Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry in Shite 17:32 - Dec 5 with 4820 viewsTGRRRSSS

Owe rent for Richoh and have 21 days to pay it or face winding up order. Didn't Norf say ytars ago CCFC were doomed moving to Richoh arena???

That said who do the owners think will move in????
Coventry in Shite on 17:42 - Dec 5 with 3731 viewsJuzzie

He did indeed. Break even figure of something like 23,000 and they weren't getting anywhere near that.

A horrible ground, clearly designed by someone in their first month at architectural college. In future this will be held up as an example of how not to build a stadium.

Can't say I'm surprised though. Did they really need to move out of Highfield Road? A lesson for us all me thinks.

Coventry in Shite on 17:43 - Dec 5 with 3724 viewsthemodfather

Coventry in Shite on 17:42 - Dec 5 by Juzzie

He did indeed. Break even figure of something like 23,000 and they weren't getting anywhere near that.

A horrible ground, clearly designed by someone in their first month at architectural college. In future this will be held up as an example of how not to build a stadium.

Can't say I'm surprised though. Did they really need to move out of Highfield Road? A lesson for us all me thinks.

shame...not.
Coventry in Shite on 17:44 - Dec 5 with 3718 viewswindsorhoop

I really don't understand what this ACL company think is going to happen should coventry be wound up? Who is going to move in? nearest other club would be nuneaton who are bottom of the conference.

I understand the council part owns the ground. If they expect the council to step in and bail coventry city out then they are well out of luck. Its already over budget and is making 800 people redundant. If they stumped up the cash there would be riots.

That whole area has been a massive waste of public money. The retail park is always half empty when I drive past.
Coventry in Shite on 17:46 - Dec 5 with 3708 viewswindsorhoop

Coventry in Shite on 17:42 - Dec 5 by Juzzie

Its a lesson for west ham.

Cov sold highfield road and moved into the ricoh which was built by the council in partnership with private investors on a 99 year lease.

If we build a new ground its vital that we own it and dont lease it.
Coventry in Shite on 17:51 - Dec 5 with 3693 viewsQPRDave

Disliked Coventry ever since they affectively sent us down and escaped relegation yet again themselves, plus horrible strip
Coventry in Shite on 18:07 - Dec 5 with 3668 viewsBerkoRanger

Don't they have 2-3 promising youngsters we can buy?
Coventry in Shite on 18:36 - Dec 5 with 3623 viewswindsorhoop

Coventry in Shite on 18:07 - Dec 5 by BerkoRanger

Don't they have 2-3 promising youngsters we can buy?

Dont. Just remember Gary Borrowdale. Is he still at the club?
Coventry in Shite on 18:39 - Dec 5 with 3614 viewsted_hendrix

Good fcking riddance, there is also a lesson to be learnt for other clubs.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry in Shite on 18:51 - Dec 5 with 3586 viewsWatford_Ranger

No club deserves it but if it happens to anyone I'm glad it's Coventry City.

Vaguely remember a pre or post match article predicting their demise and slating the Ricoh which was seen as the bitter rumblings of a small club on their message board. Anyone have a link to it?
Coventry in Shite on 18:56 - Dec 5 with 3566 viewsted_hendrix

Coventry in Shite on 18:51 - Dec 5 by Watford_Ranger

No club deserves it but if it happens to anyone I'm glad it's Coventry City.

Vaguely remember a pre or post match article predicting their demise and slating the Ricoh which was seen as the bitter rumblings of a small club on their message board. Anyone have a link to it?

No club deserves it is correct however, that game where we lost 1-0 at Highfield Road still rankles with me, that and the fact that their fans thought it hilarious that we were going down.

Shouldn't be so bitter blah, blah, but that journey home that night was a killer.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coventry in Shite on 19:06 - Dec 5 with 3542 viewsBirchwood

Coventry in Shite on 18:36 - Dec 5 by windsorhoop

Dont. Just remember Gary Borrowdale. Is he still at the club?

He is at Dartford I believe. I know a good friend of his and he says he was on 9 grand a week with us. Shocking!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.

