Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's gone! 11:06 - Nov 23 with 10909 viewsRedbourneR

Hughes sacked. Coaches taking the team to Man U
He's gone! on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1772 viewsWallyRanger

Finally, been waiting all week for this!
He's gone! on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1765 viewsJamie

He's gone! on 11:17 - Nov 23 by daveB

well don't you think it would have made more sense to sack him last week and spend this week finding a new manager rather than do it on a Friday the day before we play Man Utd away. Seems stupid to me.

No way Redknapp would've wanted to take us up to OT.

Would suspect Bircham didn't much fancy it either, hence Hughes' assistants take it and then go.
He's gone! on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1765 viewsRanger78

Gutted for TF that this hasnt worked.

I think we should be careful what we wish for... Redknapp frightens be, cant help feeling that it would aslo end in tears.

I would go for Robbie Di Mattaeo
He's gone! on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1752 viewsMonkey_Roots

I backed him as much as anyone could, but i'm glad he's gone - I do feel for TF, he really did try for the stability that the club needed, but his hands were tied to some extent - the record Hughes had meant he had to go.

I hope we get Harry, but i'm open to offers!
He's gone! on 11:21 - Nov 23 with 1749 viewsTheBlob

He's gone! on 11:20 - Nov 23 by Ranger78

Gutted for TF that this hasnt worked.

I think we should be careful what we wish for... Redknapp frightens be, cant help feeling that it would aslo end in tears.

I would go for Robbie Di Mattaeo

Harry's in.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237190/Mark-Hughes-sacked-QPR

Poll: So how was the season for you?

He's gone! on 11:21 - Nov 23 with 1745 viewsQPunkR

Waheyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all we gotta do is get those overpayed wánkers to start playing football and search for an alternative to Redknapp...

QPR - "shit but local"

He's gone! on 11:22 - Nov 23 with 1740 viewsaston_hoop

Strange timing but better that it has happened now rather than not at all. Suppose Fernandes is doing the same as when Warnock was sacked and making sure he has a replacement lined up before acting.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

He's gone! on 11:22 - Nov 23 with 1724 viewsBathRanger

well don't you think it would have made more sense to sack him last week and spend this week finding a new manager rather than do it on a Friday the day before we play Man Utd away. Seems stupid to me.

Personally no, on the basis that hopefully they have spent the days since the Soton game discussing options and getting a replacement lined up before taking the decision to sack him. To sack a manager and not have a replacement in my opinion is worse (see Wolves last year - a few were approached but no-one wanted it).
Login to get fewer ads

He's gone! on 11:24 - Nov 23 with 1699 viewsPinnerPaul

Then you would have had two options

1) Keep coaches, same position as we are today

2) Have no coaches all week - well probably would have been Gallen & Bircham

As we all know we could have 10 managers on Saturday and its not going to make a jot of difference.

My on going concern is that its the same players and we still only have 1 forward - Mr C!
He's gone! on 11:25 - Nov 23 with 1677 viewsderbyhoop

Right decision, wrong timing. But what are they doing about a replacement? Hopefully, discussions have been underway this week but have not been concluded as yet.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

He's gone! on 11:26 - Nov 23 with 1675 viewsGeorge2Santos

No option, we were regressing. Hughes clearly had very little idea of his best team, formation etc. Winnable games coming up.

Certain players should hang their heads in shame though, blood is on their hands too.
He's gone! on 11:26 - Nov 23 with 1668 viewsPinnerPaul

He's gone! on 11:17 - Nov 23 by W7Ranger

Strange that Bowen & Niedwiezcki are still there tho'.

They must have been told that they are going to be kept on otherwise what's the incentive to manage the team tomorrow if they're going to be sacked next week?

Unless to save money they have told the new manager that they must be kept on?

Or maybe TF is hoping they will resign?

Interesting few weeks ahead!! Season defining....

I fear our season has been defined already
He's gone! on 11:27 - Nov 23 with 1643 viewsKevinPR

I'm not gonna lie.

Good.
He's gone! on 11:27 - Nov 23 with 1637 viewsTW_R

He's gone! on 11:16 - Nov 23 by YorkRanger

Correct decision. There would never be a good time.

No option but to let Bowen and Neddy take the team tomorrow as all the preparation and tactics (laugh) will have been determined and no time to change.

Expect them to follow soon after.

