Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arry. 12:02 - Oct 11 with 9921 viewsShackletonR

What would he bring to us, really. Answers on a post card please.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Arry. on 18:47 - Oct 11 with 1730 viewsCanadaRanger

While Mark Hughes may be the question, 'Arry ain't the answer...
Arry. on 18:53 - Oct 11 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

Another 12 new players in January of which 29 and a half days will be spent denying all knowledge of them through his car window and the rest pretending the fax machine isn't working properly.
Arry. on 18:57 - Oct 11 with 1724 viewstonyQPR

Arry. on 18:53 - Oct 11 by Northernr

Another 12 new players in January of which 29 and a half days will be spent denying all knowledge of them through his car window and the rest pretending the fax machine isn't working properly.

worked out ok for spurs though to be fair
Arry. on 19:09 - Oct 11 with 1712 viewsNorthernr

Arry. on 18:57 - Oct 11 by tonyQPR

Mark Hughes worked out alright for Blackburn.
Arry. on 19:11 - Oct 11 with 1708 viewsAntti_Heinola

Arry. on 18:57 - Oct 11 by tonyQPR

arry did marginally - *marginally* better than Jol. And spent an absolute TON of money doing it.

Bare bones.

Arry. on 20:13 - Oct 11 with 1686 viewsRanger78

At least 10 more new players and then the constant moaning that the ones he gad are not good enough !!!

Please, never ever let Redknapp be the manager here
Arry. on 20:33 - Oct 11 with 1672 viewsbeeeater

Arry. on 19:09 - Oct 11 by Northernr

Mark Hughes worked out alright for Blackburn.

Not according to Arsene Wenger. They used to kick lumps out of everyone
Arry. on 20:34 - Oct 11 with 1671 viewssoupandhoop

Arry. on 12:24 - Oct 11 by Pizanti

I reckon he'd bring a feel good factor, players with smiles on their faces, entertaining attacking football and a few wins possibly even an away win!

and bankrupcy
Login to get fewer ads

Arry. on 20:35 - Oct 11 with 1671 viewsYorkRanger

To be clear I think Hughes should get more time.

That said if they appointed Harry tomorrow its hard to believe we will be in any worse position than we are currently.
Arry. on 20:42 - Oct 11 with 1664 viewsMatch82

Arry. on 20:35 - Oct 11 by YorkRanger

That said if they appointed Harry tomorrow its hard to believe we will be in any worse position than we are currently.

Well no, it's international week

Although in all serious I agree. We've made our bed with Hughes, have to ride it out. I haven't lost the faith yet that results will come, just need one win to kick start it.
Arry. on 20:49 - Oct 11 with 1660 viewsbeeeater

Arry. on 20:42 - Oct 11 by Match82

Well no, it's international week

Although in all serious I agree. We've made our bed with Hughes, have to ride it out. I haven't lost the faith yet that results will come, just need one win to kick start it.

He won't get one win , he just can't organise a defence. I know he's had injuries but playing people out of position is starting to affect players confidence in him. Clint Hill 's interview being a good example.
Arry. on 20:57 - Oct 11 with 1648 viewsPizanti

Arry. on 20:34 - Oct 11 by soupandhoop

and bankrupcy

To be fair we look like we're going that way with Hughes anyway! ...Harry would do well to spend more than Hughes has!
Arry. on 21:11 - Oct 11 with 1638 viewssixnil

Arry. on 20:57 - Oct 11 by Pizanti

To be fair we look like we're going that way with Hughes anyway! ...Harry would do well to spend more than Hughes has!

Who's the best tactician?
Arry. on 21:17 - Oct 11 with 1628 viewssixnil

Arry. on 21:11 - Oct 11 by sixnil

Who's the best tactician?

By the way - should add - been going to Rangers for 26 years and now have the pleasure of taking my son - cheese is anything that doesn't smell bad!
Arry. on 22:27 - Oct 11 with 1597 viewsngbqpr

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Arry. on 23:22 - Oct 11 with 1477 viewsDylanP

Arry. on 20:35 - Oct 11 by YorkRanger

Not much worse off than we currently are! That isn't really much of an endorsement.

I also completely disagree. Hughes has spent the last 12 months assembling a back-room team and building up the club from the foundations. He has brought in around 18 new players and has been working with them to get them to buy into his system. It hasn't worked yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Bring in Harry and all that work is down the drain. We would be back to square one and we would now have 12 wasted months and millions of pounds rebuilding the team once again.

Switching managers now would be a disaster of the highest degree and should only be considered as a last resort. We are nowhere near that level of panic yet. Not even close. Lets see where we are after 10 games and then at Xmas and go from there instead of panicking and rushing to judgement.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Arry. on 09:20 - Oct 12 with 1420 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arry. on 23:22 - Oct 11 by DylanP

Not much worse off than we currently are! That isn't really much of an endorsement.

