Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Gornell 22:09 - Nov 8 with 7239 viewsClitheroeDale

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/8236402/Shrewsbury-striker-Terry-G
Terry Gornell on 09:48 - Nov 9 with 1519 viewsTVOS1907

Terry Gornell on 07:15 - Nov 9 by NR_Dale

Does this move mean that proctor to dale is dead????, I thought JC might go back in for him in Jan?????

Not sure of the connection between the two.

Procter is a midfielder, Gornell is a striker.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Terry Gornell on 09:57 - Nov 9 with 1497 viewsdingdangblue

Terry Gornell on 09:48 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

Not sure of the connection between the two.

Procter is a midfielder, Gornell is a striker.

Both Scousers?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Terry Gornell on 10:25 - Nov 9 with 1447 viewsBrierls

Terry Gornell on 07:15 - Nov 9 by NR_Dale

Does this move mean that proctor to dale is dead????, I thought JC might go back in for him in Jan?????

I've got a sneaky feeling Mr Dunphy has backed Coleman with regard to spending a bit of money to bring Gornell and Procter to the club on a permanent basis. The problem we have is freeing up room in the wage budget, as both would be decent earners. I'd expect the likes of BBM, Crainey, Curran & Grimes (a high earner himself) to leave, though I'd be disappointed if Grimes went because he's one of few players that we've got who can create.

*Edit* Forgot about Curran! Unsurprisingly.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Terry Gornell on 10:27 - Nov 9 with 1448 viewsjudd

Terry Gornell on 10:25 - Nov 9 by Brierls

I've got a sneaky feeling Mr Dunphy has backed Coleman with regard to spending a bit of money to bring Gornell and Procter to the club on a permanent basis. The problem we have is freeing up room in the wage budget, as both would be decent earners. I'd expect the likes of BBM, Crainey, Curran & Grimes (a high earner himself) to leave, though I'd be disappointed if Grimes went because he's one of few players that we've got who can create.

All he's created are arguments.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Terry Gornell on 10:54 - Nov 9 with 1411 viewsdingdangblue

Terry Gornell on 10:25 - Nov 9 by Brierls

Or Tutte/Kennedy are being sold in Jan?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Terry Gornell on 11:02 - Nov 9 with 1396 viewsIOMDale

One in, one out....

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/curran-out-on-loan-476745.aspx
Terry Gornell on 11:06 - Nov 9 with 1385 viewslurker

Terry Gornell on 11:02 - Nov 9 by IOMDale

One in, one out....

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/curran-out-on-loan-476745.aspx

I'll take that and then some! Good dealing!

It seems Curran really fooked up when he launched into that challenge against bury
Terry Gornell on 11:18 - Nov 9 with 1353 viewsBrierls

Terry Gornell on 11:06 - Nov 9 by lurker

I'll take that and then some! Good dealing!

It seems Curran really fooked up when he launched into that challenge against bury

I think Coleman fooked up when he offered him a one-year deal to be honest, especially when Putterill was only offered a short-term deal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But all managers make duff signings, it's how you deal with it afterwards (i.e. getting rid!) that makes or breaks a duff signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Gornell on 11:29 - Nov 9 with 1331 viewsoddjob007

Terry Gornell on 11:18 - Nov 9 by Brierls

I think Coleman fooked up when he offered him a one-year deal to be honest, especially when Putterill was only offered a short-term deal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But all managers make duff signings, it's how you deal with it afterwards (i.e. getting rid!) that makes or breaks a duff signing.

Squad is definitely stronger!
Terry Gornell on 11:41 - Nov 9 with 1296 viewsfitzochris

Terry Gornell on 11:18 - Nov 9 by Brierls

Completely agree. Curran's signing smacked of JC desperately wanting another striker on the books ahead of the season getting under way.

I've no problem with that as long as such mistakes are recognised and rectified, which is clearly happening here.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Terry Gornell on 11:48 - Nov 9 with 1284 viewsdingdangblue

Terry Gornell on 11:41 - Nov 9 by fitzochris

Completely agree. Curran's signing smacked of JC desperately wanting another striker on the books ahead of the season getting under way.

I've no problem with that as long as such mistakes are recognised and rectified, which is clearly happening here.

Curran had an awful start missing that absolute sitter v Barnsley with a fullback in goal - who knows, if that had gone in he couldve gone from strength to strength? As it was that miss was his most memorable moment.

Terry Gornell on 11:50 - Nov 9 with 1277 viewsfitzochris

Terry Gornell on 11:48 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Curran had an awful start missing that absolute sitter v Barnsley with a fullback in goal - who knows, if that had gone in he couldve gone from strength to strength? As it was that miss was his most memorable moment.

He wasn't the only one guilty that afternoon.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Terry Gornell on 12:08 - Nov 10 with 846 viewsStudiousDale

How did we get clearance for this signing? Official site says it is an emergency loan? I thought we could only sign players on 'emergency loans' basis if we had a lot of players in that position injured? Good bit of business by the club.

Wikipedia says " Outside of the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. Special dispensation from their competition's governing body, for example the Premier League, is required."
Terry Gornell on 12:15 - Nov 10 with 837 viewsSalwaDale

Terry Gornell on 11:41 - Nov 9 by fitzochris

Agree, the fella who took us to promotion (I forget his name) made quite a lot of duff signings but always seemed able to move them on.

TBBT

Terry Gornell on 12:55 - Nov 10 with 788 views442Dale

Terry Gornell on 12:08 - Nov 10 by StudiousDale

How did we get clearance for this signing? Official site says it is an emergency loan? I thought we could only sign players on 'emergency loans' basis if we had a lot of players in that position injured? Good bit of business by the club.

Wikipedia says " Outside of the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. Special dispensation from their competition's governing body, for example the Premier League, is required."

They need to give the loans different names. You can take players for up to 93 days outside of transfer windows in the football league.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024