Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back ... 18:24 - Oct 20 with 4377 viewsTVOS1907

...to the M5.

I can report there were no Mexican waves and Tazzy has done 4 grounds today.

As for the game, the first 15 minutes settled it. We were probably the better side from then on, but Plymouth could afford to be a bit more reticent in their play.

Apparently the manager has questioned his team selection and tactics, so make of that what you will.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back ... on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 3404 viewsphomem

Will wait for the interview then
Just got back ... on 18:33 - Oct 20 with 3379 viewsBeefCurtain

How did Rafferty play?

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Just got back ... on 19:16 - Oct 20 with 3232 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Who did he blame this weekend?
Just got back ... on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 3199 viewsShun

The curse of Devon strikes again!
Just got back ... on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 3159 views442Dale

Just got back ... on 19:16 - Oct 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Who did he blame this weekend?

Well the original post seems to indicate himself. Which is good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back ... on 23:31 - Oct 20 with 2844 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just got back ... on 19:33 - Oct 20 by 442Dale

Well the original post seems to indicate himself. Which is good.

What's annoying though, is not re-acting to seeing that the formation is wrong!

Coleman seems to fart around hoping it will right itself instead of being proactive and refreshing things?
Just got back ... on 23:39 - Oct 20 with 2812 viewsRayWilkins

Just got back ... on 23:31 - Oct 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

What's annoying though, is not re-acting to seeing that the formation is wrong!

Coleman seems to fart around hoping it will right itself instead of being proactive and refreshing things?

Is that final sentence a question then?

If so I'd like to field it, our recent away form has been a complete joy - almost perfection, perhaps Coleman felt it needed a freshen up knowing that Plymouth would know about current spiffing away form and would be out to counter it.

Managers often get it wrong though, I remember myself and Carlo getting it wrong Vs Inter in the Champions League and we never recovered from it so I hope that John and Jimmy learn from today. Lessons to be learned.

'My word'

Just got back ... on 23:51 - Oct 20 with 2786 viewsstuartcryer

Just got back ... on 23:39 - Oct 20 by RayWilkins

Is that final sentence a question then?

If so I'd like to field it, our recent away form has been a complete joy - almost perfection, perhaps Coleman felt it needed a freshen up knowing that Plymouth would know about current spiffing away form and would be out to counter it.

Managers often get it wrong though, I remember myself and Carlo getting it wrong Vs Inter in the Champions League and we never recovered from it so I hope that John and Jimmy learn from today. Lessons to be learned.

even though you seem to be on different planet coleman only has one idea so in one respect somtimes it right the other not heres to another long shite season

wardle blue

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back ... on 00:15 - Oct 21 with 2753 viewsprestondale

Just got back ... on 23:51 - Oct 20 by stuartcryer

even though you seem to be on different planet coleman only has one idea so in one respect somtimes it right the other not heres to another long shite season

Biggest cheer of the day was when Cavanagh got subbed. Read the post by Dalefan - I agree, since Cav got back into the team we have gone down the pan

I thought he was okay before he got injured but he cannot find a pass at the moment and is giving nothing to the team. GET HIM ON TH BENCH!

What did Donnelly do to get dropped, Grimes was a passenger today. Donnelly had score two goals - he was on a bit of a run.

Edwards did ok at right back but Rafferty has done a reasonable job. Its McIntyre that worries me, he was missing at left back a lot of the time.

I hope we can find som form at home. Oxfor won 5-0 today!
Just got back ... on 00:19 - Oct 21 with 2749 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 23:51 - Oct 20 by stuartcryer

If, as you say, you've been watching over 40 years, you must surely have seen more 'long shite seasons' than not 'long shite seasons' and certainly much, much worse positions than being eighth in League Two, admittedly with some hit and miss performances.

So, the question is, differences of opinion aside, what's your real personal beef (curtain) with the manager?

Just got back ... on 00:26 - Oct 21 with 2741 viewschuckleberry

I started a mexican wave, it's just a shame no-one wanted to join in.
Just got back ... on 00:32 - Oct 21 with 2730 views442Dale

Just got back ... on 00:15 - Oct 21 by prestondale

Biggest cheer of the day was when Cavanagh got subbed. Read the post by Dalefan - I agree, since Cav got back into the team we have gone down the pan

I thought he was okay before he got injured but he cannot find a pass at the moment and is giving nothing to the team. GET HIM ON TH BENCH!

What did Donnelly do to get dropped, Grimes was a passenger today. Donnelly had score two goals - he was on a bit of a run.

Edwards did ok at right back but Rafferty has done a reasonable job. Its McIntyre that worries me, he was missing at left back a lot of the time.

I hope we can find som form at home. Oxfor won 5-0 today!

Ryan Lowe has as much claim to that goal v Morecambe as Donnelly.
Own goal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back ... on 00:37 - Oct 21 with 2721 viewschuckleberry

Just got back ... on 00:32 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

Own goal.