I also completely disagree. Hughes has spent the last 12 months assembling a back-room team and building up the club from the foundations. He has brought in around 18 new players and has been working with them to get them to buy into his system. It hasn't worked yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Bring in Harry and all that work is down the drain. We would be back to square one and we would now have 12 wasted months and millions of pounds rebuilding the team once again.

Switching managers now would be a disaster of the highest degree and should only be considered as a last resort. We are nowhere near that level of panic yet. Not even close. Lets see where we are after 10 games and then at Xmas and go from there instead of panicking and rushing to judgement.

That sums up my thinking on it too, Dylan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Arry. on 09:25 - Oct 12 with 1418 viewsNorthernr

Arry. on 20:33 - Oct 11 by beeeater

Not according to Arsene Wenger. They used to kick lumps out of everyone

While finishing in the top ten three years running and getting to the League Cup final. Frankly I couldn't give a stuff what Arsene Wenger thinks, that sounds pretty good for Blackburn Rovers to me.

I agree with what Dylan said.
Arry. on 09:58 - Oct 12 with 1406 viewsdaveB

he's useless, took a poor Spurs side from bottom to top four with 18 months, took Portsmouth from bottom 4 in the Championship to regular top ten finishes and an fa cup win, hopeless manager, never done anything, the sort of manager we can turn our nose up at as we never spend big to achieve very little.

Seriously he is a top manager, gets the best out of his players, builds very good sides and plays attacking football. If he has a strong chairman like Daniel Levy he is even better as he is not allowed to bankrupt the club. I think he'd be a disaster at Rangers as we'd give him free reign and he would spend like a maniac but lets not just dismiss him as a poor manager when he clearly isn't
Arry. on 09:59 - Oct 12 with 1405 viewsdaveB

Arry. on 19:11 - Oct 11 by Antti_Heinola

arry did marginally - *marginally* better than Jol. And spent an absolute TON of money doing it.

thats not actually true, look at the net spend at Spurs, Jol spent far more than Redknapp
Arry. on 10:01 - Oct 12 with 1403 viewsSomersetHoops

Harry has got a reputation as a bit of a likeable rogue, but he does get results and that is something missing from Mark Hughes' repertoire since he's been at QPR. Before anyone says he kept us up last season - it was a goal at another ground after we were again letting in goals at our end that kept us up. I think if Harry had come in when Hughes did we would not have been waiting for results on the last day to know if we were still in the PL and I defy anyone to disagree with that.

In some ways its a shame their ages are not reversed as then if they could work together with Harry running the team and MH as director of football and retaining everything he's put in place we could have a great set-up. In my view if we get nothing from the Everton and Arsenal games giving us 2 points out of 27 then we've got no choice but to get Harry in. Lets face it MH has already lost against Reading when he was trying to win, so I'm not convinced that won't happen again.

The real thing that worries me is that part of me almost wants us to do badly, so Hughes has to be taken out of running the team as I'm getting frustrated watching players playing out of position, in the wrong formation against teams I know we can beat. Several times, in my view, we finish up already beaten in the last 20 minutes of games with a team on the pitch that could have won. I see no end to this under Mark Hughes and I don't think this would happen if Harry was running the team.

Who's Next?

Arry. on 10:05 - Oct 12 with 1401 viewsTheBlob

I seem to remember Terry Venables was a bit of a rogue.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Arry. on 10:08 - Oct 12 with 1398 viewsadhoc_qpr

Arry. on 23:22 - Oct 11 by DylanP

I agree it's too early to panic and to give Hughes more time is the correct, sensible decision - but i think you are downplaying what a poor job Hughes is doing...

He's had carte blanche, spent a ton of cash on our most expensive ever team and delivered our worst away start to a season.

His away record is beyond awful and the worst thing is we don't look any better now than we did at the end of last season.

Let's give Hughes time but if in 5-6 weeks time we have not shown dramatic improvement and picked up at least 1 home and 1 away win - i would absolutely support the board if they decided Hughes was an expensive mistake and they wanted to make a change.
Arry. on 10:51 - Oct 12 with 1375 viewsblacky200

We would also get a dog to help the accountants out.
Arry. on 11:20 - Oct 12 with 1366 viewsJuzzie

'Arry completely messed up Spurs' chance of getting a guaranteed CL spot and maybe even a sniff at the title. They could have sneaked in whilst Man City and Man Utd were doing their best to lose it.

'Arry for some strange reason played Bale out of position for a good chunk of the end of the season and I don't think it was a coincidence that resulted in their drop in form compared to the first half of the season. Winning only one PL away game (at Blackburn thank god) since January.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024