Coventry in Shite on 20:12 - Dec 5 with 3457 viewsderbyhoop

How not to run a club. Sell a stadium you own, close to the town centre to move to a bigger ground on a soulless industrial estate 5 miles from anywhere. And pay for the privilege.

If they go bust, it's their own fault.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Coventry in Shite on 20:14 - Dec 5 with 3452 viewspaulparker

horrible,horrible place and a great big white elephant of a stadium,
used to have to go door knocking for money near where the new stadium is
and the people there are f*cking mutants !!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Coventry in Shite on 20:22 - Dec 5 with 3422 viewsessextaxiboy

Coventry in Shite on 20:12 - Dec 5 by derbyhoop

How not to run a club. Sell a stadium you own, close to the town centre to move to a bigger ground on a soulless industrial estate 5 miles from anywhere. And pay for the privilege.

Isnt this a wake up call for West Ham ?

Sell Upton Park , Rent the Olympic Stadium /. Go down and your are on the slippery slope surely.
Coventry in Shite on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 3374 viewssmegma

Coventry in Shite on 21:53 - Dec 5 with 3311 viewsDesertBoot

Coventry in Shite on 18:56 - Dec 5 by ted_hendrix

No club deserves it is correct however, that game where we lost 1-0 at Highfield Road still rankles with me, that and the fact that their fans thought it hilarious that we were going down.

Shouldn't be so bitter blah, blah, but that journey home that night was a killer.

Eoin Jess and no strikers on the bench. Horrible day.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Coventry in Shite on 22:00 - Dec 5 with 3281 viewsNorthernr

Coventry in Shite on 20:12 - Dec 5 by derbyhoop

And when I wrote articles saying that every time we played them for the last four years I was told I was being bitter because QPR are stuck at Loftus Road. Stuff em.
Coventry in Shite on 22:45 - Dec 5 with 3222 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think West Ham is the big one renting a ground but no doubt they think they are too big for such a problem. I think in our case if it was our ground it's less of a problem.
Now they are saying rent is too high and needs renegoitiation
Coventry in Shite on 23:10 - Dec 5 with 3191 viewsGloryHunter

Sullivan & Gold will have a master plan here - they'll be looking to sell up for a big profit and clear off before the penny drops.
Coventry in Shite on 04:30 - Dec 6 with 3119 viewsCHUBBS

It couldn't happen to a more detestable horrid club.I just can't think of a football club i dislike more.It all started at that bloody defeat in 96 and now they're paying for it.I do hope they stay afloat but to see them chucked out of that soulless shit hole would be hilarious.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Coventry in Shite on 07:37 - Dec 6 with 3075 viewsbmouth_rs

Coventry in Shite on 04:30 - Dec 6 by CHUBBS

It couldn't happen to a more detestable horrid club.I just can't think of a football club i dislike more.It all started at that bloody defeat in 96 and now they're paying for it.I do hope they stay afloat but to see them chucked out of that soulless shit hole would be hilarious.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Plus throw in Marlon King
Coventry in Shite on 07:54 - Dec 6 with 3063 viewsWeaverQPR

You wait til TF has us rattling around in a 45k seater ground in the championship.

@WeavQPR

Coventry in Shite on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 3013 viewsCharlie1

Coventry in Shite on 18:56 - Dec 5 by ted_hendrix

Eion bloomin Jess

You did go mental after

Stuff em

2:59 baby!

Coventry in Shite on 09:43 - Dec 6 with 2991 viewsBluce_Ree

I put a gyspy curse on them that fateful day when we dominated them but lost 1-0 thanks to EOINOINOIN fking Jess.

It was a slow burning curse cos I'm not a gypsy.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Coventry in Shite on 11:25 - Dec 6 with 2941 viewsBeaufort27

Coventry in Shite on 07:54 - Dec 6 by WeaverQPR

You wait til TF has us rattling around in a 45k seater ground in the championship.

This is exactly what i was thinking. Although if he's smart the design will be one like Brighton's where it starts at a reasonable size with the capacity to increase seating once it becomes viable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024