Donnelly worries me on so many levels.
Ask the Argyle fans who cheered ironically when he came on the pitch for further evidence.
Just got back ... on 00:44 - Oct 21 with 2711 viewsprestondale

Just got back ... on 00:32 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

Own goal.

So what? The point is that Donnelly did not deserve to be dropped.
Changes to the team being made for no particular reason!
Just got back ... on 00:45 - Oct 21 with 2709 viewschuckleberry

Just got back ... on 00:44 - Oct 21 by prestondale

Donnelly doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.
Just got back ... on 00:46 - Oct 21 with 2707 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 00:37 - Oct 21 by chuckleberry

Donnelly worries me on so many levels.
Ask the Argyle fans who cheered ironically when he came on the pitch for further evidence.

I believe he became embroiled in a Twitter barney with one on his way home this evening!

Just got back ... on 00:48 - Oct 21 with 2704 viewschuckleberry

Just got back ... on 00:46 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

I believe he became embroiled in a Twitter barney with one on his way home this evening!

Marvellous!

I heard he was doing a mexican wave tbf.
Just got back ... on 00:48 - Oct 21 with 2704 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 00:44 - Oct 21 by prestondale

Grimes has also scored two goals in the last few games and in his case, they were both legitimately his.

Grant was always going to come back in today and one of Grimes or Donnelly would miss out.

Just got back ... on 01:23 - Oct 21 with 2676 viewsCrede

even though i think neither are the answer, i'd rather have gorgeous george than nearly man grimes
Just got back ... on 08:02 - Oct 21 with 2598 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back ... on 01:23 - Oct 21 by Crede

even though i think neither are the answer, i'd rather have gorgeous george than nearly man grimes

Neither fill me with any confidence, Grimes reminds me of John Inman and George couldnt trap a bag of cement.
Just got back ... on 08:36 - Oct 21 with 2561 viewsrochedale

I'd rather not have Donnelly or Grimes, and stick with Bobby and Dele in a 442, but we all know that aint gunna happen, because we have no wingers. Leaves us with few options.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Just got back ... on 09:20 - Oct 21 with 2511 viewsfitzochris

As I've said since the Barnsley game, we have a decent core of players but not the squad to sustain a play-off chasing season. Therefore, when suspensions, injuries and dips in form kick-in, as they are now starting to do, we will lose games.

It doesn't help when JC picks some interesting starting XIs either.

Do we have the funds to improve the squad? We should have money for loanees at least. Until this is addressed, we'll continue on this cycle of a few wins here, a few losses there. Perhaps more of the latter, given we can't keep a clean sheet.

This division is so tight at the minute, a few losses could see a team drop from the play-offs to around 16th/17th. Our current form suggests we might do just that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back ... on 09:29 - Oct 21 with 2499 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 09:20 - Oct 21 by fitzochris

As I've said since the Barnsley game, we have a decent core of players but not the squad to sustain a play-off chasing season. Therefore, when suspensions, injuries and dips in form kick-in, as they are now starting to do, we will lose games.

It doesn't help when JC picks some interesting starting XIs either.

Do we have the funds to improve the squad? We should have money for loanees at least. Until this is addressed, we'll continue on this cycle of a few wins here, a few losses there. Perhaps more of the latter, given we can't keep a clean sheet.

This division is so tight at the minute, a few losses could see a team drop from the play-offs to around 16th/17th. Our current form suggests we might do just that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Regarding the funds question, it would appear that we don't, if the manager's recent interview is anything to go by.

Also, our home attendances have dropped by around 25%, which will have a massive bearing on finances, especially when you consider there has been no reduction in other staffing areas of the club. It's obviously the playing budget that has taken that hit.

Just got back ... on 09:30 - Oct 21 with 2496 viewsfitzochris

I'll also stress the importance of taking as many points as possible from our next two games, home to Oxford and Fleetwood.

November and December are two very tough months, with six away games to four home. I know our away form has been better than our home of late, but some of the destinations to which we're bound have been far from happy hunting grounds historically.

The trips to Port Vale and then Wycombe will be especially tough.

Just got back ... on 09:37 - Oct 21 with 2483 viewsfitzochris

Just got back ... on 09:29 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

Regarding the funds question, it would appear that we don't, if the manager's recent interview is anything to go by.

Also, our home attendances have dropped by around 25%, which will have a massive bearing on finances, especially when you consider there has been no reduction in other staffing areas of the club. It's obviously the playing budget that has taken that hit.

I saw that interview but find it hard to believe that we are retaining the likes of Craney and co if that is the case.

I know home attendances have dropped, and I believe you if you say it's a quarter, but Hilly always seemed to have room to manoeuvre with small crowds paying into his coffers. Now, I know Hilly had to move people out to move others in (oft against his will), so, as 442 said on another thread, it's time JC started to think about this if we're to create a competitive squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024