 by W7Ranger

"4 turnstiles is ridic."

ridic?????????????

Obvs

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 11:04 - Oct 4 with 900 viewsW7Ranger

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 10:57 - Oct 4 by londonscottish

Obvs

Totes!!

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 11:52 - Oct 4 with 853 viewsQPunkR

I had the same thing, thought I got there well ahead of time on Monday, 20 mins before kickoff. Oh how wrong I was!
It is stupid funnelling everyone going up into UL through SA Rd, especially those of us headed to say, Q and P Blocks.

I turned up late last season for a game, coming from the Uxbridge Rd side and asked if I could come in through the LL turnstiles as there wasn't anyone queuing and I obviously had a genuine ticket. Jobsworth b@stards made me go all the way round to the usual entrance anyway

QPR - "shit but local"

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 12:26 - Oct 4 with 821 viewsGeorge2Santos

Every game this annoys me. I sit in P block (why wouldn't you?) but all mates sit over in SA. I have to leave the pub twenty minutes before them to get to the ground for the inevitable crush to get in.

By the end of each seaons Rangers owe me at least 20 pints in missed pub time.
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 12:28 - Oct 4 with 814 viewsQPunkR

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 12:26 - Oct 4 by George2Santos

Every game this annoys me. I sit in P block (why wouldn't you?) but all mates sit over in SA. I have to leave the pub twenty minutes before them to get to the ground for the inevitable crush to get in.

You've picked that name just to annoy me, surely!

QPR - "shit but local"

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 14:00 - Oct 4 with 762 viewsHunterhoop

Can someone who uses twitter (I don't) just tweet TF a link to this thread??
Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 14:07 - Oct 4 with 751 viewsNorthernr

Upper Loft entrance on Monday night on 12:26 - Oct 4 by George2Santos

Rangers owe me about £17,000 at the end of each season to pay for the extra beer I have to drink just to be able to watch them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024