Green to play upfront tomorrow?
He's gone! on 11:29 - Nov 23 with 1612 viewsBostonR

Really feel for TF and the Board who put so much trust in Hughes. I just hope this does not turn them off but they really did not have any other choice.

It is made for Redknapp to step in and I beleive he might just get us going.
He's gone! on 11:33 - Nov 23 with 1437 viewsWokingR

He's gone! on 11:34 - Nov 23 with 1432 viewsHantsR

He's gone! on 11:26 - Nov 23 by George2Santos

No option, we were regressing. Hughes clearly had very little idea of his best team, formation etc. Winnable games coming up.

Certain players should hang their heads in shame though, blood is on their hands too.

+1

This
He's gone! on 11:35 - Nov 23 with 1416 viewsadhoc_qpr

Maybe the timing is just down to the fact the board were taken by suprised by just how bad the Soton result was, the fan reaction and the press storm and it's taken them a few days to get together and decide what to do.

The trip to OT is a write off anyway.

Hughes record is a disgrace, be interesting to see how long it is before someone is desperate enough to employ him again - my money is on the Welsh natinal team when they sack Coleman.
He's gone! on 11:38 - Nov 23 with 1384 viewsActonR

He's gone! on 11:35 - Nov 23 by adhoc_qpr

Maybe the timing is just down to the fact the board were taken by suprised by just how bad the Soton result was, the fan reaction and the press storm and it's taken them a few days to get together and decide what to do.

The trip to OT is a write off anyway.

Hughes record is a disgrace, be interesting to see how long it is before someone is desperate enough to employ him again - my money is on the Welsh natinal team when they sack Coleman.

Hughes is unemployable after the job he has done with us. He was given full backing by a supportive board and it was a total disaster. This after walking out on Fulham for "lacking ambition (money)". No chairman will trust him ever again.
He's gone! on 11:39 - Nov 23 with 1374 viewsBedford_R

He's gone! on 11:33 - Nov 23 by WokingR

Classic....

RMH_R Reborn

He's gone! on 11:40 - Nov 23 with 1366 viewswestberksr

He's gone! on 11:26 - Nov 23 by George2Santos

sums it up really. I've never wanted a manager to fail and thought the bottom up rebuild under MH was needed for the club (still is, just without MH)

TF has done what he thought was right and most of us know he's made decisions for the best even if they haven't worked out.

MH has this season been the creator of his own downfall with shockingly bad decisions on player purchase, team selection & tactics. No amount of bad luck can be blamed as ultimately we are getting worse by the week, regardless of injuries, etc.

The king is dead; long live the King
He's gone! on 11:40 - Nov 23 with 1360 viewsElHoop

I think that he had to go. We were so poor against Southampton and we seemed to be getting even worse.

I think that we'll stay up this season. Time to give some of the others in the basement area something to worry about.
He's gone! on 11:41 - Nov 23 with 1352 viewsWokingR

He's gone! on 11:39 - Nov 23 by Bedford_R

Classic....

Well my mum always gets over excited at good news!
He's gone! on 11:44 - Nov 23 with 1335 viewsexiled_dictator

A regular paper buyer said to me this morning that MH was actually sacked at the meeting he had with Philip Beard on Monday, and hasn't trained with the team all week.
I think that the board had to act following last weeks performance & result, but were unsure who should replace him.
Benitez was definitely an option and was sounded out, but events overtook us with the RDM departure.
I would like to think that we can stay up this season, as this should be a priority at all costs. Unfortunately, there will need to be a bit of tweaking and changes made regardless of where we finish come May, but I think that this can only be a good thing long term. Some of the players attitudes & performances that we currently have on our books are frankly disgusting, and maybe TF will learn that he is in charge, not the manager, ever.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

He's gone! on 11:45 - Nov 23 with 1319 viewsJuzzie

I think the timing is right.

Firstly, sacking a PL manager probably takes a few days to sort out, a few meetings etc rather than a knee jerk reaction on a Monday morning.

Let's face it, we're not expected to win at OT so if a new manager was announced a few days ago and we got battered 6-0 that would be a really bad start for him.

We get battered at OT with coaches in charge and it has no reflection on the new manager.

Yes, the ideal scenario is that a new manager is announced a few days ago, comes in and we win 2-1 at OT.... however, what are the chances of that happening? Very, very, very, unlikely.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024